Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #76
riotgirl77
TVEA C.D. & Writer

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstroke View Post
the original plot was oliver killing a whole bunch of children after getting his list mixed up with santa's.
lol...

Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #77
Filmboy
Banned User

So Katie Cassidy is playing the love interest of Arrow?

Is Katie Cassidy a regular on the show, Arrow?

So her character will not become the Black Canary?

Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #78
riotgirl77
TVEA C.D. & Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
So Katie Cassidy is playing the love interest of Arrow?

Is Katie Cassidy a regular on the show, Arrow?

So her character will not become the Black Canary?
She's a regular...we shall see about Black Canary.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #79
Nightwing 52
Things change

Some foreshadowing about Laurel as Canary in a couple eps like displaying her ability to defend herself and even making a joke about wearing fishnets one Halloween. And Cassidy has said she hopes of bringing the identity in at some point. So yeah, we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Birds of Prey reference of some kind once Huntress settles in.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #80
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
Some foreshadowing about Laurel as Canary in a couple eps like displaying her ability to defend herself and even making a joke about wearing fishnets one Halloween. And Cassidy has said she hopes of bringing the identity in at some point. So yeah, we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Birds of Prey reference of some kind once Huntress settles in.
As long as it's not the show Birds of Prey.

Thea's a real bird though.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #81
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

If they make Laurel the Black Canary you can bet on her being more like Golden Age Canary than Silver Age, ie Dinah Laurel Lance. There's not going to be a Canary Cry. She'll be like her mom, a woman that puts on a costume and maybe a wig and just kicks ass.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #82
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I wouldn't mind if they made her cry some sort of device. Instead of it being a superpower maybe she carries some sort of sonic thingy that emits a sound that disables people.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #83
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

So... she fights crime using a rape alarm?

Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #84
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol...not a bad idea, right?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #85
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybe she doesn't even fight but just presses her rape alarm. Which means she's pretty much like any other female.

Or she could become an opera singer and learn to break glass.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #86
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol...she could do that, but a device would allow her to keep the canaray call. I don't see how they would call her Black Canary if she doesnt make a sound.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #87
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

The show's version of Vertigo sounds pretty terrible. I get that they don't to have any fun and keep things gritty and grounded, but come on what's the point in using a character when you change every single thing about him.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #88
Robin91939
Master Tim

This may have been answered in the past, or be coming out of left field....

But will Roy Harper make an appearance? Or are they combining both "Speedy"s and setting that mantle up for Thea and splitting it with her and Dig as the side kick?

I just think Roy would be a good fit -- and would like to see him properly re-imagined.

Also, if Smallville weren't the perfect place to introduce a Bruce Wayne, this has to be. They are going grounding -- no DC characters with super powers... Bruce fits that bill -- and he could tie into Ollie's back-story. Perhaps he and Wayne crossed paths on the Island and Wayne was doing training there as he traveled the world? Or Wayne could come to Starling for a business deal with Queen Consolidated? Also an opportunity to give Luthor a mention (though TV Luthor was nailed by Rossenbaum, he doesn't need to be revisited as badly).

Just some questions. I'm becoming a big fan of this show.

-R

Old 11-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #89
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

I'd like to see the show stay away from Superman/Batman except maybe some shared villains. The show works well for what it is IMO, without the additional pressure of incorporating those characters in it. I just don't feel it would live up to the hype.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #90
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Bruce Wayne would overshadow Ollie in nearly every way if he was introduced on the show. However Roy Harper is a possible but that maybe for down the road sometime.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #91
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
The show's version of Vertigo sounds pretty terrible. I get that they don't to have any fun and keep things gritty and grounded, but come on what's the point in using a character when you change every single thing about him.
I don't see how you can take terrible from the description. Of all the information available, the only thing that can be taken from it is "different."

And they're meeting you halfway anyhow by changing the character's name and stating he's inspired by Vertigo.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #92
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Agree. No Supes or Bats. Either they would not live up to expectations or would and overshadow GA. Then fans would be demanding them to show up every season.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #93
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I don't see how you can take terrible from the description. Of all the information available, the only thing that can be taken from it is "different."

And they're meeting you halfway anyhow by changing the character's name and stating he's inspired by Vertigo.
Yeah, but this is pretty much turning Harry Potter into a technological genius instead of a wizard. And that's assuming the character himself is still intact and still an actual Count from a foreign country.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 11-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #94
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Yeah, but this is pretty much turning Harry Potter into a technological genius instead of a wizard. And that's assuming the character himself is still intact and still an actual Count from a foreign country.
And changing his name and saying he's only inspired by Harry Potter.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #95
Savage
Earth Rocker

That's why I feel like at that point just make the character it's own thing. Don't ruin chances for the actual character to show up in the future. Hell, I'd accept that this guy works for Vertigo in some way.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #96
protocida
Side-Kick

It's not like Vertigo is that important. He hasn't even been a villain for a long time.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #97
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

So, I'm confused. Why was there no episode this week?

Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #98
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
It's not like Vertigo is that important. He hasn't even been a villain for a long time.
And it's that kind of thinking that keeps DC Entertainment's moto "If they're not Batman or Superman **** 'em." going.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #99
protocida
Side-Kick

Really? You're comparing DC Comics' powerhouses to Count Vertigo?

Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #100
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Really? You're comparing DC Comics' powerhouses to Count Vertigo?
No, you're missing the point. What determines whether effort should be put into bringing a character to screen or not should not be determined by how angry the fans will get. When changes are made to Batman or Superman or any of their big time rogues, fans flip out. Adapting Superman and Batman is this big deal where writers are walking on egg shells. Everybody else in the DC universe seems to be fair game because of their lack of popularity and that's not a good way to approach it. Basically if WB had Marvel instead we'd probably never get Iron Man or Thor movies. If Disney had DC we'd probably be on our third Wonder Woman flick by now.

The fact that people go "It's Vertigo. Who cares?" and at the same time "Oh my god! Joker uses paint instead?!" is something that upsets me. Vertigo is a good character who should at least be recognizable and not be given the X-men 3 treatment (See Psylock and Calisto and countless others from that movie).

Closed Thread