Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

View Poll Results: Which is better: Fullmetal Alchemist or FMA: Brotherhood
Fullmetal Alchemist 6 26.09%
Brotherhood 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #51
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood?

I've just watched the original show and the Shambala film, it was really great but i wonder what happened with World War II around the corner. Dante was an amazing villain, heard Brotherhood had an even better one, kinda wish to have seen more about Edward's father and Dante's past.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #52
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

That's something else I liked more in Brotherhood. The villain is much better and more interesting and the Elrics father is more explored too.

I kept wondering how the good guys would beat the main villain because of his immense power and his powerfull subordinates.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #53
Lord
All Mighty

I just finished watching Brotherhood, it was great but i think the original had a darker and more realistic feel, still, Brotherhood was better. Between Dante and Father i don't think any of them was better than the other, i enjoyed both and found interesting how the 2003 anime had a mother figure for the homunculi while they had a father figure in Brotherhood.

Both also had disapointing defeats, Dante was eaten off-screen by one of her minions while Father was all-powerful yet he was punched till he was defeated by human Edward and when he was being shot he didn't even move, he just stood there wasting power.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

They're both good for different reasons. The original series for its more intimate take on the story, and Brotherhood, for how big and grand its is.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
Baramos
Side-Kick

Another thing about Brotherhood is it makes it feel like a fully-realized world, since in the course of the story it involves neighboring countries like Drachma, Xing, the ruined country of Xerxes, etc. Amestris in the original just seemed like some kind of self-contained universe whereas in Brotherhood it's part of a greater fantasy universe.

Anyway, Lord, did you watch The Sacred Star of Milos yet? The plot was nothing to write home about and it didn't really add anything to the greater universe in my opinion but it was incredibly well-animated and has some amazing action scenes.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #56
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
Another thing about Brotherhood is it makes it feel like a fully-realized world, since in the course of the story it involves neighboring countries like Drachma, Xing, the ruined country of Xerxes, etc. Amestris in the original just seemed like some kind of self-contained universe whereas in Brotherhood it's part of a greater fantasy universe.

Anyway, Lord, did you watch The Sacred Star of Milos yet? The plot was nothing to write home about and it didn't really add anything to the greater universe in my opinion but it was incredibly well-animated and has some amazing action scenes.
Nah, didn't do that yet, was in a rush to start One Piece

Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #57
Moko Chan

Although they are both really good, I like Brotherhood more. As tends to the follow the Manga a lot more closely then the other one.

Moko Chan is offline   Reply With Quote