The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #251
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

New Interview with Anthony Hopkins:

“I do my last shot Friday,” Anthony Hopkins told MTV News. “I had a great time working with Chris Hemsworth and Rene Russo. Chris is mostly who I'm working with; he's a wonderful actor, great new star, Natalie Portman [too]. I'm having a ball! It's great working with young people. I haven't been in the film that much, I've only done isolated scene with Chris...Christopher Eccleston plays Malekith very good! We've had one encounter. I have to be careful where I step [on-set] because I lose all dimension. So I have to watch where I walk. The movie sets can be dangerous.”

Source:http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/11/19...he-dark-world/

(First brought to you from/by Marvel Freshman)

Edit: Oops, I had posted this not long after MF did over here. My bad.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #252
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Also, brief set vid with Hemsworth and Portman (running)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #253
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Also, brief set vid with Hemsworth and Portman (running)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Maybe the bus is going to leave without them. Lol

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #254
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Maybe the bus is going to leave without them. Lol

Surfer
LOL Stan Lee!!! Wait up!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #255
Surfer

Quote:
Anthony Hopkins mentions having one encounter with Chris Eccleston and says Malkith is very good. Does this suggest that Odin might have some involvement or also battle Malekith. Probably not, but just thought I would throw it out there.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #256
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
LOL Stan Lee!!! Wait up!!!
Well he is kind of elderly you know, so he is probably just taking off without them. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #257
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anthony Hopkins mentions having one encounter with Chris Eccleston and says Malkith is very good. Does this suggest that Odin might have some involvement or also battle Malekith. Probably not, but just thought I would throw it out there.

Surfer
My idea, since Adewale tweeted about having a scene with Renee and Anthony a few weeks ago, has been that maybe we'll have some kind of flashback scene showing how Malekith got messed up on that one side.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #258
Surfer

Quote:
My idea, since Adewale tweeted about having a scene with Renee and Anthony a few weeks ago, has been that maybe we'll have some kind of flashback scene showing how Malekith got messed up on that one side.
Awesome idea elizah72, however then again it could look too similar to the flashback that showed how Odin lost his eye in the first film. So, not sure.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #259
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Awesome idea elizah72, however then again it could look too similar to the flashback that showed how Odin lost his eye in the first film. So, not sure.

Surfer
True but I still want to see at least one Teen Thor/Teen Loki flashback, where Thor was trying out his new lightning powers, to poor Malekith's chagrin. LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #260
Surfer

Quote:
True but I still want to see at least one Teen Thor/Teen Loki flashback, where Thor was trying out his new lightning powers, to poor Malekith's chagrin. LOL
Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #261
elizah72
Side-Kick

Is the picture of the red guy here new? Kurse maybe?

http://www.mania.com/2nd-villain-for...le_134715.html

Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #262
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Indeed, was hoping someone else or another site could confirm him being "Superior" over the other elves. I thought it was Malekith initially

Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #263
Surfer

Quote:
Indeed, was hoping someone else or another site could confirm him being "Superior" over the other elves. I thought it was Malekith initially
I could understand you mistaking that image for Malekith, since that one video showed Malekith in a similar color red, but it just turned out to be a lighting effect. Darn, I feel like this image is teasing me now, need a better photo. Starts scouring web. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #264
Nimloth
Newbie First Class

I think it's from the video someone posted before with malekith in red light from that fake "sun" or portal, or whatever that was.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #265
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Cold blooded mass murderer would be our impression of him (as Humans) for sure, but what of the people of Asgard. Loki described people as Ants, so why should he be concerned with crushing a few Ants, and suppose that feeling is mirrored throughout Asgard that people are below them (with the exception of Thor). We as a society kill animals all the time and most would not consider themselves to be murderer's. Also, you must consider this. Loki, only really seeks approval and redemption from Odin, and most parents will forgive their kids before somebody else would.

Just food for thought.

Surfer

This question constantly comes up, but I think the answer can be drawn from the behavior of the Asgardians in the past. Loki equated human beings with ants, but he would be considered a sociopath by any measure. He doesn't value any life but his own, as witnessed by the fact that he betrayed Asgard to Jotunheim, then turned around and attempted genocide against the Jotuns (his own species) before invading Earth and killing thousands. In Loki's mind even other Asgardians (including his own brother) are lesser beings whose lives he can take at will, so his opinion of humans can be seen as in line with his attitude towards all life.

The prologue to Thor made it clear that Asgardians hold human life in much higher regard than Loki does. Odin led an army to Earth in a bid to stop Laufey and the Frost Giants from laying waste to the planet. As Odin explained it, Asgard was the ally of humanity at that time. Asgard's army did not have to come to Earth's rescue, and surely if they had as little regard for humans as Loki does, they wouldn't have bothered to intervene unless Jotun threatened Asgard directly.

While I am sure that Odin will want to find reason to pardon Loki's actions, if he does so for any other reason than dire need he'll prove himself a fool. Thor is already pretty far down that path himself.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #266
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimloth View Post
I think it's from the video someone posted before with malekith in red light from that fake "sun" or portal, or whatever that was.
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Hype!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #267
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

That's interesting. I have no idea if that's Kurse, Malekith or someone else. Whoever it is, he looks huge. Is it a man in a suit or a sculpt?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #268
elizah72
Side-Kick

Ah, I found it finally! this picture is from last week, I dont think you posted this yet. looks like 2 of them ( 1 could be stunt double I suppose)

source: http://expederest.tumblr.com/ Posted Nov. 14

Okay so maybe just some funny lighting but I remembered they looks sort of red. Not looking the same as the other guy though.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #269
Nimloth
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Hype!
Thank you, American Maid!
I've been reading the discussion for a while and it's just such a fun to speculate that I decided to join.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #270
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thank you, American Maid!
I've been reading the discussion for a while and it's just such a fun to speculate that I decided to join.
Great! We're looking forward to reading your ideas.

Who else would like to join us??

Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #271
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This question constantly comes up, but I think the answer can be drawn from the behavior of the Asgardians in the past. Loki equated human beings with ants, but he would be considered a sociopath by any measure. He doesn't value any life but his own, as witnessed by the fact that he betrayed Asgard to Jotunheim, then turned around and attempted genocide against the Jotuns (his own species) before invading Earth and killing thousands. In Loki's mind even other Asgardians (including his own brother) are lesser beings whose lives he can take at will, so his opinion of humans can be seen as in line with his attitude towards all life.

The prologue to Thor made it clear that Asgardians hold human life in much higher regard than Loki does. Odin led an army to Earth in a bid to stop Laufey and the Frost Giants from laying waste to the planet. As Odin explained it, Asgard was the ally of humanity at that time. Asgard's army did not have to come to Earth's rescue, and surely if they had as little regard for humans as Loki does, they wouldn't have bothered to intervene unless Jotun threatened Asgard directly.

While I am sure that Odin will want to find reason to pardon Loki's actions, if he does so for any other reason than dire need he'll prove himself a fool. Thor is already pretty far down that path himself.
After reviewing your comments I feel your argument is sound and it has convinced me that your correct on the subject. However, much of what we see and hear in a film can be interpreted in multiple ways (which is the reason there are so many wars fought over the Bible). Therefore, if Odin does end up forgiving Loki of his prior sins against his family, Asgardians and just plain all of humanity, I wouldn't necessarily find it to be unwatchable as you have made it sound.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #272
Surfer

Quote:
Nimloth, welcome to the Hype and glad you decided to join us.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #273
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Great! We're looking forward to reading your ideas.

Who else would like to join us??

I'll join, wait I'm already here.

Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #274
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Nice, Anthony rocks as Odin.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #275
Surfer

Quote:
Ah, I found it finally! this picture is from last week, I dont think you posted this yet. looks like 2 of them ( 1 could be stunt double I suppose)

source: http://expederest.tumblr.com/ Posted Nov. 14

Okay so maybe just some funny lighting but I remembered they looks sort of red. Not looking the same as the other guy though.
Well I think this one is of Malekith and the Malekith stunt double with the red lighting effect, but I could be wrong.

Surfer

Closed Thread