The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #401
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by princehals View Post
Hello, people

Just thought I'd update you with regards to what happened on set today. Apparently they were still shooting Jane & Selvig scenes, and we saw Natalie Portman coming to and from set a couple of times. Other than that, not much else was going on - at about one o'clock, it started to rain, so they began clearing up. Several crew members saw us stood in the rain and explained that all the main cast had left for the day; also that Unit 1 were leaving today, and that from now it'll just be Unit 2 until Sunday, which apparently means stunts, explosions, extras, and no main cast.
Of course, they might not have been telling the truth, but I've heard the same thing from a few people now, so it looks like the bulk of the filming is done.

Somewhat more interesting though - I went and checked the name on the trailer door; the one that began as Jane's, and was then Malekith's - it now says Ian on the door, which kinda gives massive weight to the Ian Boothby theory, sketchy though it is.

I got a picture of that, if anyone's interested. Other than that, not an awful lot to report today, unfortunately.
Cool! I wonder if this Ian guy will be Darcy's bf. Thanks for the Update.
I'd definitely like to see the trailer pic. The only pics we have from today are these, with Natalie getting make-up applied.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #402
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
You're overthinking it. Tony wanted shawarma and they'd just saved the day, so they treated themselves to some shawarma. Loki's safely in SHIELD custody already.
Overthinking it perhaps, but thats what us fans do.

As for the SHIELD custody idea, yeah I thought of that as a possiiblity, but given all the problems Loki caused and the fact that he escaped not once, but twice from their facilities, I just don't see that the heroes would have let him out of their sight to indulge in shawarma. So, once again I love the skit, but to me it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Therefore, to use this scene (which does not really make sense within the context of the movie) as the basis to show Thor's inconciderateness towards Jane I think is a serious misstep. Hey, but once again thats just me.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #403
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Cool! I wonder if this Ian guy will be Darcy's bf. Thanks for the Update.
I'd definitely like to see the trailer pic. The only pics we have from today are these, with Natalie getting make-up applied.
Thanks, marvel_freshman. I didn't realize Natalie was such a dirty girl. Lol

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #404
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Plus I think they forgot to invite Selvig, didnt they? LOL
and Nick Fury for that matter.

Nick Fury.... Left out again those Mother F#&*$. Lol

Surfer

Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #405
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by princehals View Post
Hello, people

Just thought I'd update you with regards to what happened on set today. Apparently they were still shooting Jane & Selvig scenes, and we saw Natalie Portman coming to and from set a couple of times. Other than that, not much else was going on - at about one o'clock, it started to rain, so they began clearing up. Several crew members saw us stood in the rain and explained that all the main cast had left for the day; also that Unit 1 were leaving today, and that from now it'll just be Unit 2 until Sunday, which apparently means stunts, explosions, extras, and no main cast.
Of course, they might not have been telling the truth, but I've heard the same thing from a few people now, so it looks like the bulk of the filming is done.

Somewhat more interesting though - I went and checked the name on the trailer door; the one that began as Jane's, and was then Malekith's - it now says Ian on the door, which kinda gives massive weight to the Ian Boothby theory, sketchy though it is.

I got a picture of that, if anyone's interested. Other than that, not an awful lot to report today, unfortunately.
Ian Boothby character has been listed on IMDB for Dark world for some time now. Played by Jonathan Howard according to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1401022/

thanks!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #406
Frigga

Hi, guys.
mayby this is to early for anyone to answer but have there been any talk about an appearance from the thor 2 cast at any one of the CC events?
Asking because I dont really know how these things work.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #407
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Also, is that shawarma skit at the end considered canon. I mean I realize anything within the film should be considered canon, but it does not fit in with the events in any way. I mean Thor and Loki had just transported themselves back to Asgard just moments before in the movie, so how is Thor suddenly on earth eating Shawarma? and if you say well he ate there before transporting himself back to Asgard with Loki (so basically a flashback), then I would say where the heck is Loki while they are eating? I am not saying I don't love the skit, but it certainly doesn't seem to work with any kind of continuity that I can think of.

Surfer
My personal belief has always been that Loki is just off screen bound/gagged ...something akin to this: http://astrobullet.deviantart.com/ar...arma-301696358 (not my art, something I found on DA after seeing Avengers one day)... and possibly with Mjolnir pinning him down as well. I don't think Thor would entrust him to SHIELD's care after what Loki did and with the damage done to the Helicarrier, he'd keep him close by.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #408
Frigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
My personal belief has always been that Loki is just off screen bound/gagged ...something akin to this: http://astrobullet.deviantart.com/ar...arma-301696358 (not my art, something I found on DA after seeing Avengers one day)... and possibly with Mjolnir pinning him down as well. I don't think Thor would entrust him to SHIELD's care after what Loki did and with the damage done to the Helicarrier, he'd keep him close by.
Ive allways had that same thought!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #409
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love the sullen look on Loki's face!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #410
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I love the sullen look on Loki's face!

looks like stewie griffin

Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #411
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Loki was probably handcuffed in a corner in the shawarma scene...
Well again, he escaped from the SHIELD facilities twice, so not sure what good being handcuffed in a corner is suppose to do.

Hawkeye ........ Hey guys I think Loki just escaped.

Captain America ........ Well aren't we going to go after him.

Thor........ What terrible form of evil has Loki conjured to pull me away from this glorious food.

Black Widow........ Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm stuffed and I don't think I'm going to be able to chase after anyone.

Iron Man....... Ah, screw it Nick Fury says I'm not a team player anyways, so let him deal with it.

Nick Fury....... (Overhearing conversation through a bugging device) They did it to me again, those Mother F#*!$

Lol

Surfer

Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #412
Surfer

Quote:
Well I like the idea of Mjolnir pinning him down like they did in Thor, but other then that I think escape seems easy as they are preoccupied.

Surfer

Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #413
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I want a mjolnir night light made.

Just thinking aloud lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 11-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #414
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I don't want to disagree with you, because in reality I am all for keeping the characters with their origins in tact. However, there already appears to be a lot going on in this movie and I don't see how they will be able to get that kind of story arc and all it entails with the amount of time they will have available in this movie to work with everything else going on. Personally, I hope I am wrong and that they can stick to the origin and that it is done well, works with the movie and that it doesn't feel forced, but I just don't see it happening.

Surfer
I know. But the fact that the transformation is there, I mean. That's there, it seems pointless to leave his character arc out. What's the point of him just being a brute. Especially if he indeed does get betrayed by Malekith. he needs to atleast defeat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, the fact that they specifically said both Algrim *and* Kurse appear in the movie means that the transformation will happen in this film. Otherwise, they could've just gone with Kurse as a generic bad mofo for Thor to fight.

The only looming question is, of course, who (if anybody) will assume Beyonder's role in transforming Algrim and manipulating him into blaming Thor for his problems.
which is why I think Kurse will come full circlre and kill malekith

Quote:
In the comics Algrim is changed to Kurse by the Beyonder after almost being killed by Malekith. However Kurse does not remember the events and is told Thor was responsible, so he seeks out and tries to destroy Thor. Eventually Kurse does regain his memory though, and when that happens he locates Malekith and breaks his neck.

As for Loki manipulating Kurse, once again I can see Loki as feeling he is justified in his actions against his brother if Thor left Asgard during it's hour of need and perhaps in his own twisted mind he feels he is redeeming himself by trying to kill Thor who he can percieve as a traitor to the realm of Asgard.

Surfer
I can see it. Maybe he uses the cube? I personally think Surtur is the one to change him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
There hasn't been confirmation that Loki's redemption happens in Thor 2, has there? I assumed that wouldn't be until the third movie or so, and even then it wouldn't be a redemption so much as a "saving himself by not doing something evil" moment.
Yeah. Too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
If Loki is forgiven after all the horrific crap he has done, I will be extremely upset. He is a cold-blooded mass murderer, not some poor misunderstood wooby who can be redeemed by love, which a lot of Loki fans seem to think.
YES

I had this debate before. Oh my god you took the words right out of my mouth. They seem to miss the true point of Loki's character. MCU or not, Loki is Loki, and he is not a misunderstood wooby who can be redeemed by love. He's cold, and has gone too far deep. And you fist pump at every time justice gets served to him. Which is what makes him such an awesome villain.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #415
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #416
elizah72
Side-Kick

there's that gadget again!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #417
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

edit: does not need to be rehashed, carry om

Last edited by jaqua99; 11-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #418
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

D'aww, her boots match Thor's cape.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #419
elizah72
Side-Kick

edit agreed.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #420
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Not too sure how Ifeel about this. I would want Odin to have a bit more screen time

Quote:
Anthony Hopkins mentions having one encounter with Chris Eccleston and says Malkith is very good. Does this suggest that Odin might have some involvement or also battle Malekith. Probably not, but just thought I would throw it out there.

Surfer
maybe, though Odin should be able to tear malekith a new one

Quote:
My idea, since Adewale tweeted about having a scene with Renee and Anthony a few weeks ago, has been that maybe we'll have some kind of flashback scene showing how Malekith got messed up on that one side.
I like it

Quote:
Is the picture of the red guy here new? Kurse maybe?

http://www.mania.com/2nd-villain-for...le_134715.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That's interesting. I have no idea if that's Kurse, Malekith or someone else. Whoever it is, he looks huge. Is it a man in a suit or a sculpt?

Quote:
Well I think this one is of Malekith and the Malekith stunt double with the red lighting effect, but I could be wrong.

Surfer
I think it is just a dark elf with lighting? Have we come to a conclusion on this? There is no way it is kurse. Right? Some of you have said this guy is huge. What is your reference? To me, he looks no bigger than malekith, and he definitally has dark elf armor on.

Quote:
Well again, he escaped from the SHIELD facilities twice, so not sure what good being handcuffed in a corner is suppose to do.

Hawkeye ........ Hey guys I think Loki just escaped.

Captain America ........ Well aren't we going to go after him.

Thor........ What terrible form of evil has Loki conjured to pull me away from this glorious food.

Black Widow........ Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm stuffed and I don't think I'm going to be able to chase after anyone.

Iron Man....... Ah, screw it Nick Fury says I'm not a team player anyways, so let him deal with it.

Nick Fury....... (Overhearing conversation through a bugging device) They did it to me again, those Mother F#*!$

Lol

Surfer
ever notice the aside from star wars, samuel l jackson says the word "ass" in almost all of his movies?

Quote:
edit agreed.
yeah yeah yeah :P

Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #421
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I like it
what no, ?

Quote:
I think it is just a dark elf with lighting? Have we come to a conclusion on this? There is no way it is kurse. Right? Some of you have said this guy is huge. What is your reference? To me, he looks no bigger than malekith, and he definitally has dark elf armor on.
I dont think we've come to a conclusion, no. I keep going back and forth. I dont think it's Malekith due to apparent lack of cape, but may be a strangely lit Dark Elf.

Quote:
yeah yeah yeah :P
Uh huh....

Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #422
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
what no, ?

I dont think we've come to a conclusion, no. I keep going back and forth. I dont think it's Malekith due to apparent lack of cape, but may be a strangely lit Dark Elf.

Uh huh....
oh excuse me lol

but really though, I actually agree with it. It could also explain malekith's beef with asgard anyway.

I think it is a strangely lit dark elf as well. He just doesn't seem THAT big.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #423
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
D'aww, her boots match Thor's cape.
hahahahahahhaha

Old 11-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #424
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
oh excuse me lol

but really though, I actually agree with it. It could also explain malekith's beef with asgard anyway.

I think it is a strangely lit dark elf as well. He just doesn't seem THAT big.
I agree. The back of the head looks like Malekith's warrior braids anyway. Just a strangely distorted picture.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #425
waffles
Side-Kick

Is that gadget in Natalie's hands something to do with Jane's Einstein-Rosen Bridge theory?

Closed Thread