The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #451
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Default Re: New Superhero Show 'MISFITS' on E4

Quote:
Ep6 synopsis

The gang go to a wild house party where they are stalked by a mysterious killer rabbit. While tracking it down, Rudy meets the enigmatic Nadine and finds himself head over heels for the first time in his life.

By the time the night has drawn to a close, Alex has finally revealed to Jess the secret he has been trying to hide - but will their relationship survive his shock revelation?

Yay! The weird white rabbit!

Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #452
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Misfits 4.06 Promo Photos

The new girl Abby.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #453
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Mixed feelings about this series so far. Didn't enjoy the first 2 episodes but the second 2 have picked up steam.

I quite like the new characters, although Finn has been in a few too many iffy situations to fully appreciate what I think is quite an innocent character. Rudy has really held theshow together throughout this drastic transition. Gilgun was fanstastic in his centric episode.

Was hugely frustrated that Curtis was sidelined again for so much of the series only to be killed off. Almost wish he was just written out between seasons so he'd get a happy ending . He got some great material in his last episode though so I'm warming to the decision.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #454
Siby
Side-Kick

As Curtis says to Rudy near the end, "There are no happy ending." I find that to be appropriate for this show.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #455
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

"It's zombie noir innit" lol

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #456
DrDoom
Dictator

redheads........

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #457
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

That Abby chick is hot!

Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #458
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Misfits 4.07
Alex sets off on a mission to try to recover what's missing in his life, but Jess is worried about the extreme lengths he might go to. Meanwhile, a mysterious girl called Abby arrives at the community centre. She pretends to be on community service, but ends up with an unexpected gift when she discovers that the community centre is the super-power magnet of the universe.
Misfits 4.07 Promo Photos

Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #459
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

That had to be the most normal episode of Misfits ever.

I loved the probation worker's grief session with Rudy then talking about his dad with Finn.

Finn's stuff with his sister was good. Cool to see him standing up for his sister.. half-sister.

The end with Alex from "the bar" was a giant WTF.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #460
DrDoom
Dictator

I'm guessing Alex "from the bar" doesnt have a dick/had his dick taken from him by someone with a power and he's trying to track it down.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #461
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

I don't know. He said he'd let him go. How exactly does he plan on getting it back then?

I figure he's looking for a birth mark or something.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #462
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Another good episode. Charlier Murphy (Finn's sister Grace) is a cutie. She actually co-stars with Robert Sheehan in the RTE Irish Crime/Drama Series Love/Hate. Episode 6 looks like it'll be among the All-Time best Misfits episodes. Holy ****! A killer 6ft. rabbit. LOL The numbers on the foreheads reminds me of Death/Note. Should a wild, fun and insanely great episode. This show does suspense/horror elements better than alot movies. lol

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #463
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Ruth Negga Curtis teleporting girlfriend Nikki was also in Love/Hate.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #464
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
That had to be the most normal episode of Misfits ever.

I loved the probation worker's grief session with Rudy then talking about his dad with Finn.

Finn's stuff with his sister was good. Cool to see him standing up for his sister.. half-sister.

The end with Alex from "the bar" was a giant WTF.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I'm guessing Alex "from the bar" doesnt have a dick/had his dick taken from him by someone with a power and he's trying to track it down.
I was thinking the same thing.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #465
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Misfits - The Movie - Overman Teases the Return of Past Characters
Posted by Sandiwich11 at Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Alex Fitch interviewed series creator Howard Overman recently. On the spoiler front, he revealed that a first draft of a movie has been penned and also hinted that some of the older characters might be in it too. "Whether or not you've completely seen the end of Simon and Alisha, if our movie has its way, is another issue" he teased. When pushed to answer if this meant the film is set in the past of the show, he replied "Iím not going to give that away! If it happens it will involve past and present characters, Iím not allowed to give away anything more than that."

Hear full interview here
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/11/mis...return-of.html

Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #466
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

The idea of a movie is potentially cool but hopefully they can make the concept of having past and present characters work without involving some sort of time travel nonesense. And it also doesn't feature Simon and Alesha as 'main characters' - ensemble characters yes but not main. I had enough of the time travel/superhoodie/love story in series 3.

Also they've killed Curtis off so perhaps they don't plan on using him in the film.. I did wonder when Curtis died, if perhaps, due to the nature of his power of bringing people back from the dead, if he would possibly be able to return from the dead also... Or perhaps it'll be set in two different time periods (and perhaps feature time travel) which I think would be a bit rubbish.. Let's just get all the characters together in one time period and see what mess they get in to.

Personally, I would hope that a film would feature an actual villain.. I know it's suppose to be the 'anti-Heroes' and not exactly be doing the whole save the world type thing but I think the one thing the show is missing is a nemesis/recurring villain. The Asbo 5 aren't exactly heroes so it's always interesting when there is someone worse than them... and we have seen a few 'villains of the week' (Jesus, Gamer Guy, The Tattooist etc) but out of everyone affected by the storm, surely there would be a few people who would go out there and become 'villains'? We did have Milkneto in the series 2 finale which was great but they killed him off. I know he did come back as a 'ghost' but I always thought it would be pretty interesting if Tony, the original probabtion worker, kept coming back every now and then..

I'm guessing if the film does go ahead we will see 'Barry' saving Nathan in Vegas lol.

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK

Last edited by Vapor; 11-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #467
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Misfits S4-2nd Half Trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #468
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I'm really enjoying the new season so far despite the lack of the og cast.Finn is pretty funny.Episode 6 looks insane.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #469
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Misfits 4.08
In the final episode of the current series, Rudy's passion for Nadine is put to the test when he tries to persuade her that they have a future together. Suspecting that she is keeping something from him, he finally discovers her secret, and the truth takes on biblical proportions when the gang discover her super-power.
Misfits 4.08 Promo Photos

Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #470
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Good call.

Episode 6 was great, best one of the series so far. Felt like it would sit nicely in series 1 or 2. The rabbit was cool and looked great.. guess that's where all the budget for this series went lol. Really starting to like Finn now. Him and Rudy feel a little like Nathan and Simon in terms of their relationship and banter. Liked the numbers thing, was an interesting little sub plot.

Wonder what power Abbie will have, maybe something to do with drinking, she seemed to be knocking them back and did I see her passed out again in the preview of next weeks episode? Also, I thought the lass Rudy liked, Nadine, from the funeral was killed by the rabbit but she still features in the last two episodes?

Rudy popping up next to Finn when he's just finished in bed was brilliant. Made me lol. Being said before but Joe Gilgun is great, it would be a real shame if they lost him any time soon..

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #471
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
Wonder what power Abbie will have, maybe something to do with drinking, she seemed to be knocking them back and did I see her passed out again in the preview of next weeks episode? Also, I thought the lass Rudy liked, Nadine, from the funeral was killed by the rabbit but she still features in the last two episodes?
I think Abbie is sober after she drinks. That's why the room got clearer after she woke up and got drunk at the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
Rudy popping up next to Finn when he's just finished in bed was brilliant. Made me lol. Being said before but Joe Gilgun is great, it would be a real shame if they lost him any time soon..
I loved that scene, too. So bizarre since he said he had to wait for Finn to finish.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #472
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Abby is so hot.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #473
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The scene with Rudy popping out and the "reveal" made me laugh the most.

The rabbit was pretty creepy.

Just wanted to make sure I understood the scene correctly. As they went to the party the guy asking the girl how many people she had been with, he was the one with the power that somehow effects anyone within earshot, correct?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #474
DrDoom
Dictator

Correct, you could see the wave of his influence. The gang walked through it

Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #475
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I looked back at the scene. I didn't notice the wave the first time.