The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #176
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That lighting system is either being used extend film hours or it's just the lighting system being used to produced the flashes when someone uses magic or lighting.

So, are you saying it is not the lighting system they used to create that very bright light that most people are saying was either an Artificial sun or Portal. It is in the same place on the set as where the bright light was situated on the set, so I am pretty sure it is the same one.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #177
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Wait, there's more!

Looking over the car-carnage from yesterday, one flattened car in the distance looks like something lands on it perhaps?


Yeah, there is a picture that I saw (not sure if it was here or elsewhere) of Thor standing on the flattened car kneeling with smoke coming out of the car. Some people think it could be Thor's arrival, but not sure. Either way it looked cool.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #178
waffles
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Just outside of London, UK
Posts: 72
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

The sun was starting to set by this point so the quality of my phone camera pictures was steadily going downhill, sorry folks.

The main set from another angle



At this point I figured I had seen everything that was on offer for today so headed back to my car via the bus and trailers.



Although I did see the other half of the taxi and some other wrecked cars hiding behind some trucks



To get back to my house I have to drive up the side of Greenwich Park and as I was passing I saw some big white trailers hiding behind the trees. Oooh! More film stuff! After driving up and down the carpark trying to find a parking space I managed to get up close to the trailers to have a nose at the signs on the doors. I spotted this one



Along with Marvel and Malekith however all of the rest were covered over or obscured by the hair+makeup or costume trailers There were at least another 15 though so I'm guessing that if Selvig is there then Jane will be amongst them too. In here somewhere?



The observatory that they were all parked up by. The Meridian is in the courtyard here so you can hop from one timezone to the next



Someone has a nice view!



I took this last pic to give an overview of the area. This is looking down towards the Uni, river and Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf). The muddy section in the middle is where the Equestrain events were held for London 2012 and filming is happening in behind the white building. The observatory was behind me if that helps put it into context.


waffles is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #179
waffles
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Just outside of London, UK
Posts: 72
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Sorry, one last one! The ten pictures per post rule caught me out.


Heading out of the park looking back



And that was my afternoon wandering around the Thor 2 set! I think I will go back next weekend with my proper camera and see what has changed.

EDIT - I had a blast visiting the set It'll be cool to watch the film trying to spot where all these things come in!


Last edited by waffles; 11-18-2012 at 10:51 AM.
waffles is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #180
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

That is so awesome waffles. I am glad you had fun. Keep us posted.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #181
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Giving idiots a roundhouse kick to the head.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

I certainly hope that Double Decker bus gets thrown by Malekith at Thor Superman II style.

__________________
- Just never felt I needed to fit in and belong to feel complete. I'd rather be a free thinking person and be my own company instead.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #182
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Very cool! The overview pic was helpful.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #183
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Something to keep an eye on, Malekith's cape. It's very damaged in most of these fight pics I've seen. A few I'm not sure about, but if you see pictures with his cape NOT damaged then that is going to be a scene prior to the big fight or at the start.

Thanks again Waffles!

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #184
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,070
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I don't think the gem looking thing on Loki's staff was a Mind Gem, I just think it was part of the Spear of Destiny. I mean with a name like the Spear of Destiny you don't exactly want it to look like just any old spear, and being that it's a comic book movie giving it a type of power makes sense.

Also, we know that the Infinity Gauntlet resides in Odin's vault. So, what the Gauntlet is just a glove without gems? It really doesn't make sense, and if it's being suggested that the Gauntlet had the Gems to begin with, but that Loki took them and gave them to Thanos, so that Thanos could hand him one back, well (as you kind of said in your comment above about not being on board) to me that just make no sense what so ever. First off Loki wouldn't give them to Thanos, and Thanos definitely would not be giving them back.

As for the screenwriter's excuse thing you posted I really hope they don't make Odin weak again in this movie. What I would really like to see is that Malekith releases Surtur and the Sons of Muspel on Asgard, but it's only a distraction for his ultimate Goal which is to conquer earth. So, Odin expects Thor, Loki, Sif, Heimdel and the Warriors three to fight the Sons of Muspel, while he goes off and takes on Surtur, but when Thor learns of Malekith's intentions to conquer earth. He leaves Asgard to save earth, where he battles Kurse, Malekith and his dark elves. After saving earth from this threat he returns to Asgard and learns that Asgard won the battle, but not without a lot of destruction and death one of those people who died being Frigga.

So, that is kind of a long the lines of what I would like to see.

Surfer

I like this. But again, if Surtur WILL be in this movie, I don't think it will be a small little part. IF he is in this movie, I think the climax will be against him. After everything else is done. Meaning, I don't think it will be odin taking on surtur in asgard while thor deals with earthly things. I think that if surtur comes in, it will be after the dark elves have been defeated, malekith killed, kurse...redeemed, hell, I won't be surprised if Thor and Kurse have words after he defeats malekith, good words, comrads if you will.

After all this, I can see Surtur coming to earth, with an army, poses a distraction to keep thor and his allies busy, Surtur then goes to asgard, prooves to be too much for Odin alone, Thor ends up realizing what's going on, and goes home to find odin loosing to surtur, loki joins them, and in a good battle, an epic battle with great effects, the 3 of them defeat surtur, but Odin dies.

What I would PREFER, is if surtur stays a presence through out the movie. And the after credit scene is simply him finishing twilight. Then Thor 3 will be about Surtur's attack. Though not too sure if they can do an entire movie with that.

But I think Surtur will be in this movie cause the synopsis makes it sound like..that villain will have a pretty big role. Malekith is mentioned by name, so surtur makes sense. The synopsis makes it sound like this villain will have a bigger role

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #185
crounsa810
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 108
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Let me just first say that I am all for Surtur being in this movie, and I think he will be.


But here's the thing....if Surtur is going to be invading Asgard, maybe Earth, how does Thor fit into Avengers 2? How would he go from impending Ragnarok to "Oh hey guys I'm here to help you. Nevermind my home possibly on the path to destruction, I'll come help you guys instead."


Based on that thinking and this line from the synopsis " force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.", I think at the end of the movie we'll see Surtur emerging and Thor ending up stranded on Earth. That way, we set up Surtur in Thor 3 without derailing Thor in the Avengers, and it would build in a reason why he would be with the Avengers when his home is getting destroyed.

crounsa810 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #186
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,359
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, there is a picture that I saw (not sure if it was here or elsewhere) of Thor standing on the flattened car kneeling with smoke coming out of the car. Some people think it could be Thor's arrival, but not sure. Either way it looked cool.

Surfer
Yes, marvel_freshman posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
@American Maid That works! I would rather they save a battle of these sorts for either of the nine realms, sans earth.

More pics of the same scene



and this

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post




and many others

__________________
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: PHASE II


IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY


AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #187
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,136
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I certainly hope that Double Decker bus gets thrown by Malekith at Thor Superman II style.
Yeah me too, but I'd rather see Thor throw the bus at Malekith since he's the most "physical" guy of the two.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #188
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,420
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

I want to actually see Thor directly save some civilians from harm's way, whether it be catching a car that was about to smash them or even catching a civilian from falling off a bridge.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #189
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,136
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I want to actually see Thor directly save some civilians from harm's way, whether it be catching a car that was about to smash them or even catching a civilian from falling off a bridge.
I'd like to see him stop that double decker bus from crushing civilians or catching a large collapsing structure.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #190
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,420
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'd like to see him stop that double decker bus from crushing civilians or catching a large collapsing structure.
Either one of those, or hell, if they had a bigger budget, for him to have kept an entire Bridge in London from having collapsed into the ocean, and thus taking any civilian unfortunate enough to have been on it if it had happen.

But yep, so far, the only direct rescues that Thor has had for someone about to be killed were in "The Avengers" and those were for Black Widow, and to a lesser extent, for Captain America.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #191
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,752
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
Let me just first say that I am all for Surtur being in this movie, and I think he will be.


But here's the thing....if Surtur is going to be invading Asgard, maybe Earth, how does Thor fit into Avengers 2? How would he go from impending Ragnarok to "Oh hey guys I'm here to help you. Nevermind my home possibly on the path to destruction, I'll come help you guys instead."


Based on that thinking and this line from the synopsis " force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.", I think at the end of the movie we'll see Surtur emerging and Thor ending up stranded on Earth. That way, we set up Surtur in Thor 3 without derailing Thor in the Avengers, and it would build in a reason why he would be with the Avengers when his home is getting destroyed.
Good points.
Maybe that's the cliffhanger --- Thor will be trapped into getting isolated on Earth while Malekith summons Surtur to Asgard to go stomp Odin's ass, and there's nothing Goldilocks can do about it.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #192
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,136
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Either one of those, or hell, if they had a bigger budget, for him to have kept an entire Bridge in London from having collapsed into the ocean, and thus taking any civilian unfortunate enough to have been on it if it had happen.
That would be tops dude, I would seriously write MS a letter of gratitude if Thor does something that epic in T:TDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Good points.
Maybe that's the cliffhanger --- Thor will be trapped into getting isolated on Earth while Malekith summons Surtur to Asgard to go stomp Odin's ass, and there's nothing Goldilocks can do about it.
If he can stomp Odin's ass, what could Thor possible do about it?

Compared to Surtur, Thor is basically a super powered fly.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 PM   #193
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,070
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That would be tops dude, I would seriously write MS a letter of gratitude if Thor does something that epic in T:TDW.



If he can stomp Odin's ass, what could Thor possible do about it?

Compared to Surtur, Thor is basically a super powered fly.
Maybe he exaggerated a bit. Not stomp odin, but probably he will not be able to defeat surtur without thor's help and loki's

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #194
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Maybe he exaggerated a bit. Not stomp odin, but probably he will not be able to defeat surtur without thor's help and loki's

I agree with Big Thor on this one. Thor and Loki would have little effect on Surtur, and about the only aid they would be able to offer Odin is a possible distraction so he could get the upper hand. However, I think Odin and Surtur are close enough in power levels that a one on one battle between those two would be epic. This is the way I would like to see it.


Act 1


Thor and Loki return to Asgard.


Odin passes judgement on Loki and banishes him to muspellheim as punishment.


Malekith comes into focus as a character wanting to take over the 9 realms.


Malekith uses magic to summon and transport Surtur and the sons of Muspell(via a portal) to Alfheim, with the intention of destroying Alfheim, Vanaheim and eventually Asgard (which all reside on the same planet).


Loki learns of Malekith's intentions to destroy Asgard and returns back to Odin to warn him, not because he is necessarilly a hero but to gain good favor, so that he can return and continue his mischief in the future.


Odin Assembles the best warriors of Asgard (Thor, Loki, Heimdel, Sif, Warriors three, and I would really like to see Baulder) to ride out and meet the impending onslaught of demons before they reach Asgard.


The light Elves prove to be no match for the sons of muspell and with the destruction Surtur brings well all is lost for them, and Surtur and the Sons of Muspell continue on to Vanaheim where the battle between Asgardians and demons begins.


Act 2


In the meantime, Malekith opens a portal and invades earth with his Dark Elves including Kurse. For the purposes of this movie I see Kurse as being a evil dark elf that is extremely powerful physically (on par with Thor), but like a lot of brutes (Hulk) he take orders from a leader (which in this case would be Malekith).


Odin squares off against Surtur, while the other asgardians take on the sons of Muspel.


During the battle Heimdell becomes aware of the invasion on earth due to his all seeing eyes, and notifies Thor.


Thor, makes a conscious decision to leave the battle at Vanaheim (along with his friends and family) to honor and uphold his self inflicted obligations to protect Jane Foster and Earth.


Act 3


The battle between Surtur and Odin continues to rage on in Vanaheim, while without Thor the Sons of Muspel are making headway against the Asgardians and are advancing towards Asgard itself.


Thor meets up with Malekith, Kurse and the Dark Elves in england (where we have seen many of the set photos recently)

Malekith orders Kurse to destroy Thor and a battle insues.


In Vanaheim Odin and Surtur continue their winner take all battle of epic proportions.


And at Asgard we see the city is starting to be breached as the Asgardians only seem to be slowing them down, but not really stopping them.


On earth Malekith continues to watch on as the two combatants (Thor and Kurse) trade blow for blow, but after a while Malekith decides Kurse has failed him by not obeying his command to dispatch Thor (something he feels is unacceptable and punishable by death). So, Malekith creates an earthquake and opens up the earth floor sending both warriors falling down towards the molten core of the center of the earth. Kurse is killed during this process, but as Thor can fly he escapes the hole in the cracked earth just before Malekith closes it behind him.


In Asgard we see much destruction as it appears to be over run by demons, once again as the Asgardians seem helpless to stop them. We see much Asgardian death the most important being Frigga.


Back on Earth Thor begins to battle Malekith and it becomes an epic battle of might vs magic. After a long battle sequence between the two we see Thor emerge victorious.


Thor returns to Asgard and helps the other Asgardians turn the tide and defeat the Sons of Muspell.


Meanwhile Odin gets the upper hand in the battle with Surtur and he sends him back to Muspellheim where he belongs. Then Odin returns home to find a devastated Asgard, and much of the blame he feels belongs to Thor, where as Loki is now finding himself back in his fathers good graces.


Perhaps a cameo for Enchantress and Executioner for Thor 3 in end credits.


The end. So that is what I would like to see. I probably won't get most of it, but who knows.


Just thought I would throw it out there. Lol


Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #195
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Giving idiots a roundhouse kick to the head.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah me too, but I'd rather see Thor throw the bus at Malekith since he's the most "physical" guy of the two.
Malekith can throw the bus at Thor with his magic though. I just want to here Chris Hemsworth yell, "Stop! The People!" before getting the bus thrown at him.

Yes, slap me for that Superman II reference if you'd like.

__________________
- Just never felt I needed to fit in and belong to feel complete. I'd rather be a free thinking person and be my own company instead.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #196
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,147
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

If and when Surtur shows up it will be intresting to see how they handle him so that he doesn't come off like another Kronos from Wrath of The Titans or Balrog from Lord Of The Rings.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #197
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Giving idiots a roundhouse kick to the head.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

I think he should look like a giant red skinned, demonically horned, absolutely ripped, loin clothed creature. But then people might say he looks too much like Hellboy.

__________________
- Just never felt I needed to fit in and belong to feel complete. I'd rather be a free thinking person and be my own company instead.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #198
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,752
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I agree with Big Thor on this one. Thor and Loki would have little effect on Surtur, and about the only aid they would be able to offer Odin is a possible distraction so he could get the upper hand. However, I think Odin and Surtur are close enough in power levels that a one on one battle between those two would be epic. This is the way I would like to see it.


Act 1


Thor and Loki return to Asgard.


Odin passes judgement on Loki and banishes him to muspellheim as punishment.


Malekith comes into focus as a character wanting to take over the 9 realms.


Malekith uses magic to summon and transport Surtur and the sons of Muspell(via a portal) to Alfheim, with the intention of destroying Alfheim, Vanaheim and eventually Asgard (which all reside on the same planet).


Loki learns of Malekith's intentions to destroy Asgard and returns back to Odin to warn him, not because he is necessarilly a hero but to gain good favor, so that he can return and continue his mischief in the future.


Odin Assembles the best warriors of Asgard (Thor, Loki, Heimdel, Sif, Warriors three, and I would really like to see Baulder) to ride out and meet the impending onslaught of demons before they reach Asgard.


The light Elves prove to be no match for the sons of muspell and with the destruction Surtur brings well all is lost for them, and Surtur and the Sons of Muspell continue on to Vanaheim where the battle between Asgardians and demons begins.


Act 2


In the meantime, Malekith opens a portal and invades earth with his Dark Elves including Kurse. For the purposes of this movie I see Kurse as being a evil dark elf that is extremely powerful physically (on par with Thor), but like a lot of brutes (Hulk) he take orders from a leader (which in this case would be Malekith).


Odin squares off against Surtur, while the other asgardians take on the sons of Muspel.


During the battle Heimdell becomes aware of the invasion on earth due to his all seeing eyes, and notifies Thor.


Thor, makes a conscious decision to leave the battle at Vanaheim (along with his friends and family) to honor and uphold his self inflicted obligations to protect Jane Foster and Earth.


Act 3


The battle between Surtur and Odin continues to rage on in Vanaheim, while without Thor the Sons of Muspel are making headway against the Asgardians and are advancing towards Asgard itself.


Thor meets up with Malekith, Kurse and the Dark Elves in england (where we have seen many of the set photos recently)

Malekith orders Kurse to destroy Thor and a battle insues.


In Vanaheim Odin and Surtur continue their winner take all battle of epic proportions.


And at Asgard we see the city is starting to be breached as the Asgardians only seem to be slowing them down, but not really stopping them.


On earth Malekith continues to watch on as the two combatants (Thor and Kurse) trade blow for blow, but after a while Malekith decides Kurse has failed him by not obeying his command to dispatch Thor (something he feels is unacceptable and punishable by death). So, Malekith creates an earthquake and opens up the earth floor sending both warriors falling down towards the molten core of the center of the earth. Kurse is killed during this process, but as Thor can fly he escapes the hole in the cracked earth just before Malekith closes it behind him.


In Asgard we see much destruction as it appears to be over run by demons, once again as the Asgardians seem helpless to stop them. We see much Asgardian death the most important being Frigga.


Back on Earth Thor begins to battle Malekith and it becomes an epic battle of might vs magic. After a long battle sequence between the two we see Thor emerge victorious.


Thor returns to Asgard and helps the other Asgardians turn the tide and defeat the Sons of Muspell.


Meanwhile Odin gets the upper hand in the battle with Surtur and he sends him back to Muspellheim where he belongs. Then Odin returns home to find a devastated Asgard, and much of the blame he feels belongs to Thor, where as Loki is now finding himself back in his fathers good graces.


Perhaps a cameo for Enchantress and Executioner for Thor 3 in end credits.


The end. So that is what I would like to see. I probably won't get most of it, but who knows.


Just thought I would throw it out there. Lol


Surfer
I agree that Asgard is about to get rocked to its core and possibly even destroyed, and there's a damn good chance that Odin doesn't make it, leaving Thor with the crown.

But I strongly doubt we'll see Vanaheim or Alfheim, or any realms besides Midgard, Asgard, and Svartalfheim, and *possibly* Muspell. Every other realm is completely extraneous to the plot, and would bloat it unnecessarily.

Also, I strongly doubt we'll ever see Malekith teamed up with Kurse. Malekith teamed up with *Algrim,* and used him to fight Thor, but then he viciously betrayed him and left him for dead. *Kurse,* however, will be Malekith's enemy, and will, in fact, kill Malekith in righteous vengeance. That's his entire story according to canon, so I see no reason to deviate from that.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #199
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

@Surfer: I'm going to post my reply to your plot outline in the Plots based on Spoilers thread. I'm anticipating (hoping!) this thread is about to get a bunch more great photos from London, which may bury this.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #200
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
@Surfer: I'm going to post my reply to your plot outline in the Plots based on Spoilers thread. I'm anticipating (hoping!) this thread is about to get a bunch more great photos from London, which may bury this.
Oh okay thanks American Maid.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.