The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #201
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

I don't know if it's been posted or not.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #202
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

^Whoa!! No, I hadn't seen that. It's great! Thx.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #203
steintym
Stay Frosty

I'm just getting a chance to see all of the new pics. Great stuff, thanks waffles.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #204
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree that Asgard is about to get rocked to its core and possibly even destroyed, and there's a damn good chance that Odin doesn't make it, leaving Thor with the crown.

But I strongly doubt we'll see Vanaheim or Alfheim, or any realms besides Midgard, Asgard, and Svartalfheim, and *possibly* Muspell. Every other realm is completely extraneous to the plot, and would bloat it unnecessarily.

Also, I strongly doubt we'll ever see Malekith teamed up with Kurse. Malekith teamed up with *Algrim,* and used him to fight Thor, but then he viciously betrayed him and left him for dead. *Kurse,* however, will be Malekith's enemy, and will, in fact, kill Malekith in righteous vengeance. That's his entire story according to canon, so I see no reason to deviate from that.
I thought we had gotten confirmation at some point that all 9 realms were suppose to be in the movie, I mean as it is my version of the story still left out several realms but I did my best. Lol

As for Malekith teaming up with Kurse. I know it is not how the comics go, but to show Algrim being betrayed by Malekith and left for dead. Algrim loosing his memory and becoming Kurse (obviously we will not be seeing the Beyonder in this movie), have him return with a powerful vengeance blaming Thor. Have him rebattle Thor. Then to have Kurse reawaken from his dillusion of the events leading to his near death, and then turn and kill Malekith. To me there is just way to much story there for an already jam packed movie, and to go through all of the motions of that story it would take up the majority of the movie. You can't have him battle Thor, nearly be killed, lose his memory, rebattle Thor, regain his memory and kill Malekith in 10 minutes. So, with my version I was trying to capture some of the elements of the comic, but to change it so that it worked within a much shorter time line. I just think the whole loosing memory regaining memory thing would take too long, not to mention I think we only have time for him to battle Thor once if this movie is going to be as busy as I think it is.

Thats how I see it at least.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #205
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I think your right, I don't recall having seen that pic before. Nice find.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #206
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I just thought of this. The picture almost reminds of a teambuilding competition where two people sit down, lock arms with their backs against one another and they attempt to stand up before the other teams of two people can. It just struck me as funny that they might be working together. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #207
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I just thought of this. The picture almost reminds of a teambuilding competition where two people sit down, lock arms with their backs against one another and they attempt to stand up before the other teams of two people can. It just struck me as funny that they might be working together. Lol

Surfer
we haven't seen that pic but we've seen that scene. that's from the video last week where Malaketh punches Thor as he comes in for a hammer strike

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #208
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
we haven't seen that pic but we've seen that scene. that's from the video last week where Malaketh punches Thor as he comes in for a hammer strike
Yeah, I know. I wasn't suggesting it was from a new scene, but still photos sometimes have more detail and can depict things differently then video, hence my comment about it looking like they were doing teambuilding.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #209
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Became one year older over the weekend, so I stopped tracking filming to celebrate. But they're filming today, so I came across some stuff just now.
Quote:
A school friend is doubling for Kat Dennings in the filming of Thor 2 today. That's quite cool.
https://twitter.com/Vespinito
Quote:
Friend spoke to an extra on the set of Thor 2, who was in “the cell next to Loki in the prison scene”.
http://miriamjoyblogs.tumblr.com/
A new set video of the same scene, but I don't think we've seen what happens near the end. Kind of a spoiler, but not really.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And last, some closeups on Malekith. Not my watermark, but I think it's his stunt-double

Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #210
American Maid
Side-Kick

Happy birthday, marvel_freshman!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #211
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@American Maid Thanks

Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #212
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #213
waffles
Side-Kick

Damn! I was just about to post that NP was on set today!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #214
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Became one year older over the weekend, so I stopped tracking filming to celebrate. But they're filming today, so I came across some stuff just now.

A new set video of the same scene, but I don't think we've seen what happens near the end. Kind of a spoiler, but not really.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And last, some closeups on Malekith. Not my watermark, but I think it's his stunt-double

Happy Birthday marvel_freshman. I hope it was a nice one for you. For me that means lots of cake. Lol

Nice close up pics, you can really see some of the damage on that one side of his face. Nice!

The video I actually posted a few pages back while you were gone, but it's good you reposted it because I am not sure anyone saw it as it quickly got buried in the thread behind waffles personal set photos. Some of them are very nice and you should check them out in the previous pages if you have not already done so.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #215
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@waffles My bad, are going to the set today?

Didn't get a chance to say earlier, but you took some great location pics. I was waiting for someone to finally snap Selvig's trailer because there were only a few people saying they saw it on Twitter, but no pics.

@Surfer Thanks a bunch! Sadly I only had one piece and it's already gone...why I'm against B-Day parties.

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 11-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #216
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree that Asgard is about to get rocked to its core and possibly even destroyed, and there's a damn good chance that Odin doesn't make it, leaving Thor with the crown.

But I strongly doubt we'll see Vanaheim or Alfheim, or any realms besides Midgard, Asgard, and Svartalfheim, and *possibly* Muspell. Every other realm is completely extraneous to the plot, and would bloat it unnecessarily.

Also, I strongly doubt we'll ever see Malekith teamed up with Kurse. Malekith teamed up with *Algrim,* and used him to fight Thor, but then he viciously betrayed him and left him for dead. *Kurse,* however, will be Malekith's enemy, and will, in fact, kill Malekith in righteous vengeance. That's his entire story according to canon, so I see no reason to deviate from that.
regarding kurse, exactly. I was saying this prior in another thread, that's Kurse's story, and his entire character arc. Coming full circle and ending up killing Malekiith. Some people thought it would be thor vs kurse, and malekith vs loki, but Kurse is in this movie. He is there, his character needs..well character. its part of his character arc, killing malekith, so it's expected to happen.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #217
Surfer

Quote:
Awesome, we got Jane. It makes me wonder how they will incorporate her being there though. I mean does Thor come to earth to visit her and all hell breaks loose and it just happens to be where she is at. or does Jane discover a disturbance in the atmosphere similar to Thor and go trying to locate it only to find that a portal is being created by Malekith. or does Malekith seek Jane out for some reason (her knowledge, her connection to Thor)? It just seems baffling to me why Jane Foster would just so happen to be in the exact same place as Malekith when he decides to invade earth. I know they want to reunite Thor and her at least for a little while if even to give closure to their romance, but I just hope it doesn't feel forced.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #218
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

[

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in that video, at 1:00 when malekith stumbles back, and there is a flash of light, is that thor summoning lightning? Without raising his hammer to do so!!!!???? I know thor was just standing there, but I assume chris was just standing out of the camera frame. Still, a scene with malekith getting struck by lightning would suggest that thor can indeed, summon lightning without using the hammer to shoot it!!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #219
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Awesome, we got Jane. It makes me wonder how they will incorporate her being there though. I mean does Thor come to earth to visit her and all hell breaks loose and it just happens to be where she is at. or does Jane discover a disturbance in the atmosphere similar to Thor and go trying to locate it only to find that a portal is being created by Malekith. or does Malekith seek Jane out for some reason (her knowledge, her connection to Thor)? It just seems baffling to me why Jane Foster would just so happen to be in the exact same place as Malekith when he decides to invade earth. I know they want to reunite Thor and her at least for a little while if even to give closure to their romance, but I just hope it doesn't feel forced.

Surfer
You're right--in the absence of additional information, it looks like too cute and tidy of a coincidence. It would be annoying to have something like that. Your idea of Jane chasing down another anomaly makes a lot of sense.

Now, if this scene is near the end of the movie, we have from the spoilers some idea that Thor and Jane are already reunited and have been traveling around. So this could be at the end of that.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #220
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Found another, looks like her scenes may involve the double-decker.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #221
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
regarding kurse, exactly. I was saying this prior in another thread, that's Kurse's story, and his entire character arc. Coming full circle and ending up killing Malekiith. Some people thought it would be thor vs kurse, and malekith vs loki, but Kurse is in this movie. He is there, his character needs..well character. its part of his character arc, killing malekith, so it's expected to happen.
I don't want to disagree with you, because in reality I am all for keeping the characters with their origins in tact. However, there already appears to be a lot going on in this movie and I don't see how they will be able to get that kind of story arc and all it entails with the amount of time they will have available in this movie to work with everything else going on. Personally, I hope I am wrong and that they can stick to the origin and that it is done well, works with the movie and that it doesn't feel forced, but I just don't see it happening.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #222
Surfer

Quote:
Found another, looks like her scenes may involve the double-decker.
So maybe she has a scene with Stan the Man who has been rumored as the bus driver, but I guess we will see.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #223
Surfer

Quote:
@waffles My bad, are going to the set today?

Didn't get a chance to say earlier, but you took some great location pics. I was waiting for someone to finally snap Selvig's trailer because there were only a few people saying they saw it on Twitter, but no pics.

@Surfer Thanks a bunch! Sadly I only had one piece and it's already gone...why I'm against B-Day parties.
Thats why I say to people at my parties, my cake looks great, so what are you guys having. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #224
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't want to disagree with you, because in reality I am all for keeping the characters with their origins in tact. However, there already appears to be a lot going on in this movie and I don't see how they will be able to get that kind of story arc and all it entails with the amount of time they will have available in this movie to work with everything else going on. Personally, I hope I am wrong and that they can stick to the origin and that it is done well, works with the movie and that it doesn't feel forced, but I just don't see it happening.

Surfer
I agree with you that movies need to keep the story simple and the number of characters parsimonious. I would like to note that the stories that came out at the time the casting of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje said that he would play both Algrim and Kurse. That implies that he will be transformed. Likely it would be an entity like Surtur that will be referenced in the film anyway, and may appear (rather than introducing an otherwise unneeded character like the Beyonder). And likely they won't have as much about Kurse charging around trying to get at whomever he holds responsible for what happened to him. So maybe he won't get amnesia. But it seems that the transformation part of his arc is more likely to be shown.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #225
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thats why I say to people at my parties, my cake looks great, so what are you guys having. Lol

Surfer
I'll definitely be using that next year!