The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #401
Dcknight
Je Me Souviens

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=cIkEPR-0JssNot so TDKR related, but this is a trailer I made for The Dark Knight, hope you guys enjoy it!

Jim Morrison
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #402
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I saw all 3 movies this weekend , and i felt a little sad knowing i wont be seeing Batman movies as good as these ones (or an adaption similar to my tastes). Maybe in 20 years Mr. Nolan will throw us a bone. Im not even talking about the colossal achievement from a filmmaking point of view. They are extraordinaire movies , that match really well , with a very clear progression , but they're also different beasts. Want i really enjoy is the sense of wonder i feel seeing them , a wonder i had since being a little child flipping my bro's comics even before I knew to read .A wonder i had watching Returns in a movie theater.

So , the little child inside me knows he will always have this trilogy to rewatch , but at the same time i probably wont be seeing anything remotely close to the quality of these projects. And that's sad (even more considering studios are back to the typical fluff superhero stories , and batman wont be able to escape that)

Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #403
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Yeah I'm glad I have this trilogy. I can look back at it as my childhood films. Begins came out when I was about 9 or 10 and TDK when I was 12. Never have I seen a trilogy of films that have had such an impact on me.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #404
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It seems that he bailed inside Gotham limits and kept The Bat flying out to sea.
I agree. He probably blew part of the building away, set the thing to full speed and then bailed. I think it makes sense that way - he's the furtherest he can possibly be from the blast radius and there's no 'how did he get back to Gotham, did he swim?' angle.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #405
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
Yeah I'm glad I have this trilogy. I can look back at it as my childhood films. Begins came out when I was about 9 or 10 and TDK when I was 12. Never have I seen a trilogy of films that have had such an impact on me.
I was 9 in Returns

It took me a little longer to see the Batman i dreamt

Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #406
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Exactly the same.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #407
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I agree. He probably blew part of the building away, set the thing to full speed and then bailed. I think it makes sense that way - he's the furtherest he can possibly be from the blast radius and there's no 'how did he get back to Gotham, did he swim?' angle.
I would have loved to cut to a flashback when we see Alfred nodding to Bruce at the cafe that showed Bruce flying away with the bomb setting it to fast and see him jump on the bridge THEN have the long bridge shot of Batman looking over Gotham.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #408
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
I dont think that woman was Talia in the stock exchange. The guy was checking the girls ass , and Nolan kinda wanted to show why
Agreed. the woman at the Stock Exchange is not Miranda Tate.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #409
Ant-LOX
Bathman

I was 6 when I seen Returns in the theater, it's still magic. The Blu ray peeled back a bit of the layers of fantasy though. The blatant makeup and a few matte paintings and animated drawings have not aged well, but it's still awesome.

This Trilogy is perfect in so many ways, I am not sad that I won't get films of the same caliber, I'll just enjoy it.

But I enjoy anything with Batman on it, I even like the serials from the olden days.

--

I do think Batman left the batpod in that explosion. He could have cleared that building, but instead shot a nice hole so he could land inside.

Then he autopiloted the pod out to sea.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #410
batfreakforever
A real fan

We all know that The Joker is Batman's ultimate villian in the comics but in this movie series is Ra's the ultimate villian because of the overall storyline or is it still The Joker because of what he did to Bruce/Batman in The dark knight ie: kill his girl, turning Dent, you know we all seen the movie?

Old 11-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #411
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

In my opinion, it is still the Joker. It is almost explicitly stated (by him) in The Dark Knight. The consequences of his acts are felt through Rises. This trilogy had a a great set of supervillians: The Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, The Joker, Two-Face, Bane, Talia Al Ghul, and I'm gonna count Catwoman in here too for good measure. From the eldest characters on comics to the newest ones, they were very nice choices.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #412
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

When I look at the effect of the villains on Bruce in the trilogy, the one who had the worst effect on Bruce's life is the Joker.

Bane did break Batman's back and toss him in a pit for months. But the Joker killed his childhood best friend and woman he loved. He destroyed Harvey Dent (his ace in the hole), thereby forcing Batman to take the fall for Dent's crimes in order to save Gotham. These combined acts of evil turned Bruce into a miserable recluse for 8 years, who gave up on life, and made Batman into a hated, hunted figure.

The Joker's evil had a much greater and longer lasting effect and impact on both Bruce and Batman.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #413
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Indeed. If there are two things I want to show my kids(if/when I have any), it's going to be The Dark Knight Trilogy and Wu-Tang Clan.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #414
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Indeed. If there are two things I want to show my kids(if/when I have any), it's going to be The Dark Knight Trilogy and Wu-Tang Clan.
If they find the trilogy boring... make sure to get a paternity test.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #415
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
From the Catwoman featurette

My guess is that here Catwoman is bailing out after Bane breaks Batman, fearing for her life

Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #416
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

HAhahah suuuuuu. Awesome. Youre my new fav poster.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #417
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
I saw all 3 movies this weekend , and i felt a little sad knowing i wont be seeing Batman movies as good as these ones (or an adaption similar to my tastes). Maybe in 20 years Mr. Nolan will throw us a bone. Im not even talking about the colossal achievement from a filmmaking point of view. They are extraordinaire movies , that match really well , with a very clear progression , but they're also different beasts. Want i really enjoy is the sense of wonder i feel seeing them , a wonder i had since being a little child flipping my bro's comics even before I knew to read .A wonder i had watching Returns in a movie theater.
I agree with this sentiment. These are movies that get better and better the more you watch. I also how each movie is part of a big story and the themes, concepts and music interconnect but they are also unique each in their own ways. The complexity of the story telling the epicness of the saga, the music, etc. This trillogy goes down as a classic no doubt.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #418
MessenjahMatt

The more I watch this movie, the awesomer it gets, and the more Batman's "No, I came back to stop you" makes me cringe. Him just standing there, in full frame, in broad daylight, does look goofy as hell. Would've been badass if he never broke stride, and responded with something like "I didn't come here to talk!" *punch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
My guess is that here Catwoman is bailing out after Bane breaks Batman, fearing for her life
That would be a slow getaway Most likely just a photoshoot at that location.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #419
Reek
Pork Sausage

i wanted Batman, never breaking stride, to say 'i came back to break you' and just go nuts.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #420
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
If they find the trilogy boring... make sure to get a paternity test.
I will remember this.

Or if they end up liking Spider-Man 3 or Avatar

Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #421
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt View Post
The more I watch this movie, the awesomer it gets
I agree. Same thing happened to me with TASM. Knowing what the scenes are, getting a feel of the movie and its flow helps a lot.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #422
Anno_Domini
Banned User

TAS-M has been the only CBM film that worsens after every view. TDKR, Avengers, Dredd, I keep enjoying them more and more. It's not the same with TAS-M. And only saw Men in Black 3 once and never saw Ghost Rider: SoV.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #423
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I think every Nolan movie is like that though... It's like he rewards you for taking multiple viewings.

TDKR was a weird one in particular. It felt a little disjointed on the first viewing, yet on the second... it just *clicked*.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #424
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
When I look at the effect of the villains on Bruce in the trilogy, the one who had the worst effect on Bruce's life is the Joker.

Bane did break Batman's back and toss him in a pit for months. But the Joker killed his childhood best friend and woman he loved. He destroyed Harvey Dent (his ace in the hole), thereby forcing Batman to take the fall for Dent's crimes in order to save Gotham. These combined acts of evil turned Bruce into a miserable recluse for 8 years, who gave up on life, and made Batman into a hated, hunted figure.

The Joker's evil had a much greater and longer lasting effect and impact on both Bruce and Batman.
Agreed, Joker definitely affected him the most. He challenged his code, he took his great love, and he most of all made Batman turn on everything he believed in by using a lie to provide a temporary sham of a fix for his city instead of the true change he'd hoped to instill. Joker really did win after TDK.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #425
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

My point of view is different. The Joker did not win, because Batman decided to put the blame of Two-Face murders, keeping the criminals in jail and Gotham's soul at peace. But that doesn't mean Batman came up literally triumphant either. It was a sacrifice, it didn't matter what happened to him if that meant keeping Gotham safe. He won by losing, if that makes sense.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Closed Thread