The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #276
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Default Re: Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Traviss can suck a Bantha's c**k, she openly hates Jedi and ruined Legacy of the Force. And to me Jedi >>>> Mandalorians.
If guess that's why she wrote mostly Republic Commando novels and such. I didn't finish LOTF so I can't comment on what she did.

H.E.
TheDreamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #277
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!

To be honest an old republic movie series would be way more awesome than any post return of the Jedi stuff.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #278
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
If guess that's why she wrote mostly Republic Commando novels and such. I didn't finish LOTF so I can't comment on what she did.
She f**kin' killed Mara Jade like a punk.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #279
souperman
Side-Dish

...while we wait for the Man of Steel to unlock...jeech!

Here is my rough idea for Ep 7 continuing.
I think they should just reboot from the start for a new generation but I read that some feel there is no way to replace Darth Vader so...

Start Ep 7 with a Recap from Ep 6 ...

...it could happen... we don't even need a reason.

The return of Vader, the former father of Luke...but now the father is younger than the son!... oh my, I think I've gone cross eyed...

I can even hear Vader psychotically singing in his helmet...

Im a Sith, Im a Sith
Oh the Sith is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can Sith, I can Sith
And Im better than you
Its the way that I move
The things that I do

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/

Last edited by souperman; 11-23-2012 at 11:28 PM.
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #280
Verbal21
Side-Kick

^I'd totally buy into that story. It'd actually be a perfect circle how Palpatine is back in hiding but this time, it doesn't go as he had envisioned and he creates something much worse. Maybe borrow some elements from the Force Unleashed games in that clones of Force sensitive users go insane and uncontrollable.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #281
souperman
Side-Dish

...if it were me, I'd make the new Vader's injuries, not quite exactly like the original but disfiguring enough to get away with any actor wanted and make the point but still allow him to remove the mask from time to time, unlike the original for a little more drama... Maybe borrow a bit of this?

Last edited by souperman; 11-24-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #282
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

I'm looking forward to an original idea, with a new threat and new characters to continue the story. Hopefully the old cast are there for a "hand over" of sorts, making it still feel Star Wars but allowing the new characters to shine.

No EU.
No clone Vader, Maul or Max Rebo.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #283
Octoberist
point blank

Cloned Vader is a big no no. But yes to Maxx Rebo.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #284
souperman
Side-Dish

you say no, no, but franchise may say yes, yes...

Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #285
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Fanboys say yes.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #286
Octoberist
point blank

I believe in good writing so anything is possible. That's my diplomatic answer.

The biggest challenge with the new trilogy is the arcs and the villains. What new stories can Star Wars bring? And there's plenty of them.

But I would rather not repeat the same stuff again, especially with the whole 'cloning' idea which could easily end up being a plot device to work up the 'fan service'. It becomes a slippery slope in other words and might undo what has happened in the previous trilogy.

I'm a huge SW fan but I'm initiative enough to see things without the 'bias' lens glasses.

The cloning idea to me a little lazy. listen...It's not to say I don't want elements from the OT. I want Luke and the gang back in supporting roles; I don't mind taking some characters or ideas from the EU; I don't mind splinter cells of the Empire struggling to stay relevant in the universe.

But like the universe, it's huge so you gotta think big. I don't regurgitated arcs galore. I want old and NEW characters faced with new threats. I don't one call-backs but too much of it comes off as pandering.

That's my problems with the PT. It tries to connect together with the callbacks and relationships. "Oh that's little Greedo" or "Oh Anakin built C3P-O". Its not destiny or connecting the dots; more like contrived storytelling and makes the universe small. It's self indulgence.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #287
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Agreed.
Not to mention that the self indulgence really adds nothing to the story either.
Anakin building Threepio was a "oh, okay" moment for me. Because of the disjointed nature of the PT, it means nothing when I watch the OT and see them sharing a scene. I just wanted him to say "No, Annie, No!" when Vader froze Solo. lol.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #288
Batspider77
"SPOILER JUNKIE"

I want to see a jedi revolution,where a bunch of jedi start a rebellion against Master Sywalker and his new Jedi Order.....something like the fall of luzifer.

Batspider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #289
Octoberist
point blank

I think that could work too. An era of disenfranchised and misguided Jedi who gang up on Luke.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #290
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Dark Jedi as the new enemy would be interesting, particularly if they "learn" from what made the Sith weak and so that it doesn't interfere with the original prophecy that Anakin fulfilled.

I just hope we don't get remnants of the Empire, whilst some EU was good, I really hated how it took too much away from what was achieved in the films.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #291
Lord
All Mighty

If the main character was a young Jedi what if he received training from a Master while there was Coup D'etat happening, only for his master to be the mastermind behind the betrayal of the Jedi along with other similar minded masters.

I'm thinking of a villain that doesn't need to use a lightsaber like Palpatine was originally shoun in Return of the Jedi but is young and phisically in his prime

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #292
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Seeing as how Movies 1 - 6 featured the Jedi as the protagonists, I think it would be interesting to get things from a Sith/Dark Jedi perspective. Are the Sith blanketly evil or is that simply Jedi dogma and limited exposure? Are the possession of any emotions and desire inherently bad and the rejection of them always good?

From a thematic standpoint, I think this would be interesting and one way to continue with the Jedi-Sith conflict that will almost certainly figure heavily into the next (and all future) Star Wars trilogy.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #293
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yeah, Mandalorians a NJO civil war are the best ideas so far, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #294
Octoberist
point blank

I wouldn't mind seeing Mandalorians.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #295
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Im suprised some fans want the thrawn saga.Wldnt that mean a recast?

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #296
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

They want Thrawn in some capacity, not necessarily that exact story.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #297
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Anyone else feel that the story should also showcase the potential backlash that some of the people throughout the new Republic might have on knowing things like how it was a Skywalker that ended up being a major factor on why the universe went to hell to begin with when Palpatine took control and how there may still be some force user haters out there in general due to how force users have played such a large role, in both active and non active ways on why the universe was placed in its dark period for the longest time?
That's a pretty wordy feeling to have.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #298
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
I'm looking forward to an original idea, with a new threat and new characters to continue the story. Hopefully the old cast are there for a "hand over" of sorts, making it still feel Star Wars but allowing the new characters to shine.

No EU.
Sounds like a hardcore diet. Can we still eat steak?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #299
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
here's what I think might happen.
After the fall of the Empire the New republic is set up. Luke wants to create a new Jedi order but Palps and Vader did the best job possible wiping out force sensitive people. Luke's attempt to restart the Jedi ends in failure. Luke is the hero of the rebellion and the new republic and is invited to events and government gatherings. However as the last of the jedi he doesnt have anything meaningful to do. Luke's position as government hero is rocked when news leaks that Luke is Darth Vader's son. After several years he goes on a sabbatical traveling to Dagobah and Tattooine and fading from the public memory.
Leia and Han tried to make things work. However the call of open space was too strong to Han. Leia became more and more involved with rebuilding the government that they hardly saw each other.
Leia love each other because they are so much alike. Both hard headed. Leia helped to rebuild the government. The more she helped the more the government needed from her until she decided to run for President of the Republic. Someone like Han didnt fit into that plan. Everything ran smoothly until her opponent leaked news that Leia and Luke were children of Darth Vader. Never mind that they helped to overthrow the government the news rocked their world. Luke went into self imposed exile and Leia lost the election and all political clout.

This is what my idea of the starting points of the new movie may be. A new threat looms on the horizon and the Republic sends for the only jedi who can defeat it.
*scratches chin*

Leia and Han drift apart while Luke travels the galaxy to find himself. That'd leave our trio to meet one another all over again, work out a plan to overthrow the new antagonist, and in the process re-establish themselves as the galactic heroes they were always destined to be. Interesting. We'd have a depressing start, and a potentially tear-jerking end.

Your premise could be viewed as an analogy for the relationship between nostalgic OT fans and the franchise they felt alienated from these long years.

Last edited by Superman Prime; 11-26-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #300
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post

No EU.
110% agreed, especially the no cloning Vader bit. My least favorite storyline post-ROTJ was that whole cloned Emperor bit. I just think it's unoriginal.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote