The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #376
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by princehals View Post
Um, hello - girl from tumblr here. Kinda thought it was easier to make an account on here than to randomly post stuff on my blog and hope you guys see it.
So, yeah, just to clarify; the guy that falls over and the guy that jumps on Thor are two different people
If you want to ask me/double check about anything else, go ahead; I realise the post might be kinda confusing to read (it was pretty damn confusing to watch so). Er. Yep
Yeah welcome princehals to the hype and thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #377
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
okay, so this video is CRAZY that Frigga posted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxHDzyLqjE

From what I can tell. Selvig and Jane hurry through the building, some dark elves rush up the steps into the building, and put up weapons at Jane and Selvig, somebody comes from the direction Jane and Selvig came from and says something to them (not Thor), and the Dark Elves chase him rather than go after Jane and Selvig (they just stand there), then when they are gone Malekith comes in and walks calmly towards Jane and Selvig who just stand there. Then apparently Thor arrives from behind Jane and Selvig because next thing you know Thor with red cape is pushing Malekith backwards (Malekith is not jumped up on him, just being pushed back) they go out of view. Jane and Selvig just keep standing there (I can tell this is Jane because she appears to have red boots on, btw and Selvig has that bag). Then two people seeming in regular earth clothes who have been waiting behind the pillars in view of the camera run over to them. I am assuming this is Darcy in the grey coat and skinny guy. (coming in the same direction Malekith came from)

I do not think the guy who comes in and distracts the Dark Elves from Jane and Selvig (they do see them there) is Thor. But the Elves definitely seem interested in pursuing him. Intriguing. It looks like he's distracting their attention from Jane and Selvig.
Jane and Selvig are running from Malekith, who's offscreen.
They stop short when they spot Thor there in the college.
A small band of Dark Elves approaches from the left and surrounds the three, but Malekith orders them away, and approaches them alone.
Thor shoves Malekith back out of picture.
The normal-dressed guy hiding behind the column who rushes out afterward is just crew, who comes out to work (makeup/hair, most likely) on Natalie, now that she's out of shot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #378
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Jane and Selvig are running from Malekith, who's offscreen.
They stop short when they spot Thor there in the college.
A small band of Dark Elves approaches from the left and surrounds the three, but Malekith orders them away, and approaches them alone.
Thor shoves Malekith back out of picture.
The normal-dressed guy hiding behind the column who rushes out afterward is just crew, who comes out to work (makeup/hair, most likely) on Natalie, now that she's out of shot.
I wonder why Malekith would have ordered the Dark Elves away, I mean Thor pushes Malekith afterwards so they obviously don't have much to discuss. Lol

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #379
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Here is the video you were looking for. Click on the link and scroll down a little.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...one-phase-two/

Surfer
Wish it was on you tube lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #380
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
I luuurrvvee Jane's red wellies. How often do you see a female lead covered up head to toe and in Wellingtons? Both she and Darcy are wonderfully subversive in a blockbuster and its probably part of the reason this forum section has more women than any other.
Well I can personally say that I think it's nice to see so many women showing an interest, whether it's because of Chris, Tom, Jane or just the love of the character Thor like myself, I am glad your all here.

Surfer

Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #381
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder why Malekith would have ordered the Dark Elves away, I mean Thor pushes Malekith afterwards so they obviously don't have much to discuss. Lol

Surfer
that's because he doesn't order them away. they are clearly distracted by something else more interesting to chase after before Malekith enters from outside of the building (so not chasing Jane and Erik around inside of the building). What I have written down is what actually happens, I should know I've watched it like a gazillion times now.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #382
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I can personally say that I think it's nice to see so many women showing an interest, whether it's because of Chris, Tom, Jane or just the love of the character Thor like myself, I am glad your all here.

Surfer
Thanks!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #383
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Surfer
Because Malekith is taking care of this kidnapping personally, and he doesn't want his underlings screwing things up or damaging the package(s).

All of this seems very much to be about the "Lorelei factor" --- going back to Simonson, this is where Malekith kidnaps Lorelei Jane Foster and takes her away to Svartalfheim. Thor, of course, tries to stop him, thinking this will be an easy pushover, but quickly finds out that he's underestimated Malekith.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #384
Surfer

Quote:
Because Malekith is taking care of this kidnapping personally, and he doesn't want his underlings screwing things up or damaging the package(s).

All of this seems very much to be about the "Lorelei factor" --- going back to Simonson, this is where Malekith kidnaps Lorelei Jane Foster and takes her away to Svartalfheim. Thor, of course, tries to stop him, thinking this will be an easy pushover, but quickly finds out that he's underestimated Malekith.
Okay, a few questions and I apologize, but I have not read the "Lorelei Factor", but assuming your correct about this moment relating to that story line.

1. What is this package or packages that you speak of?

2. Why did Malekith kidnap or try to kidnap Lorelei in the comics, and do you think the kidnaping or attempted kidnapping of Jane Foster will be for the same reason or that they will need to change the reason to fit with Jane's character?

Thanks!

Surfer

Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #385
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Here is the video you were looking for. Click on the link and scroll down a little.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...one-phase-two/

Surfer
Thanks Surfer!!

Lol as cool as it is, I totally get why they chose not to go with it and ultimately not to add it to the deleted scenes in THOR.

I'm sure fans would have expected SWORD to have played some role in Avengers, and I think it kinda works better to have SWORD be established as a result of the "New York incident"

Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #386
Frigga

Quote:

Surfer
Thank you!
I love all of the above mentioned characters!
but I do have a real "soft spot" for Tom/Loki!
That said, I do really LOVE the Marvel movies!!
And Its amazing to see how these movies come together

Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #387
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Okay, a few questions and I apologize, but I have not read the "Lorelei Factor", but assuming your correct about this moment relating to that story line.

1. What is this package or packages that you speak of?

2. Why did Malekith kidnap or try to kidnap Lorelei in the comics, and do you think the kidnaping or attempted kidnapping of Jane Foster will be for the same reason or that they will need to change the reason to fit with Jane's character?

Thanks!

Surfer
1. "Package" is police/espionage slang for the person being kidnapped.
2. In the comics, Lorelei (another invention of Walt Simonson for the Twilight Sword saga, upon which this movie is largely based) was Enchantress' sister and Thor's main squeeze at the time (he was under the spell of a love potion concocted by Lorelei and Loki, but that's another story). Malekith kidnapped her and hauled her off to Svartalfheim to lure Thor into running off and rescuing her. Since the MCU has no need of the character, Jane Foster instead fills the role of damsel-in-distress for the plot quite nicely.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #388
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Thanks Surfer!!

Lol as cool as it is, I totally get why they chose not to go with it and ultimately not to add it to the deleted scenes in THOR.

I'm sure fans would have expected SWORD to have played some role in Avengers, and I think it kinda works better to have SWORD be established as a result of the "New York incident"
I agree; the ending they went with works better.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #389
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
1. "Package" is police/espionage slang for the person being kidnapped.
2. In the comics, Lorelei (another invention of Walt Simonson for the Twilight Sword saga, upon which this movie is largely based) was Enchantress' sister and Thor's main squeeze at the time (he was under the spell of a love potion concocted by Lorelei and Loki, but that's another story). Malekith kidnapped her and hauled her off to Svartalfheim to lure Thor into running off and rescuing her. Since the MCU has no need of the character, Jane Foster instead fills the role of damsel-in-distress for the plot quite nicely.
Well, as I've said before, I hope that it's not quite as straightforward as this, since just being a damsel-in-distress/McGuffin is so cliche.

Tidbits that have been released recently suggest perhaps there are indeed twists to this plot line. We'll have to see when the film comes out I guess!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #390
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
just catching up with some of the videos I missed earlier. I see that the gadget she is carrying here, she is also carrying when she chases after Thor past the white bus. So this gadget is of some signifigance, I'd say...

Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #391
04nbod
I need to debrief you

I hope she built it. I want to see her use her brains to take something down. I feel Thor needs that. Even in the comics, they glorify the warrior madness and bloodthirst and the brains are sidelined. Loki is the only consistently smart one and he's mostly evil, Jane is smart but she's mostly absent.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #392
Rock Sexton
Banned User

So judging by Hemsworth's recent interview, they're actually going to use the fact that he didn't go to Jane in the Avengers as a device to create some friction. I like it. That way we see there was a reason "plot-wise" in the MCU that it all transpired the way it did.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #393
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Hopefully Jane will be able to understand that Thor was kind of busy juggling the fate of the whole planet and his brother's salvation.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #394
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Hopefully Jane will be able to understand that Thor was kind of busy juggling the fate of the whole planet and his brother's salvation.
Yet he had time to eat a kebab with the team?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #395
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

A man's gotta unwind after saving the planet.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #396
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Yet he had time to eat a kebab with the team?
Also, is that shawarma skit at the end considered canon. I mean I realize anything within the film should be considered canon, but it does not fit in with the events in any way. I mean Thor and Loki had just transported themselves back to Asgard just moments before in the movie, so how is Thor suddenly on earth eating Shawarma? and if you say well he ate there before transporting himself back to Asgard with Loki (so basically a flashback), then I would say where the heck is Loki while they are eating? I am not saying I don't love the skit, but it certainly doesn't seem to work with any kind of continuity that I can think of.

Surfer

Last edited by Surfer; 11-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #397
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

You're overthinking it. Tony wanted shawarma and they'd just saved the day, so they treated themselves to some shawarma. Loki's safely in SHIELD custody already.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #398
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, is that shawarma skit at the end considered canon. I mean I realize anything within the film should be considered canon, but it does not fit in with the events in any way. I mean Thor and Loki had just transported themselves back to Asgard just moments before in the movie, so how is Thor suddenly on earth eating Shawarma? and if you say well he ate there before transporting himself back to Asgard with Loki (so basically a flashback), then I would say where the heck is Loki while they are eating? I am not saying I don't love the skit, but it certainly doesn't seem to work with any kind of continuity that I can think of.

Surfer
Plus I think they forgot to invite Selvig, didnt they? LOL

Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #399
princehals

Hello, people

Just thought I'd update you with regards to what happened on set today. Apparently they were still shooting Jane & Selvig scenes, and we saw Natalie Portman coming to and from set a couple of times. Other than that, not much else was going on - at about one o'clock, it started to rain, so they began clearing up. Several crew members saw us stood in the rain and explained that all the main cast had left for the day; also that Unit 1 were leaving today, and that from now it'll just be Unit 2 until Sunday, which apparently means stunts, explosions, extras, and no main cast.
Of course, they might not have been telling the truth, but I've heard the same thing from a few people now, so it looks like the bulk of the filming is done.

Somewhat more interesting though - I went and checked the name on the trailer door; the one that began as Jane's, and was then Malekith's - it now says Ian on the door, which kinda gives massive weight to the Ian Boothby theory, sketchy though it is.

I got a picture of that, if anyone's interested. Other than that, not an awful lot to report today, unfortunately.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #400
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Loki was probably handcuffed in a corner in the shawarma scene...

Closed Thread