The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you know someone who is unemployed, under-employed, or someone who has given up?
Yes 35 94.59%
No 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #701
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
All that means is that he was extremely careful in wording his threat, knowing full well the consequences should he be so blatant.
Well, I don't know his motives, and that is what has to be proven. You are probably right, but that doesn't win law suits in a civil court.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #702
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,851
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Oh, I agree, what he tweeted was uncalled for, and could very well have basis for a law suit. But those types of suits are HARD to win.
Maybe hard, but not entirely impossible. It has been done before.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #703
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Maybe hard, but not entirely impossible. It has been done before.
Well no, if you have the right lawyer, they have the wrong lawyer (which I have a feeling that would not be the problem, $$$$$ gets good lawyers) and you have the right judge. Something from a tweet....hmmmm....not much precedence there.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #704
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

what's the actual wording of the tweet again?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #705
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
what's the actual wording of the tweet again?
the one that we are talking about is this one....

Quote:
And more jobs gone. @DRUDGE_REPORT: Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees... drudge.tw/SEtcXK
For some reason I have a feeling this is bogus, but it does bring up a good discussion on could this business owner be sued....

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #706
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Well, the business owner's obvious argument is going to be "I meant that, because Obama won, I'm going to have to fire 22 employees because his health plan will stay in place."

And, honestly, I can believe that's what he meant. That's what I first thought it meant when I read it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #707
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well, the business owner's obvious argument is going to be "I meant that, because Obama won, I'm going to have to fire 22 employees because his health plan will stay in place."

And, honestly, I can believe that's what he meant. That's what I first thought it meant when I read it.

Yep, and it would be on the plaintiffs side to prove what exactly his meaning was...all he would have to say is....no it wasn't, he doesn't have to prove anything.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #708
SentinelMind
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North FL
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

How dare the CEO respond to current events! Hail the Obama!

SentinelMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #709
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,306
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

After Obama reelection, Murray Energy CEO reads prayer, announces layoffs
Quote:
On Wednesday, Murray also laid off 54 people at American Coal, one of his subsidiary companies, and 102 at Utah American Energy

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #710
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
 
Excel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Places
Posts: 19,559
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

What an *******.

__________________
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place, Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #711
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,306
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

The cheapest options goes: reduce hours to part-time for most full time workers, firing people, pay the $3000 fine.... all before you hit the pay for insurance.

You voted for it, you own it. You guys are going to love the Obamacare layoffs. Should have read the fine print.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #712
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
The cheapest options goes: reduce hours to part-time for most full time workers, firing people, pay the $3000 fine.... all before you hit the pay for insurance.

You voted for it, you own it. You guys are going to love the Obamacare layoffs. Should have read the fine print.

Well, I guess I will only put in for part time then.

Still proud I voted for Johnson though.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #713
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

The larger companies are going to begin their lay offs probably immediately, they will lay off to an amount that they feel can work efficiently, and effectively and to an amount that they can either handle the fine, tax, whatever the hell you want to call it, or the amount they can afford the insurance. The rest people can hopefully will be changed to part time....

This was a consequence that the Romney campaign should have hammered home to people (but they missed that opportunity along with others), because quite frankly it will become a reality....EXCEPT FOR THOSE COMPANIES THAT GOT THE WAIVER BECAUSE THEY ARE UNION.

So, here it comes ladies and gentlemen.....one more reason why I am thankful for my job, and just waiting for my insurance to change, hope for the same at the least.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #714
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,089
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
What an *******.
Reality sucks doesn't it....better run to a state where the unions got the waiver.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #715
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

So, with Hostess closing down, that's nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #716
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,161
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
So, with Hostess closing down, that's nearly 18,500 workers losing their jobs.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Well, here's to other companies and store brands making knock offs...

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #717
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Hostess will auction off their brands, so it'll just be Little Debbie's Twinkies, or something else.

Of course, it seems a strike brought this on. So I wonder if this will suddenly cause the strike to stop, and negotiations to begin, or if Hostess was so close o failing already this pushed them over the line.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #718
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,809
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Our company brought in an HR person right after the election started hammering home on anti-union drum.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #719
Arc-Light
Forward and beyond
 
Arc-Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside your mind
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Gee i wonder how much money these rich CEO's would save if they took a 1-5% pay-cut or maybe sold their 2nd house in France.....isn't greed awesome....

__________________
Huh.....What....
Arc-Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #720
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Maybe shareholders shouldn't be giving these CEOs huge paychecks and golden parachutes.

But mostly, maybe the people should start throwing their weight around and reminding companies who're actually in charge.

As long as people keep being lazy, the CEOs and whoever else will keep getting away with whatever they can. It's a game of checks and balances, and we're not doing a great job of it on our end.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #721
Mack82
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Yes i know many unemployed person i don't know whats the exact reason of unemployment but i think Corporations going bankrupt ,High gas prices ,High taxes ,No tax breaks for small businesses ,Low amount of people investing ,High population are the main reason for unemployment or under employment???
HR Recruitment Toolkits


Last edited by Mack82; 11-21-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Mack82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #722
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Well...in another month it finally comes. My wife will no longer be able to get unemployment checks. She ran the limit of the unemployment benefits. Job hunted every week, all she's been able to find is part time contract work. Come January she won't have much hours and no more unemployment. Gonna be rough...

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #723
Holiday
'Bout that action
 
Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,918
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Well...in another month it finally comes. My wife will no longer be able to get unemployment checks. She ran the limit of the unemployment benefits. Job hunted every week, all she's been able to find is part time contract work. Come January she won't have much hours and no more unemployment. Gonna be rough...
So she may have to take a job she doesn't like because it doesn't enough and/or she feels it's beneath her. Something like fast food or working in a grocery store. Big deal. That would be better than sitting on her ass for months.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #724
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: The Unemployment Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
So she may have to take a job she doesn't like because it doesn't enough and/or she feels it's beneath her. Something like fast food or working in a grocery store. Big deal. That would be better than sitting on her ass for months.
Tried that. And she can only drive so far, otherwise the pay to gas ratio just doesn't make it worth it (and we live in an area without public transportation)

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #725
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Lightbulb Re: The Unemployment Situation II

UPDATE: DECEMBER JOBS REPORT POINTS TO "STEADY" JOBS AND UNEMPLOYMENT
http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/04/news...html?hpt=hp_t1

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.