The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #951
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Rogers nodded at Reed and looked forward as the caravan rode down towards the pyramids.
As the caravan neared the pyramids the assembled tanks seemingly became alerted to their presence and aimed their guns in their direction, but held their fire.
There orders were quite clear.

Four giant spotlights were turned on, beaming out and illuminating Richards and his troupe. For the longest of seconds, an uneasy silence fell over the scene. But the silence was soon interrupted by twin crimson beams of heat from the heavens above that tore through their rank, incinerating their guide in the process.

"There will be no escape for any of you", Superman declared as he descended from above, his voice echoing thunderously across the area.
"Tonight, I will end your threat to the empire once and for all!"

Superman's eyes glowed a bright red, and two beams of concentrated heat shot from them towards Reed Richards.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #952
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post

Four giant spotlights were turned on, beaming out and illuminating Richards and his troupe. For the longest of seconds, an uneasy silence fell over the scene. But the silence was soon interrupted by twin crimson beams of heat from the heavens above that tore through their rank, incinerating their guide in the process.

"There will be no escape for any of you", Superman declared as he descended from above, his voice echoing thunderously across the area.
"Tonight, I will end your threat to the empire once and for all!"

Superman's eyes glowed a bright red, and two beams of concentrated heat shot from them towards Reed Richards.
Reed twisted and contorted his body into a corkscrew shape, avoiding the laser blast from Superman's eyes. Beside Reed, Rogers unslung the automatic weapon on his shoulder and opened fire at Superman. He dodged four of the five bullets shot, but the fifth dug into his shoulder with a sharp pain.

"Ahh!" He shouted, more from surprise than pain.

"Kryptonite bullets, dirtbag," Rogers said as he climbed off his horse. "Courtesy of Lex Luthor."

Superman yelled in rage and dove down towards Rogers, his fist out and prepared to liquidate the elderly man.

"NO!" Ben shouted. His fist slammed into Superman's face, dropping the alien to the ground just a few feet in front of Rogers. While Ben and Superman squared off, Rogers and his platoon opened fire on the rest of Doom's troops.

"Go!" He shouted at Reed and Sue. "Get to that damn Sphinx on the double!"

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #953
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
Reed twisted and contorted his body into a corkscrew shape, avoiding the laser blast from Superman's eyes. Beside Reed, Rogers unslung the automatic weapon on his shoulder and opened fire at Superman. He dodged four of the five bullets shot, but the fifth dug into his shoulder with a sharp pain.

"Ahh!" He shouted, more from surprise than pain.

"Kryptonite bullets, dirtbag," Rogers said as he climbed off his horse. "Courtesy of Lex Luthor."

Superman yelled in rage and dove down towards Rogers, his fist out and prepared to liquidate the elderly man.

"NO!" Ben shouted. His fist slammed into Superman's face, dropping the alien to the ground just a few feet in front of Rogers. While Ben and Superman squared off, Rogers and his platoon opened fire on the rest of Doom's troops.

"Go!" He shouted at Reed and Sue. "Get to that damn Sphinx on the double!"
As the surrounding area exploded in bloody combat, Reed, Johnny, and Sue bolted for the Sphinx. After a quick scan of the structure, Richards discovered a hidden doorway and activated it, the solid "stone" of the Sphinx seemingly dissolving away to allow them access.

The three heroes entered the ancient time ship as the doorway seemingly melted back into solid form behind them. Reed and the other made their way into the Sphinx's belly section, which was a large room that was the central area connecting the rest of the ship.
But Reed and his family were not alone as they saw a familiar visage waiting for them there.

"Greetings, my friends", Doom spoke, his arms crossed over his chest as his imposing form barred the heroes' entrance to the ship's bridge.
"And here I had been beginning to think that I was wrong in my assumption you would come here. How unfortunate for you all that I am proven correct."

Without warning, Doom lashes out, firing a ray from his gauntlet at Johnny that hits him dead in the chest. Before the Torch can utter a syllable, he's frozen solid as his body is covered in a thick coating of ice.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #954
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

"Greetings, my friends", Doom spoke, his arms crossed over his chest as his imposing form barred the heroes' entrance to the ship's bridge.
"And here I had been beginning to think that I was wrong in my assumption you would come here. How unfortunate for you all that I am proven correct."

Without warning, Doom lashes out, firing a ray from his gauntlet at Johnny that hits him dead in the chest. Before the Torch can utter a syllable, he's frozen solid as his body is covered in a thick coating of ice.
"Susan," Reed shouted, stretching his arms around Victor. "Go for the controls. I'll- AHHH!," He was cut short by the laser blast from Doom's other gauntlet. He was close enough that the blast encompassed both men.

While the two men rustled, Sue was already invisible and passed them. Her hands went to work on the controls of the time machine, preparing it for its journey back to the start of the whole mess.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #955
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
"Susan," Reed shouted, stretching his arms around Victor. "Go for the controls. I'll- AHHH!," He was cut short by the laser blast from Doom's other gauntlet. He was close enough that the blast encompassed both men.

While the two men rustled, Sue was already invisible and passed them. Her hands went to work on the controls of the time machine, preparing it for its journey back to the start of the whole mess.
"I think not, my dear", Doom states as he turns and fires a energy blast at the invisible Sue Richards hitting her in the back and dropping her.

"Not even you can hide from Doom, Susan", Doom says as he prepares to fire another strike at the prone Invisible Woman.
"A simple fact you will soon learn."

Old 11-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #956
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Bludhaven
Two Hours Ago

The mirrored wall of the disco smashed into hundreds of shards as I drove the thug's head into it. Holding him by his gray hair, I jerked his bloody face from the glass and held it close to my own.

"The clown. The one who bombed city hall. Where is he?!"

"I don't know!" The bloody man pleaded. "All I know is rumor I heard. Jimmy the Knee supposedly sold him some guns!"

One Hour Ago

Jimmy "The Knee" Knoller was hanging from twenty stories above the pavement. Vomit stained his forehead and hair.

"Wow," Black Cat said with a click of her tongue. "Never seen a man vomit upside down before. Somehow, it's worse than seeing it right side up."

"Did you sell the Joker guns?"

"Not directly!" The Knee said weakly. "I sold 'em through a third party okay. Johnny the Shin!"

"Johnny the Shin? Hopefully we run out of body parts before we get to Nicky the Spleen..."

Thirty Minutes Ago

"All I know is that he was set up in a house."

"Give me a name!"

"Nicky the Spleen!"

"Seriously?"

Conrad Downs
Now

The door lurched underneath my boot. The hinges snapped and the door fell to the ground. I stepped over the fallen door into the house. I activated the scanners inside my cowl and let them go to work.

Detected: Molecular trace amounts of trinitrotoluene, cordite, dried blood spatter detected on seventeen different surfaces.

He's been here for some time. Doing things I don't want to imagine. I march forward into the house while I hope my ally keeps her word and does her job.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #957
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
"I think not, my dear", Doom states as he turns and fires a energy blast at the invisible Sue Richards hitting her in the back and dropping her.

"Not even you can hide from Doom, Susan", Doom says as he prepares to fire another strike at the prone Invisible Woman.
"A simple fact you will soon learn."
"Leave my wife alone!" Reed roared. He struck Doom in the head with his sledge-hammer morphed fist. Reed's malleable knuckles slammed against Victor's armored face. Stretching his entire body around Doom like a cloak, Reed tightened around the dictator and trapped him inside his body folds. "Susan, activate the time machine now!"

Crawling forward, Sue struggled to her feet. She reached across the control panel and activated the time ship's controls.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #958
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:

Conrad Downs
Now

The door lurched underneath my boot. The hinges snapped and the door fell to the ground. I stepped over the fallen door into the house. I activated the scanners inside my cowl and let them go to work.

Detected: Molecular trace amounts of trinitrotoluene, cordite, dried blood spatter detected on seventeen different surfaces.

He's been here for some time. Doing things I don't want to imagine. I march forward into the house while I hope my ally keeps her word and does her job.

Sitting on the La-Z-Boy recliner in the far corner of the living room, the Joker casually looked up from his half-eaten carton of chicken lo mein, tossed the Chinese food away next to the corpse of the delivery boy who had brought it to him, and waved.

"Hiya, Batman," he said with a friendly smile. "I was starting to worry you weren't going to make it. Have a seat, would ya? I think it's time we had a little talk."

As the Bat scowled at him, the clown's eyes lit up, as if he'd just remembered something very important.

"Oh! And in case you're thinking about just beating me up before I have my say," he said, fumbling around inside his jacket pockets before finding a crudely made detonator, "The guy who owns this house is still chained up in the basement, and I stuffed about a baseball-sized wad of bathtub-made Semtex in his mouth. You start getting jumpy, and I press this button here and blow his head clean off."

The Joker brandished the detonator, his thumb hovering just over the trigger, until he was satisfied the Batman wouldn't try anything.

"Okay then," he said. "Sit down, make yourself comfortable. I haven't opened the fortune cookies yet, if you want one."

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #959
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post

As the Bat scowled at him, the clown's eyes lit up, as if he'd just remembered something very important.

"Oh! And in case you're thinking about just beating me up before I have my say," he said, fumbling around inside his jacket pockets before finding a crudely made detonator, "The guy who owns this house is still chained up in the basement, and I stuffed about a baseball-sized wad of bathtub-made Semtex in his mouth. You start getting jumpy, and I press this button here and blow his head clean off."

The Joker brandished the detonator, his thumb hovering just over the trigger, until he was satisfied the Batman wouldn't try anything.

"Okay then," he said. "Sit down, make yourself comfortable. I haven't opened the fortune cookies yet, if you want one."
I stepped forward and sat down in front of the Joker, my lenses processing any and everything in the area.

"Just get on with the long-winded speech you've spent days preparing."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #960
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
I stepped forward and sat down in front of the Joker, my lenses processing any and everything in the area.

"Just get on with the long-winded speech you've spent days preparing."

"Oh, that's right," the Joker said, rolling his eyes. "Act like you don't enjoy our little moments. Pretend this is all some big ugly chore that you only do because you have to. Keep up this little pretense when you and I both know that it's moments like this that are the whole reason you're here."

The clown casually toyed with the remote detonator in his hand, before his smile grew.

"So a guy walks into a bar," he began, "And this is one of those one-horse towns where everyone knows everyone, right? And nobody recognizes this guy, so the bartender says, 'Hey, you must not be from around here.' The man says, 'Nope. I'm actually here with the traveling circus, and we're in town for the weekend!'"

The Joker, sensing Batman's impatience, began to embellish on the joke, to pad it out for even longer.

"The bartender asks, 'So, what are you, an acrobat? A juggler? A clown?' And the man says, 'No, I work with the animals.' The bartender's impressed, and says, 'Oh, so you're like a lion tamer, then?' To which the man answers, 'Well, not exactly. My job is to give enemas to the elephants before the show, to make sure they don't **** in front of the audience on stage.'"

The clown snickered at the idea, but when he saw that Batman wasn't laughing, he continued.

"The bartender doesn't believe him, and he says as much. 'That's ridiculous, no one would do that for a living,' he says. 'Oh yeah?' says the stranger. 'Come down to the fairgrounds tomorrow before the show, and you'll see me at work!'

"So the next day, the bartender goes to the fairgrounds--outta morbid curiosity, y'know? And sure enough, there's the stranger from the night before, with thick rubber gloves on and carrying a big rubber hose to the elephants' cage."

The Joker's eyes began to gleam as he pictured the scene.

"He steps into the cage and goes towards the first elephant, a big bull elephant with huge tusks. He walks around the side to get behind him....and then he sticks the hose right up the elephant's ass and turns it on! He pumps gallon after gallon after gallon up the pachyderm's posterior, until finally it can't take it anymore and-- FWOOOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!--the elephant takes a big watery **** all over him!!!"

The clown did his best to gesture out the grotesque details, to a crowd that wasn't exactly in the laughing mood.

"The stranger, still covered head to toe in godawful watery runny elephant diarrhea, walks over to the bartender and says, 'So whaddya think?' And the bartender says, 'I think you need to find another job.'"

The Joker wound up for the punchline.

"And the bartender says, 'What, and give up showbusiness?!"

With that, he spread his arms in a wide 'ta-daa,' waiting for the Batman's response.

Last edited by Andy C.; 11-28-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #961
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

The clown did his best to gesture out the grotesque details, to a crowd that wasn't exactly in the laughing mood.

"The stranger, still covered head to toe in godawful watery runny elephant diarrhea, walks over to the bartender and says, 'So whaddya think?' And the bartender says, 'I think you need to find another job.'"

The Joker wound up for the punchline.

"And the bartender says, 'What, and give up showbusiness?!"

With that, he spread his arms in a wide 'ta-daa,' waiting for the Batman's response.
At the end of the punchline, the right lens in my cowl flashed a notification on my screen. The right back leg of the Joker's chair was rickety. I placed my right forefinger against my thumb and leaned forward.

"Is that it? Nothing about how you're better than me? I'm disappointed. The past two times we've chatted, you haven't hesitated to remind me how awful I am and how I refuse to see the truth of the ugly world out there."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #962
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
At the end of the punchline, the right lens in my cowl flashed a notification on my screen. The right back leg of the Joker's chair was rickety. I placed my right forefinger against my thumb and leaned forward.

"Is that it? Nothing about how you're better than me? I'm disappointed. The past two times we've chatted, you haven't hesitated to remind me how awful I am and how I refuse to see the truth of the ugly world out there."

The Joker burst out into hysterical laughter.

"HA! A-HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! You still don't get it, do you?! Oh, man, that's.....that's just....HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!"

The clown's laughter resounded through the house, until his throat was hoarse and he could barely breathe.

"Ahaa....heee....hooo.....ow, my sides........you're so close. You hear what I'm saying, but you refuse to let it sink in. This isn't about me, or us, or the big ugly awful world.......it's just about you. And how all of this is happening, specifically, and only, because you want it to happen."

With each word, the Joker's stare grew more wide-eyed, an almost hungry glare in his eyes.

"And this isn't about how you let me escape from Arkham Island--not entirely, anyway. That's still your fault, but it's not the big picture. No, it's about you creating all of this misery and sorrow around you, not because you want to save a city, but because you want to feel powerful."

His sickly yellow eyes burned as he stared holes through the vigilante.

"The Batman, the Caped Crusader, Gotham City's Dark Knight," he rattled off the nicknames the news had given him. "It makes you feel good, doesn't it? Like you're actually doing something with yourself? You're all that stands between the good people of Gotham City-- and Blüdhaven too, I guess- and total destruction at the hands of killers and madmen. That's why you beat the snot out of scrawny little Doctor Crane, or trigger-happy Frank Castle.....or some miserable little nobody that some two-bit mobsters stuffed in a Red Hood to help them knock over the Ace Chemical Plant...."

For an instant, the Joker's stare broke off from the Batman, looking away at something that wasn't there. It was a distant, longing stare, thinking back at something that was long gone. For just a second, the Joker wasn't smiling.....

......then he came back to his senses.

"You could have saved Gotham City if you really wanted to," he said, a vicious hiss in his voice. "You're clearly loaded-- all of those gadgets and gizmos of yours can't be cheap; you'd have to be a Tony Stark or a Bruce Wayne to put your act together. You could have thrown all those millions of dollars into charities, or into jump-starting businesses to get people their jobs back. Maybe send some cash to Arkham Asylum so they can hire some shrinks that are actually worth a damn, heh. Considering the money and the brains you pretty obviously have, you could have turned the city around without throwing a single punch.......but where would be the fun in that?"

The killer leaned forward in his seat, digging one hand into the recliner, the other with a white-knuckled deathgrip on the detonator.

"No, you needed to feel powerful," he sneered. "You needed to take control of the situation and turn it into a suicidal war between yourself and the world. You needed the rush of danger, the thrill of violence, the power of life and death in your hands. You needed to make yourself more than a good person; you had to make yourself a savior, a god-damned Guardian Angel. I'm just the Devil on the city's other shoulder."

The Joker leaned further forward, all but leaping out of his chair as he stared Batman down.

"Deny it all you want. Beat the stuffing out of me and throw me in another cage. Sooner or later, you'll come around. You'll realize that all of this has happened.....all those people have suffered and died......all because you wanted to be something you're not: a hero."

With that, the Joker took a deep breath, and leaned back into the recliner. He glanced at the detonator in his hand, and tossed it aside.

"Okay then. Now you can beat me up."

Last edited by Andy C.; 11-28-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #963
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

"Deny it all you want. Beat the stuffing out of me and throw me in another cage. Sooner or later, you'll come around. You'll realize that all of this has happened.....all those people have suffered and died......all because you wanted to be something you're not: a hero."

With that, the Joker took a deep breath, and leaned back into the recliner. He glanced at the detonator in his hand, and tossed it aside.

"Okay then. Now you can beat me up."
I stood up and calmly picked up the detonator and slid it into my belt. I looked at Joker and flicked my left wrist. A cable shot from the wrist and hit him in the neck. A few thousand volts of electricity passed through the cable into the clown, dropping him to the ground in a shaking series of spasms. Once the taser charge ended, I reeled it in and proceeded to pick the dazed Joker off the ground, cuffing his hands behind his back.

"I would say that you need professional help, but the last time you got it, you ended up making an entire insane asylum break out into a riot."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #964
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
I stood up and calmly picked up the detonator and slid it into my belt. I looked at Joker and flicked my left wrist. A cable shot from the wrist and hit him in the neck. A few thousand volts of electricity passed through the cable into the clown, dropping him to the ground in a shaking series of spasms. Once the taser charge ended, I reeled it in and proceeded to pick the dazed Joker off the ground, cuffing his hands behind his back.

"I would say that you need professional help, but the last time you got it, you ended up making an entire insane asylum break out into a riot."
"Hnh......look at you.....the big damn hero," the Joker said, giggling to himself in a daze from Batman's taser. "Is it everything you were hoping for?"

Outside, the whine of police sirens began to sound, growing closer as the Blüdhaven police closed in on the house.

"'Need professional help,' pffft!" the clown snorted derisively as consciousness faded. "What.....and give up showbusiness?"

Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #965
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
"Hnh......look at you.....the big damn hero," the Joker said, giggling to himself in a daze from Batman's taser. "Is it everything you were hoping for?"

Outside, the whine of police sirens began to sound, growing closer as the Blüdhaven police closed in on the house.

"'Need professional help,' pffft!" the clown snorted derisively as consciousness faded. "What.....and give up showbusiness?"
By the time the Bludhaven PD came through the broken down door, I was long gone. The man and woman Joker had hostage were freed, but the damage to them had been done. I said my goodbyes to Black Cat and began to process of heading home. The jet was halfway to Gotham when the call came through.

"How did it go, sir?" Alfred ask on the other end of the line.

"As expected. The Joker is under arrest, but he still managed to hurt people."

"At least he is back in police custody where he belongs."

"We'll see how long that lasts..."

"Something bothering you, sir?"

"Nothing I can't handle. I'll be home in twenty minutes. Batman, out."

The line went dead and Alfred's voice was replaced by the steady, dull roar of the jet engine. Left alone with nothing but my thoughts... and the Joker's words.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #966
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

"Oh, man, I can't believe how awesome this is," I say, still grinning like an idiot as I walk to class with Harry and Gwen. "I don't think I've ever been this excited in my life."

"I know, right? This is going to be incredible," says Gwen, buzzing with excitement as well.

"I can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces when I tell them I have a girlfriend, and she's the coolest person I've ever met!" I say, triumphantly.

Gwen stops in her tracks for a second.

"Wait," she sputters, "I was talking about us going to the midnight show of The Hobbit. You....you've got a girlfriend?!"

"Yeah, it's Mary Jane, remember?"

"I thought you were just going out with her the one time for Aunt May's sake...."

"Well, we did," I say sheepishly, "but we ended up hitting it off really well, and she said she wants to go out again! You guys are gonna love her; she's so cool. She moved here from Metropolis, and is big into theater and music, and--"

"And she transferred to Midtown High today," Mary Jane says as she manages to sneak up on me--I was so amped up about telling the gang about my incredible turn of luck that I wasn't even paying attention to my Spider-Sense. "Morning, Tiger."

"Mary Jane, hey, oh my God!" I stammer excitedly. "Guys, this is Mary Jane Watson. MJ, this is Harry Osborn; he kinda already met you once."

"Well, 'met' is kind of a strong word," Harry admits. "'Was present in the background staring like a dork' is a little closer. Trust me, I'm a lot more fun to get along with when I'm not shocked into paralysis."

"I sure hope so," MJ says, offering Harry an introductory handshake.

"And this," I say, "is my best friend and partner in crime, the illustrious Gwen Stacy."

"Pleasure to meet you, Gwen," Mary Jane says, again extending her hand. "Pete's told me all about you."

There's an awkward pause as Gwen stares at MJ's hand like it's covered in sewage, before finally taking it and giving it a curt shake.

"Hi," she says in an acidic tone.

"Umm....okayyy...." MJ says, realizing the tension. "Did I do something wrong?"

Gwen shakes her head.

"No," she says, then turns to me and actually gives me The Look. "You didn't do anything wrong, Mary Jane."

"Jeez, Gwen, what's--"

"I have to go to class," she cuts me off before walking away.

"Hmmm," MJ says, a concerned look on her face. "The bell hasn't even rung on my first day at a new school, and I'm already causing drama. It's like I never left Metropolis."

"Whaddya mean?"

Mary Jane sighs sadly.

"Nothing, Pete," she says. "I need to get going; gotta find my class. I'll see you at lunch, okay?"

With that, MJ walks away, leaving Harry and me standing bewildered.

"Well, that was awkward," Harry states the obvious.

"You're telling me," I say, scratching my head. "What was that all about?"

"Dude, sooner or later, someone's going to have to sit you down and tell you about the birds and the bees," Harry says, shaking his head. "But it's not gonna be me. C'mon, we're gonna be late."

Not long after, we're seated in Mr. Warren's AP Chem class, ready to learn about non-stoichiometric compounds. As soon as the bell rings, Harry leans back in his chair, ready to fall asleep.

"Good morning, class," Mr. Warren begins, "If you'll please turn your textbooks to Chapter 14, we're going to cover crystalline or non-stoichiometric compounds, which...."

"And there's my cue," Harry says, leaning his head down on the desk. "Wake me up when it's over."

As Harry starts to nod off, I roll my eyes and start scrawling out notes. I just know I'm going to have to go over all of this stuff with him when we get our homework.

"*Pssst!* Parker! Hey, Parker!"

Flash Thompson whispers from the desk behind me, trying to get my attention.

"I'm trying to pay attention to the lecture, Flash," I whisper back.

"Whatever. Who's that girl you were with at Romita's?"

"Not right now, Flash."

"Seriously, though, she seein' anyone?"

"She's seeing me."

"Heh, we'll see about that," Flash snickers.

Great. Awesome. Wonderful. Fan-frakking-tastic.

I thought going out with Mary Jane was going to make things awesome for me. Now, though, my best friend is mad at me for no readily apparent reason, and my sworn enemy--who's already dating Liz Allan, the first girl of my dreams-- is going to try and steal MJ, too.

And I'm going to have to do Harry's homework for him tonight.

I'm seriously glad I gave up being Spider-Man right about now. Because what with all this drama on my plate, I really don't think I could handle--

*KRASSSHHHH!!!!!!*

......of course.

The door explodes inwards into a hundred splinters, shattered by a big metal boot. Whoever this guy is, he's strong. I mean, I've got a decent amount of super-strength thanks to my spectacular spider-powers, but I'm pretty sure I can't just kick a door into sawdust like that.

In steps a tall man in what appears to be some kind of sealed hazard suit, carrying a big gun.

"I am looking for Harry Osborn," he says in a cold, dead, voice, an electronic buzz reverberating from his suit's speakers. "Fitting that I find him here in a school, a place of learning. Because his father is about to learn a lesson in vengeance."

What was that I said about being glad that I gave up being Spider-Man?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #967
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
"Leave my wife alone!" Reed roared. He struck Doom in the head with his sledge-hammer morphed fist. Reed's malleable knuckles slammed against Victor's armored face. Stretching his entire body around Doom like a cloak, Reed tightened around the dictator and trapped him inside his body folds. "Susan, activate the time machine now!"

Crawling forward, Sue struggled to her feet. She reached across the control panel and activated the time ship's controls.
"NOOO!"

Volts of electricity course through Reed, and Mr. Fantastic cries out in pain and protest as his hold on Doom falls.

"Insolent, wench!"

Doom lashes out as Susan, but the Invisible Woman is able to bring up a shield just before the bolt of energy fired by Doom reaches her.

The time ship hurtled back into the past as the Fantastic Four moved closer to finally setting right all this madness. But first they still had to contend with a madman.

And Doom was angry.

"You dare defy the will of Doom!?"

So be it", the monarch muttered as mystical energy began to flow around his body.

"No more games, Richards...no more witty repartee", Doom stated as he slowly rose off of the floor to hover above the gathered Four, a cold crimson flame enveloping his metal form.
"It is time for you and your ilk to die..."

"Enough'a this crap", Ben grumbled to himself before he rushed to attack Doom.
"Time ta say 'goodnight', Vic!"

Doom outstretched his hands, etching a rune into the air, and crimson bands suddenly appeared and wrapped around the Thing, bringing the brute crashing to the floor.
As Ben struggled in vain to free himself from the mystical bands, Doom stretched out his hand and loosed an eldritch bolt at the helpless Ben Grimm, intent to kill.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #968
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

"Enough'a this crap", Ben grumbled to himself before he rushed to attack Doom.
"Time ta say 'goodnight', Vic!"

Doom outstretched his hands, etching a rune into the air, and crimson bands suddenly appeared and wrapped around the Thing, bringing the brute crashing to the floor.

As Ben struggled in vain to free himself from the mystical bands, Doom stretched out his hand and loosed an eldritch bolt at the helpless Ben Grimm, intent to kill.
"No!" Sue shouted. She created a protective bubble around Ben that blocked Victor's curse. The feedback from the curse caused Sue to groan in pain and fall to one knee.

While his wife recovered, Reed ran calculations in his head. Victor's magic was a huge variable he couldn't hope to calculate. The rest, though? His friends, the environment, even Victor's mental state, they could all be added up. Reed reached on his belt and crunched numbers on the feasiblity of it all. It would be tricky, but the numbers played out right. Reed activated the teleporter on his 4 logo and just like that, Sue, Ben, and Johnny all disappeared from the room.

"I sent them away," Reed announced to his old friend. "You're right, Victor. No more games, no more barbs and japes. Like it should have always been from the start, its just you and me."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #969
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
"No!" Sue shouted. She created a protective bubble around Ben that blocked Victor's curse. The feedback from the curse caused Sue to groan in pain and fall to one knee.

While his wife recovered, Reed ran calculations in his head. Victor's magic was a huge variable he couldn't hope to calculate. The rest, though? His friends, the environment, even Victor's mental state, they could all be added up. Reed reached on his belt and crunched numbers on the feasiblity of it all. It would be tricky, but the numbers played out right. Reed activated the teleporter on his 4 logo and just like that, Sue, Ben, and Johnny all disappeared from the room.

"I sent them away," Reed announced to his old friend. "You're right, Victor. No more games, no more barbs and japes. Like it should have always been from the start, its just you and me."
"Indeed...now I shall subtract one more", Victor stated coldly.

Doom stretched his arms out in front of him, spreading out his fingers. Manifesting from Doom's fingertips, ten spectral serpents darted towards Reed. Twisting and turning through the air, their ethereal fangs dripping with venom, they surrounded Mr. Fantastic and attacked...

Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #970
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
"Indeed...now I shall subtract one more", Victor stated coldly.

Doom stretched his arms out in front of him, spreading out his fingers. Manifesting from Doom's fingertips, ten spectral serpents darted towards Reed. Twisting and turning through the air, their ethereal fangs dripping with venom, they surrounded Mr. Fantastic and attacked...
Reed twisted and turned his body to avoid the snakes. Most of them passed by harmlessly, but two found their mark in his left arm.

"Ugh," he said in pain. Reed pulled the snakes out of his elastic arm and stared down at the bleeding wounds, his vision began to blur. "This wha you wanted, Vic," he slurred, lurching forward. "Kill me. Show me... Show me you were... right? I was wrong?"

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt

Last edited by Byrd Man; 12-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #971
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
Reed twisted and turned his body to avoid the snakes. Most of them passed by harmlessly, but two found their mark in his left arm.

"Ugh," he said in pain. Reed pulled the snakes out of his elastic arm and stared down at the bleeding wounds, his vision began to blur. "This wha you wanted, Vic," he slurred, lurching forward. "Kill me. Show me... Show me you were... right? I was wrong?"

"Right and wrong"
, Doom scoffs as he floats down towards Reed, as the hero slumps down to his knees. Reed's breathing is heavy, raspy as Doom approaches.

"No, this is something much simpler, I'm afraid"
, Doom barks as he grabs Reed by the throat, easily lifting him off of his feet.

"This is retribution, Reed! For this", Victor roars as he reaches to his face with his free hand, tearing away his mask and revealing his scarred visage!

"This is your handiwork, Richards", Von Doom hatefully snarls as he pulls Mr. Fantastic in close, staring him dead in the eyes.
"Let it be the last sight you see as you fade from this world."

"And have no worry", Victor smirks devilishly, "I will take good care of Susan in your absence..."

Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #972
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

"This is your handiwork, Richards", Von Doom hatefully snarls as he pulls Mr. Fantastic in close, staring him dead in the eyes.
"Let it be the last sight you see as you fade from this world."

"And have no worry", Victor smirks devilishly, "I will take good care of Susan in your absence..."
"Actually," Reed mumbled out. "I'm sure... Sure Susan and the others are taking good care of you."

Around Reed and Doom, the ship shook and a white light began to shine through the ship's window.

"Based on the relative speed of the ship, I teleported the others to a point in the time vortex where they would appear at the exact moment you took control of the Sphinx."

The white light began to shine through the window and consume the front of the ship. Reed coughed violently and wiped blood from his lips.

"That light is the time stream correcting itself. Sue, Ben, and Johnny stopped you. Time is going back to the way it was, the world you controlled will no longer exist. So, enjoy your vengeance, and know it was short lived."

Reed coughed again and looked up as the white light consumed both him and Victor.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #973
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Doom's face was a mask of rage, and the monarch howled in anger and protest as the light engulfed him and all went white...

As the world corrected itself, Doom found himself sitting in a SHIELD cell, as new memories of the corrected time stream danced through his mind. Though he still remember his victory, he now knew of his defeat at the hands of Richards' accursed family, stopping his triumph before it ever happened.

Now Doom awaited to be sent back to Latveria, as his nation was going to be burdened with heavy sanctions from the UN in punishment for Doom's failed gambit.
The phrase "war crimes" had been brought up. But, since Doom technically didn't do anything what with the Fantastic Four stopping his time travel plot before it occurred, all talks of potential crimes of war were dismissed.

Still, the fact that Doom remembered his nigh total victory and his crushing defeat at the hands of his most hated and bitter rival was enough punishment on it's own.
And those memories were a paradox of space/time playing out in his mind.

But Victor deduced that he wasn't the only one who remembered what at one point was as he looked out through the energy barrier that kept him in his cell to Reed Richards who stood on the other side, silently staring at him with a mixed look of disappointment and sadness.

Victor could see it in Reed's eyes that he remember Doom's perfect world and how he and his ilk vaingloriously stole that utopia from the deserving populace of the planet.

"Come to gloat, Reed? If so, have your fill and begone. I'd prefer to await my voyage back to my homeland in solitude."

Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #974
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
But Victor deduced that he wasn't the only one who remembered what at one point was as he looked out through the energy barrier that kept him in his cell to Reed Richards who stood on the other side, silently staring at him with a mixed look of disappointment and sadness.

Victor could see it in Reed's eyes that he remember Doom's perfect world and how he and his ilk vaingloriously stole that utopia from the deserving populace of the planet.

"Come to gloat, Reed? If so, have your fill and begone. I'd prefer to await my voyage back to my homeland in solitude."
"No gloating, Victor. I'm just here as a favor to the Security Council. They want to make sure your cage is secure."

Reed began to survey the cell from many different angles and distances.

"You know," he said as he worked. "I've been doing some time travel work on my own. Fascinating stuff, really. The way the smallest acts can resonate for hundreds of years after the act."

Reed continued to test out the cell structure, making sure it was sound.

"For instance, I went back and observed this man in the 1845. Let's call him Agoston. He left his native Hungary and was journeying through the countryside of Eastern Europe when he was presented with a fork in the road. The road on the right led west to Austria. The road on the left was further east. He chose the road on the left and settled in Latveria. Once there, he found a wife and started a family. His youngest daughter married a man named Von Doom. You see, Agoston was your great-great-great-great grandfather."

He turned away from the prison bars and stared at Doom.

"I wonder what would happen if say, a stranger would have appeared at that fork in the road that day and told Agoston that the road to Latveria was dangerous and unfit to travel. Suppose he ended up going to Austria. That one small decision and you and a good part of your family tree would have never existed. You're not the only one that can muddle with the timeline, Victor. You would do well to remember that."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #975
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Doom looked into Reed's eyes, seeing the conviction behind his words, and his scarred lips curved up into a smile.

"There's the true Reed Richards I've always known. It feels good to wield the power of life and death, does it not? And to have the conviction to see your genocidal threats followed through?"

"I wonder, Reed"
, Victor sat forward on the lone cot inside the cell, "what your family would say if they knew that all your acts of altruism, all your purported heroics...that they were but a simple, well-crafted shell."

Doom rose to his feet as he continued to speak, walking right up to the cell's energy barrier and to Reed Richards.

"That underneath it all beat the cold, calculating, emotionless heart of a scientific mastermind", Doom stated softly as he stood looking Reed dead in the eyes mere inches from his hated rival, only the energy barrier of the cell separating them.
"Just like me..."