Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #251
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Default Re: Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That is awesome! I kinda want to make one, lol.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #252
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Don't forget to pick up ASM #698 next month where
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Doc Ock learns Spidey's identity.

The **** is about to hit the fan

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #253
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the joker View Post
don't forget to pick up asm #698 next month where
doc ock learns spidey's identity.

the **** is about to hit the fan
aww hellz yeah

Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #254
Jack O Lantern
Mad Jack

And, after this weeks issue it looks like

Norman Osborn

will be involved as well.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #255
NCBIII
Side-Kick

What are some good Ock stories to read? I've read the classic Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita stuff, and I enjoyed his first two arcs in USM. If you have any suggestions, are any available in TPB? Thanks!

NCBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #256
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBIII View Post
What are some good Ock stories to read? I've read the classic Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita stuff, and I enjoyed his first two arcs in USM. If you have any suggestions, are any available in TPB? Thanks!
Ock's part in the Clone Saga (the original) has always been one of my favorite arcs (such a shame it didn't last).

The 2nd and 3rd Sinister Six arcs -> Armani Ock being the most badass mofo on the planet, for reals.

There are others, many others, but my brain's melting from lack of sleep and I've gotta run off to class. B)

OctoHaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #257
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Don't forget to pick up ASM #698 next month where
Doc Ock learns Spidey's identity.

The **** is about to hit the fan
It will definitely be an interesting read. Slott has said that a lot of continuity from past stories will be involved, cant wait to see what from which stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O Lantern View Post
And, after this weeks issue it looks like

Norman Osborn

will be involved as well.
Something else I'm looking forward to.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #258
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure is a great one, too, along with the ones OctoHaz mentioned.

His arc in Spectacular Spider-Man #73-79 is also glorious. Ock is so sinister in it that he scares Spider-Man.

- The Joker
Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #259
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Has anyone read ASM #698? Be prepared for a whopper of a spoiler, the greatest act of evil Ock has ever performed on Spidey
Ock has managed to transfer his mind into Peter's body and transfer Peter's mind into Ock's dying body.

In The Raft a swat team is called into Doc Ock’s room where he is on his death bed after he began murmuring something. The doctor present wants to be on the safe side after him almost wiping out mankind during EOTE even in his weakened state. A swat guy then leans in to hear what he’s saying- (the clues on the cover).

At the raft Captain America is there with Haweye, Wolvie, Spider-Woman…and maybe someone else as he tells Spidey Ock is on his death bed and has been asking for Peter Parker. Inside Peter says he wants to talk to Doc on his own without cameras (bad idea)…. as he walks into Ock’s room alone. Inside Ock croaks out ‘peter …. parker’. ‘Yes, I am Peter Parker’ Says Spidey, removing his mask for Otto.

Then Spidey? says- ‘No I am Peter Parker’ and explains how Octavius has switched bodies with Peter. Peter now inhabits Ock’s broken and dying body and Ock inhabits the body of Spider-Man with all of his knowledge and memories. Gloating Ock announces how Spidey will now die never knowing how he performed his greatest trick. Ock’s body containing Peter Parker’s soul then goes into cardiac arrest and he dies as Ock strides off in Peter’s body!!!

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-23-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #260
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Spectacular Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #6 to #10. Its a story called Countdown.

Quote:
Has anyone read ASM #698? Be prepared for a whopper of a spoiler, the greatest act of evil Ock has ever performed on Spidey
Ock has managed to transfer his mind into Peter's body and transfer Peter's mind into Ock's dying body.

In The Raft a swat team is called into Doc Ock’s room where he is on his death bed after he began murmuring something. The doctor present wants to be on the safe side after him almost wiping out mankind during EOTE even in his weakened state. A swat guy then leans in to hear what he’s saying- (the clues on the cover).

At the raft Captain America is there with Haweye, Wolvie, Spider-Woman…and maybe someone else as he tells Spidey Ock is on his death bed and has been asking for Peter Parker. Inside Peter says he wants to talk to Doc on his own without cameras (bad idea)…. as he walks into Ock’s room alone. Inside Ock croaks out ‘peter …. parker’. ‘Yes, I am Peter Parker’ Says Spidey, removing his mask for Otto.

Then Spidey? says- ‘No I am Peter Parker’ and explains how Octavius has switched bodies with Peter. Peter now inhabits Ock’s broken and dying body and Ock inhabits the body of Spider-Man with all of his knowledge and memories. Gloating Ock announces how Spidey will now die never knowing how he performed his greatest trick. Ock’s body containing Peter Parker’s soul then goes into cardiac arrest and he dies as Ock strides off in Peter’s body!!!

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!
Trying..not..to look!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #261
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I've added scans to the spoiler. Seriously it is one of the most mind blowing twists I've ever read.

- The Joker
Old 11-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #262
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I wonder if the Superior Spidey is really going to be him...
But I have a feeling it won't.

Even though I'm not reading it, I hope it all ends well by the end of #700.

Last edited by Jick09; 11-23-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Jick09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #263
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

You might want to spoiler tag that, Jick.

- The Joker
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #264
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

I'm still flabbergasted by #698, especially as to the HOW and the WHEN.

As a plot situation, it's one of the crackiest things I've ever read in comics (I mean, seriously, if I saw it in a roleplay or a fanfic, I'd snort), but if Slott can execute it well and RESOLVE it well, I'm good with it. Mainly because, well, Slott knows how to write Ock's voice.

If it turns out Ock's gonna stay in Peter's body for a while AND be Spider-Man, I can certainly see why the new title would be called "Superior". I just don't know of Marvel has the guts to actually do it! I also suspect it would be a fairly short-run title.

I also don't want Peter to be dead! Or for Ock to die either!

Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #265
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoHaz View Post
I'm still flabbergasted by #698, especially as to the HOW and the WHEN.

As a plot situation, it's one of the crackiest things I've ever read in comics (I mean, seriously, if I saw it in a roleplay or a fanfic, I'd snort), but if Slott can execute it well and RESOLVE it well, I'm good with it. Mainly because, well, Slott knows how to write Ock's voice.

If it turns out Ock's gonna stay in Peter's body for a while AND be Spider-Man, I can certainly see why the new title would be called "Superior". I just don't know of Marvel has the guts to actually do it! I also suspect it would be a fairly short-run title.

I also don't want Peter to be dead! Or for Ock to die either!
Ever since ASM #600 Slott has been writing Ock as a fierce villainous force to be reckoned with. I'm re-reading 'Ends of the Earth' at the moment and it's so good. Not just Slott, but other Marvel writers. Ock's been causing mischief in Iron Man and The Avengers, too. He's given a wedgie to some of Marvel's mightiest heroes ever since he copped this ill condition.

See Marvel, you can do it when you try. Ock has been on fire for the last three years. I've got total confidence that Slott is taking this is really interesting and great directions.

I can't wait. What Ock just did is unprecedented for ANY Spidey villain.

- The Joker
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #266
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Been a long freakin' time since I drew an Otto (especially since there was a period I was drawing him ALL THE FREAKING TIME). Think I'm a lil' out of practice.

(Also, after long long last, I finally once again own Spiderman 2... on bluray! Huzzah for post-Thanksgiving sales.)

Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #267
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...octor-Octopus/

Who's your favorite voice for Ock.

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #268
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Efrem Zimbalist Jr is by far my favorite. He also did it for the PS1 game.
I just looked on Wikipedia and I'm surprised to know that he did the voice of Alfred Pennyworth in the DC cartoons.

Peter MacNicol did a good job too in the Spectacular series. There's something about his voice for Ock that sounded great for that version but I can't point exactly what it was. Alfred Molina did well too when he voiced Ock in the SM2 game.

Jick09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #269
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

I have to say, as much as I haaaaaaaate the new Spidey cartoon and haaaaaaaaate Ock's visual design in it, Tom Kenny does some fan-freaking-TABulous voicework. He's got that edge of obsession and barely-repressed rage.

Zimbalist's actually one of my least favorite, but only because I don't like Ock with a German (or British, or anything but American) accent. The man was born in Schenectady, NY for pity's sake! (And that's the canon I'm stickin' to.) B)

Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #270
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Been a long freakin' time since I drew an Otto (especially since there was a period I was drawing him ALL THE FREAKING TIME). Think I'm a lil' out of practice.

(Also, after long long last, I finally once again own Spiderman 2... on bluray! Huzzah for post-Thanksgiving sales.)
Classic Ock

Dare I ask what that button he's holding in his hand does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
I'd have to agree with Haz and say Tom Kenny. I loathe the USM cartoon, but Kenny's voice is perfect for Doc Ock.

Honestly though there has not been a vocal performance I haven't enjoyed. Zimbalist, McNicol, Molina....they all put their own stamp on it and all of them worked.

- The Joker
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #271
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
Dare I ask what that button he's holding in his hand does?
Something terrible and nefarious, I suspect.

Dangit, I was all set to hunt down #699 today, but it's not out 'til NEXT week! *shakes impotent fist*

Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #272
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
Though Efrem's German accent added on his performance was odd, he did fine as Ock. Tom Kenny is surprisingly creepy as well. And Peter McNicol was excellent, and worked best when cold, calm, and calculating, such as in "Shear Strength".

Quote:
I have to say, as much as I haaaaaaaate the new Spidey cartoon and haaaaaaaaate Ock's visual design in it, Tom Kenny does some fan-freaking-TABulous voicework. He's got that edge of obsession and barely-repressed rage.
I actually liked his design on that show, believe it or not. It's the one sole design in that show that didn't bore me to sleep.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #273
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!
I didn't want to click the spoiler, and I did. I peed my pants! This is all Slott's doing?! I still havent read ANY of Slott's run and need to begin immediately now!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #274
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Because there aren't enough Doc Ock fan blogs out there, I made one. Unfortunately, the board's swear-filter doesn't like the url much. It's f---yeahdoctoroctopus.tumblr.com -- replace the dashes with the appropriate letters. :P

Just started, so there's not a heck of a lot up yet. I'm trying to put something up every day. Enjoy!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #275
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Because there aren't enough Doc Ock fan blogs out there, I made one. Unfortunately, the board's swear-filter doesn't like the url much. It's f---yeahdoctoroctopus.tumblr.com -- replace the dashes with the appropriate letters. :P

Just started, so there's not a heck of a lot up yet. I'm trying to put something up every day. Enjoy!
AWESOME

Loving it so far. I really want to read his story in the Webspinners title. It's very tough to track down.

- The Joker