The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #76
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Bought a 43 inch LCDTV for $300, Breaking Bad season 3 and 4 for $12 each, The Last Samurai for $3 a wireless keyboard for $20.
What brand? Proscan? Coby? Sceptre?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #77
bullets
bang bang

My Black Friday / Red Thursday experience:

I got food some type of food poisoning Wednesday. I've had an upset stomach all week. I agreed to get two nooks for my girlfriend's kids since she had to work. There was no online deal for the and it was limited supply. I got to Walmart at 7pm Thursday and waited in line for two and half hours. I was third in line and there was nobody behind me the first hour. I was going to pick up some movies but didn't want to miss out on the nooks. I still picked up Brave and Madagascar 3 in the regular section before getting in line though ( for her kids).
The whole time I was in line people would come up and ask what we were waiting for (mass confusion) and after that hour it filled up behind me. A fight actually broke out between women over some linen in another section I got both the nooks but the lines were still long as hell to get out of there.
Madagascar 3 rang up for 24.99 , I had to debate with the woman it was on sale even after showing the ad. Another clerk came over and told her to adjust the price.

I stopped back at my house and the headed to best buy. It was about twelve but the line moved really fast. Once I got in it took me awhile to find Walking Dead season one on blu ray. Someone left a copy in a different location. I was about of there before one thirty with season one and two on blu ray and The Lucky One for 3.99 ( gift for my gf).

I was miserable the whole time and I'm glad it's over. At least I got everything we needed though.

Last edited by bullets; 11-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #78
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
What brand? Proscan? Coby? Sceptre?
lol nah, I got a Samsung.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #79
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
lol nah, I got a Samsung.
Not bad.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #80
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Didn't do too much. Was drug to Five Below by my wife for stocking stuffers. I had to run to Walmart for a couple things and managed to score and LG DVD/BluRay player for $38.00.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #81
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I stayed home.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #82
Victarion
Cut

I got a good price on a combo purchase of Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson and the first omnibus on Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion sequence, The Eternal Champion. Pretty decent. I heard from my waitress at IHOP that there were about 4 fights at the local Walmart near those wrapped up deals they set out in the aisles. Later--about 9 AM--I stopped at Target and saw an ambulance parked in the firelane, sirens and lights going.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #83
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

Goodjob 99% while youre all wasting Money all on crap during odd hours throughout the night and day people can rob your houses.

Last edited by I'm Old Greg; 11-23-2012 at 08:00 PM.
I'm Old Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #84
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Saw this on imgur, holy crap.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
CJ
Is gonna pump.. YOU UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I stayed home.
Same here. Stuffed myself silly with food and watched Home Alone.

Much better way to spend Thanksgiving, instead of waiting in line in the freezing cold and getting trampled by a million people.

Edit: Yikes Kane. That pic is crazy. I could never stand in a line like that.

None of the deals this year really seemed that interesting. The DVD sales at Wal*Mart were mostly on TV Shows I don't watch, and a bunch of crappy movies. (Giving someone Green Lantern or Jonah Hex for Christmas is about the same as giving them a lump of coal)

Clarence

Thursdays @ 6:30pm on Cartoon Network

Last edited by CJ; 11-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #86
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:

Oh, for the love of God... there's no harm going during the middle of the day, people.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #87
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
My Black Friday / Red Thursday experience:

I got food some type of food poisoning Wednesday. I've had an upset stomach all week. I agreed to get two nooks ( with her money) for my girlfriends kids since she had to work. There was no online deal for the and it was limited supply. I got to Walmart at 7pm Thursday and waited in line for two and half hours. I was third in line and there was nobody behind me the first hour. I was going to pick up some movies but didn't want to miss out on the nooks. I still picked up Brave and Madagascar 3 in the regular section before getting in line though ( for her kids).
The whole time I was in line people would come up and ask what we were waiting for (mass confusion) and after that hour it filled up behind me. A fight actually broke out between women over some linen in another section I got both the nooks but the lines were still long as hell to get out of there.
Madagascar 3 rang up for 24.99 , I had to debate with the woman it was on sale even after showing the ad. Another clerk came over and told her to adjust the price.

I stopped back at my house and the headed to best buy. It was about twelve but the line moved really fast. Once I got in it took me awhile to find Walking Dead season one on blu ray. Someone left a copy in a different location. I was about of there before one thirty with season one and two on blu ray and The Lucky One for 3.99 ( gift for my gf).

I was miserable the whole time and I'm glad it's over. At least I got everything we needed though.
I got two copies of brave blu ray for $8.96 at wal mart too in the regular section. Great deal. I used the Walmart app to scan and verify the price since it wasn't marked but was in the ad.

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #88
bullets
bang bang

Quote:

This is what it looked like outside Toys R Us.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #89
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungcheung View Post
I got two copies of brave blu ray for $8.96 at wal mart too in the regular section. Great deal. I used the Walmart app to scan and verify the price since it wasn't marked but was in the ad.

I went back to Walmart today and saw a few copies left. I bet most people don't even think of it. Just like checking out at the Jewelry counter. I've avoided some long lines doing that before.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #90
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I did a Black Friday double-feature today: I saw Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians...after getting up around 10 this morning, since there is no way in hell I partake in Black Friday early-morning shopping. I went over to the mall between movies to get something to eat, which was around late afternoon, and the place was still mobbed and most of the stores looked like bombs had gone off in them.

I wound up getting an Avengers blanket and a Hulk car for my nephew at Target. I think I saved about $5.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #91
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
This is what it looked like outside Toys R Us.
That's what it looked like outside Walmart too.

I hate MA laws. Wish Walmart would open here at 8pm like the rest of the country (vs. 1AM)

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #92
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungcheung View Post
That's what it looked like outside Walmart too.

I hate MA laws. Wish Walmart would open here at 8pm like the rest of the country (vs. 1AM)

I used to live in MA three years ago. Now I know why all my friends back home were talking about going in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I did a Black Friday double-feature today: I saw Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians...after getting up around 10 this morning, since there is no way in hell I partake in Black Friday early-morning shopping. I went over to the mall between movies to get something to eat, which was around late afternoon, and the place was still mobbed and most of the stores looked like bombs had gone off in them.

I wound up getting an Avengers blanket and a Hulk car for my nephew at Target. I think I saved about $5.
That's the best way to describe it. I saw stuff piled everywhere.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #93
chaseter
Bland User

It's not worth it to save just a little money. You usually end up buying crap you didn't need anyways.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #94
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I did most of my shopping online already. Got some great deals, and never had to leave the house.

It's this strange mentality of people thinking that this stuff will never be on sale again that just leaves me shaking my head over this whole Black Friday thing.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #95
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

We already had the mindset to buy a HDTV for one of the rooms months ago, so we just waited for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see if there's a good deal, luckily we did and I didn't have to wait until midnight and wait in a stupid line.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #96
BattleCat
Side-Kick

Sadly, I didn't get to buy anything, I had to slave all day at Amazon for 12 hours.... I hate that job.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #97
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

This year I got NFS:MW and MoH:WF for $30 each and Dishonored and GR:FS for $25 each. I also got four 32GB Flash Drives for $10 each.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #98
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It's not worth it to save just a little money. You usually end up buying crap you didn't need anyways.

I usually stock up on movies , but I've learned once the price goes down it's now long before it goes on sale again.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #99
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

I had no reason to buy anything today, except some comics.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #100
KevanG
Brony

I got two gifts for my nephew for X-mas and his B-day (dec 12), Max Payne 3 and LA Noire for $20 each and some lunch. That was my big adventure.

Wandered around the mall for a few hours, not too packed, went around 10am, didn't want a tv or xbox or anything so I wasn't in a rush. One guy got into a yelling match with a toys r us employee because he was apparently following her for a little while and never said anything and she got creeped out.

Also had to cancel an order on amazon I placed on 10/22 as it was supposed to be shipped on 11/6 at the latest and still no updates and no responses to my emails. Managed to find another copy of the present for my best friend at a decent price. Some of these dvd sets are a ***** to find after a few years. I could only find two copies that were region 1 and I searched dozens of websites. All I found was sold out, no restock date, ect.

But all in all I'm just missing two people to finish my christmas shopping so it wasn't a bad day.

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is online now   Reply With Quote