The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #301
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,929
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its weird cause I loved the Dark Knight Rises but I'd change the film very drastically if I could. As I've stated in previous threads I would've got rid of the 8 year gap. Infact I'd have started it straight from the end of the Dark Knight and I've have had the Riddler work out that Batman didn't kill anyone. As much as I loved John Blake I wouldn't have had him in it at all but I'd have had JGL as the Riddler. I'd have had Batman struggle to save the day due to the Police constantly been on his tail, also I'd have had the Catwoman be in it pretty much as she was but without the wanting to start a new life stuff and have Batman defeat the Riddler at the end who would've been using his riddles to evade the Bat & the Police. He'd also team with Catwoman at one point but in the end would've shopped her off to Jail. The ending of the film would've been Batman standing over the city looking an as the trilogy comes to a close.

Also Matthew Modine would not have been anywhere near this film, his performance was horrible and I could careless for his character and Tom Hardy would have been Harvey Bullock the Cop trying to bring the Batman down.

But thats more a fan fic, if I had to just make minor changes, Bane's voice would be different (I couldn't stand it), the 8 year gap would be gone, there'd have been more focus on the Police bringing down the Batman and I'd have gotten rid of the Talia twist. Again I'd have had the 3rd film end the first year of Batman's career.
Sounds like a cool standalone Batman film, but not a very satisfying end to Bruce's arc in this trilogy. Would like to see a good version of the Riddler though, although I agree with Anno that he would've inevitably been much too close to the Joker in terms of how he pushes Batman thematically.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #302
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Agreed. It's one of my least favorite scenes in the trilogy.
As much as I hate the way that scene plays out, JGL sells the hell out of it. In fact his performance throughout is outstanding, probably my favorite he's ever given.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #303
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 35,510
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
As much as I hate the way that scene plays out, JGL sells the hell out of it. In fact his performance throughout is outstanding, probably my favorite he's ever given.
The acting was fine. It's the material that's woeful. No amount of good acting makes it any less absurd, IMO.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #304
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Sounds like a cool standalone Batman film, but not a very satisfying end to Bruce's arc in this trilogy. Would like to see a good version of the Riddler though, although I agree with Anno that he would've inevitably been much too close to the Joker in terms of how he pushes Batman thematically.
As I've said before though it wouldn't have been the end, I wanted the series to continue like Bond as I've stated many times. I don't think it needed to end, that for me was a mistake by Nolan.

Also I did state under my main bit that that was more a fan fic but if I made changes to the film as it stands it'd be stuff like just take out the 8 year gap etc

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #305
Fudgie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,054
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Make Bane more understandable

more development of Bruce/Selina & Batman/Catwoman

a Batman/Catwoman rooftop chase

make Bane's voice more understandable
Heh ya mean Sean Connery speaking through a paper towel tube was hard for ya to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I could have used a little more Bruce/Blake interaction too, considering the ending.
Yup they had like three short scenes and none of 'em good enough to convince that Blake deserved to be the next Batman or what ever the hell he was gonna be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its weird cause I loved the Dark Knight Rises but I'd change the film very drastically if I could. As I've stated in previous threads I would've got rid of the 8 year gap. Infact I'd have started it straight from the end of the Dark Knight and I've have had the Riddler work out that Batman didn't kill anyone. As much as I loved John Blake I wouldn't have had him in it at all but I'd have had JGL as the Riddler. I'd have had Batman struggle to save the day due to the Police constantly been on his tail, also I'd have had the Catwoman be in it pretty much as she was but without the wanting to start a new life stuff and have Batman defeat the Riddler at the end who would've been using his riddles to evade the Bat & the Police. He'd also team with Catwoman at one point but in the end would've shopped her off to Jail. The ending of the film would've been Batman standing over the city looking an as the trilogy comes to a close.

Also Matthew Modine would not have been anywhere near this film, his performance was horrible and I could careless for his character and Tom Hardy would have been Harvey Bullock the Cop trying to bring the Batman down.

But thats more a fan fic, if I had to just make minor changes, Bane's voice would be different (I couldn't stand it), the 8 year gap would be gone, there'd have been more focus on the Police bringing down the Batman and I'd have gotten rid of the Talia twist. Again I'd have had the 3rd film end the first year of Batman's career.
All these changes are full of win. Hated that 8 year gap and Talia. She ruined Bane for moi.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #306
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The acting was fine. It's the material that's woeful. No amount of good acting makes it any less absurd, IMO.
Truth. But JGL's performance is the reason I just shook my head and rolled my eyes instead of throwing my hands up and shouting "DA HELL, NOLAN?!"

Just imagine what that scene would have been like if an actor of Katie Holmes's caliber was delivering those lines.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music

Last edited by Brain Damage; 11-24-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #307
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah Puppet Master, its really good Batmans a tad skinny in it though n while he does sounds like Bale he doesn't quite get it down he sticks to a mellow sounding Bats but its really good, good production values for one and the Bat costume is spot on with the Nolan films.
It was a great fan film, and I loved their usage of Zsasz as well as Scarface, but I just didn't like the guy playing as Riddler as well, although it is a bit ironic that we heard all these rumors of Riddler being in a third Nolan Batfilm and he's also some fed, and in this fan film...Riddler was a fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Sounds like a cool standalone Batman film, but not a very satisfying end to Bruce's arc in this trilogy. Would like to see a good version of the Riddler though, although I agree with Anno that he would've inevitably been much too close to the Joker in terms of how he pushes Batman thematically.
Not really a standalone, but Riddler could indeed be the first villain in a new series of films for Batman. I always thought Riddler would be a great first villain in a series of films because Batman could be this legend already and the first movie could ask 'Who is The Batman?' which is what the villain will by dying to know as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
As much as I hate the way that scene plays out, JGL sells the hell out of it. In fact his performance throughout is outstanding, probably my favorite he's ever given.
JGL has quickly become my favorite actor these days. I've been loving his stuff as of late; Havoc, The Lookout, (500) Days of Summer, Hesher, 50/50, Inception, Premium Rush, Looper, Lincoln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
As I've said before though it wouldn't have been the end, I wanted the series to continue like Bond as I've stated many times. I don't think it needed to end, that for me was a mistake by Nolan.

Also I did state under my main bit that that was more a fan fic but if I made changes to the film as it stands it'd be stuff like just take out the 8 year gap etc
I don't see how it's a mistake. Nolan had always mentioned how he wanted to give a story with a beginning, middle and end. It would be a mistake not to achieve what you intend to accomplish and instead trying to do more.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #308
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
JGL has quickly become my favorite actor these days. I've been loving his stuff as of late; Havoc, The Lookout, (500) Days of Summer, Hesher, 50/50, Inception, Premium Rush, Looper, Lincoln.
I totally forgot about 50/50. I retract my previous statement, that was easily his best performance.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #309
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 12,699
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Edit

__________________
GODZILLA
T H E A M A Z I N G S P I D E R - M A N 2 - M A Y 2
1939-2014: 75 YEARS OF THE BATMAN
- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #310
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It was a great fan film, and I loved their usage of Zsasz as well as Scarface, but I just didn't like the guy playing as Riddler as well, although it is a bit ironic that we heard all these rumors of Riddler being in a third Nolan Batfilm and he's also some fed, and in this fan film...Riddler was a fed


I don't see how it's a mistake. Nolan had always mentioned how he wanted to give a story with a beginning, middle and end. It would be a mistake not to achieve what you intend to accomplish and instead trying to do more.
I said for me it was a mistake just my opinion. I don't think Nolan wanted anyone attempting to do his version of Batman so that's why he ended it. The first two set such solid groundwork for an ongoing film series I feel it was a missed oppurtinity, heck even Jett on BOF after the first two kept rallying for Batman to take the Bond route. As I've stated before this trilogy could've been year one and they could have carried on from there.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 11-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #311
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Batman Begins, yes, I agree was a good start in what could be a set of films longer than a trilogy, but I didn't really feel the same way after seeing The Dark Knight. Two-Face, one of Batman's greatest villains, died(and at least it could've been ambiguous regarding if Ra's died) and with Batman taking the blame for Dent's crimes...just felt like we were heading to a film to conclude certain storylines. Taking a criminal's crimes so quickly into a series didn't feel like we were going to see a lot more Batman films set in Nolan's universe.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #312
Fudgie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,054
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I said for me it was a mistake just my opinion. I don't think Nolan wanted anyone attempting to do his version of Batman so that's why he ended it. The first two set such solid groundwork for an ongoing film series I feel it was a missed oppurtinity, heck even Jett on BOF after the first two kept rallying for Batman to take the Bond route. As I've stated before this trilogy could've been year one and they could have carried on from there.
Yup, it feels lame now that he was like Batman for a year, quit for 8 years, came back, was gone again, came back again, then was gone again.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #313
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yup, it feels lame now that he was like Batman for a year, quit for 8 years, came back, was gone again, came back again, then was gone again.
Didn't watch the very end of TDKR, did you?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #314
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Didn't watch the very end of TDKR, did you?
John Blake is NOT Batman. He dies in my version of continuity

MAKAVELI25 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #315
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
John Blake is NOT Batman. He dies in my version of continuity
Good thing we didn't watch your continuity

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #316
Fudgie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,054
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Didn't watch the very end of TDKR, did you?
Yeah I saw Wayne dropped the mantle again to pass on to a Cop he hardly knew so he could live out his life in his pink shirt in Venice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
John Blake is NOT Batman. He dies in my version of continuity
I'd like to subscribe to your continuity.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #317
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,929
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

In my continuity everybody in Gotham dies of radiation poisoning...

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #318
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
In my continuity everybody in Gotham dies of radiation poisoning...

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #319
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yeah I saw Wayne dropped the mantle again to pass on to a Cop he hardly knew so he could live out his life in his pink shirt in Venice.
Batman isn't gone again, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
In my continuity everybody in Gotham dies of radiation poisoning...
...and the Age of the Killer Crocs commences!

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #320
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Batman isn't gone again, though


It's also up to interpretation though, isn't it? In the thread where I was arguing that, considering the lessons of TDK, it would be irresponsible for Bruce to hand down the Batman legacy a lot of people pointed out that Blake might never even have to suit up

MAKAVELI25 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #321
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

I wouldn't think it's something that'll never happen, though. Bruce gave the "keys" to the Batcave to Blake and the talk of Batman telling Blake how a mask is important...it wouldn't seem fitting if Blake DOESN'T become Batman.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #322
storyteller
Side-Kick
 
storyteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,638
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Begins

I think I would have went with Maggie from the start. I actually believed that she was capable of doing Rachael job. Holmes kinda seemed *****y and too pretty/young. Of course for Begins I wasn't fond of Rachel at all. But I enjoyed Rachael in the sequel.

So I guess in hindsight I would have kept Rachel but made her just a friend and brought Harvey into begins so we could become more connected.

I wouldn't kill Ra's.(He would actually survive and be seen heavily injured in the third though and his death would spurn Miranda/Talia midway through the film).

I guess I would throw in Talia and get the energy project thing happening earlier.

The 8 year gap(probably make it 4) I was fine with except a lot of plot seemed to happen that could have been hinted at in TDK.
Scarecrow would have had a bigger role of course. Him mixing it up with all the baddies could have given us perspective.


Now the biggest thing I would change is the suit. The Bat symbol needs to be bigger and it needs to pop out. This can be done by simply changing the material. The symbol should be clear as day because it's his symbol.
Also I may have brought back the old suit for the final fight just to kinda show that Bruce doesn't even need the latest toys to take down Bane. A kind of going back to basics approach.

__________________
------------------------------------------

Its time to be a man..................and run away.

Last edited by storyteller; 11-24-2012 at 10:24 PM.
storyteller is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #323
the5timechamp
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 163
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Begins:
-I would check the editing on the tumbler chase, the same cop pops up during various parts of the chase acting as if hes a different cop.
-I would change the shots of people in the narrows seeing batman as he glides and when he lands in their midst..I get that it implies they're seeing a monster but the glowing yellow light looks bad.
-Re-edit the shot of Batman headbutting Falcone and his being knocked out, just looks awkward.

Dark Knight:
-Fix the fight choreography, or at least tighten it up
-reshoot the Batman falling with Rachel scene, either make the cape deploy better or have bats use the grapnel gun to break the momentum of the fall since it raises too many consistency question when dent falls.
-Most importantly I'd adjust Batmans' voice, it detracted from his conversation with Joker and damn near ruins the ending conversation with Joker...the delivery of "This city just showed you..." is about the worst sounding bit of dialog in the trilogy, its not what hes saying as much as how it sounds.
-I'd use triple the amount of explosives on Rachels death

Knight Rises:
-Drop the Foley character and add more Catwoman scenes.
-add an action scene ala "getting Lau from Hong Kong", have it be a chase of Catwoman that also shows Batman dealing with the police force.
-Have Scarecrow in costume, more scenes with the regular citizens of Gotham
-More stealth attacks from Batman as he liberates police force.
-No Talia
-remove the shot of Batman prior to the bomb going off, the flow just hurts the acceptance of the fact he jumped out of the Bat.
-Extend the final battle, make the Bane vs Batman II battle more of a struggle for Batman (I'd cheat and rip off dark knight returns by making the fight take place somewhere that implies batman used smarts and not brute strenght to even the odds)


Above all else I would re-insert some of the missing shots from all the movies (at least the appropriate ones)..Tumbler inside the temporary base in TDK etc. etc.

the5timechamp is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #324
Fudgie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,054
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Knight Rises:
-Drop the Foley character and add more Catwoman scenes.
-add an action scene ala "getting Lau from Hong Kong", have it be a chase of Catwoman that also shows Batman dealing with the police force.
-Have Scarecrow in costume, more scenes with the regular citizens of Gotham
-More stealth attacks from Batman as he liberates police force.
-No Talia
-remove the shot of Batman prior to the bomb going off, the flow just hurts the acceptance of the fact he jumped out of the Bat.
-Extend the final battle, make the Bane vs Batman II battle more of a struggle for Batman (I'd cheat and rip off dark knight returns by making the fight take place somewhere that implies batman used smarts and not brute strenght to even the odds)


Above all else I would re-insert some of the missing shots from all the movies (at least the appropriate ones)..Tumbler inside the temporary base in TDK etc. etc.
Lurve these. Right on about that last shot of Batman in The Bat.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #325
ThePhantasm
BADASS!
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 9,964
Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
As I've said before though it wouldn't have been the end, I wanted the series to continue like Bond as I've stated many times. I don't think it needed to end, that for me was a mistake by Nolan.

Also I did state under my main bit that that was more a fan fic but if I made changes to the film as it stands it'd be stuff like just take out the 8 year gap etc
I'm glad the series won't go on. 3 films of the realism take was enough for me, and later directors likely would have followed Nolan's take for some time. I'm ready for a new style.

__________________
THE HOBBIT: An Unexpected Journey: My Review | The Desolation of Smaug: My Review

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.