The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Spider-Man animated series?
Spider-Man (1967 TV Series) 1 2.13%
Spider-Man (1981 TV Series) 0 0%
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends 1 2.13%
Spider-Man (1994 TV Series) 7 14.89%
Spider-Man Unlimited 0 0%
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1 2.13%
The Spectacular Spider-Man 36 76.60%
Ultimate Spider-Man 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Spider-Man's Animated Universe

I'm in my mid-30's and newer Spider-Man cartoons will always come along long after we're all dead that I'm quite happy with the cartoons of my youth.

Call me an old fart but I can watch Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends or 90's Spider-Man and not feel bored but I can't even watch two episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man without falling asleep.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #77
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I loved the original 60s show to death! Had I think the first "volume" (they did volumes then lol) on VHS... used to catch re-runs of the 80s so the theme just takes me back, but grew up on the Fox Kids show.... so which one do I pick? :S

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #78
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I'm in my mid-30's and newer Spider-Man cartoons will always come along long after we're all dead that I'm quite happy with the cartoons of my youth.

Call me an old fart but I can watch Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends or 90's Spider-Man and not feel bored but I can't even watch two episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man without falling asleep.
In your defense, so does everyone else who's watching USM

90s Spidey hit a really good mark, maybe I myself am biased towards that era of animation but it just seemed so much more mature than the stuff we got later on. I still love Spectacular because it felt like an Ultimate Spidey show from the comics, plus my 9-year-old cousin loved to talk about it a lot so I got into watching the thing. But yeah.

I'd like to point out though (just to piss someone off around here lol) that Spectacular was ages better than The Batman Show.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #79
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

edit (never mind, got what i was looking for)

Last edited by Nave 'Torment'; 11-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #80
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Ultimate is boring, ill-conceived, and keeps dredging up some of the worst moments in Marvel's history; we've already seen Hulk Goblin, Thor Frog, the Sidekick (Iron Spider) Suit AND Spider-Ham. And they managed to make each of these debacles worse. And it's only the first season. (Not that i'm anticipating a second.) Truth be told, the only reason why I know all this is because my son doesn't share my opinion of the series. He keeps watching it and insists on telling me about it-when I don't happen to walk in the room and see it.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote