The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #901
bapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Hughes sacked. Finally.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #902
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Haha, I thought I was in the Community thread, sorry.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #903
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

As for Hughes, I get the feeling he always thought QPR would just be his stepping stone til he could get a bigger club again. Guess that didn't work out for him, lol.

Redknapp in already huh? Damn they move fast.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #904
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Lime02 View Post
Haha, I thought I was in the Community thread, sorry.

I wondered what on earth you were talking about because it vaguely read like you were talking about football with talk of seasons & all.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #905
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Lime02 View Post
As for Hughes, I get the feeling he always thought QPR would just be his stepping stone til he could get a bigger club again. Guess that didn't work out for him, lol.

Redknapp in already huh? Damn they move fast.
I bet he wished he stayed at Fulham

Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #906
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Sir Alex Ferguson statue unveiled

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/v...nchester-video

Fully deserved. Great to see ex players turning up. I wonder any United fan here went?

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #907
kit1982
Side-Kick

Too right Face, I think they missed a trick with the statues pose though surely these would be more appropriate

Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #908
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

If they ever made a statue of Arsene Wenger, it would be him in that ridiculously long coat.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #909
kit1982
Side-Kick

For me if Wenger ever got one made it would have to be an exact recreation of this.... genius moment, one of my favourite in PL history

Old 11-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #910
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Lots to catch up on!

Clattenburg deserves compensation IMO as his name was dragged through the mud, and Roman will pay him as that's what big money men do to make things go away. I actually don't think the abuse will be so much for him either as the bulk of other clubs supporters seemed to have backed him from what I've read, although some of the media are now doing embarrassing U-turns.

Harry in Sparky out, damn Kit it's like you didn't even get to enjoy Hughes getting the boot before droopy slipped into the seat.

Fergie's statue isn't bad but I'd have preferred a different pose, including the one's Kit suggested lol. When Arsenal put a Wenger statue up I just want the base to have a destroyed water bottle on it.

On the playing side of things I'm glad to see Lucas is close to a return for Liverpool and BPITW according to British pundits is off to Real Madrid in the summer.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #911
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

BPITW?

Oh I get it, it's a Gareth Bale joke isn't it?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #912
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Too right Face, I think they missed a trick with the statues pose though surely these would be more appropriate

Fergie time, its like regular only with an extra 15 minutes

Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #913
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
For me if Wenger ever got one made it would have to be an exact recreation of this.... genius moment, one of my favourite in PL history

YES!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #914
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Harry in Sparky out, damn Kit it's like you didn't even get to enjoy Hughes getting the boot before droopy slipped into the seat.

I know man, I guess the only brightside is now MOTD won't be ruined by 'Arry's constant "well Gary I tried to sign him a few years ago" on any half decent player. I'm slightly worried he'll do well there, he's got a decent squad and an owner who happily splashes the cash.
Sparky's been the gift that kept on giving, it's not like I got one month of poor results, crap signings and awkward interviews... I got 10!

The massive downside is that Warnock now seems to spend 90% of his interviews sticking 2 fingers up to Sparky and Fernandes.

Last edited by kit1982; 11-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #915
B
[insert witty comment]

Harry Redknapp has actually taken the job at QPR? Is that officially confirmed or rumours? What a massive step down & in my opinion the job is beneath him after his work in helping Tottenham break into the Champions League qualifying portion of the table.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #916
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Short term yes, long term with the amount of investment into the club if he can keep them up and do his wheeling and dealing in the summer and actually put a team together, QPR have massive potential. As of right now, QPR is just a collection of players.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #917
kit1982
Side-Kick

Agreed Darth, they've got some decent players, low expectations and a big cheque book it's got Harry written all over it.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #918
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Short term yes, long term with the amount of investment into the club if he can keep them up and do his wheeling and dealing in the summer and actually put a team together, QPR have massive potential. As of right now, QPR is just a collection of players.
Harry is 65 though, at 65 you wouldn't expect him to be looking for 'long term' projects, particularly one as difficult as it will be to turn QPR around.

Chelsea would have been a far better for Harry.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #919
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

You have a team that has just lost they're manager and not won a game all season

And fergie stacks the midfield with an old man and a sick note. FFS this is getting more and more annoying each week

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #920
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

1-0 to qpr

Right pissed off,the boys and and the bench really need to. Wake the hell up

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #921
kit1982
Side-Kick

Oh my the media will have a right wank if QPR hold on, even though he's got nowt to do with it it'll all be about Harry!

Edit: Harry at Chelsea? Chelsea want to win trophies, Di Matteo won more top flight trophies in a couple of months than Harry has in his WHOLE career!

2-1...thank god!

Last edited by kit1982; 11-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #922
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Wow you take off the older player, and throw on guys who are young and hungry and look what happens.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #923
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

West Brom 4-2 away to Sunderland & up to 3rd place! What the hell is Steve Clarke doing there?!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #924
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
West Brom 4-2 away to Sunderland & up to 3rd place! What the hell is Steve Clarke doing there?!
maybe we shoulda just appointed him amanger

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #925
B
[insert witty comment]

I'm started to get irritated with our inability to perform from the first whistle having to go behind before we start to play some good football..

I'm also getting annoyed that it seems like months since I can remember us keeping a clean sheet..

I'm also getting annoyed that a fit Cleverley isn't getting more playing time.. nor is Anderson.. both of whom will give us some energy, mobility & more of a physical presence in the middle alongside Carrick.

Good to see Fletcher back & get a goal, if he can get back to his old level he'll be a valuable asset.

Closed Thread