Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #576
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: LOL "I'm Batman" - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdstone View Post
All those Bond crossovers are hilarious. Funny though that I at first didn't realize that Hal was Moore and Alan was an older Connery on this pic. But Sinestro without his classic mustache, am I missing out on someone here?
Christopher Lee is Sinestro.

I knew right away that Moore was Hal, but Alan looked like Moore to me too. But, I just assumed he was supposed to be Connery, which is correct.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #577
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Great stuff Lencho1.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #578
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Christopher Lee is Sinestro.

I knew right away that Moore was Hal, but Alan looked like Moore to me too. But, I just assumed he was supposed to be Connery, which is correct.
I think focusing on the textbubbles makes one not glancing over the faces at first. Well, Christopher Lee/Scaramanga, it's logic of course. Still, not as recognizable here as Moore and Connery IMHO.

Still a great pic, and I actually would love to see a situation in which Alan saves some of the lanterns from evil yellow forces by not being affected from it.

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #579
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Great stuff Lencho1.
Thanks!

Quote:
I think focusing on the textbubbles makes one not glancing over the faces at first. Well, Christopher Lee/Scaramanga, it's logic of course. Still, not as recognizable here as Moore and Connery IMHO.

Still a great pic, and I actually would love to see a situation in which Alan saves some of the lanterns from evil yellow forces by not being affected from it.
If I remember correctly, in one of the drafts for the GL film, Alan meets Hal. But, I think they were just talking outside of their superhero lives.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #580
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Quote:
Thanks!

If I remember correctly, in one of the drafts for the GL film, Alan meets Hal. But, I think they were just talking outside of their superhero lives.
That would have been a great scene to have.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #581
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Quote:
Wich just makes you think even more what an awesome superhero cbm Green Lantern could have been in the right hands. And I'm really not one of teh interwebs fanboys haters of the GL flick. But still..

Anyway, a little Power Girl theme below.

Quite embarrising, but I just can't remember the artist right now.

Amanda Conner

Adam Hughes

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #582
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
That would have been a great scene to have.

I think plenty of people wouldn't have liked it. Clowns, understandably, are kinda creepy.

Quote:
Wich just makes you think even more what an awesome superhero cbm Green Lantern could have been in the right hands. And I'm really not one of teh interwebs fanboys haters of the GL flick. But still..

Anyway, a little Power Girl theme below.

Quite embarrising, but I just can't remember the artist right now.

Amanda Conner

Adam Hughes

I wasn't a fan of the casting of Hal or how the suit looked. But, what bothered me the most was how boring I found the film to be.

I've been meaning to read that Superman/Batman comic after seeing the film. Just seemed odd so many people would trust Luthor. Also, felt like they just wanted to put in as many characters as possible or something.

"

Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #583
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of the casting of Hal or how the suit looked. But, what bothered me the most was how boring I found the film to be.

I've been meaning to read that Superman/Batman comic after seeing the film. Just seemed odd so many people would trust Luthor. Also, felt like they just wanted to put in as many characters as possible or something.
Well, remember, Post Crisis Luthor had a fairly squeaky clean public persona. In the public eye you've got a brilliant, accomplished businessman and scientist who seems like kind of an *******, not an ambition super villain with world shattering plans. He kept that part secret.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #584
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Well, remember, Post Crisis Luthor had a fairly squeaky clean public persona. In the public eye you've got a brilliant, accomplished businessman and scientist who seems like kind of an *******, not an ambition super villain with world shattering plans. He kept that part secret.
Yeah, I guess. But, it seemed felt like those superheroes were way too gullible unless they really knew nothing about what he was really like except for Superman and Batman.

Another thing I want to read is that missile Batman used against Captain Marvel. That really confused me when I saw the fight scene. I'd like to know if they explained it in anyway.

"

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #585
Anubis
Sup?

It was all a ploy supposedly. They weren't really following Luthor, they were just part of Batman's overly complicated plan.....I think.....it's been a while.

H.E.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #586
The Question

Quote:
Yeah, I guess. But, it seemed felt like those superheroes were way too gullible unless they really knew nothing about what he was really like except for Superman and Batman.
Well, in Captain Atom's case he was an active duty Air Force officer given a direct order by the Commander in Chief. Gullibility not really a factor there.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #587
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It was all a ploy supposedly. They weren't really following Luthor, they were just part of Batman's overly complicated plan.....I think.....it's been a while.
I guess it fits. I found the whole film to be ridiculously entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Well, in Captain Atom's case he was an active duty Air Force officer given a direct order by the Commander in Chief. Gullibility not really a factor there.
His case didn't bother me. It was just everyone else. I kept thinking of DCAU Superman saying "Lex Flipping Luthor."

"

Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #588
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #589
Anubis
Sup?

Bwha?

H.E.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #590
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't get it.

"

Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #591
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"

Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #592
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://badassdigest.com/2012/11/16/s...-save-hostess/

There are many more at the link.

"

Old 11-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #593
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Those were better days.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #594
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"

Last edited by Lencho01; 11-17-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #595
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Ah man that's some seriously funny X-fandom!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #596
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:

Now I want this to happen

Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #597
The Question

Not so much funny as completely awesome. In my opinion, the most respectable fan work ever.

http://www.madweasel.com/kattsaerie/...lem_index.html

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #598
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

That is pretty cool.

"

Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #599
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #600
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Closed Thread