The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #301
Spoonman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 390
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Yeah, I am thankfull we had a great Batman and Bond film in the same year, that was great seriously. As far as comparisions go I maintain that The Dark Knight Rises is more like The World Is Not Enough that Skyfall is to TDK.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #302
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,344
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonmhan View Post
Yeah, I am thankfull we had a great Batman and Bond film in the same year, that was great seriously. As far as comparisions go I maintain that The Dark Knight Rises is more like The World Is Not Enough that Skyfall is to TDK.
I'd agree with those comparisions, and unfortunately TWINE is one of the weaker Bond flicks. The Bane/Talia relationship is almost exactly like the Renard/Electra relationship, Renard is a vicious terrorist who cannot feel pain, You have a hero who's physically, mentally, and emotionally compromised, you have a film which has much more of a downbeat and depressing tone, And you have over the top action which conflicts a bit with the more personal story the film wants to tell. I'd say Skyfall is like TDK in its villan and that's about it. Other than that, its oddly closer to TDKR .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #303
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,344
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Hardy had a great performance through his eyes and physicality with being hindered by a mask though. That should say a lot about an overall performance as well.
It does , but for me , if its between Bardem and Hardy its no contest. Bardem's character wins. It doesn't mean I think Hardy is bad , it means I just found Silva to be a better written and characterized, and dynamic villan. In the end , imo, Bane became nothing more than an overhyped henchmen.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #304
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

To each their own, but Silva was so much like Joker, it's hard to pick a villain that seemed like another villain, lol. Silva was a good Bond villain for Skyfall, sure, but he wasn't hugely different than anything we've seen before, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #305
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,822
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

He was only vaguely like the heath joker tbh. He actually reminded me more of the animated series joker funny enough with his flamboyance.

Although i wonder how batman would have taken to the joker trying to seduce him? I don't think he'd handle it as well as bond did.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #306
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Lol, oh man, what a scene that would've been.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #307
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,033
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

I just imagine a lot of Bale yelling, haha.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #308
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
It does , but for me , if its between Bardem and Hardy its no contest. Bardem's character wins. It doesn't mean I think Hardy is bad , it means I just found Silva to be a better written and characterized, and dynamic villan. In the end , imo, Bane became nothing more than an overhyped henchmen.
Quoted for truth. That's all he was. Kinda like Scarecrow except with more clout.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #309
Spoonman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 390
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I'd agree with those comparisions, and unfortunately TWINE is one of the weaker Bond flicks. The Bane/Talia relationship is almost exactly like the Renard/Electra relationship, Renard is a vicious terrorist who cannot feel pain, You have a hero who's physically, mentally, and emotionally compromised, you have a film which has much more of a downbeat and depressing tone, And you have over the top action which conflicts a bit with the more personal story the film wants to tell. I'd say Skyfall is like TDK in its villan and that's about it. Other than that, its oddly closer to TDKR .
Yeah, and don't forget both TDKR and TWINE involve the detonation of a Nuclear device that would destroy an entire city (Gotham / Istanbul).

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #310
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,152
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Yeah, and don't forget both TDKR and TWINE involve the detonation of a Nuclear device that would destroy an entire city (Gotham / Istanbul).
LOL I never even realized that before.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #311
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Never even watch TWINE so I'll take all of you guys' word for it, lol.

The only Brosnan Bond film I've seen is GoldenEye. And the game was so much better, haha.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #312
Spoonman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 390
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Never even watch TWINE so I'll take all of you guys' word for it, lol.

The only Brosnan Bond film I've seen is GoldenEye. And the game was so much better, haha.
I'll say go watch it, its not great but neither bad by any means. Actually TWINE is Brosnan second best Bond film IMO.

Ninja Edit

Don't ever go near "Die Another Day"...just, please don't.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #313
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

TWINE by Garbage is my favorite Bond song...so it has that going for it.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #314
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,951
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Tom Mankiewicz who might be familiar to some as a writer on Superman The Movie and wrote a few of the Roger Moore Bond films also had a script idea for the Batman movie when development was beginning in the early 80's.

It's interesting I'm reading an issue of Back Issue #57 that spotlights Jeanette Kahn and in it they talk at how Mankiewicz treatment for the Batman felt too much like a James Bond film, I just find it curious what with this thread and all.

__________________
There are farts that smell bad and then there are farts that smell really bad, if you have one of those real bad smelly ones then that's the first signs of diarrhea.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #315
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,869
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

I like both Batman and Bond. I thought Skyfall was a great addition to the series. I thought TDK Rises had a lot of good going for it. It was a good year for both franchises.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #316
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,258
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

TDKR is a better film than TWINE, but Sophie Marceau utterly trumps Cotillard (in this film) in beauty, vulnerability, sympathy, and villainous crazyness.

She could've been a great Talia a decade ago.


__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!

Last edited by Tacit Ronin; 11-24-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #317
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,701
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I like both Batman and Bond. I thought Skyfall was a great addition to the series. I thought TDK Rises had a lot of good going for it. It was a good year for both franchises.
I completely agree. They are a great addition to the series , and both of them treat the material and the audience with respect (something rare in big productions , and i would say in the future it will be even rarer) . What's sad is that for one Rises/Skyfall , we see being produced garbage after garbage after garbage. Its very nice that we had 2 big action movies like this in one year.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #318
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
TDKR is a better film than TWINE, but Sophie Marceau utterly trumps Cotillard (in this film) in beauty, vulnerability, sympathy, and villainous crazyness.

She could've been a great Talia a decade ago.

Can't disagree there. She would have made an ideal Talia back then.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #319
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,701
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

She's kinda flat (acting-wise). Marion is a much better actress.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #320
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,152
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
TDKR is a better film than TWINE, but Sophie Marceau utterly trumps Cotillard (in this film) in beauty, vulnerability, sympathy, and villainous crazyness.

She could've been a great Talia a decade ago.

Agreed. Just looking at her there in that pic she looks so much like comic book Talia. More than Cottiard does.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #321
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,582
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
TDKR is a better film than TWINE, but Sophie Marceau utterly trumps Cotillard (in this film) in beauty, vulnerability, sympathy, and villainous crazyness.

She could've been a great Talia a decade ago.

Yeah,she was my pick for Talia,back in the day.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #322
Spoonman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 390
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
She's kinda flat (acting-wise). Marion is a much better actress.
I completely disagree here. Marion was the worst performance in TDKR (death scene was laughable), I can't remember a performance from Sophie were I had a reaction like that.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #323
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

I think that death scene has unfortunately tainted Marion's whole performance in the movie for a lot of people. Bale has easily had his share of completely over the top moments as Batman throughout the trilogy, but I can forgive that because he's pretty much awesome in the role overall.

I thought she did fine as Tate. She had that mysterious allure to her, very classic femme fatale. The scene where she actually turns was really good I thought. When she says "feel the fire of 12 million souls...you failed", it's pretty chilling. Overall though, her character wasn't a movie highlight simply because you had Bale, Hardy, Hathaway and Caine lighting up the screen, with Oldman and JGL giving rock solid performances that grounded the movie. Miranda kind of seems like the odd one out in the story until the movie briefly brings her into focus.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 11-24-2012 at 04:10 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #324
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think that death scene has unfortunately tainted Marion's whole performance in the movie for a lot of people. Bale has easily had his share of completely over the top moments as Batman throughout the trilogy, but I can forgive that because he's pretty much awesome in the role overall.

I thought she did fine as Tate. She had that mysterious allure to her, very classic femme fatale. The scene where she actually turns was really good I thought. When she says "feel the fire of 12 million souls...you failed", it's pretty chilling. Overall though, her character wasn't a movie highlight simply because you had Bale, Hardy, Hathaway and Caine stealing way more scenes, with Oldman and JGL giving rock solid performances. Miranda kind of seems like the odd one out in the story until the movie briefly brings her into focus.
That really was a fantastic line and delivery. I definitely agree that the death scene taints (or should we say, tates, heeeyoh) her performance and she's fine throughout the rest of the film.

I will say though, after being mesmerized by her work in both Public Enemies and Inception, her performance here felt a bit.. flat.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #325
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
That really was a fantastic line and delivery. I definitely agree that the death scene taints (or should we say, tates, heeeyoh) her performance and she's fine throughout the rest of the film.

I will say though, after being mesmerized by her work in both Public Enemies and Inception, her performance here felt a bit.. flat.
Yeah, it certainly wasn't her best work by any means. And I think her playing another femme fatale in a Nolan film after Inception might have been a tad obvious (although I think Nolan kind of wanted to lean on this familiarity to his audience a bit to help "sell" her evilness)

Still though, it's kinda neat to think that this series featured Ra's and Talia al Ghul played by Oscar nominee Liam Neeson and Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.

More and more actually, Neeson's performance has become one of my favorites of the trilogy. I kind of took it for granted at first because on some level it's just Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson, but he really makes an amazing cinematic Ra's al Ghul and gives the role a lot of prestige. He makes you fully believe in the idea that Batman could feasibly take on 600 men because he just has that kind of commanding on-screen presence.

Really off topic I know.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.