The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #126
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So, I thought the footage Frigga posted suggested that it is Malekith he is pushing back out of frame.
The footage Frigga posted I think is a different scene from what princehals posted about seeing being rehearsed. It really doesnt look like Malekith jumps on him like that. LOL Here is my rundown of what I believe is happening there from the other thread.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxHDzyLqjE

From what I can tell. Selvig and Jane hurry through the building, some dark elves rush up the steps into the building, and put up weapons at Jane and Selvig, somebody comes from the direction Jane and Selvig came from and says something to them (not Thor), and the Dark Elves chase him rather than go after Jane and Selvig (they just stand there), then when they are gone Malekith comes in and walks calmly towards Jane and Selvig who just stand there. Then apparently Thor arrives from behind Jane and Selvig because next thing you know Thor with red cape is pushing Malekith backwards (Malekith is not jumped up on him, just being pushed back) they go out of view. Jane and Selvig just keep standing there (I can tell this is Jane because she appears to have red boots on, btw and Selvig has that bag). Then two people seeming in regular earth clothes who have been waiting behind the pillars in view of the camera run over to them. I am assuming this is Darcy in the grey coat and skinny guy. (coming in the same direction Malekith came from)

I do not think the guy who comes in and distracts the Dark Elves from Jane and Selvig (they do see them there) is Thor. But the Elves definitely seem interested in pursuing him. Intriguing. It looks like he's distracting their attention from Jane and Selvig.
I've looked at it a bunch of times, particularly that guy. he may have something shiny on his arm, but no cape, so I think he may actually be another Elf following Jane and Selvig, and then something happens that we can't see that makes them all rush away. So there is someone/something also involved in distracting them from Jane and Selvig there. But I dont know what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
!!!!!!!!!! Suspense is killing me!!
Me too!!!!!!!!!!


Thought you might like the bit about Thor and Jane here, AM.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-robopocalypse

Quote:
They asked him about if there would be a rift between Thor and Natalie Portman's Jane for not saying 'Hi' while on Earth for The Avengers.

"Definitely. For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in 'Avengers.' Thor might have some explaining to do in this one....There's some fun to be had with that...And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from 'Thor' to 'Avengers' to now."


Last edited by elizah72; 11-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #127
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
edit: and adding this interesting bit of info as well (credit to herolee for first reporting)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...one-phase-two/

So American Maid your idea about what Jane is doing seems more and more likely. Good job!
BTW, *"Foster Theory"*! That's my girl! Missed that on the first viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Thought you might like the bit about Thor and Jane here, AM.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-robopocalypse
Thanks. Apparently, Thor has some 'splainin' to do. Lol. I agree; they could have some fun with that!

I had wondered off and on if Eric would let him use his mobile or whatever. This suggests not!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #128
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

So, for a plot tie in: In the alternate Thor1 ending, Jane says, "if he can't get here on his own... maybe we can help him find his way back." The events of The Avengers suggest to Jane that, well, maybe finding his way back is not a top priority. So, perhaps instead she decides to point her portal at another realm instead (and . . . perhaps chooses poorly).

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #129
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So, for a plot tie in: In the alternate Thor1 ending, Jane says, "if he can't get here on his own... maybe we can help him find his way back." The events of The Avengers suggest to Jane that, well, maybe finding his way back is not a top priority. So, perhaps instead she decides to point her portal at another realm instead (and . . . perhaps chooses poorly).
that very well could be something. This is the god of thunder, so jane, excuse you if Thor has other things to handle, like you know, saving your world, and then taking the villain back to asgard, he simply did not have time to get back to her.

Reading that, that she will be angry with him for not visiting made me cringe, and will make me hate her even more. Honestly, he just saved your planet, and needed to take the prisonor back home to answer for his crimes.

jane, he didn't have time to. Even if he did, so what if you weren't a priority? This isn't a guy you met, and who you are expecting to show up like an ordiniary guy. This is the being from another dimension, who is thousands of years old. The being that vikings refered to as the god of thunder. So excuse him if he had other godly things to take care of.

honestly, and I appologize if I offend anyone

but **** jane foster in the mcu. far and away my least favorite character in the mcu. And reading this just made it even worse. im pissed off now

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #130
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,862
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
that very well could be something. This is the god of thunder, so jane, excuse you if Thor has other things to handle, like you know, saving your world, and then taking the villain back to asgard, he simply did not have time to get back to her.

Reading that, that she will be angry with him for not visiting made me cringe, and will make me hate her even more. Honestly, he just saved your planet, and needed to take the prisonor back home to answer for his crimes.

jane, he didn't have time to. Even if he did, so what if you weren't a priority? This isn't a guy you met, and who you are expecting to show up like an ordiniary guy. This is the being from another dimension, who is thousands of years old. The being that vikings refered to as the god of thunder. So excuse him if he had other godly things to take care of.

honestly, and I appologize if I offend anyone

but **** jane foster in the mcu. far and away my least favorite character in the mcu. And reading this just made it even worse. im pissed off now
jaqua99, people in interviews often don't use the best choice of words to describe situations, because they are nervous, so I wouldn't hold to much weight on the comment. I mean I could be wrong, but I really don't think they will have Jane be angry with Thor for not seeing her after the events of the Avengers, (as her character would come off appearing selfish and unlikeable). To me that is not the type of portrait they want to paint for their two star crossed lovers. Now that is not to suggest she won't be sad that he was unable to visit, because after all she missed him, but mad I doubt it.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #131
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,862
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So, for a plot tie in: In the alternate Thor1 ending, Jane says, "if he can't get here on his own... maybe we can help him find his way back." The events of The Avengers suggest to Jane that, well, maybe finding his way back is not a top priority. So, perhaps instead she decides to point her portal at another realm instead (and . . . perhaps chooses poorly).
Just keep in mind that events that happen in alternate endings are not considered canon. So, while they are fun to watch these events do not exist within the Marvel movie universe, and it's information is really irrelevant in that it can not be used to help speculate on other events that happen within the movies.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #132
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So, for a plot tie in: In the alternate Thor1 ending, Jane says, "if he can't get here on his own... maybe we can help him find his way back." The events of The Avengers suggest to Jane that, well, maybe finding his way back is not a top priority. So, perhaps instead she decides to point her portal at another realm instead (and . . . perhaps chooses poorly).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
that very well could be something. This is the god of thunder, so jane, excuse you if Thor has other things to handle, like you know, saving your world, and then taking the villain back to asgard, he simply did not have time to get back to her.

Reading that, that she will be angry with him for not visiting made me cringe, and will make me hate her even more. Honestly, he just saved your planet, and needed to take the prisonor back home to answer for his crimes.

jane, he didn't have time to. Even if he did, so what if you weren't a priority? This isn't a guy you met, and who you are expecting to show up like an ordiniary guy. This is the being from another dimension, who is thousands of years old. The being that vikings refered to as the god of thunder. So excuse him if he had other godly things to take care of.

honestly, and I appologize if I offend anyone

but **** jane foster in the mcu. far and away my least favorite character in the mcu. And reading this just made it even worse. im pissed off now
Well, I'm sorry. I only meant to have fun with the idea of some friction between Thor and Jane (probably prompted by Hemsworth's comment, "Thor might have some explaining to do in this one. . . .There's some fun to be had with that.") I didn't mean to provoke you. (I have been trying not to say much about Jane because I know that for some she is such an irritation, and I'm only trying to have fun here on the Hype.)

We were kind of discussing this over in the Jane Foster thread, so I think I will post the rest of my reply over there.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #133
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
So, for a plot tie in: In the alternate Thor1 ending, Jane says, "if he can't get here on his own... maybe we can help him find his way back." The events of The Avengers suggest to Jane that, well, maybe finding his way back is not a top priority. So, perhaps instead she decides to point her portal at another realm instead (and . . . perhaps chooses poorly).
Well I think it's a complicated thing, and she isn't necessarily going to guess correctly the first time. And so open a portal to the wrong place, which goes back to my initial concern about why they would allow her to do that in the first place, knowing what could be on the other side. But I suppose it'll work if they do that. And I think considering the alt. ending that is likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Just keep in mind that events that happen in alternate endings are not considered canon. So, while they are fun to watch these events do not exist within the Marvel movie universe, and it's information is really irrelevant in that it can not be used to help speculate on other events that happen within the movies.
Yes I agree, but they are often an indication on what general direction they may be going in, in the future, or what the initial intention was of a scene. So, yes I do think it's likely we will see something similar going on with her in Thor 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, I'm sorry. I only meant to have fun with the idea of some friction between Thor and Jane (probably prompted by Hemsworth's comment, "Thor might have some explaining to do in this one. . . .There's some fun to be had with that.") I didn't mean to provoke you. (I have been trying not to say much about Jane because I know that for some she is such an irritation, and I'm only trying to have fun here on the Hype.)

We were kind of discussing this over in the Jane Foster thread, so I think I will post the rest of my reply over there.
I think Hemsworth was joking around. And if there is a bit of humor about him awkwardly explaining why he didnt say hello? So what? This movie is going to need a bit of humor because what I am seeing so far is DARK! So it needs lightening up here and there! (which is probably why Darcy is back)

I'll note again here, in case you miss it AM, the gadget she has in her hands in the picture with Selvig taken a day or two ago, is also in her hands in the video when she chases after Thor in front of the white bus, so this item is likely of some signifigance, possibly to do with her portal research.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #134
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I think Hemsworth was joking around. And if there is a bit of humor about him awkwardly explaining why he didnt say hello? So what? This movie is going to need a bit of humor because what I am seeing so far is DARK! So it needs lightening up here and there! (which is probably why Darcy is back).
That's probably true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I'll note again here, in case you miss it AM, the gadget she has in her hands in the picture with Selvig taken a day or two ago, is also in her hands in the video when she chases after Thor in front of the white bus, so this item is likely of some signifigance, possibly to do with her portal research.
Yeah, I agree. Hooray for science!

I should probably go back to Thor1 and look at which she's wielding in the tornado sequence to see if it looks the same. It's hard to see detail in the pics we've seen so far. (Actually, it kind of reminded me of Spock's tricorder lol!)

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #135
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

From other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
And found these which were recently uploaded, but I think from the Bourne Wood shoot.


sharing this here for possible discussion.

See these guys again make me think Vanir, mainly because of the horses, and the horns and outfits are all reminicent of some of the Asgardian gear, but darker and dirtier. Could also still be Hela's army, but horses? (though maybe they will cgi them to look like demonic horses)

I do think a story with the Vanir vs Asgardians is very Game of Thrones and would be fascinating to see play out on screen. Hm... we're still missing so many pieces to the puzzle!

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #136
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

If Thor yells "Have at thee!" at Kurse at some point in the film I can die happy.

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #137
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Man the costumes remind so much of this version of Heimdall .... love it.


Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #138
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Man the costumes remind so much of this version of Heimdall .... love it.

Exactly! And actually I've read that Heimdall might have been originally of the Vanir. But in any case, how about this idea.

At the beginning of the movie we have the Vanir coming into the outskirts of Asgard (or Nornheim, whichever you prefer) and they know that the bi frost is gone, and Odin is weakening so they are taking this opportunity to break their peace with Asgard and encroach on the Asgardians power over the 9 realms. This could be orchestrated by Surtur, or Malekith, or Hela, or it could simply be totally the Vanir's own doing, being sick of letting the Asgardian's run things. That part doesn't really matter, because what this then sets up is a distraction both for the audience and for the Asgardians for a chunk of the film, to deal with while other forces make plans for attack (whether that be again Malekith, Hela or Surtur or all of the above). I do think that the Asgardians are going to be hit from more than one side here throughout the film, as that seems necessary to believably cause them such devastation. I do feel confident that either Surtur or Hela will be involved, due to that "for all intents and purposes hell breaks loose" remark of Tom Hiddleston's which could point at either villain, however I'm not sure which or both will be involved.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #139
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Exactly! And actually I've read that Heimdall might have been originally of the Vanir. But in any case, how about this idea.

At the beginning of the movie we have the Vanir coming into the outskirts of Asgard (or Nornheim, whichever you prefer) and they know that the bi frost is gone, and Odin is weakening so they are taking this opportunity to break their peace with Asgard and encroach on the Asgardians power over the 9 realms. This could be orchestrated by Surtur, or Malekith, or Hela, or it could simply be totally the Vanir's own doing, being sick of letting the Asgardian's run things. That part doesn't really matter, because what this then sets up is a distraction both for the audience and for the Asgardians for a chunk of the film, to deal with while other forces make plans for attack (whether that be again Malekith, Hela or Surtur or all of the above). I do think that the Asgardians are going to be hit from more than one side here throughout the film, as that seems necessary to believably cause them such devastation. I do feel confident that either Surtur or Hela will be involved, due to that "for all intents and purposes hell breaks loose" remark of Tom Hiddleston's which could point at either villain, however I'm not sure which or both will be involved.
I think it makes sense for there to be several sides on which Asgard is hit. That seems more realistic, less neat and tidy.

And I like your idea that these dudes riding the horses might be Vanir.

And I agree with Rock Sexton, that they look rather like that one badass Heimdall panel!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #140
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think it makes sense for there to be several sides on which Asgard is hit. That seems more realistic, less neat and tidy.

And I like your idea that these dudes riding the horses might be Vanir.

And I agree with Rock Sexton, that they look rather like that one badass Heimdall panel!
and it could be that in the end whenever Surtur/Hela comes into the fray, that the Vanir decide to side with the Asgardians at that point in order to stop that threat to the whole 9 realms.... possibly. The Asgardian's and Vanir do have a history of fighting and then making up so I think this is plausible.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #141
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

<Jane opening portals>
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Well I think it's a complicated thing, and she isn't necessarily going to guess correctly the first time. And so open a portal to the wrong place, which goes back to my initial concern about why they would allow her to do that in the first place, knowing what could be on the other side. But I suppose it'll work if they do that. And I think considering the alt. ending that is likely.
Well, any (old) Star Trek episode would remind us that it's in human nature to wonder what's out there, and to go find out The big difference here is that it's not a dude who is inspired to take the risk.

Here's another variant: maybe Jane opens a portal to Alfheim (figuring maybe Thor's silence is a hint and going to Asgard would be awkward for everyone), since there are also lots of myths about (light) elves, and that trip goes perfectly fine. The dark elves might be more likely to have spies there, and that brings their attention to Earth. That would allow us to check that realm (Alfheim) off the list.

Of course, if the plot unfolds like Surfer put forward, going to Alfheim could be even worse! lol

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #142
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
<Jane opening portals>
Well, any (old) Star Trek episode would remind us that it's in human nature to wonder what's out there, and to go find out The big difference here is that it's not a dude who is inspired to take the risk.

Here's another variant: maybe Jane opens a portal to Alfheim (figuring maybe Thor's silence is a hint and going to Asgard would be awkward for everyone), since there are also lots of myths about (light) elves, and that trip goes perfectly fine. The dark elves might be more likely to have spies there, and that brings their attention to Earth. That would allow us to check that realm (Alfheim) off the list.l
or another alternate, which ties in the possession thing.

Jane is trying to make portals to different places, but this is dangerous (as I've pointed out. ). Heimdall sees this and tells Thor and Odin and Odin sends him down again to talk to her about that and get her to stop. He winds up taking her back to Asgard for a time, hoping she might get the answers she needs from Odin and she will stop. So then they spend time getting to know each other during the course of most of the film up there. Shortly after her arrival Asgard is attacked and is hit hard so Thor has to go for reinforcements with Loki (I dont buy the she goes on this trek with them rumor, but maybe). in the meantime it's revealed that Malekith and his army are invading Earth (probably via Heimdall). Jane begs Thor to stop the dark elves, Thor has responsibility to Asgard, but finally agrees to go and someone sends them down (Jane or Loki or Odin, whatever).

So they go back together, Jane finds Erik and Darcy and skinny guy and they run around the place and try to keep away from Dark Elves. Thor fights Malekith, Algrim and the dark elves. Jane sees Thor is not having an easy time (from the pictures Thor is in for a hell of a fight with Malekith) and she and Erik decide to try to help by making another portal to send the Elves back through. But then something goes wrong with that portal and something comes through and possesses Jane then. So then she becomes like the Beyonder, and no longer in control of what she does, then that makes her powerful enough to change Algrim to Kurse, probably after Malekith betrays him. And once that is done, or at the end of the fight on Earth, she goes off like the Beyonder does in the comics, and Thor is heartbroken because he doesn't know if he'll ever see her again.

kinda random bringing the Beyonder part in like that, but that is what happens in the comics so... *shrugs* Big cliff hanger for future films that way, anyway.... and the trip to Asgard and Odin's warnings would create nice foreshadowing of what is to come.

I know there may be a few holes that need filling but this is just a loose idea on how it could go.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #143
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, I'm sorry. I only meant to have fun with the idea of some friction between Thor and Jane (probably prompted by Hemsworth's comment, "Thor might have some explaining to do in this one. . . .There's some fun to be had with that.") I didn't mean to provoke you. (I have been trying not to say much about Jane because I know that for some she is such an irritation, and I'm only trying to have fun here on the Hype.)

We were kind of discussing this over in the Jane Foster thread, so I think I will post the rest of my reply over there.
lmfao, it has nothing to do with you. You didn't provoke me. Jane foster did. The fact that she may be snotty cause thor didn't visit her irritates me. You stated that interview american maid, but you aren't the one who wrote the script, or is playing jane. No need to appologize to me whatsoever

I just dont like jane foster (if you haven't figured that one out yet :P)

and I have to say this here. Cause I cannot bring my self to entering the....jane foster thread...*cringe and wince*

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #144
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
From other thread:



sharing this here for possible discussion.

See these guys again make me think Vanir, mainly because of the horses, and the horns and outfits are all reminicent of some of the Asgardian gear, but darker and dirtier. Could also still be Hela's army, but horses? (though maybe they will cgi them to look like demonic horses)

I do think a story with the Vanir vs Asgardians is very Game of Thrones and would be fascinating to see play out on screen. Hm... we're still missing so many pieces to the puzzle!
From what I remember, this is a mauruders army or whatever that was suppose to be. I stopped speculating on these guys, cause honestly, I just can't put my finger on it. I haven't got the slightest clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
If Thor yells "Have at thee!" at Kurse at some point in the film I can die happy.
oh my god! sreiosuly.

or even if it is a MCU modified version, if he yells "have at you kurse" that would work for me too

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #145
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
or another alternate, which ties in the possession thing.

Jane is trying to make portals to different places, but this is dangerous (as I've pointed out. ). Heimdall sees this and tells Thor and Odin and Odin sends him down again to talk to her about that and get her to stop. He winds up taking her back to Asgard for a time, hoping she might get the answers she needs from Odin and she will stop. So then they spend time getting to know each other during the course of most of the film up there. Shortly after her arrival Asgard is attacked and is hit hard so Thor has to go for reinforcements with Loki (I dont buy the she goes on this trek with them rumor, but maybe). in the meantime it's revealed that Malekith and his army are invading Earth (probably via Heimdall). Jane begs Thor to stop the dark elves, Thor has responsibility to Asgard, but finally agrees to go and someone sends them down (Jane or Loki or Odin, whatever).

So they go back together, Jane finds Erik and Darcy and skinny guy and they run around the place and try to keep away from Dark Elves. Thor fights Malekith, Algrim and the dark elves. Jane sees Thor is not having an easy time (from the pictures Thor is in for a hell of a fight with Malekith) and she and Erik decide to try to help by making another portal to send the Elves back through. But then something goes wrong with that portal and something comes through and possesses Jane then. So then she becomes like the Beyonder, and no longer in control of what she does, then that makes her powerful enough to change Algrim to Kurse, probably after Malekith betrays him. And once that is done, or at the end of the fight on Earth, she goes off like the Beyonder does in the comics, and Thor is heartbroken because he doesn't know if he'll ever see her again.

kinda random bringing the Beyonder part in like that, but that is what happens in the comics so... *shrugs* Big cliff hanger for future films that way, anyway.... and the trip to Asgard and Odin's warnings would create nice foreshadowing of what is to come.

I know there may be a few holes that need filling but this is just a loose idea on how it could go.
That pretty much fits the clues we have, too. I assume Thor will fight Kurse, or do you mean that to take place right after the transformation?

Keeps Surtur in Thor3, too.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #146
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
That pretty much fits the clues we have, too. I assume Thor will fight Kurse, or do you mean that to take place right after the transformation?

Keeps Surtur in Thor3, too.
Well I am thinking in this scenario, that Surtur would be more interested in getting to Asgard and Odin etc, than bothering with Malekith's invasion of Earth. so I am not sure he'd bother with changing Algrim to fight Thor if Thor is stuck on Earth and out of his way at the time anyway. And if he has that power then why not change all of Malekith's dark elves to get rid of Thor and wreck the place? The same for Malekith doing it himself. No it makes more sense for a 3rd party with a personality like the Beyonder to do it, just out of curiosity about how this world works (I think you mentioned he was curious about how vengeance worked, right?).

I think it would have to happen shortly after the transformation, if you want Jane andThor to actually fall in love and get to know each other. Otherwise you have Thor getting to know this entity,not Jane (which could happen instead, but it doesn't go along with what has been talked about by Chris and Feige )

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #147
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Well I am thinking in this scenario, that Surtur would be more interested in getting to Asgard and Odin etc, than bothering with Malekith's invasion of Earth. so I am not sure he'd bother with changing Algrim to fight Thor if Thor is stuck on Earth and out of his way at the time anyway. And if he has that power then why not change all of Malekith's dark elves to get rid of Thor and wreck the place? The same for Malekith doing it himself.
Ha! That's a really good point! Why Kurse and not everyone else? And if Thor is out of the way, why bother at all? (Though Odin is pretty comparable in power, so maybe he doesn't feel all that secure even if Thor *is* out of the way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
No it makes more sense for a 3rd party with a personality like the Beyonder to do it, just out of curiosity about how this world works (I think you mentioned he was curious about how vengeance worked, right?).
That's my understanding. Some people have posted panels in some of the other threads, mostly the main spoilers one, of the Beyonder. He seems to spend a lot of time wondering about things like, "What does it mean to exist, anyway?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I think it [the possession, I assume?] would have to happen shortly after the transformation, if you want Jane andThor to actually fall in love and get to know each other. Otherwise you have Thor getting to know this entity,not Jane (which could happen instead, but it doesn't go along with what has been talked about by Chris and Feige )
Yeah, that's one of the puzzling things. It puts the whole know/like/love conversation on hold (and, btw, having that conversation does not mean that at the end of it they decide, "Yes, we are in love." The most recent scenario I put forward sets them on the track toward moving on with their lives, for example.) I would think the possession cannot happen too early in the story. I suspect they have to meet and decide they're not ready to give up on it yet. And it can't take up too much of the film, otherwise, they never get through the know/like/love conversation(s). I suppose they could leave it unresolved. But from the comments made by various people associated with the film, it doesn't seem like that's what they're going to do (leave it unresolved, I mean).

The general consensus around here seems to be that the leaks from Lawden probably concern events early in the film. If that's true, then you'd have to have the transformation very early in the film (which I've thought about).

Well, they are very cleverly chosen leaks, because it seems like we have all this information and are no closer to knowing anything! haha

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #148
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

I just found something of interest, in regards to a question I posted a little while ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Out of curiosity by the way, does she and her people join the fight against Surtur in the comics? Do they ever join forces with the other Asgardians or is it always a combative relationship?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Karnilla? Geeze, it's been a while since I read the simonson arc. I hardly remember anyone else taking on surtur besides thor odin and loki to be flat out honest with you
Just found this...

Quote:
On Balder's request (on behalf of Asgard's monarch Odin), Karnilla allied herself and her army with Asgard in the war with Surtur
source: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv...k/karnilla.htm

not that I think Balder will be in this, but I do think Nornheim is a strong possibility due to the mix of characters in those Bourne Woods scenes, and Karnilla could just be a small part (maybe Alice Krige)

Quote:
Karnilla lives opulently in the ancient fastness of Nornkeep, attended by her servant, the aged minor sorceress Haag, and troops of guardian demons. Although there are many demons among her subjects, Karnilla's realm is also populated by humanoid immortals, just as is Asgard proper.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #149
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I just found something of interest, in regards to a question I posted a little while ago...

source: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv...k/karnilla.htm

not that I think Balder will be in this, but I do think Nornheim is a strong possibility due to the mix of characters in those Bourne Woods scenes, and Karnilla could just be a small part (maybe Alice Krige)
Very interesting!

Of course, Karnilla is supposed to be the most powerful sorceress in all the nine realms (and Loki is supposed to be her equal in sorcery). So for this to be Alice Krige's small role, they would have to have her not do much sorcery, which might be a missed opportunity.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #150
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yeah, that's one of the puzzling things. It puts the whole know/like/love conversation on hold (and, btw, having that conversation does not mean that at the end of it they decide, "Yes, we are in love." The most recent scenario I put forward sets them on the track toward moving on with their lives, for example.) I would think the possession cannot happen too early in the story. I suspect they have to meet and decide they're not ready to give up on it yet. And it can't take up too much of the film, otherwise, they never get through the know/like/love conversation(s). I suppose they could leave it unresolved. But from the comments made by various people associated with the film, it doesn't seem like that's what they're going to do (leave it unresolved, I mean).
agreed.

Quote:
The general consensus around here seems to be that the leaks from Lawden probably concern events early in the film. If that's true, then you'd have to have the transformation very early in the film (which I've thought about).

Well, they are very cleverly chosen leaks, because it seems like we have all this information and are no closer to knowing anything! haha
or we think we have a lot of information from him and it's all a bunch of misleads to keep us off track!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Very interesting!

Of course, Karnilla is supposed to be the most powerful sorceress in all the nine realms (and Loki is supposed to be her equal in sorcery). So for this to be Alice Krige's small role, they would have to have her not do much sorcery, which might be a missed opportunity.
I'd rather see Loki do more sorcery, thank you.

Although I did wonder, he must have had a mentor at some point to learn his magic from, and if she is played by an older woman then she could certainly fit that part. Now the deleted scene from Thor though would make it seem like they did not have a good relationship at all with Nornheim, but then that's not really canon since it didnt make it into the film. So fun to wonder about though!

I feel like 90% sure that Nornheim will be involved, with our without Karnilla being shown (or played by Krige)

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.