The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #376
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
As seen on raw footage. HERE.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

That's a special feature for the Prologue. I doubt they did one for the Batpod jump. The presentation of the IMAX scenes in the film itself is cropped though.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #377
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
That's a special feature for the Prologue. I doubt they did one for the Batpod jump. The presentation of the IMAX scenes in the film itself is cropped though.
The bat-pod was not actually the bat-pod. They digitally placed it and Batman over a motorcycle doing the jump. There's a picture in the making of book.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #378
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
The bat-pod was not actually the bat-pod. They digitally placed it and Batman over a motorcycle doing the jump. There's a picture in the making of book.
I'm aware of that.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #379
The Guard
Side-Kick

Look at his tiny little stunt cape...I hope they didn't CGI that in. It reminds me of a production of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST I did in college...our Beast was like five foot nothing, and he had this little biblike stunt cape...that just looked ridiculous. At the end of the run, he was packing his costume up, and discovered that he actually had this great, flowing velvet cape that he could have used all along.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #380
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Look at his tiny little stunt cape...I hope they didn't CGI that in. It reminds me of a production of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST I did in college...our Beast was like five foot nothing, and he had this little biblike stunt cape...that just looked ridiculous. At the end of the run, he was packing his costume up, and discovered that he actually had this great, flowing velvet cape that he could have used all along.
I don't think so.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #381
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

The Guard is always reminded of the strangest, most disconnected things...

Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #382
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

You just got to look deeper for the subtext, CConn.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #383
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

The subtext would just be Guard's personal psychosises, which doesn't seem like something that should be talked about in mixed company.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #384
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

It's come to my attention that some copies of TDKR have shipped early but as far as I am aware that doesn't change anything regarding the posting of Gifs and images from the movie.

The earliest release date is still the 28th.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #385
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

I never picked them up but for those of you who were wanting the steelbook versions, this was in my local Sunday ad for bestbuy. Now in July they came with a sneak peek at the reborn documentary, I don't know if that's still included but you do get $5 off TDKR

Old 11-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #386
raze3003
Side-Kick

Wow people gettin tdkr early loving the slip cover its better then the others I guess I'm going broke on the 4

Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #387
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by raze3003 View Post
Wow people gettin tdkr early loving the slip cover its better then the others I guess I'm going broke on the 4
I really need another edition.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #388
raze3003
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really need another edition.
How many you got . I'm planning on getting all of them

Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #389
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I want to see this in 1080p IMAX aspect ratio.

Robin does the exact same thing in Robin's reckoning (BTAS)

Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #390
Ant-LOX
Bathman

just looks like the cape is blown to the other side.

Oh, and I am going to be broke for the 4th as well. I'm getting a new TV just for this movie.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #391
Vengeance of Bane
Side-Kick

I am very disappointed in the special features having seen the extra features. They are very similar to TDK and Inception meaning that they focus on the technical aspect on bringing the movie to the big screen. Old, Freeman and Caine are only featured for about 30 seconds. Since this is the last in the Nolan series it would have been appropriate to have all the main actors reflect a bit more on the journey of their characters.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #392
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I would say maybe wait for the big boxset next year.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #393
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://torrentfreak.com/the-dark-kni...orrent-121119/
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises is back again, this time as a DVD/ Blu-ray release. In a few days the film was downloaded more than a million times.

The Batman movie beats James Bondís Skyfall, which leaked on BitTorrent a few days earlier.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #394
shauner111
Side-Kick

I can't say im dissapointed because i still have high hopes for the boxset next summer. I hope that's when we get some really great extras.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #395
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance of Bane View Post
I am very disappointed in the special features having seen the extra features. They are very similar to TDK and Inception meaning that they focus on the technical aspect on bringing the movie to the big screen. Old, Freeman and Caine are only featured for about 30 seconds. Since this is the last in the Nolan series it would have been appropriate to have all the main actors reflect a bit more on the journey of their characters.

Still better than anything that was on that other successful 2012 CBM Blu-ray. Those features were piss-poor to say the least.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #396
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Ok I spoke to Mirko and it's no gifs or screencaps from the Blu Ray until the 4th of December.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #397
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Presell cases at Walmart

Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #398
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Ok I spoke to Mirko and it's no gifs or screencaps from the Blu Ray until the 4th of December.

That is ridiculous. When the HQ rips for TA and TASM came out, we got to post gifs on the earliest official release date, why not here? Pretty lousy if you ask me...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #399
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

That is ridiculous. When the HQ rips for TA and TASM came out, we got to post gifs on the earliest official release date, why not here? Pretty lousy if you ask me...
Maybe that's what he meant? The earliest official release date for TDKR is November 28th. It just doesn't come out in the US until December 4th.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #400
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7394...ses_combo.html

High-Def Digest Review. 4/5 Stars. Ignore the movie review.

Posted it in the wrong thread before.

Closed Thread