The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #801
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Huge news from Major League Soccer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...1108--sow.html

And the rumors of a European return should pop up soon.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #802
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I don't buy for a second he's going to the A-League. IMO, that would be a step down, no offense. I don't see his family moving, they seem pretty settled here in the States. He does have that ownership clause with MLS so I could see him joining the Cosmos for a couple of years to secure their bid as a new expansion MLS side and take over in an ownership role. I don't see anyone in England taking a chance at him. There is that Celtic rumor stirred up by Snoop Do---I mean Lion.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #803
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I don't buy for a second he's going to the A-League. IMO, that would be a step down, no offense. I don't see his family moving, they seem pretty settled here in the States. He does have that ownership clause with MLS so I could see him joining the Cosmos for a couple of years to secure their bid as a new expansion MLS side and take over in an ownership role. I don't see anyone in England taking a chance at him. There is that Celtic rumor stirred up by Snoop Do---I mean Lion.
Yes, but he has no plans on retiring, so where does he end up until he does retire and own an MLS team? I think he stays at MLS, but ends up in New York as teammates with Theirry Henry (which could be a deadly combo).

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #804
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I think he stays in the states as well. Mostly because of his family situation. It's one of the reasons he didn't go to PSG when he had the chance.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #805
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
I think he stays in the states as well. Mostly because of his family situation. It's one of the reasons he didn't go to PSG when he had the chance.
Think he would be a teammate to Thierry Henry? They did miss playing together at Real Madrid by six months.

It would automatically make the Red Bulls the favorite (at least on paper) to win the 2013 MLS Cup.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #806
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

would any other united fans have him back, he's moved in to a more of a midfield have the ball ping it up to the striker type player

yeah its another old guy but at least he has proven he can still change a game, if its a sort super sub pay as play type deal i would be open to it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #807
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
would any other united fans have him back, he's moved in to a more of a midfield have the ball ping it up to the striker type player

yeah its another old guy but at least he has proven he can still change a game, if its a sort super sub pay as play type deal i would be open to it
And he can still score off a free kick and the occasional corner.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #808
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

My money's on PSG. I think Becks picks his clubs for his wife more than anything, and Victoria would love Paris.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #809
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Then why didn't he go last year when it was all but a done deal? I think even Posh realizes that her kids have only known one real home and that's LA. I would be shocked if they uprooted the whole family.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #810
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Some vile players Galatasaray have, the media here needs to examine real professional cheating before they label some of the players in the PL as harshly. Not saying they didn't merit the win although I felt we did enough for a point, but the antics all game long were disgusting.

Overall I was pleased with Jones, Powell and Cleverley, I thought they did well and overall the young team had a good outing under the conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Nope - ne never got anywhere near the first team while here - and although his dad is a Liverpool fan now (apparently)got way too involved in his career here - he'll end up a decent enough player I imagine, but nothing special there imo

I also extremely doubt we're in for Ali Al Habsi in Jan
I see, I haven't really followed his progress but he strikes me as a solid but overhyped English winger, I think you need to aim higher but I'm not sure Sturridge is the answer.

People being too quick to call Reina's demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I think I saw the end of Rio Ferdinand yesterday... outpaced by Snodgrass, Ian Harte used to get the better of him! Am I being unfair to say quality wise this PL season is still lacking?
I must admit watching Johnny Howson, Snodgrass and Brad Johnson in a yellow shirt is still the most depressing thing I've seen since nil by mouth.
The quality of the Prem is low right now, just look at how Chelsea and City have struggled against good European teams in the CL, and while looking at the points suggests United have coasted through we have actually had to battle for the points against teams that are in tier 3 and 4 of European football.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #811
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Lime02 View Post
My money's on PSG. I think Becks picks his clubs for his wife more than anything, and Victoria would love Paris.
I heard that Victoria also loves New York, which makes sense since it's the fashion capital of America.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #812
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Think he would be a teammate to Thierry Henry? They did miss playing together at Real Madrid by six months.

It would automatically make the Red Bulls the favorite (at least on paper) to win the 2013 MLS Cup.
Henry didnt play for Madrid?

I would like to see him in Europe again personally - i think if he were to stay in the states it would be quite harsh on the Galaxy fans

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #813
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I see, I haven't really followed his progress but he strikes me as a solid but overhyped English winger, I think you need to aim higher but I'm not sure Sturridge is the answer.

People being too quick to call Reina's demise?
He is very average, can see him being Downing quality (in his prome) at the very best tbh - he will get media attention more as he left a big club to try and make it elsewhere, always happens when and English yute leaves a big team (look at the recent media focus on Pogba)

and speaking of Pogba Juve were fantastic tonight, watched it with my ex whos a Chelsea fan and they never looked like they were n it at all

caught a lil bit of United Gala - and echo what you said they have a filthy mentality and some dirt fans

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #814
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Henry didnt play for Madrid?

I would like to see him in Europe again personally - i think if he were to stay in the states it would be quite harsh on the Galaxy fans
My mistake.

Anyway. The Galaxy is undergoing a major transition. I think AEG is going to sell the team and Landon Donovan is contemplating retirement.

Goal.com already has a list of players Los Angeles could pursue to replace Beckham with Frank Lampard the most likely choice. Other names include Didier Drogba, Ronaldinho, Freddy Adu and Darren Bent

http://www.goal.com/en-us/slideshow/...five-potential

They also have a list of destinations Beckham could go to next:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/slideshow/...e-destinations

1. Back to England
2. Celtic with the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg
3. AC Milan return
4. Australia
5. New York Red Bulls

Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #815
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
I heard that Victoria also loves New York, which makes sense since it's the fashion capital of America.
Rumor was she was shopping around for apartments there last month.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #816
B
[insert witty comment]

Didn't bother watching the United match after I'd read about a handful of the players going. Seemed like a match Ferguson didn't really care about given that we'd already qualified. I'm somewhat surprised it was only 1-0 as Galatasaray's stadium in itself is probably the most intimidating in European football. Their supporters are very aggressive & very loud.. it will have been a nice learning curve for some of the younger players in the lineup.

On Saturday I hope Ferguson fields a very attacking side against QPR. We know they will be coming to Old Trafford to defend, so lets make sure they are pinned back in their own box for the whole game.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #817
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Seriously what has happened to English teams suddenly? This will come back to bite them in the ass if the Prem loses its 4th champions league spot. People think it can never happen but that's because our results have been amazing every year for years. Doesn't take long to fall as Serie A will tell you. At least that will put paid to teams who do absolutely whatever it takes to get to 4th place and then don't even try if they get put into the UEFA cup.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #818
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Rumors have Thierry Henry going back on loan to Arsenal in January. He's been training with the club and Wenger said he wouldn't rule it out to cope with the loss of Gervinho and the scoring powerhouse that is Marouane Chamakh due to African Cup of Nations.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #819
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Rumors have Thierry Henry going back on loan to Arsenal in January. He's been training with the club and Wenger said he wouldn't rule it out to cope with the loss of Gervinho and the scoring powerhouse that is Marouane Chamakh due to African Cup of Nations.
When Henry gets back to MLS, he might have Beckham as a teammate.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #820
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
They already have Messi, Villa, Tello, Alexis, Pedro, Cuenca. Neymar will join in '14 and there are some talented boys like Deulofeu too. So don't think so.
Aye, but Messi plays centrally, Villa, Tello, Alexis and (potentially) Neymar all play on the left hand side of a 3-man attack. If you were to think of Walcott as a right sided player...then the chance gets a little higher. I did say it was a cheeky bid!

Quote:
Huge news from Major League Soccer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...1108--sow.html

And the rumors of a European return should pop up soon.
My personal theory is that this has been planned since last year, I think Beckham has done Galaxy a favour by playing another year, helping them to get to another MLS Cup Final, and waiting for Frank Lampards contract to expire at Chelsea, so Galaxy can get him on the cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Seriously what has happened to English teams suddenly? This will come back to bite them in the ass if the Prem loses its 4th champions league spot. People think it can never happen but that's because our results have been amazing every year for years. Doesn't take long to fall as Serie A will tell you. At least that will put paid to teams who do absolutely whatever it takes to get to 4th place and then don't even try if they get put into the UEFA cup.
I think if you average it out, English teams have done OK in recent years. I doubt we'll lose the 4th spot, Italian teams have been spotty so they are not getting there spot back, and what other country is there?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #821
bapi
Side-Kick

Di Matteo sacked! Abramovich is a complete idiot! Doubt Pep would want to work under him! Benitez likely...

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 11-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #822
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I think Chelsea should get Harry Rednap for the rest of the season, but then again Chelsea need to get rid of some of there players that's seriously underperforming, I think Di Matteo should have just left after the champions league victory.

Abramovich was bound to do this, his been doing it for the last 6years.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #823
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Chelsea are ridiculous - why sack the man who won them their first ever champions league and an FA cup last year after 10 games? give a manager a ****ing chance their team is aging as it is and they have no stability - ridiculous decision

Hope Benitez doesnt go there for hi sown sake

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #824
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Telling you now, they have said an announcement will be made later today.

I've got a feeling old Jose is coming back

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #825
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

cant see Jose up and leaving Madrid mid season

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Closed Thread