I fear that we may not get to see kurse until a trailer

Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #227
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I fear that we may not get to see kurse until a trailer
It's Avengers' Hulk all over again. We might not see him until the second Thor:TDW trailer if he's 100% CGI. It would be nice if we could at least get Algrim the Strong in the first trailer.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #228
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Meh I'll see Kurse when I see him, it's not really bothering me.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #229
elizah72
Side-Kick

I'm so amused by the fact that I was so sure that picture from Bourne might be Algrim or Kurse and now I'm like....

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #230
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I'm so amused by the fact that I was so sure that picture from Bourne might be Algrim or Kurse and now I'm like....
Take heart--only 352 days until the film opens!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #231
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Take heart--only 352 days until the film opens!
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that's so far away guys lol

Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #232
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that's so far away guys lol
we need a time machine! Where's the Doctor?

Doctor! Take us to Thor 2! Right away!!

No? Okay well... the Doctor says he can't take us due to the fact that his past self is currently pretending to be the actor pretending to be Malekith and if they interact at all then that could cause a break in the time space continuum and something about wibbly wobbly timey wimey which I didn't quite follow.

So... I guess we will just have to wait.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #233
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

That would be *fantastic*!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #234
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

No? Okay well... the Doctor says he can't take us due to the fact that his past self is currently pretending to be the actor pretending to be Malekith and if they interact at all then that could cause a break in the time space continuum and something about wibbly wobbly timey wimey which I didn't quite follow.

..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #235
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

I'll just catch a ride with Doc Brown. His only stipulation is that you don't buy a sports almanac.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #236
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I'll just catch a ride with Doc Brown. His only stipulation is that you don't buy a sports almanac.
Hehehehehe good ol' Marty McFly and Doc Brown.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #237
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
He is twice as strong as Thor.

I am looking forward to seeing how they have adapted his look, Thor vs Kurse should provide a centerpiece action sequence for the film.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #238
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I am looking forward to seeing how they have adapted his look, Thor vs Kurse should provide a centerpiece action sequence for the film.
he's actually 4 times as strong, just correcting that piccture, which im sure you know. But as I said, I wouldn't mind if they don't change his appearance at all. I know his costume is over the top, but I think he'll look cool

Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #239
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
he's actually 4 times as strong, just correcting that piccture, which im sure you know. But as I said, I wouldn't mind if they don't change his appearance at all. I know his costume is over the top, but I think he'll look cool

Twice as strong at first

Superhuman Strength: The original level of Algrim's strength is unknown, but he was apparently the strongest of the Dark Elves. However, his strength was below that of Thor, who could lift well over 100 tons. After being transformed into his present form, Kurse was said to have double the strength of Thor. After Thor donned his enchanted Belt of Strength to make his strength on par with Kurse's once more, The Beyonder further augmented Kurse's strength. Kurse was capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons and, due to the Beyonder's augmentation, he was considerably stronger than Thor

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #240
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Twice as strong at first

Superhuman Strength: The original level of Algrim's strength is unknown, but he was apparently the strongest of the Dark Elves. However, his strength was below that of Thor, who could lift well over 100 tons. After being transformed into his present form, Kurse was said to have double the strength of Thor. After Thor donned his enchanted Belt of Strength to make his strength on par with Kurse's once more, The Beyonder further augmented Kurse's strength. Kurse was capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons and, due to the Beyonder's augmentation, he was considerably stronger than Thor
odd that no one spotted a particularly large Dark Elf that could be Algrim during the latest filming in Greenwich.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #241
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
odd that no one spotted a particularly large Dark Elf that could be Algrim during the latest filming in Greenwich.
Exactly.

(Or should I say "Bingo"? )

Old 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #242
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly.

What are you implying? Kurse should be CGI anyways....and maybe by this point Algrim is already transformed. We haven't seen his actor on set at all :/

Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #243
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
What are you implying? Kurse should be CGI anyways....and maybe by this point Algrim is already transformed. We haven't seen his actor on set at all :/
Yeah, at this point, the only time I've heard AAA filming any scenes have been far from the prying eyes of fan-farazzi (Iceland; and a scene with Odin and Frigga on a soundstage somewhere).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #244
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
simply questioning where Algrim/Kurse may be at that moment. they seemed to be concentrating on a Malekith vs Thor battle this past week or so, and Thor vs. groups of Dark Elves. there may have been some "shadow boxing" stuff early on that could be CGI Kurse but it's really hard to tell with the footage and pictures what's going on. Didn't really see evidence of a large CGI Kurse battle but I'm sure a lot wasn't videotaped or photographed. However, it seems to be all about Malekith and Thor in Greenwich, and like I said, no extra large elves spotted... so.... If he isn't there at all then where is he?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #245
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
simply questioning where Algrim/Kurse may be at that moment. they seemed to be concentrating on a Malekith vs Thor battle this past week or so, and Thor vs. groups of Dark Elves. there may have been some "shadow boxing" stuff early on that could be CGI Kurse but it's really hard to tell with the footage and pictures what's going on. Didn't really see evidence of a large CGI Kurse battle but I'm sure a lot wasn't videotaped or photographed. However, it seems to be all about Malekith and Thor in Greenwich, and like I said, no extra large elves spotted... so.... If he isn't there at all then where is he?
Probably part of the iceland shoot

Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #246
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Probably part of the iceland shoot
Yeah, I think we are all in agreement on this point. Algrim does not seem to be part of the battle that was filmed at Greenwich University. Kurse may well be (suggested by the shadowboxing), but Algrim does not appear to be.

So that leaves the Iceland locations and sound stage filming for scenes with Algrim.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #247
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:

So does this mean that if Malekith dies in this movie he will be played by David Tennant in the next?

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #248
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Twice as strong at first

I know Kurse's history -_- lol. After thor got the belt of strength, the beyonder doubled Kurse's again, making him 4 times as strong as regular thor. So as I said, generally, Kurse is 4 times as strong. Which is how he will probably be. Given that he most likely will just be in this movie, his strength will have to be huge

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly.

do we got a picture? not too sure if I remember correctly what picture you are talking about

Quote:
yeah that's what I am wondering. I am expecting an epic throw down with him and thor

Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #249
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
do we got a picture? not too sure if I remember correctly what picture you are talking about
no sorry, I've not seen anything that looks like a big elf, so it seems like he's not there, so he must be up to other things on behalf of Malekith (and I'm not speculating what or why, just noting he doesn't appear to be there in either incarnation, even if he was there as Algrim seems like he should have stepped in to help Malekith with Thor some in those scenes)

Quote:
yeah that's what I am wondering. I am expecting an epic throw down with him and thor
AAA tweeted once or twice as having a tough week playing Kurse in November mainly but that appeared to be all indoor filming. I wonder if he is borrowing Mark's CGI pajamas.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #250
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
So does this mean that if Malekith dies in this movie he will be played by David Tennant in the next?
NO but I have been wondering if there could be a part of David in the Marvel Universe. LOVE HIM!