The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #926
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

The script is real. Thankfully there's enough time to rewrite it.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #927
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Did they mentioned that theres gonna be rewrites? I heard that it was delayed for the effects and the 30th anniversary

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #928
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

If the script has already leaked way before preproduction, then yeah, I think they have no choice but HAVE to rewrite, if not heavily tweak the script. Too many people already know the ENTIRE plot...and how bad it really is.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #929
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

i can't believe someone passed that script on to be green lighted

Better Call Saul
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #930
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Plus with Paramount asking the script to be removed, it's pretty clear it was a real script.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #931
MrGreen
Side-Kick

I have read the script and wow, it sucks.
I know that Bay didn't wrote it or that he isn't directing but it has a lot, and I mean A LOT of Bay in it.
I really REALLY hope they are rewriting it COMPLETELY and not just details.
I didn't know that producers had a lot of influence in the making of movies. If Nolan has the same amount that Bay was given with MOS I'm confident about that film.

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #932
bullets
bang bang

That had Michael Bay written all over it.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #933
Octoberist
point blank

The script does suck (obviously) but my main beef with Bay is - with all of the silly changes - once again he makes the humans the main characters while sidelining the 'title' characters. Like in Transformers.

It's so weird to think that, if this script was made into the final film, that the 1990s TMNT films had more balls because they were not afraid to display the Turtles as the leads.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #934
dark_b
Side-Kick

anyone watched the new TMNT cartoon? in the first ep the turtles never saw real human food. so when they for the first time go out they discover the pizza. i think it was very funny.

something like that could be in the movie where they find their first piizza and try it out.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #935
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
anyone watched the new TMNT cartoon? in the first ep the turtles never saw real human food. so when they for the first time go out they discover the pizza. i think it was very funny.

something like that could be in the movie where they find their first piizza and try it out.
It's frustrating to see the cartoon reboot the turtles better then the script for this movie.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #936
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post
It's frustrating to see the cartoon reboot the turtles better then the script for this movie.
Agreed.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #937
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

So has this film finally stalled? No news since this leak of the script. I gotta say, I really hope it's been stalled indefinitely, and hopefully the studio will focus more on finding good writers, producers and director and boot Bay completely off the project. As much as I really like the 90s film, I would love to see this franchise rebooted, maybe even go a darker route and stay almost completely true to the original comic book series.

Yeah, maybe even this dark...

Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #938
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
So has this film finally stalled? No news since this leak of the script. I gotta say, I really hope it's been stalled indefinitely, and hopefully the studio will focus more on finding good writers, producers and director and boot Bay completely off the project. As much as I really like the 90s film, I would love to see this franchise rebooted, maybe even go a darker route and stay almost completely true to the original comic book series.

Yes, yes, and YES !!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #939
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

screw Bay and his band of idiotic cohorts! i say we just get the writers from the Nickelodeon TMNT series to write the screenplay for the film. they get the characters!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #940
The Bruce
The First and Best

So what's the deal with the new movie?
I'm 31 and was actually entertained by the new Nick Turtles...(It has a little more cheese than the original 80's thing - Could be nostalgia talking) but they really get the bros. And I hear it's a success.

They need to make an amazing Ninja Turtles movie for the new generation and old rats like me.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #941
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

So, I was on IMDb and just checked out the film's profile and saw this cast list. I don't believe it, but it's interesting...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/

Sean Astin ... Raphael (voice)

Jason Marsden ... Donatello (voice)

George Takei ... Splinter (voice)

John Kassir ... Krang (voice)

Josh Keaton ... Michaelangelo (voice)

James Arnold Taylor ... Leonardo (voice)

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #942
DrDoom
Dictator

Sean Astin voices Raph in the new cartoon

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #943
Victarion
Cut

How did Shredder--or Schraeder--look in the script? I only read the dialogue. Seems the Foot was a division of the army. Were they a ninja division in Foot Clan attire, or normal military fatigues?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #944
sweetre15
Positive Page

Looks at these interviews with Eastman about the movie......

http://www.examiner.com/article/kevi...comic-con-nola

http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainm...179664711.html

Eastman is STILL playing Cheerleader with this film?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #945
ShredderX
Side-Kick

That's because Eastman seems to like everything. Even god-awful next mutatation's Venus De Milo.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #946
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
That's because Eastman seems to like everything. Even god-awful next mutatation's Venus De Milo.
If there's one reason I miss Peter Laird being involved, it's definitely because of stuff like this...Those two need each other IMO.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #947
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
If there's one reason I miss Peter Laird being involved, it's definitely because of stuff like this...Those two need each other IMO.
EXACTLY !!!!! Laird by himself is just as bad as Eastman. Vol. 4 of TMNT was horrible. The two needed each other to balance each other out. Laird with the sci/fi, and Eastman with the gritty urban realism.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #948
Neptune
Uchiha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post

TOTALLY AGREED! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see Raph stab a few goons and Leo cut some arms off. I hate how Hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear Raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "F you's" and "sh%ts".

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush

Last edited by Neptune; 11-20-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #949
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune View Post
totally agreed! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see raph stab a few goons and leo cut some arms off. I hate how hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "f you's" and "sh%ts".
^^^^^this !!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #950
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
TOTALLY AGREED! Enough with the kiddie stuff already. They're ninja's. Let see Raph stab a few goons and Leo cut some arms off. I hate how Hollywood always thinks they need to change the target groups of these franchises. Like the original fans don't matter anymore and potential fans are too stupid to understand it. They're freaking ninja's, ninja's kill people, get over it hollywood!!! And let's hear Raph curse while we're at it. You just know he'd throw in a few "F you's" and "sh%ts".
Even tho I would love to see something like this I don't think it will happen. The new cartoon is doing great and they'll try to capitalize on it. As long as it is good Im happy. Just give us something for Leo to cut and Raph to stab!

"Use the source, Luke!"
Closed Thread