Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #226
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Does Skyward Sword looks amazing on the WiiU? Does it upconvert the resolution?
Yeah, I was just going to ask if the WiiU upconverts Wii games.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #227
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Level for level, gun for gun, the campaign, multiplayer and zombies content of Black Ops 2 on Wii U is almost the same. This version may cut the livestreaming feature, and currently doesnít have Elite, but it makes up for it with some nifty GamePad functionality. The GamePad really steals the show on Black Ops II Wii U. While you can play with a Wii remote and nunchuck, a classic controller or even the new Wii U Pro controller, the GamePadís button layout feels closest to what you might expect coming from the 360 or PS3 versions. It also offers some touchscreen options in multiplayer that are sometimes useful, and completely optional to use. You can change your class without having to bring up the start screen, for instance, or call in Scorestreaks with on-screen buttons (less than ideal in an intense situation, but it is optional), or use the GamePad as your minimap regardless of what controller youíre using.

Moreover itís built-in screen offers functionality that no other platform has. Namely, the ability to play any portion of the game via SecondScreen gameplay. Black Ops 2 occasionally drops in frame-rate no matter how you play it, but both regular and SecondScreen gameplay function well enough that I never felt at a disadvantage or that it took away from the fun, even when playing the super speedy online multiplayer. Even cooler, you can play online split-screen multiplayer without having to actually split your screens. You can still play with two people on the same TV, or, thanks to some brilliant designers, use the GamePad as your second playerís screen.

One additional caveat about Black Ops II on Wii U: Its multiplayer is every bit as fun as that on other platforms, but hardly anyone is playing right now. I could easily find games of Team Deathmatch, but finding games in other modes or in League Play is currently nigh impossible.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Review (Wii U) - 9.3
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...2-wii-u-review

Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #228
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

At work playing my Wii U...cause you don't need a TV!! Just the system and the tablet!

Miiverse I had doubts about, mostly because I never found the Miis as personal as Xbox's more customizable Avatars. But i spend a lot of time posting and lurking on Miiverse. I'm surprised at how trolls and spammers are almost non-existant there...though I dont like the fact that only posters who can draw seem to get any replies.

I'm loving the subtleties the U has. played around with the camera. I was skeptical about giving this thing a camera, but Nintendo did it right. You can only send pictures/live footage to people you know. So you never have to worry about seeing penises from strangers here...just penises from your friend-list

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #229
BattleCat
Side-Kick

So IGN rates the WII U a 7.6 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/21/wii-u-review

Old 11-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #230
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Funny... I rate IGN a solid... 3.5.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #231
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

So... The game pad needing outlet charging earns it a negative? Why? The 3DS needs outlet charging...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #232
Batspider77
"SPOILER JUNKIE"

Can the wii u pad be used as an pointer... wiiremote like,for fps?
in that vid it looks like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CxK...e_gdata_player

Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #233
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
So... The game pad needing outlet charging earns it a negative? Why? The 3DS needs outlet charging...
The 3DS isn't a controller...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #234
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
The 3DS isn't a controller...
So? Still takes up an outlet space. I've had long sessions with the WiiU with no real issues with recharging...

So.. Unless they say in the review "short battery life and need of a wall charge" I think it's a dumb complaint. A very nit picky complaint.

Revelation 22:20
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #235
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Name another controller that requires a separate outlet to charge with. That's what they are complaining about.

The 3DS has nothing to do with it, it's a console not a controller.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 11-25-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #236
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

However every single controller on the market requires to be charged in some way or another. Every single one. The Wii Remotes, the Playstation 3 DualShock, the XBox360 Controller.

The only difference here is the method. It's an incredibly nit picky complaint.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #237
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Damn what has been pissing me off is my WiiU is freezing a lot all of a sudden. I read that there is a new update coming out that will supposedly fix it. I hope so.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #238
Soapy
It's happening again...

"Nitpicky" or not it's a valid complaint.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #239
Mogwai
Fanboy

Can't wait to get mine.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #240
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
However every single controller on the market requires to be charged in some way or another. Every single one. The Wii Remotes, the Playstation 3 DualShock, the XBox360 Controller.

The only difference here is the method. It's an incredibly nit picky complaint.
The WiiU has USB ports on it, which is how the PS3 and 360 charge their controllers. Everything else uses batteries. Requiring a second power outlet to charge the controller is a valid complaint when reviewing a piece of hardware. I know the powerstrip near my TV is usually pretty crowded.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 11-25-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #241
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I say it's a valid negative, but not one that would kill my excitement or really piss me off personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #242
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
The WiiU has USB ports on it, which is how the PS3 and 360 charge their controllers. Everything else uses batteries. Requiring a second power outlet to charge the controller is a valid complaint when reviewing a piece of hardware. I know the powerstrip near my TV is usually pretty crowded.
Those are controllers, not tablets. My phone always took forever to charge when I used the USB through my computer as does my iPod touch. It would take substantially longer to charge the Gamepad through the WiiU's USB port than it would through the outlet. I'll take a minor inconvenience to have it charge faster.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #243
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I can see it being a minor annoyance, but I don't see it being so much of a one that you knock it down a grade or cut off points of it's overall review score. That's just looking for **** to knock it for.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #244
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U Sales Hit 400,000 In The U.S.

News
on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Nintendo said today it has sold 400,000 units of the Wii U last week during the console's launch in the United States, according to the company's internal sales estimates.
... More

source:GI

Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #245
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

question for you guys. I'm playing Mario U, i'm playing on my HDTV, why is the gamepad showing me the gameplay as well? How do I get rid of the gamepad gameplay if i'm using my TV for gameplay? Is it suppose to be like that?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #246
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Yes.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #247
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes.
really, it's annoying. I though the gamepad's screen if off when it needs to be, and if you want to transfer the game to the tV to gamepad is a touch of a button.

I didnt' realize that the game plays on both screens, seems like a waste of battery

Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #248
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Not sure what to say to that... How's it annoying? Honest question...? Do you often look down? If so...Keep playing while looking down? NSMBU doesn't make the best use of the game pad being "active" during a game...But most do. ZombiU, Batman, Scribblenaughts all use the game pad while playing as other things.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #249
Havok83
Side-Kick

Shouldnt there be a way to turn off the gamepad's screen. Im always concerned about products like that having the pixels in the LCD burn out, especially when they are on unnecesarily. As he also said, he brought up a good point in that its also a drainer on the battery and that could be preserved if it could be shut off

Quote:
Not sure what to say to that... How's it annoying? Honest question...? Do you often look down? If so...Keep playing while looking down? NSMBU doesn't make the best use of the game pad being "active" during a game...But most do. ZombiU, Batman, Scribblenaughts all use the game pad while playing as other things.
I can imagine the light being annoying when playing in the dark

Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #250
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I would find it distracting while playing, just something that will draw your gaze away from the screen from time to time. There should be an in-game option to turn off the Gamepad's display to conserve battery or if it's just reproducing what is on the TV. I'd have to play it myself to know for sure how I feel (saving mine for Christmas, too much work). It's not a big deal, just something that would have made it just a little better.

Closed Thread