The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #651
Aarondapastyman
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Posts: 5
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Does anyone know where I could just get some accurate knee pads??? I have some reasonable trousers so after the pads to complete the look.

Don't suppose anyone's selling an XL vest/Belt too??

Aarondapastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #652
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameblank View Post
I have a tendency to tuck my chin in all my pictures...Tom Hardy held his head up high...maybe a height thing for him...my chin tucking is because of 6 years of MMA/boxing...ill correct that for the Blu-Ray release party next month when i dress up again. I bought one of the bane masks from OTSTE...excited to see how it fits/looks
It probably was a height thing. I noticed in the movie they also rarely shot from above him...it was usually from straight on or up from below eye/face level.

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #653
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarondapastyman View Post
Does anyone know where I could just get some accurate knee pads??? I have some reasonable trousers so after the pads to complete the look.

Don't suppose anyone's selling an XL vest/Belt too??
Knee pads - some people talked about finding them at army surplus stores. I haven't decided on pants yet but I will probably go with Emerson's as I'll be dropping the most money on my mask & corset.

have you checked eBay for belts/vests?

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #654
mac_82
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

I'm going to sell my unpainted JBrown mask. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #655
STeeL25T
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Dressed up again for our local Anime convention last weekend.


STeeL25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #656
FireRises
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Hello guys! I have been a "lurker" ever since the first thread, I've recently made this account to finally ask you guys (the experts) yall's opinions on a bane mask. I'm a collector of superhero items such as masks and helmets of my favorites and well I'm very picky of my collection and would like as close to screen accurate as i can get. However that said I don't want to break the bank, I would like to know which mask yall think is moderately accurate (doesn't have to be 100%) and at a fairly reasonable price. You guys have major talent and I would really appreciate and respect all opinions on the matter, thanks.

FireRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #657
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

@STeeL25T nice lats!! I won't be able (nor do I really want to) like that but I'm definitely going to work on my arms.

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #658
Luckyslev
That one guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 89
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRises View Post
Hello guys! I have been a "lurker" ever since the first thread, I've recently made this account to finally ask you guys (the experts) yall's opinions on a bane mask. I'm a collector of superhero items such as masks and helmets of my favorites and well I'm very picky of my collection and would like as close to screen accurate as i can get. However that said I don't want to break the bank, I would like to know which mask yall think is moderately accurate (doesn't have to be 100%) and at a fairly reasonable price. You guys have major talent and I would really appreciate and respect all opinions on the matter, thanks.
The JBrown mask is what I have and I really enjoy it, with a good paint job it looks really good and only a stickler or a true fan will be able to point out the few inaccuracies in the mask.

Like it has been said many times over, the most accurate right now is Todd's mask, but I believe he has stopped making them for right now and the few out there are most likely going to be held onto for sometime by their respective owners.

Luckyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #659
jezza
Side-Kick
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 557
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

My Bane and my friends Catwoman costume are up for votes on best dressed at Halloween. The competition closes on the 30th of November. Could we please request votes from those on Facebook please?

You will find both of our costumes in the online photo album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6814488&type=3

All you have to do is like each photo.

Thank you

jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #660
Banezilla
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Hi all been along time reader here, seems to have died off.

Banezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #661
FireRises
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

This is the first female version of bane i have seen i thought you guys would like to see it and maybe get some ideas from it. I hope it works this is the first time i have tried to post a pic....



Last edited by FireRises; 11-17-2012 at 01:45 AM.
FireRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #662
hurleyb6930
im so thor right now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: brighton, michigan
Posts: 103
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

To Firerises, I own a Todd mask and i have been cherishing that bad boy since I recieved it. Accuracy is dead on and Seeing it in person is 10x better then any photo.

hurleyb6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #663
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRises View Post
This is the first female version of bane i have seen i thought you guys would like to see it and maybe get some ideas from it. I hope it works this is the first time i have tried to post a pic....

Your pic didn't show..I think you have to have more posts to get a picture to show up in a post.

I will be the second female version of Bane you will see. Probably. lol

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #664
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banezilla View Post
Hi all been along time reader here, seems to have died off.
Probably, with Halloween being over. I have this page bookmarked and I keep resurrecting it...the regulars in this forum are probably sick of it hahaha! I would imagine we'd have a resurgence in Bane costumes for Comic Con and Halloween next year.

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #665
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza View Post
My Bane and my friends Catwoman costume are up for votes on best dressed at Halloween. The competition closes on the 30th of November. Could we please request votes from those on Facebook please?

You will find both of our costumes in the online photo album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6814488&type=3

All you have to do is like each photo.

Thank you
Voted. Great Bane, btw, and I don't think it matters that you didn't shave your head. I actually couldn't tell you hadn't shaved it until I read the comments about it.

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #666
Luckyslev
That one guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 89
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleyb6930 View Post
To Firerises, I own a Todd mask and i have been cherishing that bad boy since I recieved it. Accuracy is dead on and Seeing it in person is 10x better then any photo.
It's a dream of mine to someday own a Todd mask...I envy you haha

Luckyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #667
Rdmaul
I Break Backs!
 
Rdmaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 380
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

The thread will slow down now that Halloween is over it happened with the Joker thread too. Nothing we can do about it but stay in here at try to post good info when we can

Rdmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #668
jezza
Side-Kick
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 557
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBane View Post
Voted. Great Bane, btw, and I don't think it matters that you didn't shave your head. I actually couldn't tell you hadn't shaved it until I read the comments about it.

Thank you, most appreciated

On a side note. I had a car crash earlier in the week and I'm having to sell a lot of my bane items to pay for the damages. You can find the jacket here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2908151924...84.m1555.l2649 and look under my other items for the mask and an alternative jacket. I will be listing the pants and the gauntlet sometime over the next few days, the vest requires some repair work, so that's not going up immediately unless anyone would like it in it's current state?


Last edited by jezza; 11-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #669
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

@jezza I'm so sorry to hear you were in a wreck that's a crappy reason to have to sell of your costume stuff :/ I hope no one was injured?

Are the pants also from Banepants.com? What size are they?

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #670
jezza
Side-Kick
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 557
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBane View Post
@jezza I'm so sorry to hear you were in a wreck that's a crappy reason to have to sell of your costume stuff :/ I hope no one was injured?

Are the pants also from Banepants.com? What size are they?
It was only me in the crash, I was quick enough to avoid the other car that could have been involved, unfortunately they drove off though and I didn't get their license plate. I only had a minor back issue nothing overly serious. The pants are indeed from banepants, they're a 34" waist, the smallest ones Banepants would would do when I was ordering.

jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #671
SUPARNOVAX
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 152
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

https://www.facebook.com/NicoleMarieJeanPage 's Female Bane


SUPARNOVAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #672
Banezilla
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPARNOVAX View Post
Super hot! Wish my gf had one,would restrict her talking.

Banezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #673
usernameblank
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

first time ive been attracted to Bane in that way...lol awesome job! should have been with me on Halloween...all i had was some creepy girl dressed as Catwoman try to whip me with a belt.

usernameblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #674
LadyBane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 36
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPARNOVAX View Post
ERMAGHERD!!!?!? This kind of excellence is my goal!

LadyBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #675
Banezilla
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Here's a few photos from my last outting what you think?

Banezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.