The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: The reboot should be based on....
A) Realism 3 2.59%
B) Dark Imagination 39 33.62%
C) Silliness 2 1.72%
D) Both A and B 64 55.17%
E) Other 8 6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #176
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

Kilmer's smile was just goofy as hell in BF. Whereas with another actor, it might not be as bad.

And Batman smiled and laughed his frickin head off in TKJ. That was fine by me

Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #177
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

Also this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #178
CJ
The Laser Ghost

I think the next trilogy should be like the Arkham Asylum/City series.

I would love an entirely CGI Batman movie.

Sonic Boom

November 8th on Cartoon Network

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #179
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Damn it, Joker, why did you have to bring this back into my conscience?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #180
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Damn it, Joker, why did you have to bring this back into my conscience?
It's all part of the plaaaan

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #181
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

The idea that Batman doesn't smile is absolutely ridiculous.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #182
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It looks very odd though on film, imo.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #183
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It looks very odd though on film, imo.
Odd? Whatever do you mean.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #184
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #185
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
The idea that Batman doesn't smile is absolutely ridiculous.
It just looks stupid. I prefer Bruce to do the smiling when in his playboy role or with Alfred, and leave the Batman dark and brooding. He should be in character when he's Batman, focused. Bale let out his rage with it quite a bit. I like that. Batman shouldn't have happy moments, it distracts from the mission and seems silly. Which just reminds you of the campy lighter stuff.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #186
the last son
Side-Kick

I personally think all super hero movies should be rated R

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #187
shauner111
Side-Kick

Id like to eventually see a Batman movie like that. But it would be a selfish adult request...to ask for all of them with an R Rating LOL. That immediately cuts out all children, which isn't fair at all.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #188
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Some things look better in art / animation than in real life. A smiling Batman is one of those things.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #189
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I always thought this was kind of a selfish attitude. If I was 8 and wasn't allowed to see Batman and Spider-Man movies because they were rated R...I'd be hella pissed!

Now, I wouldn't be opposed to an R rated Batman movie (perhaps based on Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum) happening one day down the line, but no way every superhero movie should be rated R.

As for the reboot....I voted A & B, but I'd love to be surprised with an option that we're not even considering.

Honestly, I've love to see Batman Beyond the movie. Nolan cited Blade Runner as an influence for Batman Begins, but if you set the film a few decades into the future you can really get the Blade Runner version of Batman. It would be a cool way to push the franchise more into Sci-Fi without getting too campy or blatantly unrealistic. And I also think, after the ending of TDKR the world would be ready to see a Batman film where Bruce Wayne isn't in the cape and cowl. But it could be just like the show where he is the mentor.

Not to mention, the movie could also have flashbacks to Batman's heyday ala Return of the Joker. Could be pretty epic.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #190
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #191
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It just looks stupid. I prefer Bruce to do the smiling when in his playboy role or with Alfred, and leave the Batman dark and brooding. He should be in character when he's Batman, focused. Bale let out his rage with it quite a bit. I like that. Batman shouldn't have happy moments, it distracts from the mission and seems silly. Which just reminds you of the campy lighter stuff.
Yes, because Kilmer looked odd it looks stupid. And lighter stuff is, of course, BAD when it comes to Batman. You guys...

Quote:
Nice trolling.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #192
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Dark imagination please.

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #193
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Odd? Whatever do you mean.

I don't mind Batman smiling or even laughing. BUT KILMER!

Seriously, as far as Batman cinematic actors:
Bale > Keaton > West > Clooney > Kilmer

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Last edited by BlueLightning; 11-24-2012 at 03:12 PM.
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #194
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #195
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Honestly, I've love to see Batman Beyond the movie. Nolan cited Blade Runner as an influence for Batman Begins, but if you set the film a few decades into the future you can really get the Blade Runner version of Batman. It would be a cool way to push the franchise more into Sci-Fi without getting too campy or blatantly unrealistic. And I also think, after the ending of TDKR the world would be ready to see a Batman film where Bruce Wayne isn't in the cape and cowl. But it could be just like the show where he is the mentor.

Not to mention, the movie could also have flashbacks to Batman's heyday ala Return of the Joker. Could be pretty epic.
This would be amazing. It's one thing that they can pull off once the Justice League/Bat-Reboot universe is over. Mr. Freeze would be a fantastic choice for a Batman Beyond villain or it could be a different way to bring Joker back to the big screen.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #196
shauner111
Side-Kick

Lmao that Keaton smile under the cowl makes him look like a perverted Batman.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #197
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yes, because Kilmer looked odd it looks stupid. And lighter stuff is, of course, BAD when it comes to Batman. You guys...
Imo, it doesn't matter who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman; the look of someone smiling in that Batsuit in a live action film just looks off to me. It's fine in a cartoon because they will of course have some light-heatedness to it, but with Batman: TAS, it also worked. Again, in a live-action film, it doesn't, imo.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #198
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It depends what you mean by lighthearted. Grant Morrison's Batman run is lighthearted, zany and entirely wacky.

But the main villain was a man who was evil for the sake of being evil. His entire cause was the perversion and corruption of virtue. He intended to disfigure Bruce, mentally and physically, to live as a slave of the Black Glove, after drugging him for five days, fracturing Bruce's psyche and torturing Alfred. leave Dick a vegetable, entombed in his own body, tortured by the memories of his formerly spectacular life. Damian would be corrupted after his valiant efforts at redemption. While the Wayne's would be remembered as drug addled swingers and Thomas was a wife beater and Martha cheated with Alfred. Joker dug up a corpse and danced with it, and disfigured his own face. And Pyg, don't get started with Pyg.

Having a light hearted Bat-Family and tone just makes the villains all the more horrifying.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #199
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Imo, it doesn't matter who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman; the look of someone smiling in that Batsuit in a live action film just looks off to me. It's fine in a cartoon because they will of course have some light-heatedness to it, but with Batman: TAS, it also worked. Again, in a live-action film, it doesn't, imo.
If you say so. Yes there is no way someone in a batsuit can smile and it doesn't look odd. No way!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #200
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
If you say so. Yes there is no way someone in a batsuit can smile and it doesn't look odd. No way!
Loving how you're bringing sarcasm into it. Such a great way to continue a conversation.