The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #76
conan69
Cimmerian

Default Re: The X-men UNIFORM evolution on the sequel

Thing is leather is used to protect. Spiderman can get away with a spandex type suit becaue he has higher invulnerability.

It would make sense that non-invulnerable heroes, like Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, etc would wear suits that are a mixture of leather, mesh and lightweight armor.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #77
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
Thing is leather is used to protect. Spiderman can get away with a spandex type suit becaue he has higher invulnerability.

It would make sense that non-invulnerable heroes, like Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, etc would wear suits that are a mixture of leather, mesh and lightweight armor.
That depends how grounded and practical they want to make everything. Black Widow wasn't in an obviously protective suit in Avengers. The directive there was obviously making it look like the comics.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #78
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post

I agree. and as I said, a mix of materials would be perfect for x-men costumes. Specially taking into account previous costumes and the FC one, that mixs different materials perfectly.

That's the right direction to go. Just improve the design, making it cooler and more current, and use different colours for each character, and there you have it.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #79
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, Im all for a mixture of materials. Leather or spandex isnt gonna protect the X Men with what they go against haha. But the original X1-3 suits just look boring, especially in modern film times. Hopefully they make them a bit more individualized.

Last edited by def28; 11-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #80
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Leather or spandex isnt gonna protect the X Men with what they go against haha. The original X1-3 suits just look boring, especially in modern film times. Hopefully they make them a bit more individualized.
Agreed. I would like to see them adapt some of the individual heroes more iconic suits.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #81
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

if they were going for protective gear, they'd probably be wearing something more like G.I.Joe/TDK style costumes (bi-weave mesh with armor plating) not leather

I mean bikers wear leather for protection, again road rash an stuff, but, in actual fighting conditions, it would provide very little protection against, blades, gun fire,...

not to much, it would be restrictive/non breathable/un-comfortable
(I remember them talking about in behind the scene interviews on the first movie, the actors talking about he first day on set wearing the suits, and how they could barely move in them lol)

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #82
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, Im all for a mixture of materials. Leather or spandex isnt gonna protect the X Men with what they go against haha. But the original X1-3 suits just look boring, especially in modern film times. Hopefully they make them a bit more individualized.
Yep, it's time to embrace the comic books more, I think.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #83
Project862006
Banned User

^only to a certain extent some of these outfits just wont translate if you look at classic designs

cyclops for example

this wont work

but this could

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #84
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
but this could
this is probably the easiest costume from all the x-men costumes on the comics.

Just use a dark blue material, some yellow lines, a cool/current design and that's it.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #85
Mako
Galactic Crusier

No Yellow thigh bands?

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I'm not sure they should go for the condom head look though. Captain America from the Avengers flick, Flash from the live action TV show shows that look is hard to translate to film.

Maybe visible hair, same collar-type from the previous X-men movies, or even a brown bomber jacket (same style Rogue wears in the Animated series/Cyclops has been shown to wear these circa Jim Lee-pencilled issues). And a more streamlined and futuristic Visor.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #87
Octoberist
point blank

I love Cyclops' cowl

Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #88
Angamb
Banned User

I didnt like how Chris Evans looked with his helmet, we can tell not everyone looks good with his head covered... but in James Marsden case, I think he could look really good/cool with the cowl. His face structure is pretty fine for a leader, I think, he looked great with the visor, so a cowl wouldnt look as bad as we think.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #89
def28
Side-Kick

Id def like to see the cowl at some point.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #90
josh8
Side-Kick

I'm really not happy that Bryan brought back Louise Mingenbach. I didn't hate the idea of leather, but I hated her uninspired designs and all the awful clothing everyone had to wear in X1 and X2.

I hope she can handle the period aspect as well as the FC costume designer.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #91
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope the costumes wouldn't look so colorful like in the comics especially DOFP is related to the original trilogy. It would be odd to see Wolverine, Storm and the other X-Men from the original trilogy wearing costumes that look so different to the costumes of X1 to X3. I hope they keep black scheme for the future X-Men.

Future X-Men = Black costumes with a hint of color
Past X-Men = Yellow and blue costumes

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #92
Angamb
Banned User

definetly agree.

I want some colour and a new design, but with some connection too. Not a drastic change for the face, lol.

I want Evolution, not radical changes.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #93
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I expect no unifroms In future.In Past I expect similar outfits to first Class only evolved a
little.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #94
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

In the comics they never had uniforms in the future, but in the films it seems too good an opportunity to pass up! They should grab the chance to provide some fresh, exciting, more comic-inspired designs rather than just sticking them in dirty, torn street clothes.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #95
Angamb
Banned User

definetly. Fox and Bryan would be stupid to not take advantage of the current love for movie costumes and colours on these movies.

and we have to remember that Fox will reveal plenty of posters this time, and probably more merchandaising too, so..... I expect some kind of uniforms, or cool designs even if they end with "normal" clothes.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #96
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
In the comics they never had uniforms in the future, but in the films it seems too good an opportunity to pass up! They should grab the chance to provide some fresh, exciting, more comic-inspired designs rather than just sticking them in dirty, torn street clothes.
Yes. If they just give them casual street clothes, that would be just like Wolverine in XOW wearing casual clothes. Though I didn't mind Wolverine having no costume in his spinoff film but the "X-Men team" not wearing costumes would just suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and we have to remember that Fox will reveal plenty of posters this time, and probably more merchandaising too, so..... I expect some kind of uniforms, or cool designs even if they end with "normal" clothes.
I hope the character posters for DOFP will be so much better than the character posters for X3 and First Class.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #97
Angamb
Banned User

the X3 posters/wallpapers of the main actors were cool, I think.

But the "only face" promos were really simple, with that black background.

The First Class promo images had a good concept, but the result looked cheap, in my opinion.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the X3 posters/wallpapers of the main actors were cool, I think.

But the "only face" promos were really simple, with that black background.

The First Class promo images had a good concept, but the result looked cheap, in my opinion.
To me, I didn't like the character posters of X3 because they have different color schemes, like Angel's poster has color green, Beast's poster was reddish, then the set, the font. Collectively they just didn't look strong compare to the character posters of the other huge summer movies like for example, the Harry Potter movies.

The First Class character posters just looked really cheap and I'm not talking about the white posters of Professor X/Magneto, I'm talking about the character posters for Mystique, Azazel, Havok and the other characters. Like X3's character posters, the posters had different colors and I couldn't understand why they had to change the color of the background and then the lighting of the pictures were just bad. There was like no effort.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #99
Angamb
Banned User

I get your point on Harry Potter.

But the X3 posters had quality, I didnt care about different colours at all. In fact, that was cool, I think. Of course would have been great to have the same tone for ALL the x-men, but..... X-men franchise hasnt given us all we want, so... Im kind of used to it

Old 11-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #100
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
To me, I didn't like the character posters of X3 because they have different color schemes, like Angel's poster has color green, Beast's poster was reddish, then the set, the font. Collectively they just didn't look strong compare to the character posters of the other huge summer movies like for example, the Harry Potter movies.

The First Class character posters just looked really cheap and I'm not talking about the white posters of Professor X/Magneto, I'm talking about the character posters for Mystique, Azazel, Havok and the other characters. Like X3's character posters, the posters had different colors and I couldn't understand why they had to change the color of the background and then the lighting of the pictures were just bad. There was like no effort.
I actually liked the 6 posters and the trailers for X3.. more than the movie itself. lol

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote