The interrogation room
The chase with Joker's convoy truck
Harvey Dent and Rachel in Joker's trap

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #52
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Top 3 Favorite Scenes From The Dark Knight Trilogy

The last five minutes of The Dark Knight Rises (Just beautiful)
The last five minutes of The Dark Knight (like nothing I've ever seen in a comic book film before. Completely ballsy)
The last five minutes of Batman Begins (The moment I knew I was going to love this series)

Basically Nolan just can not go wrong with endings each one is just spectacular.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #53
batfreakforever
A real fan

To me its insane to pick afew scenes from the trilogy. I loved each movie when they were each released, watched them to death. Will do the same when Tdkr comes home. Different movies called for different action involving different characters. I really try to choose but just cant.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #54
Ant-LOX
Bathman

One from each film, right now, at this moment. Because the films are more than just "movies" they are experiences for me.

BB: Bruce enters the cave, and the Bats fly around, really cool.

TDK: Birth of The Bat-Pod - Honestly, WTF. In the theatres, I had to cover my eyes, partially, I still love the scene.

TDKR: BATMAN FLIES IN THE AIR WITH CATWOMAN!! *Explodes*

I haven't even seen a movie since TDKR in theatres, nothing can top it.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #55
superiorSpidey

TDKR Prologue
TDK Interrogation Scene
BB Final Battle (Batman vs. Ras Al Ghul)

superiorSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #56
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
The last five minutes of The Dark Knight Rises (Just beautiful)
The last five minutes of The Dark Knight (like nothing I've ever seen in a comic book film before. Completely ballsy)
The last five minutes of Batman Begins (The moment I knew I was going to love this series)

Basically Nolan just can not go wrong with endings each one is just spectacular.
I think if we're going to talk about ballsy, both endings of TDK and TDKR fit that category. We will never see any ending of a CBM to compare with those two.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #57
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I think if we're going to talk about ballsy, both endings of TDK and TDKR fit that category. We will never see any ending of a CBM to compare with those two.
Very true. But I felt it more truer to TDK as its posssibly the only CBM where the hero pretty much loses at the end and it's a testament to the Nolan's and the character himself that it was pulled off and no one complained.

TDKR on the other hand is my favourite 5 minutes of cinema ever. Just beautiful and although it doesn't really give a resolution to everything it just really ******* works. From the acting to the music to the editing to what happening to the pace is just pitch perfect for me.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #58
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Countdown mode, with explanations:

3. Bane breaks Batman-The best action sequence of the entire series, bar none. This mano-y-mano fight offers just enough hope-spots to keep the audience waiting while also emphasizing just how badly beaten Bruce is by the end of the fight. Yet despite how broken the bat is after the sheer awesomeness, the audience witnesses the truth in Bane's last taunt: "I was wondering which would break first-your spirit-or-your- Body!" Unlike the comics, we are left enough faith in Bruce's spirit to know thta when he gets out of the pit, there'll be hell to pay.

2. Final fight with the Joker/ferry sequence-This scene plays out almost like a physical manifestation of a spiritual battle. We've got the forces of righteousness championed by Batman against the chaotic evils heralded by Joker in a scene that involves twists, turns, and pretty awesome choreography. While the Joker may not be a true match for Batman, his raw ferocity gives him a momentary upper-hand, while we finally see Gotham through Bruce's eyes, as a place worth fighting for.

3. The Dark Knight Returns-TDKR kept Batman off stage for most of the first act, and right up until the Stock exchange scene, it's been Bane's movie. And then from the darkness rides Batman, entering the scene exactly as he exited TDK. The music, the acting the reactions of everyone to his return is amazing. Even Bane does a double-take at his return!

Last edited by godisawesome; 11-19-2012 at 06:52 PM.
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #59
Travesty
TEOL

BB: Tumbler chase
TDK: interrogation scene
TDKR: Back breaking fight scene

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #60
Macrotus
Side-Kick

It's impossible for me to pick three, but it has always been the more sentimental scenes rather than the action/blow up stuff scenes that gets to me.

One of those scenes is when Bruce did the third climb in TDKR, and the blind man and the other inmates chanted Deshi Basara. I can't lie, tears streamed down my face when he made that jump.

That scene in TDK when he's sitting in his bat suit with the cowl in his hands, and Alfred walks up to him to give Rachel's letter is another one of those scenes.

Another beautiful scene is in BB, when Batman is climbing up a ladder and a kid tells him: "The other kids won't believe me." I kind of wished that John Blake would've turned out to be that kid. That was my first impression watching TDKR, because my mind was so set on that.

And how beautiful was this:

Macrotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #61
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrotus View Post
It's impossible for me to pick three, but it has always been the more sentimental scenes rather than the action/blow up stuff scenes that gets to me.

One of those scenes is when Bruce did the third climb in TDKR, and the blind man and the other inmates chanted Deshi Basara. I can't lie, tears streamed down my face when he made that jump.

That scene in TDK when he's sitting in his bat suit with the cowl in his hands, and Alfred walks up to him to give Rachel's letter is another one of those scenes.

Another beautiful scene is in BB, when Batman is climbing up a ladder and a kid tells him: "The other kids won't believe me." I kind of wished that John Blake would've turned out to be that kid. That was my first impression watching TDKR, because my mind was so set on that.

And how beautiful was this:
That shot speaks volumes.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #62
Victarion
Cut

I can't believe I forgot the mourning shot of Bruce. It was wellplayed, as was the shot in the gif of Batman on the wreckage.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #63
Batmatic
Side-Kick

1. Asylum to Tumbler chase in Batman Begins - I damn near had a nerd-gasm because Year One is my favorite graphic novel. Also made me a believe in the Tumbler.

2. Ending of The Dark Knight - One of the best endings, not just in comic book films, but in film period.

3. Bank Robbery in The Dark Knight - The first (of many) IMAX scenes, a nod to Heat (one of my favorite crime films) and an excellent introduction to pop culture's favorite screen villains.

1 9 7 9 - 2 0 0 8
Batmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #64
Robin91939
Master Tim

1.) "Then... I will break you."
2.) "He's here... The Batman."
3.) "I'm not a monster...I'm just ahead of the curve."

Honorable mention:

4.) "You thought we could be decent men, in an indecent time!"

-R

Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #65
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

I tried to do this, but I can't. Anytime I pick three scenes, I say "Wait, but what about that scene, or that scene?" This is too hard!

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #66
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

I'll give this thread a try....

All from TDKR, in chronological order:

1) When the police think they cornered Batman, and he flies away in The Bat
2) When Gordon realizes that Batman and Bruce are the same person
3) When everyone that know's Batman's true identity is at the cemetery

Or as someone else simply put, the last 5 minutes of TDKR.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #67
CJ
Derpy Derp

1. TDK: Sonar-Vision Batman rescuing the hostages and facing off against The Joker while the ferries ponder whether or not to detonate the bomb.

2. BB: Batman fighting Ras on the train as the city literally goes insane.

3. TDK: Batman racing to save Rachel, while Gordon flies down the streets trying to save Harvey, all while The Joker makes his escape.

Last edited by CJ; 11-22-2012 at 11:28 PM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #68
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
1. TDK: Sonar-Vision Batman rescuing the hostages and facing off against The Joker while the ferries ponder whether or not to detonate the bomb.

2. BB: Batman fighting Ras on the train as the city literally goes insane.

3. TDK: Batman racing to save Rachel, while Gordon flies down the streets trying to save Harvey, all while The Joker makes his escape.
Nice choices.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #69
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

TDK: While Joker's ace in the hole speech comes close, it's the final confrontation with Dent, Gordon and Batman that does it for me. That scene is literally the culmination of everything the movie has been building up to and it's one of the best scenes I've ever seen in any movie. I'm getting chills just thinking about it now.

BB: Bruce almost killing Joe Chill. A phenomenal scene on so many levels, the performance, the music, the way it's shot. Fantastic, if short, scene. But the best part of it is the impact it has on the rest of the story, that sets it apart from just a great scene to one of the best in the entire film.

TDKR: The whole stock exchange sequence. From the beginning of the scene right up until the end of the police chase. I don't really care for the rooftop fight with Selina, but the rest of that scene is absolutely aces.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #70
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I find that the stock exchange scene sometimes becomes underrated because of the whole scene being viewed as 'silly'.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #71
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
I find that the stock exchange scene sometimes becomes underrated because of the whole scene being viewed as 'silly'.
Really? I haven't heard too much of that, but I'll take your word for it.

I found both Bane and his mercs to be extremely intimidating in that scene, especially when one of them pulls out his pistol and shoots the first guy he sees.

Scary.

Free Original Music
Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #72
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The whole idea of making Bruce lose his money or them able to continue doing so and the police not having cut off the stock market or other stock market lingo...I keep hearing complaints about that, but I don't even understand stock markets and what not so I never got that either with it being silly or whatever. I just let that stuff go by. Even watching that episode of Person of Interest dealing with the stock market...I just had to believe what they told me because my mind goes numb since I know nothing about it or how it works.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #73
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
The whole idea of making Bruce lose his money or them able to continue doing so and the police not having cut off the stock market or other stock market lingo...I keep hearing complaints about that, but I don't even understand stock markets and what not so I never got that either with it being silly or whatever. I just let that stuff go by. Even watching that episode of Person of Interest dealing with the stock market...I just had to believe what they told me because my mind goes numb since I know nothing about it or how it works.
I can definitely see where that criticism stems from and it is a bit far fetched, but it was never something that bothered me while watching it until people brought it up.

Vince Gilligan (creator of Breaking Bad) has said, paraphrasing here, that an audience will be okay with a coincidence/plot contrivance so long as it makes life more difficult for the protagonist.

I think TDKR is a prime example of this and why certain plot contrivances, such as the leg brace, are picked at so much more than others, such as Bane bankrupting Bruce.

Free Original Music
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #74
CJ
Derpy Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrotus View Post
Same here. Would've made the Blake/Wayne bond more meaningful, IMO.
I think I would have accepted Blake as the new Batman more if he was that kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
Nice choices.
Thank you. Crap. Now that I think about the series more, I have more and more great scenes to add to my list.. Oh well, just consider these "honorable mentions" I guess..

BB: Thomas Wayne pulling Bruce out of the well. The scene pulled off two things very well: Showing the love between Bruce and his father, and Alfred's love for Bruce. Alfred seemed jealous of Thomas a little bit as he watched him carry Bruce away to his mother. And then of course, there is that great image of Thomas pulling young Bruce's arm out of the well.

BB: Montage of Bruce's training. The cinematography and epic score by Hans and James Newton Howard makes this scene incredible. I love that shot of Bruce balancing himself on the pillars, then falling down and catching himself at the last second.

TDKR: The Bat-Pod chase. I love that thing. I hope the reboot has a similar motorcycle for Batman to ride.

Last edited by CJ; 11-23-2012 at 02:10 AM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #75
voeten
Newbie First Class

When Bruce ask to Alfred "You still haven't given up on me?" and then he reply "Never".
Bruce climb up from Prison.
all three film ending.

voeten is offline   Reply With Quote