The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #651
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Know what you mean but for me Breaking Bad has just never left that spot. I'm just a Breaking Bad fanboy. SOA, GoT, BE, Dexter all come in behind it for me

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #652
Maximus One
Oddball

Know what you mean but for me Breaking Bad has just never left that spot. I'm just a Breaking Bad fanboy. SOA, GoT, BE, Dexter all come in behind it for me

Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #653
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

It's subjective, as in all things entertainment. I can't stand Walt's family and that brings that shown down for me.

Never watched SoA and I don't imagine I ever will since I have no interest in a show about biker gangs.

Last edited by kedrell; 11-22-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #654
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Yeah Breaking Bad is still on top for me, everything else like GoT, Boardwalk, and Walking Dead are 2nd. (And that's coming from a huge Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire fan).

Old 11-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #655
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

BE, Dexter, BB, GoT are ALL quality as far as I am concerned. But for me I'd say GoT is the show that's on another level. The Season 2, Blackwater episode is probably the best hour of TV I've ever seen in my life.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #656
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

In my opinion, Breaking Bad is the best show ever, but The Wire is probably the most important television show ever considering the importance of all the things that the show tried to bring to the table. And there is also The Sopranos, also one fine piece of television art, these three television shows are untouchable in my opinion, it's hard to pick the best of these three shows, they are all fine piece of art.

Boardwalk Empire, GoT, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Homeland are quality shows, but still cant catch up with these three extraordinary shows..

Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #657
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
It's subjective, as in all things entertainment. I can't stand Walt's family and that brings that shown down for me.

Never watched SoA and I don't imagine I ever will since I have no interest in a show about biker gangs.
SOA is soooooo much more than just a show about biker gangs. They could very as well be knights riding on horses or something. It's sad that it has this stigma for being a show about bikers when it's so much more than that

Old 11-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #658
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lost as one of the greatest shows ever.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #659
Maximus One
Oddball

Oh don't get me wrong Lost IS the greatest show ever followed by Battlestar Galactica. I was just mentioning shows that are still currently airing. We talk shows that have ended The Shield and The Wire are way up there too. I would say Sopranos as I was a massive fan until the second half of season 6 killed it for me. Sopranos had a BAD tendency to start a story and dropping it and never taking it anywhere. I hold it no where near in such a coveted spot like most do. Lost, BSG, Breaking Bad and if they had been able to finish their runs Carnivŗle and Caprica I'm sure would have taken the top spots for me

Old 11-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #660
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I've never seen Lost but i hear about how great it is around here a lot.BSG in the last season was really tough to watch it was by the worst season out the bunch. My top shows of all time are Seinfeld, Star trek tng, Star trek Ds9,
The wire, and Dexter.I like breaking bad a ton but I think it's overrated to a certain extent.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #661
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

Lost is the greatest **** ever...mentioning Lost with the likes of BB, The Wire and The Sopranos is a ****in disgrace..

Quote:
SOA is soooooo much more than just a show about biker gangs. They could very as well be knights riding on horses or something. It's sad that it has this stigma for being a show about bikers when it's so much more than that
I watch SoA, but the main thing that drives Jax is the biker club...

Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #662
Maximus One
Oddball

It is but that wasn't my point. I mean, the show IS a massive retelling of Hamlet anyways. My point is that it's just more than a "biker" show. Thematically and structurally it just goes beyond that stigma. That's all I'm saying, you could easily swap out the club for like the Knights Templar or Freemasons or some such stuff and make the exact same show structurally and thematically speaking

Old 11-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #663
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Yeah, I was like, what do I care about bikers? Now it's my favorite show.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #664
James
Built from Lego

Do people really still like Lost, even after the ending? I'm not being snide, I'm genuinely asking.

I stopped watching 2-3 episodes in because I didn't want to invest in 6,7,8 seasons and then find out the explanation was crappy. Lucky I made that call too, because it could scarcely have been worse.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #665
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Do people really still like Lost, even after the ending? I'm not being snide, I'm genuinely asking.

I stopped watching 2-3 episodes in because I didn't want to invest in 6,7,8 seasons and then find out the explanation was crappy. Lucky I made that call too, because it could scarcely have been worse.
Go to youtube and type in Lost final scene, you tell me based on all of the views and likes if people liked the Lost ending.

It is a great ending to the series

Old 11-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #666
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Any story with a big mystery element like BSG and lost that are revealed at the end are usually a big disappointment. You spend all this time investing in the story having your own speculations and then it's ends being something simple you immeadtly dismissed like heaven really?! In the case of lost or angels in the case of BSG really?!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #667
Maximus One
Oddball

I loved the ending for Lost and BSG both. There were some answers in Lost I found underwhelming but they were kinda expected. Lost is seriously like the most existentially beautiful show ever. Same with BSG just more science fictiony.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #668
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I can't speak to how the Lost crowd felt about there ending since I've never seen a minute of it. However as someone who sat there through 5 seasons where the first four were fabulous then suffered through a meh last season. I found the ending of BSG turning out to be a story from the Morman bible as being very meh.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #669
Maximus One
Oddball

Oh you dick! That **** never even occurred to me before. Damn..... Now I feel like it was written by Stephanie Meyer or some ****. Eh, I don't care. I thought seasons 3 and 4 were the best of the entire show. To each his own. But still, I never even thought about that kind of connection

Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #670
Paradox1
Side-Kick

LMAO my bad, lol..... yeah Ronald D. Moore is a Mormon, if you didn't know, was a big influence on the show.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #671
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lost as one of the greatest shows ever.
First Three seasons of lost were absolutely phenomenal.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #672
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

I think the first 3 seasons of lost were absolutely fantastic. I stopped watching after that. I watched the final season just to see what they'd do and I wasn't a big fan of it. I figured from jump that was what was going on when they dropped that ending on us.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #673
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Back to Boardwalk. Didn't see Slater biting the dust. I wonder if Harrow will get out of the whorehouse and start working for Nucky some time soon.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #674
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Back to Boardwalk. Didn't see Slater biting the dust. I wonder if Harrow will get out of the whorehouse and start working for Nucky some time soon.
there are two options regarding richard:

either they let him get peace with his new girlfriend and jimmy's kid or they have to pull him back into the business.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #675
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I hope they don't pull Mr. Harrow back in somebody deserves some happiness on this show.

Closed Thread