Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #276
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't think it is. The Bane / Batman fight was longer in the set shoot, with Bane throwing policemen around and Batman knocking down thugs until they reached each other. In the film, Batman just shows up, maybe knocks one guy out of the way, and they get down to business.

Then there were other pieces that never showed up, like the Bat following Catwoman on the Batpod down a curved bridge and into a tunnel, and stuff like that. There was a shot of Foley getting hit by the tumbler, whereas in the film there's just an awkward cut to his suddenly dead body. There was a shoot of Catwoman driving up and down the city hall steps, whereas in the film neither shot is shown.
Foley wasn't just suddenly dead. He shot and killed Barsad when Talia entered the Tumbler and told the driver to shoot them all, and it included Foley. He wasn't just suddenly dead as we had a piece of dialogue to tell us how exactly Foley is dead.

And for Catwoman driving up the steps to City Hall, I am actually fine with that being taken out because it only adds the suspense of Catwoman appearing and killing Bane who was about to kill Batman.

The expanded chase of The Bat and the Bat-pod chasing Talia though? I feel that it was needed and probably would've gave the final chase the 'excitement' some fans wanted.

But, alas, the IMAX time limit is the biggest thing to take the blame. Without that, I feel we would've had at least fifteen extra minutes with the film(probably at least giving it a solid 3 hours) since we haven't really heard or seen anything else regarding other scenes than what we've read or seen the past few months.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-23-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #277
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Foley wasn't just suddenly dead. He shot and killed Barsad when Talia entered the Tumbler and told the driver to shoot them all, and it included Foley. He wasn't just suddenly dead as we had a piece of dialogue to tell us how exactly Foley is dead.
I understood "how" he died, but you don't see it happen. Talia gives the order and then we see his body but it happens off-screen. I think that actually dulls the effect of his death to be honest. But its a minor grumble.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #278
JackWhite
Third Man

In the set videos Batman actually took out, I think, four people then met up with Bane. But in the film we see him just take out two, while Bane ends up wrecking about six guys.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #279
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I actually don't even remember "Bane wrecking six guys" but admittedly its been awhile since I last saw the scene. Looking forward to watching the blu-ray.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #280
Hype_the_Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Wasn't there a Tumbler that was seen falling into a hole / crater in the street during set videos? Was that in the film? I can't remember.
We see it blow up behind the HEMMT truck and then Catwoman rides over it and the wheels do a barrel roll

Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #281
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Make Bane more understandable

more development of Bruce/Selina & Batman/Catwoman

a Batman/Catwoman rooftop chase

make Bane's voice more understandable

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #282
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
This. I want this in the next Batman franchise. Just once.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #283
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:

lol, you really couldn't understand him?

Only bits of dialogue that went over my head was:

"Shipwrecked men turning to seawater" - I thought it was seaworld, lol.

"Borrowed time you've all been living on" - I thought was ball of time.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #284
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

The only one I didn't get the first two times I saw it was "Time to go mobile." I heard "Time to gomnovble."

Old 11-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #285
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #286
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

I got everything except for the first and last line...what did you say?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #287
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

I could have used a little more Bruce/Blake interaction too, considering the ending.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #288
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Its weird cause I loved the Dark Knight Rises but I'd change the film very drastically if I could. As I've stated in previous threads I would've got rid of the 8 year gap. Infact I'd have started it straight from the end of the Dark Knight and I've have had the Riddler work out that Batman didn't kill anyone. As much as I loved John Blake I wouldn't have had him in it at all but I'd have had JGL as the Riddler. I'd have had Batman struggle to save the day due to the Police constantly been on his tail, also I'd have had the Catwoman be in it pretty much as she was but without the wanting to start a new life stuff and have Batman defeat the Riddler at the end who would've been using his riddles to evade the Bat & the Police. He'd also team with Catwoman at one point but in the end would've shopped her off to Jail. The ending of the film would've been Batman standing over the city looking an as the trilogy comes to a close.

Also Matthew Modine would not have been anywhere near this film, his performance was horrible and I could careless for his character and Tom Hardy would have been Harvey Bullock the Cop trying to bring the Batman down.

But thats more a fan fic, if I had to just make minor changes, Bane's voice would be different (I couldn't stand it), the 8 year gap would be gone, there'd have been more focus on the Police bringing down the Batman and I'd have gotten rid of the Talia twist. Again I'd have had the 3rd film end the first year of Batman's career.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 11-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #289
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

But if you changed that, would The Riddler see faces and feel it in his bones and stuff?....

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #290
Anno_Domini
Banned User

A couple things..

The Riddler - I feel like he would end up being compared to Joker much more than even Bane is as well as being nothing really new after seeing Joker in TDK.

John Blake - I think it would be best to not even mention him if someone had a different idea for TDKR because Kevin Smith made a great point that the eight year gap could've been there to also grow the character of Blake who was mostly living in the orphanage during those eight years. He is a rookie after all and could be as young as 20 in TDKR.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #291
batbax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
But if you changed that, would The Riddler see faces and feel it in his bones and stuff?....
Oh you.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #292
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its weird cause I loved the Dark Knight Rises but I'd change the film very drastically if I could. As I've stated in previous threads I would've got rid of the 8 year gap. Infact I'd have started it straight from the end of the Dark Knight and I've have had the Riddler work out that Batman didn't kill anyone. As much as I loved John Blake I wouldn't have had him in it at all but I'd have had JGL as the Riddler. I'd have had Batman struggle to save the day due to the Police constantly been on his tail, also I'd have had the Catwoman be in it pretty much as she was but without the wanting to start a new life stuff and have Batman defeat the Riddler at the end who would've been using his riddles to evade the Bat & the Police. He'd also team with Catwoman at one point but in the end would've shopped her off to Jail. The ending of the film would've been Batman standing over the city looking an as the trilogy comes to a close.

Also Matthew Modine would not have been anywhere near this film, his performance was horrible and I could careless for his character and Tom Hardy would have been Harvey Bullock the Cop trying to bring the Batman down.

But thats more a fan fic, if I had to just make minor changes, Bane's voice would be different (I couldn't stand it), the 8 year gap would be gone, there'd have been more focus on the Police bringing down the Batman and I'd have gotten rid of the Talia twist. Again I'd have had the 3rd film end the first year of Batman's career.
I'm a bit iffy on the Riddler stuff, but everything else you said sounds great. Especially about getting rid of the 8 year gap, Foley, and the Talia "twist".

Quote:

- The Joker
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #293
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
LMAO, even when I first saw the scene I was . Not only did Blake somehow guess that Bruce was Batman (in a city of 12 million nonetheless), Bruce didn't even bother denying it. As long as he'd kept the secret, I figured he'd atleast refute it once or twice

Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #294
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm a bit iffy on the Riddler stuff, but everything else you said sounds great. Especially about getting rid of the 8 year gap, Foley, and the Talia "twist".

Well tbh I probably didn't explain that very well. Did you see that fan film that someone did with the Riddler and Scarface in? Well I would've liked the Riddler to be like that.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #295
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Blake is a detective, (Detective comics has a different logo for each movie in the trilogy btw) and he's really good and that stuff, even as a kid! (/Sarcasm)

I bought it because, at the heart, Nolan knows how silly comic books are, and those clunky lines are straight from a comic book. I can literally see the panels as he is talking.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #296
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
Blake is a detective, (Detective comics has a different logo for each movie in the trilogy btw) and he's really good and that stuff, even as a kid! (/Sarcasm)

I bought it because, at the heart, Nolan knows how silly comic books are, and those clunky lines are straight from a comic book. I can literally see the panels as he is talking.
Blake= "Dick" Robin John Blake. Eh? Eh?

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #297
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well tbh I probably didn't explain that very well. Did you see that fan film that someone did with the Riddler and Scarface in? Well I would've liked the Riddler to be like that.
Am I the only one who didn't care for the guy who played as the Riddler in that fan film? Lol.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #298
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
LMAO, even when I first saw the scene I was . Not only did Blake somehow guess that Bruce was Batman (in a city of 12 million nonetheless), Bruce didn't even bother denying it. As long as he'd kept the secret, I figured he'd atleast refute it once or twice
Agreed. It's one of my least favorite scenes in the trilogy.

Quote:
I haven't seen it. What's the name of it?

- The Joker
Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #299
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Puppet Master

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #300
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Agreed. It's one of my least favorite scenes in the trilogy.

I haven't seen it. What's the name of it?
Yeah Puppet Master, its really good Batmans a tad skinny in it though n while he does sounds like Bale he doesn't quite get it down he sticks to a mellow sounding Bats but its really good, good production values for one and the Bat costume is spot on with the Nolan films.

Closed Thread