The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #476
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

http://www.mediaite.com/online/creat...-the-election/

Quote:
Creator Of ‘Unskewed Polls’ Has New Website ‘Barack O’Fraudo’ Claiming Obama Stole The Election

In the final few months of the election, conservative blogger Dean Chambers created the website UnSkewedPolls, unskewing polls that he argued showed bias against the Republicans. The day after the election, Chambers admitted that he was wrong, but now he’s back with another website, this time claiming that President Obama and the Democrats stole the election.

Chambers’ new site, Barack O’Fraudo, claims that Obama only carried swing states Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Florida because of widespread voter fraud on the part of the Democrats. He writes that Democrats “are known for years for stuffing the ballot boxes” in specific counties in these states.

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #477
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

...how?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #478
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
...how?
Voter Fraud(I think he was going by the fact their was a few precincts that Romney got 0 votes(which I would assume would be heavily poor black/minority areas))

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #479
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

I know.

But does he explain 'how'?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #480
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,233
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

One of my pet peeves is people who just can't admit when they're wrong.

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #481
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,327
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Probably the funniest thing about his arguments for Ohio and Florida is that both state's elections are run by REPUBLICAN Secretaries of State. You would think that would have nudged thing in Romeny's favor, wouldn't you?

Hotwire is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #482
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I know.

But does he explain 'how'?
If you click on his site Barack O'Fraudo just click on the black states. lol

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #483
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Speaking of great Republican ideas

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...r-republicans/

Quote:
Ohio’s GOP Secretary of State Already Has A Plan To Rig The 2016 Election For Republicans

Last year, Pennsylvania’s Republican Gov. Tom Corbett proposed rigging the Electoral College vote in his state through a plan that would have given the majority of the state’s electors to Romney even after President Obama carried the state. Under Corbett’s plan, the winner of each congressional district within Pennsylvania would receive a single electoral vote, and the overall winner of the state would receive an additional two electoral votes. Had this plan been in place last Tuesday, Mitt Romney would likely have won 13 of the state’s 20 electoral votes, despite losing the state overall by more than five points.

Corbett’s election-rigging plan died, largely because Republican members of Congress in Pennsylvania feared that it would cause the Obama campaign to shift resources into their districts and endanger their own chances of being reelected. Now, however, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R)– who spent much of 2012 inventing ways to prevent pro-Obama votes from being cast or counted — wants to revive this election rigging scheme. According to the Ohio political blog Plunderbund,
Husted’s solution to this perceived problem of Democrats and the national media picking on him? He says we should make Ohio less important in the election by dividing up our electoral votes by Congressional district. This is huge and should raise giant red flags. Under the current winner-take-all system, Obama won all 18 of Ohio’s electoral votes. Under Husted’s plan, 12 of those 18 electoral votes would be handed to Mitt Romney, the popular vote loser.

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #484
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Yeah, that's not rigging.

The states get to determine how Electoral Votes are given out. Three states give them out proportionally, not using winner-take-all. This is one of the proportional methods (can't remember if it's being used by those states, or if they do straight percentages). It gives each district the vote granted to it for each Representative. The two votes granted to the State for the senators is given through the winner-take-all method to represent the State's vote as a whole.

There's a good bit of support for methods like this because it breaks up the 'battleground' state situation, forcing candidates to focus on smaller, and more widespread, populations.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #485
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Yeah, that's not rigging.

The states get to determine how Electoral Votes are given out. Three states give them out proportionally, not using winner-take-all. This is one of the proportional methods (can't remember if it's being used by those states, or if they do straight percentages). It gives each district the vote granted to it for each Representative. The two votes granted to the State for the senators is given through the winner-take-all method to represent the State's vote as a whole.

There's a good bit of support for methods like this because it breaks up the 'battleground' state situation, forcing candidates to focus on smaller, and more widespread, populations.
It also makes everywhere but Cincinnati and Columbus pointless. I am guessing all the cash thrown into the state every 4 years is a economic boom for the state. But hey it helps the Republicans

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #486
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

you're talking about the old way, right?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #487
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
you're talking about the old way, right?
What do you mean old way?

Basically if you divide the electoral votes by district it means there is like 12-13 of 16 congressional districts in Ohio that their is absolutely no point for either party to campaign in(ie pour money into). Added negative about this if the Democrats put more efforts into closer districts, they might win a couple more congressional house seats

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #488
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

no, it means the opposite.

Instead of being able to win a state by just catering to a couple of the larger population centers, candidates will have to win the actual districts.

And in a state like California, where most of the districts are actually red, it means that the Republicans can count on a good number of EC votes from here. It also means the Dems can't just focus their money on the big liberal urban centers like SF and LA that pull the state just from their sheer population size. They'll have to put money into the smaller districts, which can make the Republican spending in the big cities more effective.

Basically, it makes both sides work harder. Which is a good thing.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #489
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,119
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
no, it means the opposite.

Instead of being able to win a state by just catering to a couple of the larger population centers, candidates will have to win the actual districts.

And in a state like California, where most of the districts are actually red, it means that the Republicans can count on a good number of EC votes from here. It also means the Dems can't just focus their money on the big liberal urban centers like SF and LA that pull the state just from their sheer population size. They'll have to put money into the smaller districts, which can make the Republican spending in the big cities more effective.

Basically, it makes both sides work harder. Which is a good thing.
Considering the red districts tend to have less population id rather it not go that way. Last thing I want is a bunch of rural low population areas ruling the election. And wouldnt gerrymandering be a problem?

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 11-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #490
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Considering the red districts tend to have less population id rather it not go that way. Last thing I want is a bunch of rural low population areas ruling the election.
I agree, I am no fan of the electoral college and think the winner of the popular vote should be the overall winner, but splitting it by congressional districts is even worse then the electoral college, it makes small rural areas have more power. I believe 1 vote should = 1 vote no matter where it comes from

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #491
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,270
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

except doing it be district brings it close to a popular vote.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #492
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,476
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

I get really tired of these people with no conception of or respect for separation of church and state trying to legislate morality based on their personal interpretation of their religion.

You can believe whatever values you want, but don't expect me to live by them.

Because frankly, I think your values are poison.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #493
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
except doing it be district brings it close to a popular vote.
No it doesn't, as Marvelo pointed out if you have states gerrymandering the districts you would have cases like Ohio where Obama won the popular vote there by a decent margin(100k) but would lose the electoral votes(12-6) by a large margin. How is that fair? it's basically telling people in Cleveland that your vote is not worth as much as somebody who lives in a small rural area.

I am guessing if we broke up the entire country by 1 vote for congressional district(and any left over electoral vote goes to the winner of the state) Romney would win, even though he had 4M less votes. In terms of Electoral College vs Popular Vote it has only failed on 4 occasions, I am guessing the Congressional district split would have even a less of a success rate


Last edited by SV Fan; 11-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #494
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,768
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I get really tired of these people with no conception of or respect for separation of church and state trying to legislate morality based on their personal interpretation of their religion.

You can believe whatever values you want, but don't expect me to live by them.

Because frankly, I think your values are poison.
I do think this is going to causes unprecedented problems though.

In the past, people disagreed, but they agreed on certain truths. That's out the window now.

Now, I know, you have some people who say that someone's views on science are irrelevant, but when you have people who claim that homosexuality is a sin, who pass civil rights legislation... you have a civil rights problem.

When you have people who think the world is 9,000 year olds, and that dinosaurs and people coexisted, you're going to have academic legislation written by the uneducated / miseducated, you have an educational problem.

When you have people who deny climate change exists... when entire cities start getting taken out by super hurricanes, you have one hell of a problem.

So this is quite problematic.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #495
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,476
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

I will not accept my legal equality being constrained because someone else has a primitive mentality. Not my problem.

Stupidity is one of the few things genuinely worthy of being ashamed of, and the fact that some wear it loudly and publicly like a badge of honor should horrify any American.

These rabble have been holding this country back for ages now.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #496
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,768
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I will not accept my legal equality being constrained because someone else has a primitive mentality. Not my problem.
Whoa now, careful, you might offend someone.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #497
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,476
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Again, not my problem.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #498
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Probably the funniest thing about his arguments for Ohio and Florida is that both state's elections are run by REPUBLICAN Secretaries of State. You would think that would have nudged thing in Romeny's favor, wouldn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
It also makes everywhere but Cincinnati and Columbus pointless. I am guessing all the cash thrown into the state every 4 years is a economic boom for the state. But hey it helps the Republicans
I think "winner take all" is the only way to go.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #499
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,287
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Lol i just mean moving with socially acceptable standards and morals and adhering to the known scientific facts of the time. You know, the opposite of antiquated ass backwardness.

Tho i would like to know why you connect progressiveness with quakers who unless memory fails are not considered progressive.
Oh they are and it's more complicated than that. Taking the god out of religion doesn't make you any less creepier and zealot like.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #500
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I think "winner take all" is the only way to go.
I think popular vote is the way to go

Let 1 vote in San Fransisco = 1 vote in Columbus = 1 vote in some small rural town in Alabama.

As it stands now only 1 vote of the 3 I mentioned means anything

SV Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.