The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: When will the fans turn on TDK Trilogy in Mass?
When a reboot or JL film is announced 32 39.51%
When we get a poster/stills of the reboot/JL film 11 13.58%
The new Trailer(s) 20 24.69%
Week of Release 18 22.22%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #201
batfreakforever
A real fan

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Dont care if fans turn on the nolan. Nolan wont give two hoots as well. Then again nothing is ever good enough for todays generation. There was Batman films around before us and will be long after. Plus what a stupid question. The fans were turning on nolan before Rises was released.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #202
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Their was backlash on hear the day of the release.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #203
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

When will the fans turn on TDK Trilogy in Mass?

I refuse to take part in such a biased poll, It is an insult not only to film makers but to fan community as well.

I still like Burton's Batman(1989) movie and some parts of Batman Returns.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 11-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #204
batfreakforever
A real fan

My dad loves the 60's batman the most because he grew up with it. I grew up with burton/shumachers batman. But as an adult, nolans trilogy is a batman trilogy I can truly enjoy as an adult. I will always enjoy the older batfilms, but nolan just gave me something I didnt expect after batman and robin.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #205
batfreakforever
A real fan

The movies stay the same but the people themselves change.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #206
Ant-LOX
Bathman

^That.

I grew up on reruns of the TV show. I respect all the different adaptions of the series on screen, the one thing I never have gotten into were the comics.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #207
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

If a community turns on films it doesn't concern me and I don't know why it should. People are entitled to hold views. Really only concern yourself with what you can control.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #208
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I think anyone who says they love the films then change there mind as soon as a whiff of something new appears aren't really "fans" at all. To say that the new stuff is better is fine. To say this new stuff is great and the old stuff was never REALLY that good is not the mindset of a fan. But it will probably happen like it did with spiderman.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #209
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
^That.

I grew up on reruns of the TV show. I respect all the different adaptions of the series on screen, the one thing I never have gotten into were the comics.
I remember telling my dad about how much I loved burtons films when I was little. Then one day he said you aint seen nothing yet and showed me the 60's show and I loved it. Still do. Love all versions of batman. Some I will watch more than others but I respect them all because they came out in a different time and place in history.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #210
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I believe Nolan's trilogy will continue to be immensely respected, no matter what.

And let's be honest, WB's track record of their non-Nolan recent superhero movies hasn't exactly been stellar. By the time they get another good team for Batman, Nolan's movies might be safe thanks to nostalgia.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #211
batfreakforever
A real fan

Comic book fans have seen most of what a character has to offer, looks, stoylines, themes etc but the general movie population have'nt. They have never seen a batman get his back broken or someone else become batman or the story done as a crime story or a tank like batmobile or a batman past his prime so its all new to them but the movie makers also have to try and give the comic fans something new at the same time. Thats what I think nolan did.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #212
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Comic book fans have seen most of what a character has to offer, looks, stoylines, themes etc but the general movie population have'nt. They have never seen a batman get his back broken or someone else become batman or the story done as a crime story or a tank like batmobile or a batman past his prime so its all new to them but the movie makers also have to try and give the comic fans something new at the same time. Thats what I think nolan did.
Er, Batman's never had his back broken nor all that other stuff in any live action movies either.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #213
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Er, Batman's never had his back broken nor all that other stuff in any live action movies either.
what??? I think you missed the last 3 movies.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #214
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
what??? I think you missed the last 3 movies.
I mean aside from the Nolan trilogy. You were saying that it was new for the general public, but it was new for everybody.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #215
marvelman2006
Banned User

Where is all this hate coming from on TDKR? I thought the movie was great and a perfect way to end the trilogy. Its the same tone and action level of TDK and easily a tie for the best in the series. I dont know what people were really expecting given the way TDK set it up bck in 08. Its almost like TDKR is the hangover the morning after from TDK and the people hungover are ticked about how the next day is going from what happened the night before.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #216
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

I don't think a majority of people will turn against it. Just the vocal majority that roams the internet, trolling website after website. Some people like things simply because they are new. Some people genuinely never liked them much in the first place and some actually feel many reboots are improvements.
I for one, find First Class and TASM massive improvements over the first films. Not because they are new and shiny, but because they both have a better grasp on the world they are adapting. Raimi's films aren't that good imo. Reading the comics are what changed my mind, not seeing Webbs reboot. As I became a bigger fan of the Spidey comics I felt the Raimi films were just way off as far as the characters were concerned. It's not about adapting panel for panel. It's about distilling the essence and tone of the comics and characters. I don't see Peter Parker in Raimi's interpretation of the character. I don't see the strong willed, snarky Peter. I don't see the Peter that actually enjoys being Spider-Man instead of treating it like a curse. I saw a whiny, wimpy, dweeb.
While First Class played it fast and lose with continuity, I felt it did a MUCH better job of establishing a team aspect that Singer never grasped.

That is what's so great about Batman. He has no definitive way of being portrayed. Sure, many fans wanna ignore various incarnations in favor of the ones they prefer, but there is no ONE TRUE Batman. Batman has been campy, serious, everything in between. He's retired and lived a normal life with Selena, he's married before, had a kid, gave up after a death of someone close....These are all things people bash TDKR for. Which is odd, because Nolan (for all 3 films) and incorporated so many facets of the character from so many sources I don't see how anyone can say he isn't faithful. Like I said, it's about distilling the essence of the source.

I'm rambling....back to topic. For me and many others I don't feel there will ever be a truly PERFECT Batman film. I don't see anything coming out soon that will top Nolan though. The only thing I can see maybe bumping his films down from the top is if they incorporate a darker, more stylized comic book look with the emotional and psychological depth of the Nolan films. I don't have any problems with Nolan's real world approach, but I would love if a Bat film came out embracing the style of the comics and recent games.

For now though, I think Nolan gave us a damn near perfect trilogy.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #217
Tequilla
Side-Kick

New is always better to some people. Its a cycle.

Other people always had something against the whole approach Nolan had. Its kinda curious to read some post history , by a couple users here who keep trashing the movie , way before it was released. Its almost personal. Kinda strange that sort of personal disdain way before seeing the movies. After reading that , a whole lot of stuff i've read ended up making sense. Being a noob doesn't help.

Last edited by Tequilla; 12-17-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #218
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
Yup. Deal with it. (Obviously not real life crazy, but crazy to the point that you don't recognize how good the films are)
I like the Nolan Bat Trilogy but they certainly aren't perfect. For example, Bale's Batman voice isn't that great, it's okay but not great. Also the movies lack one important aspect of Batman, his detective skills. In the Nolan films we get ONE scene in Dark Knight where we see him using some detective skills and thats it. And the action scenes in the movies are good but forgettable. Nothing really stands out about them.

I hope the next Batman films have the right balance of realism and fantasy ( example Amazing Spider-Man). I would love to see more classic/ fantasy villians example Mr. Freeze, Posion Ivy, Killer Croc, Clayface, etc. And of course villians like Riddler, and Penguin.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #219
Frodo
Side-Kick

I think you'll have another generation of Batman fans who will praise "their" version of Batman as definative and everything before that as "primative". Much you have a generation of fans of ASM francise who say its better then anything Raimi did, you'll have a new generation who will moan about the Nolan films and so on .

But , that happens as each new generation succeeds the previous. Its really an age issue. Youre seeing it now with the fans of the Hobbit vs fans of Fellowship of the Ring.

Alot of them were too young when the original trilogy came out and now they have their own version of the saga to latch on to , while the older fans tend to prefer Fellowship.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #220
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I like the Nolan Bat Trilogy but they certainly aren't perfect. For example, Bale's Batman voice isn't that great, it's okay but not great. Also the movies lack one important aspect of Batman, his detective skills. In the Nolan films we get ONE scene in Dark Knight where we see him using some detective skills and thats it. And the action scenes in the movies are good but forgettable. Nothing really stands out about them.

I hope the next Batman films have the right balance of realism and fantasy ( example Amazing Spider-Man). I would love to see more classic/ fantasy villians example Mr. Freeze, Posion Ivy, Killer Croc, Clayface, etc. And of course villians like Riddler, and Penguin.
I will take the Nolan approach over the blandness of TASM any day of the week. As for Bale and the action? To each their own. While the voice is not my favorite, I still think Bale is BY FAR the best film Batman we have seen yet and created such a fully realized character that he will be hard to top (though not impossible). I think the truck flip scene and back breakers are classic myself. But that is just opinion at that point.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #221
Ryan
Side-Kick

Although I didn't much care for TDKR, it definately hasn't soured me on the series. BB and TDK are still my favourites super hero movies of all time and despite my feeling and the feelings of others that the last entry was weak, I think the Nolan trilogy will endure.. I'm definately up for something different though. Mind you, it will be extremely jarring at first to see someone else's take on Batman.

Last edited by Ryan; 12-23-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #222
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Honestly, considering how well-received Rises was despite the minority of detractors is proof to me that the trilogy will stand the test of time. It is, after all, the only totally successful superhero to date. We almost had it with Raimi's Spider-Man and Singer's X-Men but the third entry fumbled. Not so with Nolan, he finished strong. And it's even more impressive when you look at just how acclaimed The Dark Knight was. You will regularly see that film on people's top ten lists alongside other genre classics like Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. It shouldn't have been possible to follow that movie but the man did it.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #223
Soundwave88
As you command Megatron.

Personally,

I can see a lot of people forgetting Burton's movies first before Nolan's, I know some people obviously younger then me... That have never seen any of the Burton movies or knew he made two movies....

Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #224
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

how long? have you not noticed ? The so-called "fan-community" ALREADY turned on the Nolan films the minute TDKR got released. It's like this stigma where they don't WANT to acknowledge it as a good film (even though I think as a movie it's pretty badass) and WANT to HATE on it.

Make no mistake, people have already turned on it. Fickle ba*tards.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #225
Frodo
Side-Kick

I think TDK is gonna be the film that most fans agree is the best of the saga, while TDKR is gonna be debated and moaned about by either side like BR has been by the Burton/Schumacer fans.

That said, the next generation of fans who have their own version of Batman films aren't gonna give a damn about the whole TDKR debate because they'll consider their version superior anyway.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote