Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #201
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
My biggest disappointment with the Wii U is (and this was a surprise to me) that neither bundle comes with a Wiimote/nunchuck or (MOST importantly) a Pro Controller.

I read that some games actually won't be compatible with any of the Wii (as in old Wii, NOT Wii U) Classic Controllers. I don't know if that applies to the games I have.
Did you never read any of the press releases since September? They laid out what each edition has. The gamepad is the new controller, why would they have an extra one? And most have a Wii-mote, so you can easily sync your old ones right to the WiiU. I bought a classic controller as well, but I knew from the get go that there was none of that bundled. All consoles anymore since the time of the fifth generation have come with only one controller at launch, unless you later on got some special bundle pack years down the road.

So far I love the system, been playing it since yesterday. It's nice seeing NSMBU in HD, even though the graphics are suppose to be simplistic it is still great to see high res on all of them. I decided to skip ZombiU for now, and keep with just the two games Nintendo Land and NSMBU. I ahve not played NintendoLand yet I'm waiting for some friends to come over to try that out.

So far I love it, and can't wait to see what the future holds. Pikman 3 and Rayman Legends is right around the corner so I can't wait.

This pad has some great features that could be used in future games. The biggest thing is I think now is the time that RTS's or TBS's finally some complicated strategy games could be controlled with ease, maybe even easier then using a mouse/keyboard. So to me there is lots of great future possibilities.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #202
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

So does anyone know if Nintendo Land can be played with Wii (old Wii) Classic controllers? Cause I haven't gotten around to playing it yet and all I have are Classic and Classic Pro controllers from the Wii. Or does it only use Wiimotes?

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #203
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Uses Wiipad and Wiimotes.

Also, I think it's pathetic that EA won't be putting future ME3 DLC on the WiiU... All because Nintendo wouldn't use Origins as their online service. Can't wait until EA realizes that they're losing money...

Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #204
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Did you never read any of the press releases since September? They laid out what each edition has. The gamepad is the new controller, why would they have an extra one? And most have a Wii-mote, so you can easily sync your old ones right to the WiiU. I bought a classic controller as well, but I knew from the get go that there was none of that bundled.
That's why I was so surprised. I remember reading the DLX bundles contents and I thought I remember seeing a Pro Controller included W/ the tablet. I had to double check the box when I opened everything and found no Pro Controller.

I don't think it would be out of question to include (along with the tablet controller) either a Pro Controller or simply a Wiimote. Especially with bundles that included Nintendo Land. If the system right out the box is supposed to be a fun-for-the-family get-your-friends-together console, why not include another (different) controller? As unlikely as it may be, someone actually may be buying the Wii U without ever having owned a Wii.

I don't think it would take away from the tablet's appeal, especially since most of the Wii U's more notable games still require someone to use a normal controller/Wiimote.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #205
Destructus86
Side-Kick

This is no where near good enough to warrent the price Nintendo is selling these things for. I'm pretty dissapointed with the "controller" Npad or whatever you want to call the screen based controller.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #206
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
This is no where near good enough to warrent the price Nintendo is selling these things for. I'm pretty dissapointed with the "controller" Npad or whatever you want to call the screen based controller.
What don't you like? Its ok not to like something. Just being nosey.

I like this system myself, but I'm not getting this sensation of buying a new system like i did when I first got my Wii or GC...I know it's a new system but it feels like...coming home with a new movie...its nice, I'm happy, but I swear I was more amped up when I unboxed my iPad for the 1st time.

Last edited by WolfCypher; 11-19-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #207
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

those of you who got it at Best Buy, is the black tie warranty available for it?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #208
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Love the system. I could see these controllers being able to do a lot of cool things for more games in the future. Cant wait to see a metroid prime type game in here.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #209
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Congrats on being "that" guy.

Revelation 22:20
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #210
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Diagrams(WU) View Post
Love the system. I could see these controllers being able to do a lot of cool things for more games in the future. Cant wait to see a metroid prime type game in here.
I'm drooling over the thought of a Metroid Prime game. The controller actually opens a whole new world of possibilities. I can't wait to play Nintendo Land with the boy when I get home.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #211
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
those of you who got it at Best Buy, is the black tie warranty available for it?
Yep. I was told by the associate you have 30 days from date of purchase to buy a warranty for it.

H.E.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #212
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Reading things online and the "Vocal" gamers disgust me... The blind hate they have for Nintendo is beyond idiotic. Let's get the facts straight: The Wii U is substantially more powerful than the PS3 and 360. This is indisputable. It is the start of the 8th generation of consoles, both chronologically and in terms of technology.

As for the next Playstation and Xbox, time will tell. But I don't believe they're going to be nearly as powerful as a lot of people seem to think. I certainly don't believe they're going to be so powerful that the Wii U can't receive the vast majority of multiplatform titles in the 8th generation.

If that does turn out to be the case, look forward to enormous price tags, more hardware failures, and more developers shutting down for good or moving to smartphone game development (or, given how the Wii U's eShop is shaping up, developing Wii U games). And look forward to Sony going bankrupt and leaving the console market to Microsoft and Nintendo, because they certainly can't afford to sell at the loss it would take to achieve the results people are fantasizing about.

Either way, the 8th console generation is officially upon us. Let the games begin!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #213
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Not really. Including one of the other controllers doesn't prevent a developer from developing with the tablet one
It can take away the focus of using the unique features provided by the GamePad, and instead lets developers be lazy. I'm glad the ported games are taking advantage of the controller, when they just could have easily used the Pro Controller and be done with it. Consoles these days only come with one controller, so to expect people not to buy another is ridiculous in thinking. The Wii U is the only console that is backwards compatible with controllers at the moment (there's a rumor of MS following a similar approach for XB720), and hopefully it means that the prices of the previous gen's controllers will drop. That would be a good thing.

Anyway:

There are a few reports from various forums about the console freezing, the OS taking a few seconds to load apps, and the long time it takes to do the update (which I believe has more to do with the servers being overwhelmed than an actual software issue. The good thing about these is that they can be patched with an update, so that's good.

In terms of hardware issues, I haven't heard anything yet except for consoles bricking during the update because of a random power outage or the few people that thought they could turn their console off and update later. It's common sense to never turn off the power (beyond your control of course) when any type of update happens.

Last edited by the dmg; 11-19-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #214
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Guys I need help. It maybe a stupid question. I'm at the stage where it's asking me to setup the Nintendo Network ID? I dn't know if I already one. I have a 3DS, and I can access the eSHOP, does that mean i have a Nintendo Network ID?

The reason I dn't want to go further is because i don't want to create a second one. I'm searching all over online about how to find out if you got one and if so, how to retreive the password the email you registered with!!!

Can anybody help!!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #215
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

This out-of-the-box Firmware Update thing sounds terrible.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #216
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
This out-of-the-box Firmware Update thing sounds terrible.
It's really not that big of a deal...If you DL it at peak hours...Maybe it takes an hour. Took me 25 minutes on launch day...

Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #217
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Question(s)

1.) Are there any demo's on the eShop? I heard there was but I sure as heck can't find them.

2.) Other than Trine 2 (which...Oddly has sales tax on it...) what's worth downloading? I bought a 20 dollar card (and because of the stupid sales tax I'm a dollar short...Not using my CC for a buck fifty) and want to know when the AAA+ arcade games hit.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #218
zenith16
Side-Kick

Reviews

Wii U (Hardware) – Has the Next Generation of Gaming Arrived?

Victor and Scott get their hands on the Wii U. ...

Shows

November 19 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

Paper Mario becomes a Sticker Star, the iPad with Retina Display is here, reign over water with Kumo Lumo, Clueless comes to Blu-ray, and Nintendo unveils the Wii U

synopsis :they got their hands on the WII U , HD graphic's back wards compatibility and lots of control options at a decent price.

Scott's score 8.0

vic's score 8.0

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited by zenith16; 11-20-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #219
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I gotta say... Miiverse is extremely smart.. I mean, it may be one of the most creative ways for gamers to interact with each other....Ever.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #220
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Guys I need help. It maybe a stupid question. I'm at the stage where it's asking me to setup the Nintendo Network ID? I dn't know if I already one. I have a 3DS, and I can access the eSHOP, does that mean i have a Nintendo Network ID?

The reason I dn't want to go further is because i don't want to create a second one. I'm searching all over online about how to find out if you got one and if so, how to retreive the password the email you registered with!!!

Can anybody help!!
NNID is brand new. Moving forward it will be used with 3DS and anything they have coming out in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Question(s)

1.) Are there any demo's on the eShop? I heard there was but I sure as heck can't find them.
I heard there was supposed to be, but from what I've read, it seems demos will be coming later.
Quote:
2.) Other than Trine 2 (which...Oddly has sales tax on it...) what's worth downloading? I bought a 20 dollar card (and because of the stupid sales tax I'm a dollar short...Not using my CC for a buck fifty) and want to know when the AAA+ arcade games hit.
Nano Assault Neo.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #221
jacobed
Banned User

Love, love the device. Now the games I got:
Nintendoland-awesome
Batman-awesome
ZombiU-interesting concept but not good
Scribblenauts- best game on it, really incredible

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #222
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I picked up my WiiU and New Super Mario Bros U was delivered today. I don't know when I'm going to open it. I really should save it for Christmas since I have a lot of work I need to get done for grad school in the next month.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #223
jacobed
Banned User

Being able to play Black Ops 2 multiplayer while I'm on the toilet. Yes greatest invention ever, thank you Nintendo, thank you

Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #224
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Has anyone tried playing Wii games to see if the picture is crisper?

Old 11-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #225
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Does Skyward Sword looks amazing on the WiiU? Does it upconvert the resolution?

Closed Thread