The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #601
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Default Re: Official UFC Thread - Part 4

Jones looks so arrogant in that picture. He shouldn't be holding a knife like that, it's so unprofessional.

There, I just saved 3 pages of repeating complaints about him.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #602
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Lol

Old 11-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #603
B
[insert witty comment]

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If he doesn't ever plan on fighting GSP then what the **** is the point of him being in the UFC or indeed the WW division if his goal isn't to chase titles & be the best in the world.. what a donkey.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #604
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Yeah....I hate these fighters that won't fight each other. I think any fighter that says that, can't call themselves "the best." I don't care who it is.

EDIT: The UFC is looking to set up Josh Koscheck VS Nick Diaz. Oh hell yeah!

Last edited by CrypticOne; 11-24-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #605
Lobo
skip skip skip

Overeem is in the gym I work at right now

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #606
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I've been to a Crossfit gym in LA that Cheick Kongo frequents more than once. He's a pretty quiet laid back guy.

- CM Punk
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #607
Lobo
skip skip skip

Is there an MMA event in Miami coming up? Overeem was here yesterday, and Dave Bautista just came in now

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #608
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Not that I know of Lobo.

Forrest Griffin is injured and out of the UFC 155 fight with Phil Davis.

- CM Punk
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #609
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

The UFC can't catch a break. I really wanted to see Forrest back too. Losing a co-main event sucks.

I pray that nothing happens to this upcoming FOX card. Even two days out, it seems like anything that can go wrong, will. If this card pulls through, it sure looks to be the best of the year.

My picks:

Swick/Brown - This should be one hell of a fight. Both of these guys are pretty much the exact same fighter and have the same strengths/weaknesses. Pretty much a coin flip.

Penn/MacDonald - This is a very tough fight for me to pick. But I'm going to ride with my boy, like I always have. BJ has the power to knock Rory out and the technique to submit him. Of coarse I can see Rory throwing BJ around and delivering some devastating ground and pound to end the fight. BJ has to finish this fight within the first round, but that's obvious. Nothing about Rory's stand up has me worried. And yes, he is strong, but I don't believe he has the punching power to knock someone out on the feet. In my mind, I see Rory winning this fight and my mind is telling me to pick Rory. My heart though, has BJ knocking Rory out within the first minute.

Shogun/Gustafsson - Pretty straight forward fight here. I have Shogun knocking Gustafsson out in the first round. Shogun isn't coming off any injuries and it hasn't been that long since his battle with Vera, and he usually does great when he doesn't have long layoffs.

Henderson/Diaz - I can see this fight going two different ways. Bendo taking Diaz' legs out and working his wrestling on the ground, or Diaz picking Bendo apart on the feet and eventually submitting him. I see a Bendo victory more likely, but I'm picking Diaz. I think one of Diaz' weaknesses and Bendo's strength is the leg kicks. Bendo has to have watched that Cerrone fight numerous times. And hopefully Diaz has learned from that fight. Too many leg kicks from a guy like Bendo will sure as hell slow you down. Hopefully Diaz gets to work early.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #610
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

29:20

Rousey officially gets her UFC belt.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #611
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Is there an MMA event in Miami coming up? Overeem was here yesterday, and Dave Bautista just came in now
I'd fangasm all over the place

Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #612
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Dana mentions Nick Diaz maybe next for GSP...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #613
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I have Bendo taking a decision tonight. He's a bad matchup for Nate because he throws a ton of kicks and has been known to be nearly impossible to submit in MMA. Nate has really come up though. The way he beat Jim Miller says a lot, but I think that Bendo's movement and kicks will be the difference tonight.

I think Gus is going to use the jab to beat Shogun. Shogun is a blitzer with a very limited gas tank. It's effective, but against a guy that has great reach and a good jab that's going to really neutralize him. We'll see though since Shogun is effective at being that blitzer, but a tall guy like that could jab him all day long and walk away with a ****le tot.

Rory>BJ based purely on the fact that BJ is a below average welterweight at best. Sure he can win the fight, but he hasn't done much at welterweight to make me think that he'll beat Rory. It's MMA so nothing is guaranteed, but Rory should definitely be the favorite tonight.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #614
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Diaz -- Bendo has appeared human before with an opponent who has above average striking. Sure, he took out Edgar in impressive fashion but Nick is long and lanky (which makes his jabs and combinations even more dangerous). I see Diaz punishing Ben's body all night long with hooks.

Gustafsson -- Bigger, stronger and better wrestling. That's all it really takes for a severe mismatch when arriving to Shogun's style.

Penn -- Rory absolutely seems like the safer bet, but his boxing isn't on par with BJ's. If McDonald gets clipped, it's all over. Of course though, Rory will likely take the fight to the ground and avoid the striking aspect of the fight.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #615
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Diaz -- Bendo has appeared human before with an opponent who has above average striking. Sure, he took out Edgar in impressive fashion but Nick is long and lanky (which makes his jabs and combinations even more dangerous). I see Diaz punishing Ben's body all night long with hooks.
If I recall correctly I had Edgar as the winner against Bendo in their 2nd fight.

The 2nd fight warranted a rematch far, far more than the 1st fight did as I felt Bendo edged the first & Edgar clearly won the 2nd if I remember correctly.

That being said I think Bendo will beat Diaz. Bendo isn't Cerrone, he won't be like a walking punchbag. I don't feel he'll try to get into a crazy brawl, I think he'll pick his shots & punish Nate with leg kicks as he did against Edgar in their first fight when he comes in.

Quote:
-- Bigger, stronger and better wrestling. That's all it really takes for a severe mismatch when arriving to Shogun's style.
Not to mention Shogun arrived into the weigh ins looking in the same sort of physical shape as he always does. He'll be exhausted by the 2nd round if it goes that far.

Shogun has proved tough though in his previous 2 fights so I wouldn't be shocked if he managed to scrape through.

Quote:
Penn -- Rory absolutely seems like the safer bet, but his boxing isn't on par with BJ's. If McDonald gets clipped, it's all over. Of course though, Rory will likely take the fight to the ground and avoid the striking aspect of the fight.
Same story as the Shogun, I think BJ will be gassed out at some point in this fight. Rory has good cardio & is competent on the feet & on the ground.

Much like the Shogun fight though I wouldn't be surprised if BJ clips him early putting him in trouble.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #616
El Bastardo
Literary elitist

Fantastic prelims.

And why the **** is Rory playing around with Penn? That's some bs.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #617
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Good fight from Rory. BJ was basically just standing there, he's done.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #618
B
[insert witty comment]

As I said, BJ's cardio was already fading by the end of the 1st round. He was getting lit up by MacDonald's diverse striking & coming off 2nd best even before he gassed.

Once the 2nd round started BJ was a walking punching bag.

I'm shocked we didn't see MacDonald take him down, he stood with him for the whole fight & completely outclassed BJ.

Abit too cocky though for my tastes. He was already whooping him bad there wasn't much need to start dropping his hands & doing the Ali shuffle.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #619
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Fantastic prelims.

And why the **** is Rory playing around with Penn? That's some bs.
While it was a good performance from Rory MacDonald, he should have finished BJ given how tired & hurt he looked in the 2nd.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #620
El Bastardo
Literary elitist

Agreed.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #621
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

MacDonald is unexciting to me. Particularly because he doesn't want to fight GSP. I know, you train with him... but if you won't fight the champ you've got no place in the division.

And soing the Ali shuffle ... now I just want to see this kid get lit up and knocked out.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #622
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
MacDonald is unexciting to me. Particularly because he doesn't want to fight GSP. I know, you train with him... but if you won't fight the champ you've got no place in the division.

And soing the Ali shuffle ... now I just want to see this kid get lit up and knocked out.
I said as much before when I heard about that ****, he's best staying away from GSP anyway cause GSP would **** him up. That being said I want to see MacDonald fight Condit in a rematch.

Rory MacDonald is big enough to be a Middleweight so perhaps he should consider moving up.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #623
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I think that Rory has a lot of potential, but I'm not too impressed with his performance outside of his ability to mix up his strikes. Now that's not a knock to him at all, but BJ is such an overrated welterweight that this is what any decent welterweight would do to him.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #624
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I said as much before when I heard about that ****, he's best staying away from GSP anyway cause GSP would **** him up. That being said I want to see MacDonald fight Condit in a rematch.

Rory MacDonald is big enough to be a Middleweight so perhaps he should consider moving up.
I'd pick Condit.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #625
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

BJ Penn continuing to fight at welterweight has always been a mistake.

He should've been focused on lightweight again instead of spending these recent fights at welterweight.

- CM Punk
Closed Thread