View Poll Results: GL & Flash pairing
Hal & Barry 37 50.00%
John & Wally 37 50.00%
A different GL or Flash 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #576
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post
Someone in the thread said he might have that kinda clout. Wouldn't surprise me. Why would they cancel the YJ book but keep the less profitable GLTAS book?
He doesn't. Why would he cancel any of them if he had the power? He kind of wrote the one of the definitive Teen Titans/Young Justice runs and created Miss Martian. For all we know the Lantern book could be lasting one issue longer.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #577
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

Anti-Wally bias?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mace1 View Post
Hopefully john stewart comes to the green lantern animated show.Anyway i like THE GREEN LANTERN SHOW ALOT,MY MOST FAVORITE SINCE I DO LIKE THE GREEN LANTERN CONCEPT,and i don't know if it's better then young justice or not since i have only seen one ep. of young justice.
I have friend that would have prefer john stewart over hal jordan too but the shows he have so far compared, green lantern and young justice ,he told me he gives it to green lantern show so far
IMO YJ is the best show since JLU. I'd prefer B:TB&TB over GLTAS. You should catch up on YJ if you get the chance. It's worth it.

Finally off work. Y'all have a happy & safe Thanksgiving

Last edited by brainchild81; 11-22-2012 at 03:50 PM.
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #578
HighFivingMF
Welp.

He has nothing against Wally either. He, again, wrote one of the definitive runs on for Wally. Included Wally as a supporting character in Barry's book when he wrote it and had planned on giving him a back-up feature before those plans were cancelled. If anyone has something against Wally, it's DiDio.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #579
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Yeah, but, but.... Shut up .

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #580
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He has nothing against Wally either. He, again, wrote one of the definitive runs on for Wally. Included Wally as a supporting character in Barry's book when he wrote it and had planned on giving him a back-up feature before those plans were cancelled. If anyone has something against Wally, it's DiDio.
Will DiDio's reign of terror never end?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #581
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

I don't like DiDio. Gonna be metapissed if YJ gets the axe and GL doesn't

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by brainchild81; 11-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #582
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

either:

Hal the hothead
Barry the everyman
Cyborg (for diversity's sake. perhaps for JL2)

or

John the everyman, and for diversity's sake
Wally the goofball
Manhunter

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #583
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
either:

Hal the hothead
Barry the everyman
Cyborg (for diversity's sake. perhaps for JL2)

or

John the everyman, and for diversity's sake
Wally the goofball
Manhunter
Pretty much. Manhunter should perhaps be saved for the sequel, as well!

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #584
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
I don't like DiDio. Gonna be metapissed if YJ gets the axe and GL doesn't
Again, nobody at DC cancels shows. The network does that.

Also, why would you be mad that GL outlasts YJ, if it were to happen? Be mad Young Justice is gone, but being mad that something you don't watch or read exists is just silly.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #585
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
You cant use Wally before Barry. Wally wouldn't have powers if it wasn't for him being in Barrys lab.

Barry is Flash in the comics right now. Ditto with Hal.
Adaptions can change things.

Or, they can always start with the first movie with Wally, in which Barry was still the Flash before him (like the NiteOwls in Watchmen).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #586
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Again, nobody at DC cancels shows. The network does that.

Also, why would you be mad that GL outlasts YJ, if it were to happen? Be mad Young Justice is gone, but being mad that something you don't watch or read exists is just silly.
I love YJ and it's more successful than GL, which I don't love. If something I like gets canceled instead of something I don't like, especially when the thing I dislike isn't as popular to begin with, I'll be pissed. I'm not really concerned about what you think I should be pissed about. If GL gets scrapped there's a chance WB might smarten up & cut back on the CG shows and Hal Jordan. I want those things to happen. Same as how I want there to be no more Twilight type movies or TV shows.

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by brainchild81; 11-26-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #587
storyteller
Side-Kick

For me John and Wally are my green lantern and Flash. Sometimes I'm partial to Kyle. I started reading after the other guys were in the ground for a while. I would prefer John because he's a black guy. Though Kyle being a minority also works as well. Though you could make Wally black and I probably wouldn't care.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #588
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
For me John and Wally are my green lantern and Flash. Sometimes I'm partial to Kyle. I started reading after the other guys were in the ground for a while. I would prefer John because he's a black guy. Though Kyle being a minority also works as well. Though you could make Wally black and I probably wouldn't care.
But why would they do that? Changing the race of characters literally for no reason whatsoever is what gets fans upset. They very well could make Wally black or Hispanic or Native American but there would really be no practical reason for it. The Justice League doesn't need racial diversity THAT badly.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #589
mace1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep I love YJ and it's more successful than GL, which I don't love. If something I like gets canceled instead of something I don't like, especially when the thing I dislike isn't as popular to begin with, I'll be pissed. I'm not really concerned about what you think I should be pissed about. If GL gets scrapped there's a chance WB might smarten up & cut back on the CG shows and Hal Jordan. I want those things to happen. Same as how I want there to be no more Twilight type movies or TV shows.
You should give green lantern cartoon a chance it's really good.
IT's a great series.
I can't speak for anyone else here but i will give more of my views.

I seen all of the justice league and i think green lantern is on the same level or better then justice league,so if justice league is on the same level has young justice then the green lantern cartoon is about the same level or better.

I Think overall the green lantern story is better then both however.

It's story is really strong and i really like that they went the computer animation way for this type of superhero and i have watch each ep a few times,plus they are in space alot and on other planets alot.

Green lantern is like the silver surfur for dc because they are in space alot,of course green lantern story is older then the silver surfur story.
That the type of superhero show i have been waiting for awhile now before i even knew about young justice.

My two most favorite mainstream superheros/or their concepts is the green lantern universe and the black panther.

Green lantern for the space stuff,and it's a combination of star wars and star trek with superheros in it,and black panther because of africa and that overall concept.
I love africa and love space.
Space interest me alot and explorating other planets and i am african centered.

That was one of my main complains about the movie,they should have been more in space like the cartoon,but i still enjoy the movie and i thought it was good,not great but good.

The added scene for the dvd made the story a little stronger however,and i would have enjoy it better if john stewart was in it or a cameo and if it had more action and more focus on space and other planets,at least for the first movie.
The overall story would have been stronger.

Every space scene clearly was the strongest part of the movie and the last scenes and all the action action scenes.

Of course i would have enjoyed it more if john stewart was in it or if he was the main focus,but since i really like the green lantern concept or universe i let that slide abit.

Hopefully john stewart will be in the next one.

Last edited by mace1; 12-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #590
mace1
Side-Kick

Speaking of black panther if there is a movie i wonder if they show africa,because that is the the background for the black panther,but hollywerid might screw that up.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #591
mace1
Side-Kick

I enjoy the black panther cartoon alot has well.I still need to see the rest of it later.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #592
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

If you're talking about the BET motion comic series, I agree. I saw it on my xbox w/Netflix. Enjoyed it a lot
Quote:
You should give green lantern cartoon a chance it's really good.
IT's a great series.
I can't speak for anyone else here but i will give more of my views.

I seen all of the justice league and i think green lantern is on the same level or better then justice league,so if justice league is on the same level has young justice then the green lantern cartoon is about the same level or better.
Never thought I'd hear that. JL/JLU raised the bar for superhero shows IMO. It's the show I compare all other superhero shows to. YJ & A:EMH are the only shows since that I'd place on a similar level. I gave GLTAS 2 chances. Saw the 1st ep & the Guy ep. Neither impressed me but it was cool seeing Guy make fun of Hal's silly mask. I'm not a big fan of Hal or CG animation. The show's not horrible. It's just not for me. I'd say the only current superhero show that GL tops is USM & that's because USM is horrible.
Quote:
I Think overall the green lantern story is better then both however.

It's story is really strong and i really like that they went the computer animation way for this type of superhero and i have watch each ep a few times,plus they are in space alot and on other planets alot.

Green lantern is like the silver surfur for dc because they are in space alot,of course green lantern story is older then the silver surfur story.
That the type of superhero show i have been waiting for awhile now before i even knew about young justice.

My two most favorite mainstream superheros/or their concepts is the green lantern universe and the black panther.

Green lantern for the space stuff,and it's a combination of star wars and star trek with superheros in it,and black panther because of africa and that overall concept.
I love africa and love space.
Space interest me alot and explorating other planets and i am african centered.
I'm not a big fan of the GL concept. I do like it more when the guy in the suit is badass and interesting tho. Not wearing a silly mask is also a plus. I'd like John even if he didn't have powers because he's an interesting character to me.

Black Panther is awesome. I've liked him in everything except that awful Ultimate Avengers 2 movie where they ruined his mask and gave him the power to transform into a Panther-creature. He was really great on A:EMH.
Quote:
That was one of my main complains about the movie,they should have been more in space like the cartoon,but i still enjoy the movie and i thought it was good,not great but good.

The added scene for the dvd made the story a little stronger however,and i would have enjoy it better if john stewart was in it or a cameo and if it had more action and more focus on space and other planets,at least for the first movie.
The overall story would have been stronger.

Every space scene clearly was the strongest part of the movie and the last scenes and all the action action scenes.

Of course i would have enjoyed it more if john stewart was in it or if he was the main focus,but since i really like the green lantern concept or universe i let that slide abit.

Hopefully john stewart will be in the next one.
If they have a next one. Hal's movie failed hard & WB/DC's always been cautious about making films for people that ain't Bats or Supes. Hal's flop didn't do them any favors. I thought it was a horrible movie from start to finish. My only consolation is that I saw it for free on HBO, but that's still 2 hours I'll never get back.

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #593
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I definitely wouldn't put Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes on the same level as JLU. No doubt it was an entertaining show, but the fact that it didn't finish and the overall childishness hurt it a bit, I feel. I know I should keep in mind the target audience but because of that they had to sort of stoop things down to a childlike level to effectively reach them.

JL and JLU was definitely made for kids but there was a level of maturity behind it that A:EMH did not have. Plus JLU had a more linear story and had a more definitive ending.

I know that isn't really the argument here, but I just wanted to say that. However, I did like the GL cartoon. It's also pretty childish but not overall so. I mean, in the very first episode, we watched the bad guys blow up an entire planet, killing one one of the good guys which left a child fatherless. I was shocked that they did that following the tone that the rest of the episode had followed. I hope it sticks around just as long as Young Justice.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #594
mace1
Side-Kick

EDITED-

Quote:
If you're talking about the BET motion comic series, I agree. I saw it on my xbox w/Netflix. Enjoyed it a lotNever thought I'd hear that. JL/JLU raised the bar for superhero shows IMO. It's the show I compare all other superhero shows to. YJ & A:EMH are the only shows since that I'd place on a similar level. I gave GLTAS 2 chances. Saw the 1st ep & the Guy ep. Neither impressed me but it was cool seeing Guy make fun of Hal's silly mask. I'm not a big fan of Hal or CG animation. The show's not horrible. It's just not for me. I'd say the only current superhero show that GL tops is USM & that's because USM is horrible. I'm not a big fan of the GL concept. I do like it more when the guy in the suit is badass and interesting tho. Not wearing a silly mask is also a plus. I'd like John even if he didn't have powers because he's an interesting character to me.

Black Panther is awesome. I've liked him in everything except that awful Ultimate Avengers 2 movie where they ruined his mask and gave him the power to transform into a Panther-creature. He was really great on A:EMH. If they have a next one. Hal's movie failed hard & WB/DC's always been cautious about making films for people that ain't Bats or Supes. Hal's flop didn't do them any favors. I thought it was a horrible movie from start to finish. My only consolation is that I saw it for free on HBO, but that's still 2 hours I'll never get back.
Green lantern got better has time went on.

The second ep. i thought was really good (that's the one when the planet was blown up and the father died) but green lantern had alot of really good stories to great.You should give it another shot.
Watch on it youtube or download it,It's really good.
I love space battles and fight scenes and battles on other planets.
IT's a great series and i enjoyed it alot and the music is great.

IT has better music then any superhero show so far.

The reason i said that green lantern is great series so far is because many ep to me were very good to great,While justice league has it went on it had some ep. that were not that really good on average.

I am really glad they went to CG animation for green lantern,i am big fan of it and it make sense for this type of show because they are in space lot and other planets and it make sense for the fight scenes and went they use thier rings etc... etc...

Justice league unlimited was the weakest part of justice on average,of course there were alot of really good ep.,but to me if compare the overall series to green lantern, green lantern stories on average is stronger so far.

Oh and i really like the green lantern concept,meaning someone from earth could be chosen who is worthy could get great powers like john stewart,or guy or hal etc... and become the protectors of the universe,plus i enjoy the green lantern comics.
Green lantern stories on average are the strongest in dc,that is why the movie should have been better.Of course the green lantern stories tend to be better or get better down the road on average.

I love space stuff,i am into startrek and starwars that's why green lantern/s are my favorite dc superheroes.

I was waiting for green lantern movie for a longtime,and i wish it was better but i still enjoyed it.

I Know this for sure it was better then batman 4 from the 90's,and better then superman 3 and 4 and i enjoyed all them.

I Thought green lantern movie was good,not great but good.

Hopefully if there is another green lantern movie john stewart should be in it,either a main focus or working with hal.

The green lantern animated series should make up for the movie however.It's much better and more action pack.

Other dc Characters are have been shown in this animated series just like with superman the animated series.

Give the green lantern series another shot.It' s great show and john stewart most likely will come in soon.

I Try to see all the dc superhero shows,movies,cartoon and marvel ones has well.

lately i have not been keeping up,so i do need to see more of young justice,batman brave and the bold etc.. but later i will see them all.

Oh you should check out the two green lantern animated movies.

Really good stuff with alot of action,and really good action like the green lantern animated series.

Marvel needs a proper silver surfur movie.

He's one of my top favorite marvel superheroes.

I enjoy silver surfur because he is really powerful like the green lantern and superman and he deals with space and other planets alot.

Note- the second ep was really when something happen to the planet.

Last edited by mace1; 12-14-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #595
mace1
Side-Kick

Oh and has for Ultimate Avengers 2,i like it.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #596
mace1
Side-Kick

Speaking of space related stuff the new star trek movie and superman movie is coming out.
They both look really good.
Has for man of steel,i think this is going to be the best superman movie so far.

Last edited by mace1; 12-14-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #597
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

The bar hasn't really been set high tho. This could be the best live action movie Supes ever had and still be mediocre. I doubt GLTAS will last long enough for John to show up. If he does, I'll give the show a 3rd chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
I definitely wouldn't put Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes on the same level as JLU. No doubt it was an entertaining show, but the fact that it didn't finish and the overall childishness hurt it a bit, I feel. I know I should keep in mind the target audience but because of that they had to sort of stoop things down to a childlike level to effectively reach them.

JL and JLU was definitely made for kids but there was a level of maturity behind it that A:EMH did not have. Plus JLU had a more linear story and had a more definitive ending.

I know that isn't really the argument here, but I just wanted to say that. However, I did like the GL cartoon. It's also pretty childish but not overall so. I mean, in the very first episode, we watched the bad guys blow up an entire planet, killing one one of the good guys which left a child fatherless. I was shocked that they did that following the tone that the rest of the episode had followed. I hope it sticks around just as long as Young Justice.
I think both shows are doomed. I hope I'm wrong, but that'd be rare.

AEMH was mature enough. I hated the way it ended too tho. The show never got a chance to shine as much as it could have. If only they'd been given more time & Loeb wasn't allowed anywhere near it. I'm not gonna say much more about it here but even tho I like JLU better(mostly because they had more time to work with) NOTHING on JL/JLU or YJ was anywhere near as epic as the Avengers v Graviton fight. I can find a more appropriate thread for this if need be.

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #598
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
EDITED-

IT has better music then any superhero show so far.
Justice League season 1 & 2 intro.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #599
Blackman
C'mon Son

I still reallly hope they use Wally. Although I know that's pretty much a no go at this point

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #600
mace1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
Justice League season 1 & 2 intro.
Yes,the music in the show on average is better then justice league season 1 & 2 intro.