The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #426
ChrisB
Batman News

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Can you tell how many chapters the DVD/Blu-ray has in the film itself? I know WB has done a lot of cost-cutting measures in the past few years -- including minimizing the number of scene selections in their recent film catalog releases. I know WB waived the 10-15 chapter treatment for their last two HP films (which got the usual amount of chapters as the previous six movies did). Did they do that for TDKR as well?

The number of chapters won't prevent me from getting the movie, but it's just something I want to know.
I can give you a definite answer tonight, but from browsing through the Blu-ray yesterday I think I remember there being 18 chapters.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #427
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

I seriously can't wait to see the featurette for TDKR release, I was so disappointed with the regular TDK edition featurette. I'm glad to see that there are plenty in TDKR soon I'll own it and add it to the rest of my Batman collection.

"A Girl's Gotta Eat" featurette clip
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRnR-bdA4YM

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 11-21-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #428
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Trailer Archive (HD, 9 minutes): Four theatrical trailers round out the package.
4? does that mean the MTV trailer?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #429
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
4? does that mean the MTV trailer?
Most likely the Nokia one

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #430
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I seriously can't wait to see the featurette for TDKR release, I was so disappointed with the regular TDK edition featurette. I'm glad to see that there are plenty in TDKR soon I'll own it and add it to the rest of my Batman collection.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There are 3 of these types of featurettes. One for Batman, Bane, and Catwoman. I've only watched Catwoman's so far, it's about 7 minutes long. I was also disappointed with TDK's special features, TDKR has a lot more for fans to enjoy!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #431
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
There are 3 of these types of featurettes. One for Batman, Bane, and Catwoman. I've only watched Catwoman's so far, it's about 7 minutes long. I was also disappointed with TDK's special features, TDKR has a lot more for fans to enjoy!
AWESOME!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #432
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkkn....php?v=collage

The link is advertising The Dark Knights Rises' Blu Ray launch on 4 th Dec.

Share the link on facebook / Twitter to unlock something (like a new Poster, promo pics, another teaser ) of the Man Of Steel movie.
How did it go from 51% down to 27%? This is like that Virtual Theater contest from Fandango all over again.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #433
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Review from DVDBeaver

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...es_blu-ray.htm

Which means moar "official screenshots"!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #434
Boom
I got nothin'

Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #435
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

is the steelbook version still available for pre order?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #436
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #437
JackWhite
Third Man

^lmfao!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #438
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Dat Cat Ass.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #439
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Bahahahaha anime Bane's eyes. Priceless.

Free Original Music
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #440
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Unboxing + Menu display (@ 12:23) on blu-ray:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The guys in the video were speaking in Czech.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!

Last edited by Dragon_316ca; 11-21-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #441
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Damn I hate the idea of double dipping but i so want to see the film again in hd. I'm planning on getting the ultimate trilogy edition when that comes out.

The special features on the reg. edition just like for TDK seem pretty basic and not that exceptional.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #442
batfreakforever
A real fan

Just ordered the bat cowl edition bluray. Yes 4 days to go.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #443
Valmont103
Newbie First Class

Happy Thanksgiving. Just got my copy of Dark Knight Rises on Blu last night. Watched the Batmobile featurette. As well as the one on Bruce and Selina. Also the Bomb Chase Scene. And for those wondering how I got a copy almost 2 weeks in advance in New York there are DVD shops that always get films early. Just gotta know which ones.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #444
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I just pre-ordered the Cowl edition

Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #445
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Unboxing of TDK Trilogy Blu-ray (@ 3:10) and Cowl Edition (@ 7:20):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #446
Binker
Side-Kick

Question: the Dark Knight Trilogy blu-ray; is it just the blu-ray versions of BB, TDK, and TDKR, complete with all the features (that are listed on blu-ray.com)? I'm asking because I don't want to find out that the trilogy has bare bones features. yknow

Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #447
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Question: the Dark Knight Trilogy blu-ray; is it just the blu-ray versions of BB, TDK, and TDKR, complete with all the features (that are listed on blu-ray.com)? I'm asking because I don't want to find out that the trilogy has bare bones features. yknow
It has the special features discs for Knight and Rises.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #448
TheBlur
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Trilogy DVD Box Set looks BEAUTIFUL! Why, oh, why is the Blu-ray one so "Meh" looking?!

The Blu-ray Box Set shown on the video actually looks pretty nice, I really like it. But the all-blue one with the Bat Cowl looks so... Meh.

Last edited by TheBlur; 11-22-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #449
TheBlur
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Trilogy DVD Box Set looks BEAUTIFUL! Why, oh, why is the Blu-ray one so "Meh" looking?!

The Blu-ray Box Set on the video actually looks pretty nice, I really like it. But the all-blue one with the Bat Cowl looks so... Meh.

Last edited by TheBlur; 11-22-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #450
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Just finished watching the Bruce & Selina specials. It was nice although I wished it was longer. The BW one is just 8mins and the Selina one was at 9mins.

Closed Thread