Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #501
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Because I'm one of those fans who can't let something go. When I see a character/actor, who protrayed one of the characters I love badly, I cannot let it go. I constantly see them as that character that I HATE. I don't care if it's the writers fault or the actors fault. I still hate them as that character and that's that.

Just to be fair...this also works if I LOVE the character. For instance, it will be very hard for me to see Johnny Depp as someone other than Jack Sparrow...who I love. Though, I will be more willing to accept his new protrayal instead of a character who I loathe because I will have to forget I loathe the previous character they protrayed.

While I guess you may think this is strange...it's not that hard of concept. Mark Hamill was forever hampered by people not being able to forget he is/was Luke Skywalker.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #502
Deathstroke
Banned User

The Superman and Wonder Woman pairing surprisingly works and take the character in a whole new and fresh direction. That was the point of the New 52.

And yes, Johns says the relationship is meant to last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyYPGZhu-YE

I wonder if it will carry over into the JL film.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #503
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well many thought that the relationship between Superman and Lois were meant to last within the comics and look at where we're at.

If Superman and Lois become a couple at the conclusion of the events of MOS, no way would they have a Wonder Woman and Superman pairing within the JLA film series if Cavil was attached until a new solo film said otherwise.

Plus, DC lost a hell of a lot of readers from what I read when they not only erased the Lois and Superman romance, but made both characters into versions less flattering than what they were previously known for being awhile back.

The fictional romance between Superman and Lois is arguably one of the most well known romances out there, more so than a pairing between Wonder Woman and Superman, and there's no way that DC Comics can exactly force the studios to make such a pairing in the films if the studios says otherwise; they don't have as much grasp on the film properties like Marvel Studios has with their products.

And this is still all under the assumption that a JLA film will even be released in 2015. At this given point, i don't see it being made; especially if MOS ends being a good success since they'll likely want to bank on that given and assured thing for a 2015 release (a year that's filled with big blockbusters) than a uncertain JLA project.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #504
Deathstroke
Banned User

It's a bigger leap for MoS to be a good success that satisfies Warners. It has a lot going against it as well in terms of it's release date. JLA is WB trying to tap Avengers-level box office. Their greed is too powerful to just drop JLA, especially in the midst of Avengers sequels. It's also a big assumption that Superman and Lois will be a couple at the end of MoS. It could very well be way too soon for that.

I think many in the industry would agree that the Superman/Lois romance got incredibly stale in recent decades, especially in the 90s. Wrong turns were made. In fact, I remember a recent interview where Grant Morrison and many others were pointing out why Superman/Lois simply doesn't work. Maybe MoS could bring Lois' relevance back, but I'm doubtful whether the romance will even be a prevalent feature in this film given who wrote it. It will probably take a backseat to the more important stuff.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #505
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
It's a bigger leap for MoS to be a good success that satisfies Warners. It has a lot going against it as well in terms of it's release date. JLA is WB trying to tap Avengers-level box office. Their greed is too powerful to just drop JLA, especially in the midst of Avengers sequels. It's also a big assumption that Superman and Lois will be a couple at the end of MoS. It could very well be way too soon for that.

I think many in the industry would agree that the Superman/Lois romance got incredibly stale in recent decades, especially in the 90s. Wrong turns were made. In fact, I remember a recent interview where Grant Morrison and many others were pointing out why Superman/Lois simply doesn't work. Maybe MoS could bring Lois' relevance back, but I'm doubtful whether the romance will even be a prevalent feature in this film given who wrote it. It will probably take a backseat to the more important stuff.
And it's also a bigger leap to suggest that with everything that's coming out in 2015 that Warner Bros. would still feel confident that they could release something that's more of a wild card than something more stable like a sequel to Man of Steel.

If Warner Bros. can't find a cast and crew for the film within a given amount of time, especially for a 2015 release, along with MOS being a success, then it's likely that MOS 2 will happen in 2015.

Also, I, along with several others, think that it's absolute b.s. about Lois not having had relevance within the comics prior to the New 52.

I still think it's quite sad to this day that we live in a age where a normal/stable/happy marriage between two characters is considered "dull" and not a "journey" of its own and that the only thing that being "single" or not "committed" is relevant for some.

And assuming if that passionate kiss between the two shown within the CC trailer is of any indication, there will be feelings involved.

Honestly, I have yet to meet or hear from one person on why Lois was irrelevant prior to her New 52 characterization and why the relationship between the two wouldn't work out anymore.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I rather go with a MOS sequel in 2015 if the first film is a success than something that the studio is only going forward with because of their greed, which could set their comic film division even further back.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #506
Zionite1
Side-Kick

To those who say Clois is boring,look at the smallville comics.Theyre killing it with Clois.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #507
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well many thought that the relationship between Superman and Lois were meant to last within the comics and look at where we're at.

If Superman and Lois become a couple at the conclusion of the events of MOS, no way would they have a Wonder Woman and Superman pairing within the JLA film series if Cavil was attached until a new solo film said otherwise.

Plus, DC lost a hell of a lot of readers from what I read when they not only erased the Lois and Superman romance, but made both characters into versions less flattering than what they were previously known for being awhile back.

The fictional romance between Superman and Lois is arguably one of the most well known romances out there, more so than a pairing between Wonder Woman and Superman, and there's no way that DC Comics can exactly force the studios to make such a pairing in the films if the studios says otherwise; they don't have as much grasp on the film properties like Marvel Studios has with their products.

And this is still all under the assumption that a JLA film will even be released in 2015. At this given point, i don't see it being made; especially if MOS ends being a good success since they'll likely want to bank on that given and assured thing for a 2015 release (a year that's filled with big blockbusters) than a uncertain JLA project.
It is worth noting that Johns' Justice League, while far from unpopular, isn't nearly as well respected as his previous big story runs, and that the shake-up in the relationship in the Superman comic has done nothing for it's sales. Even the new writer has caught a bit more flack for continuing DC's Team Clark vs. Team Whats-his-name thing. Most of the stuff I've heard suggests that the decision was mainly an editorial decision.

And I'd bet they'd keep a justice League movie on track if they thought they had a good shot. Last time I don't think they were taking it all that seriously.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #508
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
And it's also a bigger leap to suggest that with everything that's coming out in 2015 that Warner Bros. would still feel confident that they could release something that's more of a wild card than something more stable like a sequel to Man of Steel.
If Warner Bros. can't find a cast and crew for the film within a given amount of time, especially for a 2015 release, along with MOS being a success, then it's likely that MOS 2 will happen in 2015.
Haha. Warner Bros can't rush together a sequel within 2 years.

The earliest we could get a MoS sequel is 2016. You should hope JLA comes out in 2015, because if it gets pushed back.. it will likely take the 2016 spot.

At the moment,it's a priority.

Quote:
Also, I, along with several others, think that it's absolute b.s. about Lois not having had relevance within the comics prior to the New 52.

I still think it's quite sad to this day that we live in a age where a normal/stable/happy marriage between two characters is considered "dull" and not a "journey" of its own and that the only thing that being "single" or not "committed" is relevant for some.
If this was the Archie Comics or something along those lines, perhaps. But this is an action-driven superhero.The New 52 is shifting the focus away from Superman's love life onto bigger and better things that have stronger appeal to the main demos reading the comics.

Domesticated Superman ran it's course in the 90s and stayed on longer than it should have. There was major division at DC over it. It's done. End of an era. Moving on.

Quote:
And assuming if that passionate kiss between the two shown within the CC trailer is of any indication, there will be feelings involved..
No different than the kiss between Bruce and Rachel, or between any superhero and his love interest in the first film. Hardly an indication of an actual couple.

Quote:
Honestly, I have yet to meet or hear from one person on why Lois was irrelevant prior to her New 52 characterization and why the relationship between the two wouldn't work out anymore.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I rather go with a MOS sequel in 2015 if the first film is a success than something that the studio is only going forward with because of their greed, which could set their comic film division even further back.
That's how studios work.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #509
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Haha. Warner Bros can't rush together a sequel within 2 years.

The earliest we could get a MoS sequel is 2016. You should hope JLA comes out in 2015, because if it gets pushed back.. it will likely take the 2016 spot.

At the moment,it's a priority.

If this was the Archie Comics or something along those lines, perhaps. But this is an action-driven superhero.The New 52 is shifting the focus away from Superman's love life onto bigger and better things that have stronger appeal to the main demos reading the comics.

Domesticated Superman ran it's course in the 90s and stayed on longer than it should have. There was major division at DC over it. It's done. End of an era. Moving on.

No different than the kiss between Bruce and Rachel, or between any superhero and his love interest in the first film. Hardly an indication of an actual couple.

That's how studios work.

The difference between the likes of Bruce and Rachel vs Clark Kent and Lois Lane is that the latter couple is actually a canon couple that has a long and detailed history within the comics so it's more easier to assume that the latter would form some type of romantic attachment with each other than the likes of Bruce and Rachel, who as originally created for Nolan's film series.

And I find it ironic that DC's explanation in trying to modernize Superman within the New 52 is to make him more relatable with audiences since as far as I've read, he's far from being relatable.

He's paired up with a Amazonian princess and has less humanity present within him than what was shown of his character before the New 52 mess. His Earth parents are dead and he just doesn't come off as the inspirational hero that he was famously known for being.

And honestly, if the JLA film ends up being a huge disaster and if Henry was attached to that project, couldn't that hurt MOS as a property as well?

As far as I'm concerned, Warner Bros. hasn't given any reason for me to believe on why their attempt in making this film will be a good thing since for all we know, they may just make things more worse for them than better.

I would rather wait for a JLA film that's been carefully planned and timed like how Marvel did with the Avengers than just picking up any scraps thrown at me by them.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #510
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
The difference between the likes of Bruce and Rachel vs Clark Kent and Lois Lane is that the latter couple is actually a canon couple that has a long and detailed history within the comics so it's more easier to assume that the latter would form some type of romantic attachment with each other than the likes of Bruce and Rachel, who as originally created for Nolan's film series.
There really is no difference based on the footage you described. It was a standard superhero film kiss. Every superhero film has one. It's a required cliche. It's hardly indicative of them being an actual couple.

Quote:
And I find it ironic that DC's explanation in trying to modernize Superman within the New 52 is to make him more relatable with audiences since as far as I've read, he's far from being relatable.

He's paired up with a Amazonian princess and has less humanity present within him than what was shown of his character before the New 52 mess. His Earth parents are dead and he just doesn't come off as the inspirational hero that he was famously known for being.

They're actually playing up his alien heritage nowadays as opposed to his humanity. Even MoS was rumored to take that approach. The SDCC footage really played up the topic of alienation.

His Earth parents serve their purpose in his childhood years. They aren't really necessary for his adult ones. They've been dead quite often in the Golden Age/Silver Age origin pieces.

I think DC is just being more realistic about the 'inspirational' stuff without sugar-coating it as many Superman interpretations do. But none of that really has anything to do with his romantic relationship with Wonder Woman.

Quote:
And honestly, if the JLA film ends up being a huge disaster and if Henry was attached to that project, couldn't that hurt MOS as a property as well?

As far as I'm concerned, Warner Bros. hasn't given any reason for me to believe on why their attempt in making this film will be a good thing since for all we know, they may just make things more worse for them than better.

I would rather wait for a JLA film that's been carefully planned and timed like how Marvel did with the Avengers than just picking up any scraps thrown at me by them.
First we'll have to see if MoS will even be a franchise and whether it makes enough to satisfy Warner Bros to greenlight a sequel.

Keep in mind, Nolan and Thomas are likely gone due to the politics at Warners. Robinov may be on the way out. The incentive to make another Superman may be much less if the film doesn't perform really well.

Snyder's track record is iffy. Things could go either way for MoS.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #511
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
There really is no difference based on the footage you described. It was a standard superhero film kiss. Every superhero film has one. It's a required cliche. It's hardly indicative of them being an actual couple.

They're actually playing up his alien heritage nowadays as opposed to his humanity. Even MoS was rumored to take that approach. The SDCC footage really played up the topic of alienation.

His Earth parents serve their purpose in his childhood years. They aren't really necessary for his adult ones. They've been dead quite often in the Golden Age/Silver Age origin pieces.

I think DC is just being more realistic about the 'inspirational' stuff without sugar-coating it as many Superman interpretations do. But none of that really has anything to do with his romantic relationship with Wonder Woman.

First we'll have to see if MoS will even be a franchise and whether it makes enough to satisfy Warner Bros to greenlight a sequel.

Keep in mind, Nolan and Thomas are likely gone due to the politics at Warners. Robinov may be on the way out. The incentive to make another Superman may be much less if the film doesn't perform really well.

Snyder's track record is iffy. Things could go either way for MoS.

Well I seem to recall Snyder and co. mentioning on the importance that Lois's character has within Superman's life and that one of the reasons why she was selected for the role was because Snyder felt that she could convey the personality that would convince audiences on why Superman would "fall in love" with her, etc.

And honestly, what makes you think that the JLA has any better of a chance succeeding than MOS has at the moment?

And yeah, his dad was the one dead for the most part at times, but at least his mother was around at times, and there was a point when both parents were around as well during the post-Superman debut days.

And a lot of people involved with the film have mentioned on how the film also deals with his own humanity as well; with the concept of what would a person do today if they were superman.

Honestly, I've stated my stance on the issue and I don't see either of us exactly changing our opinions on the matter.lol, but that's my humble opinion on the situation.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #512
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Look ma! We have Talia, Selina, Lois, and even Aunt May all in one place!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #513
Filmboy
Banned User

Quote:
Look ma! We have Talia, Selina, Lois, and even Aunt May all in one place!

I thought this is some sort of DC comics photoshoot then I realise Helen Hunt, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts didn't play comic book characters

and Sally Field plays Aunt May who is from Marvel.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #514
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

Weisz and Watts were both on the shortlist for TDKR too, as I recall.

That's quite a lot of acting talent in one picture.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #515
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Only thing missing from that photoshoot is dat Ma Kent.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #516
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If that picture added Emma Stone and Scarlett Johannson, then it'd be perfect perfect.lol

Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #517
The Guard
Side-Kick

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The New 52 essentially reboot Superman's story? If so, it makes sense that he and Lois wouldn't be together yet...because in Superman's mythology, he and Lois don't generally end up together right away, and they certainly don't get married right off the bat. It makes perfect sense that he might have some kind of romance with Wonder Woman.

And it would be entirely possible to have the "will they/won't they" aspect in the Superman comics and films, and still have Superman somewhat romantically interested in Wonder Woman in a Justice League movie, if that's the route they decided to take. My guess is we'd see less romance in a team up film anyway.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #518
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Where's that pic from? The photographer must've pinched a loaf before saying "cheeese". Some serious talent and charisma in that room.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #519
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

It's from the Hollywood Reporter's Actresses Roundtable this year. You can see the full hour-long interview here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/vid...terview-391620

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 11-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #520
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Edit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers

Last edited by Kal-El.9859; 11-22-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #521
Project862006
Banned User

kind of random but i was watching some reruns of charmed and lo and behold i see amy adams lol

Old 11-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #522
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
kind of random but i was watching some reruns of charmed and lo and behold i see amy adams lol
Damn, Buffy, Smallville, now Charmed. She was really making the rounds on the WB shows back in the day, lol.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #523
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yes she was a working up and coming actress, nothing strange about that.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #524
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

I feel like these actors just take a month or so, make a trip up to Canada and guest-star on as many of the Vancouver shows as they can get onto during their visit. They never seem to show up on just one.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #525
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
I'm doubtful whether the romance will even be a prevalent feature in this film given who wrote it. It will probably take a backseat to the more important stuff.
If the Lois/Clark/Superman relationship takes a back seat then i will not be watching any future films in the movies. I'll still watch them on Netflix, but Lois Lane and her relationship with Superman/Clark is one of the reasons I became a fan of the character. If DC/WB is so willing to dismiss that then don't need my fandom.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Closed Thread