The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Cs Funny Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

1) The horses that they use to get down the rainbow bridge, where do they go after? Do they jump off the bridge and swim back? Do they just sort of wander back, do they wait? Even Sleipnir disappears immediately and Loki's horse seems to be completely gone when Thor flies down the bridge to stop him.

2) I wonder if the rainbow bridge ever gets horse poo on it? If so, does Heimdall have a shovel for that or does he just kick it with his boots over the side?

3) Oh, gawd... I hope I'm not the only person that thinks the Destroyer has a really nice butt.

4) Okay so if Loki has thick black hair on his head (since it doesnt disappear when he changes) then where is the head hair on the other Frost giants? Do they all go to the same barber to shave their heads?

anyone else want to go? lol

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Hahahaha--fun thread, elizah72!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
3) Oh, gawd... I hope I'm not the only person that thinks the Destroyer has a really nice butt.
hee hee--it does! I wonder if that's true to Kirby's design lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
4) Okay so if Loki has thick black hair on his head (since it doesnt disappear when he changes) then where is the head hair on the other Frost giants? Do they all go to the same barber to shave their heads?
Maybe Loki didn't completely change.

Maybe the Frost Giants shave their own heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
anyone else want to go? lol
So does anyone else think the Nine Realms that Jane has drawn in her notebook, around which Thor draws Yggdrasil, look like hamburgers? "My father explained it to me like this, that your world is one of the Nine Hamburgers of the Cosmos." (Haven't found some stills to do a "caption this!" for it)

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Hahahaha--fun thread, elizah72!
hee hee--it does! I wonder if that's true to Kirby's design lol
Every time I see it I'm just like, I wanna touch its butt! But that's probably a very very BAD idea! lol


Quote:
Maybe Loki didn't completely change.

Maybe the Frost Giants shave their own heads.
Could be, though I would have thought he would have when he attacked Heimdall since he was in contact with the Casket the longest there. Also, if the Frost giants shave their heads apparently they pluck their eyebrows down to nothing as well. LOL The hair on Loki's eyebrows seem to stay there when he changes in those instances. just one of those mysteries I guess...


Quote:
So does anyone else think the Nine Realms that Jane has drawn in her notebook, around which Thor draws Yggdrasil, look like hamburgers? "My father explained it to me like this, that your world is one of the Nine Hamburgers of the Cosmos." (Haven't found some stills to do a "caption this!" for it)
I can't find that image at the moment, but maybe I'll have an excuse to look at Thor again tonight. LOL here is another image though, which I like...
http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/up...rldsofThor.jpg

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Every time I see it I'm just like, I wanna touch its butt! But that's probably a very very BAD idea! lol




Could be, though I would have thought he would have when he attacked Heimdall since he was in contact with the Casket the longest there. Also, if the Frost giants shave their heads apparently they pluck their eyebrows down to nothing as well. LOL The hair on Loki's eyebrows seem to stay there when he changes in those instances. just one of those mysteries I guess...




I can't find that image at the moment, but maybe I'll have an excuse to look at Thor again tonight. LOL here is another image though, which I like...
http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/up...rldsofThor.jpg
heh Put's another meaning into pinching buns of steel....wonder if SHIELD has parts of Destroyer hanging up somewhere?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Every time I see it I'm just like, I wanna touch its butt! But that's probably a very very BAD idea! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
heh Put's another meaning into pinching buns of steel....wonder if SHIELD has parts of Destroyer hanging up somewhere?
hahahahaha, indeed, to both of you! (too funny!)

BTW, the Destroyer's butt in the movie apparently is not true to the Kirby design: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vj2e1m7Hlg...731330.151.GIF

And I'm sure we'll find out eventually what S.H.I.E.L.D. did with the Destroyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Also, if the Frost giants shave their heads apparently they pluck their eyebrows down to nothing as well. LOL
Well, you know, different cultures have different practices lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I can't find that image at the moment, but maybe I'll have an excuse to look at Thor again tonight. LOL here is another image though, which I like...
http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/up...rldsofThor.jpg
Hmm, those don't look like hamburgers. Good to see a Marvel view of them, though.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
heh Put's another meaning into pinching buns of steel...
Or "hot buns" Seriously, the Destroyer must work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
hahahahaha, indeed, to both of you! (too funny!)

BTW, the Destroyer's butt in the movie apparently is not true to the Kirby design: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vj2e1m7Hlg...731330.151.GIF
I can see that, well my hat's off to whoever came up with good ole buns of steel Destroyer (and whoever those buns were modeled on!)

Quote:
Well, you know, different cultures have different practices lol
Hm... Speaking of which I'm going to add to my list...

5) Do the Frost giants wear underwear? Because well... if when Laufey gets blasted back by Odin onto that rock is any indication... um... I'm leaning towards no on the frost giant undies (perhaps a thong? ) Okay... now that gives new meaning to the possibility of seeing Loki "go full frost giant" in Thor 2.

Quote:
Hmm, those don't look like hamburgers. Good to see a Marvel view of them, though.
and yes they do look like hamburgers in that scene. LOL

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Or "hot buns" Seriously, the Destroyer must work out.
hahahhhhahahahaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
5) Do the Frost giants wear underwear? Because well... if when Laufey gets blasted back by Odin onto that rock is any indication... um... I'm leaning towards no on the frost giant undies (perhaps a thong? ) Okay... now that gives new meaning to the possibility of seeing Loki "go full frost giant" in Thor 2.
hahahahaha OMG, how ever are we going to make it through another 12 months before the next movie opens??

Gee, I guess I'm going to have to look at the movie again.

I'm surprised you didn't point out that the Kirby Destroyer *is* wearing underwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
and yes they do look like hamburgers in that scene. LOL
haha thanks!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Oh, and under the heading of other random silliness, there exists a Destroyer bobblehead doll.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
hahahahaha OMG, how ever are we going to make it through another 12 months before the next movie opens??

Gee, I guess I'm going to have to look at the movie again.

I'm surprised you didn't point out that the Kirby Destroyer *is* wearing underwear.
Indeed he is, well that answers my "boxers or briefs" question.

Speaking of undergarments, this is next one is more from Avengers than Thor but I'm adding it here anyway.

6) So if Loki can magically change his clothes like he does several times in Avengers, then does that mean he's walking around nekkid all the time? and he just makes his closes appear to be there? Good thing he's a frost giant, otherwise that might be a bit chilly.

Quote:
Oh, and under the heading of other random silliness, there exists a Destroyer bobblehead doll.
As you may have guessed I'd be more interested in the Loki or Tom Hiddleston Bobblehead doll. LOL With either, they should speak while they are bobbling, Loki says things like "now if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim" and "freedom is life's great lie"... and Tom just apologizes profusely for bobbling quite so much, does spot on impersonations of his co-stars, and then offers you some "pudding".


Last edited by elizah72; 11-09-2012 at 07:46 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Oh, and under the heading of other random silliness, there exists a Destroyer bobblehead doll.
hehe I thought there WAS a Destroyer bobble head?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #11
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Indeed he is, well that answers my "boxers or briefs" question.

Speaking of undergarments, this is next one is more from Avengers than Thor but I'm adding it here anyway.

6) So if Loki can magically change his clothes like he does several times in Avengers, then does that mean he's walking around nekkid all the time? and he just makes his closes appear to be there? Good thing he's a frost giant, otherwise that might be a bit chilly.



As you may have guessed I'd be more interested in the Loki or Tom Hiddleston Bobblehead doll. LOL With either, they should speak while they are bobbling, Loki says things like "now if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim" and "freedom is life's great lie"... and Tom just apologizes profusely for bobbling quite so much, does spot on impersonations of his co-stars, and then offers you some "pudding".
There WAS one tho it was a "cute" big eyed Loki by Funco I believe

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
There WAS one tho it was a "cute" big eyed Loki by Funco I believe
http://www.amazon.com/FunKo-2225-Fun.../dp/B004QJYQBK

aww... cute, I'm not payin' 50 bucks for it though! lol

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/FunKo-2225-Fun.../dp/B004QJYQBK

aww... cute, I'm not payin' 50 bucks for it though! lol
hahah It *is* cute!

Here you can get both the Loki and the Thor bobblehead dolls for $35. And it includes Thor's helmet! You don't see that every day. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNKO-POP-MA...:B:SHOP:US:101

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Speaking of undergarments, this is next one is more from Avengers than Thor but I'm adding it here anyway.

6) So if Loki can magically change his clothes like he does several times in Avengers, then does that mean he's walking around nekkid all the time? and he just makes his closes appear to be there? Good thing he's a frost giant, otherwise that might be a bit chilly.
Yes, I think that Loki must surely be nekkid *all* the time. (Including when he sat on Odin's throne.) That's why he's shirtless in the Simonson run. The Army would not abide by any other arrangement.

(More seriously, it may be that he is wearing a blue shirt and pants like Thor does when he gets exiled and sent through the Bifrost to earth.)

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Having trouble with the cheesecake thing.
Posts: 6,816
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

I'm pretty certain we will be getting a shirtless Loki in Thor 2. Anyone want to take bets of the probability of that?

__________________
- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- Keep riding that crazy train.

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
hahah It *is* cute!

Here you can get both the Loki and the Thor bobblehead dolls for $35. And it includes Thor's helmet! You don't see that every day. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNKO-POP-MA...:B:SHOP:US:101
Thor bobblehead: "I will not fight you, brother!"

hehe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yes, I think that Loki must surely be nekkid *all* the time. (Including when he sat on Odin's throne.) That's why he's shirtless in the Simonson run. The Army would not abide by any other arrangement.

(More seriously, it may be that he is wearing a blue shirt and pants like Thor does when he gets exiled and sent through the Bifrost to earth.)
Ewww.... there is some youtube cartoon parody where Odin's throne is a "throne" if you get my drift. LOL Double ewwwww.....

No surely must be a green shirt and pants, Loki is partial to green remember.

Or Nekkid.... yeah... hrm....

I dont know if we'll see him shirtless in this, Tom seems sort of skinny right now. (I actually think he looks great, but in comparison to Hemsworth, I wouldnt blame him if he didnt want to go shirtless).

Didnt somebody actually have a petition to have him shirtless in Thor 2? Now that is utterly silly. If you want to see him shirtless (or even less) there is roles and pictures out there on the web. Just a silly thing to have a "petition" to have an actor do that. Especially when petitioning for an individual movie for the character would be much more worthwhile to all, and probably taken more seriously, or say, requesting the introduction of his mythological/comics wife.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Ewww.... there is some youtube cartoon parody where Odin's throne is a "throne" if you get my drift. LOL Double ewwwww.....
Ewww!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I dont know if we'll see him shirtless in this, Tom seems sort of skinny right now. (I actually think he looks great, but in comparison to Hemsworth, I wouldnt blame him if he didnt want to go shirtless).
Actually, if it makes sense to the story, I'm sure they would.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #18
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,197
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm pretty certain we will be getting a shirtless Loki in Thor 2. Anyone want to take bets of the probability of that?
I'd bet there is a 1% probability of Loki going shirtless next time out. Thor & Skurge I would give about a 50% chance of shirtlessness. The movie is going to be overflowing with muscular men showing their bulging biceps and chests. Loki would be more than a little outclassed in that company.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I'd bet there is a 1% probability of Loki going shirtless next time out. Thor & Skurge I would give about a 50% chance of shirtlessness. The movie is going to be overflowing with muscular men showing their bulging biceps and chests. Loki would be more than a little outclassed in that company.
I think Tom is gorgeous but I would agree, he, as he admits himself is "more of the beanpole variety" and not built like Chris "Brick ****house" Hemsworth. LOL So it seems rather unlikely for that reason. Although a scene where the shirt comes off to heal an injury or something and we, and maybe Thor also, sees some permanent scarring on his body as a result of his time with Thanos and the Chitauri, and being tortured, that could be a possible legitimate reason for showing Loki shirtlessness. It seems like some wounds heal quickly and others dont, like Odin's eye, or the fact it took so long for Loki's injuries at the end of Avengers to heal, and yet he heals very very quickly from bullet wounds earlier in the film. Any theories on all of that?

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/FunKo-2225-Fun.../dp/B004QJYQBK

aww... cute, I'm not payin' 50 bucks for it though! lol
Loki didn't stay on the shelves for long. even at 12 bux lol for 50 it'd have to be a fullsize standee

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

More random silliness: Thor vs. Destroyer Salt and Pepper Shakers!

http://www.geekalerts.com/thor-vs-de...epper-shakers/

While it's a Kirby-era Destroyer (as is Thor), it's not clear the Destroyer is wearing underwear, like in that book cover I posted.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

lol NICE

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #23
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

I guess this is the best spot for it. It's not exactly a parody, but it is silly.

It turns out there really is an element of the periodic table named after Our Hero.

http://teecraze.com/thorium-t-shirt/

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #24
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,268
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

lol periodicthor

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,345
Default Re: Odd or amusing things to wonder while watching Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I guess this is the best spot for it. It's not exactly a parody, but it is silly.

It turns out there really is an element of the periodic table named after Our Hero.

http://teecraze.com/thorium-t-shirt/
lol, yes an element called Thorium exists. The image reminds me of Spongebob .

Idk if the commercial for VW is known outside of Germany, the little Darth Vader was very popular here:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Later they changed it for Thor:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Enjoy!

__________________
Weltmeister!!!
Germany wins
the Soccer World Championship 2014

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.