The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #826
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Correct but you never know, before Bryan started filming that first X-men he visited the productions of the big movies at that time (Star Wars Phantom Menace and Titanic sets) to get a grasp of how to do sfx.

This could be part of Pre-pro for DOFP, and visiting McKellen ("Part friends" as per twitter).

Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #827
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Could be visiting Weta for VFX work.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #828
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
DOFP is supposed to be filmed in Canada correct?
Yes, according to Bryan Singer.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #829
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If we are to have continuity and a shared universe, then we need to know why characters appear or disappear. Angel Salvadore and Riptide could be captured on a mission, even if that takes place off screen before the film begins. Azazel is more tricky because as a teleporter he would escape human attempts to capture or imprison him.
That's not entirely true. I would've liked Nightcrawler in X3 as well, but he did have a complete arc in X2 and it was never said that he joined the X-Men. No explanation was really needed in X3 because it could be assumed that he moved on.

However, Angel and co. were shown to be part of the Brotherhood at the end of FC. I would love for Angel and Riptide to be removed from the sequel to make room for more interesting/relevant characters (Azazel is cool visually and has a possible connection to Mystique and Nightcrawler), but yeah, it would need an explanation.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #830
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Yeah, he didn't even wear an X-suit when they visited the President.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #831
Angamb
Banned User

because he had just joined them after Alkali Lake.

Rogue and Bobby's uniforms were probably coming already, or maybe Xavier already had them, for when they "were ready". Its not the same case as Kurt, definetly.

For me, Kurt ended like the new team member. That's what that last scene meant to me.

Just because Fox and Ratner left him out doesnt mean he didnt become a member. At least in my book.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #832
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Emma must be in Brotherhood. I hope Singer and writers have connected this to the others much more well.

Well, surely in this one they must kill one or two of the Brotherhood's members, maybe Riptide and Angel Salvadore Not Azazel, please. I wanna see Azazel have some affair with Mystique...And a good "Nightcrawler is born"!

I don't wanna see Cyclops, Storm or Jean in this new one. Even better if they introduce someone like Polaris or Thunderbird.

The geek inside of me wanna see in the end Xavier recruit Cyclops in Stryker's island. They can explain that he walks in some ways!

Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #833
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
That's not entirely true. I would've liked Nightcrawler in X3 as well, but he did have a complete arc in X2 and it was never said that he joined the X-Men. No explanation was really needed in X3 because it could be assumed that he moved on.

However, Angel and co. were shown to be part of the Brotherhood at the end of FC. I would love for Angel and Riptide to be removed from the sequel to make room for more interesting/relevant characters (Azazel is cool visually and has a possible connection to Mystique and Nightcrawler), but yeah, it would need an explanation.
The only reason why I want Azazel to be in DOFP is because Jason Flemyng is Matthew Vaughn's good luck charm but like Angel Salvadore and Riptide, I feel like his character is very replaceable. And its not like people assume that he and Mystique will make a baby (Nightcrawler). The hardcore fans want that to happen because of the comics but I don't think its necessary. Cast Jason Flemyng as Avalanche in DOFP and people wouldn't notice that he was Azazel in First Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanreturns View Post
The geek inside of me wanna see in the end Xavier recruit Cyclops in Stryker's island. They can explain that he walks in some ways!
Thats actually very good idea, no need to ignore what happened to Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and it would help the continuity of the X-Men movies.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #834
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Thats actually very good idea, no need to ignore what happened to Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and it would help the continuity of the X-Men movies.
Exactly. If the movie it's set in 1970, they can skip to the end of 1970 in the ending when Xavier recruits Cyke. I'd like also to see Tim Pocock reprise his role, they can also keeps Thayna Tozzi as Emma, they can call her simply "Emma Silverfox", another mutant not related to January Jones' Emma Frost.

If they have this brilliant idea, in the third one it's clear that, with Cyke in, they must introduce Mr. Sinister and Marauders, with Gambit (Taylor Kitsch). It will be set in '80. And they can also introduce characters like Jean and Storm. And, if they based him on Ultimate version, they can also explain why some mutants aren't in the original trilogy (Sinister kill them). Also, Banshee but first...Make Banshee made Siryn.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #835
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
The only reason why I want Azazel to be in DOFP is because Jason Flemyng is Matthew Vaughn's good luck charm but like Angel Salvadore and Riptide, I feel like his character is very replaceable. And its not like people assume that he and Mystique will make a baby (Nightcrawler). The hardcore fans want that to happen because of the comics but I don't think its necessary. Cast Jason Flemyng as Avalanche in DOFP and people wouldn't notice that he was Azazel in First Class.
I think it might seem odd for Flemyng to appear as another main character, such as Avalanche.

The other question is how do you write out his character Azazel. A teleporter would escape prison - so he'd probably have to be kept in a permanent coma or killed off altogether.

Unless, perhaps he was Stryker's first project - somehow developing technology to contain Azazel. Stryker had created containment cells in XMO: Wolverine that (somehow) were mutant-proof, so that none of the captives could escape. What tech did he use? Some sort of inhibitor field that blocked powers by disrupting the neural pathways, and which was later used for the 'neural inhibitor' Stryker put on Charles?

Quote:
Seems a good idea to keep that in continuity if it's possible to do so.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #836
JP
Smelly

Jason will be in the film so long as Vaughn is still producing. Whether he's Azazel is another story.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #837
echostation
Banned User

I can't wait for the action scenes in this film cuz the effects will look amazing and will be very well choreographed, both which are Singer's forte...

Old 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #838
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Not sure if it's lighthearted sarcasm or borderline trolling....

Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #839
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I have a feeling that Vaughn would be a producer-in-name-only.

How do you write out an Azazel? There was a change in the leadership. From lounging in Vegas Clubs, and posh submarines as a Hellfire Club member, to hiding out as a Brotherhood terrorist, one could imagine a teleporter like Azazel would want to Bamf to a more care-free life. Besides Flemyng's Azazel did not look too terribly invested in the mutant cause. I wouldn't mind if they write him out.

Speaking of actors directors have previously worked with, who does everyone think Singer will bring on? Imagine a Stanley Tucci in X-men!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #840
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Jason will be in the film so long as Vaughn is still producing. Whether he's Azazel is another story.
Off the top of my head, I could see him as a future (much older) version of Pyro or even a future (much older) version of Gambit.

Or maybe Fabian Cortez, whose ability is to augment the powers of other mutants, and who perhaps uses that to give a boost to Magneto in the future.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #841
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
How do you write out an Azazel? There was a change in the leadership. From lounging in Vegas Clubs, and posh submarines as a Hellfire Club member, to hiding out as a Brotherhood terrorist, one could imagine a teleporter like Azazel would want to Bamf to a more care-free life.
I could see the above as a reason for Emma (or even Angel) to leave, she seemed to be very much into the whole luxurious lifestyle Shaw was leading and I don't imagine Erik will be as much fun to be around. I didn't get the same impression from Azazel though, he just seemed to be your basic henchman who will follow a strong leader and doesn't mind some danger and violence.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #842
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I could see the above as a reason for Emma (or even Angel) to leave, she seemed to be very much into the whole luxurious lifestyle Shaw was leading and I don't imagine Erik will be as much fun to be around. I didn't get the same impression from Azazel though, he just seemed to be your basic henchman who will follow a strong leader and doesn't mind some danger and violence.
It's interesting to ponder what Magneto and the others have been up to since the end of First Class, and where they have been living/hiding. I want to see that.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #843
Angamb
Banned User

yes, me too!! Ive thought about that. They have to adress where do they live now.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #844
Filmboy
Banned User

I really hope we can see more of Emma in action.

Was really disappointed that she is not involved in the final beach battle scene in First Class.

They should have done a Emma vs Xavier mind fight....it would have been mindblowing ( no pun intended)

Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #845
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Azazel must die but in a third prequel. Angel Salvadore and Riptide too

Emma must just leave at the end of the third one, she understand she was in the wrong side. So, if they make an X4, they can justify her come back, like Singer wanted for his X3. And yes, in a third one they can show Magneto recruit Sabretooth and Toad.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #846
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Emma must just leave at the end of the third one, she understand she was in the wrong side. So, if they make an X4, they can justify her come back, like Singer wanted for his X3. And yes, in a third one they can show Magneto recruit Sabretooth and Toad.
I agree to all of this, I want to see Emma Frost as a member of the X-Men (with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, etc). And I want to see how Magneto recruited Sabretooth and Toad. But the thing is when Emma Frost appeared in X4, as one of the X-Men or at least an ally of the X-Men, she would look really old unless young Emma time travelled to the future then she would still look young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I really hope we can see more of Emma in action.

Was really disappointed that she is not involved in the final beach battle scene in First Class.

They should have done a Emma vs Xavier mind fight....it would have been mindblowing ( no pun intended)
Yes, Emma is the only one that I want to keep from Shaw's mutant army because I feel like as a character in the comics, she's more important and more relevant compare to Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide.

She was also the main henchman of Sebastian Shaw, like she was at the top of Shaw's mutant army. If Sebastian Shaw had somewhere to go but he couldn't, she sent Emma to represent him. At the end of First Class, Magneto recruited her to be his "partner in crime" like a replacement to Charles Xavier, like in DOFP I expect Emma to be Magneto's main henchman, the #1 person to do Magneto's dirty works. I feel like she has more to offer than the other three mutants. I feel like they could easily kill Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide and it wouldn't hurt the movie. But with Emma, if they killed her very early or if they didn't bring her back, I would feel like they didn't live up to her potential.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #847
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree to all of this, I want to see Emma Frost as a member of the X-Men (with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, etc). And I want to see how Magneto recruited Sabretooth and Toad. But the thing is when Emma Frost appeared in X4, as one of the X-Men or at least an ally of the X-Men, she would look really old unless young Emma time travelled to the future then she would still look young.
This is my idea. Bryan Singer wanted Sigourney Weaver for Emma Frost, so...Weaver can play an old Emma in X4.

Anyway, i'd like to see Magneto recruit Sabretooth and Toad but the geek inside of me want to see Stryker made experiments to Liev Schreiber's Victor Creed and (de)evolve him in Tyler Mane's Sabretooth. It will be good.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #848
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Anyway, i'd like to see Magneto recruit Sabretooth and Toad but the geek inside of me want to see Stryker made experiments to Liev Schreiber's Victor Creed and (de)evolve him in Tyler Mane's Sabretooth. It will be good.
Yes, that would explain why Sabretooth looked so different in X1 but I don't think we will see more of Stryker.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #849
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, that would explain why Sabretooth looked so different in X1 but I don't think we will see more of Stryker.
Well, if not Stryker himself, at least the Team X. But i wanna see definitely more Stryker, also his attempt to send his son, Jason, to Xavier's school.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #850
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
They either need to get the January Jones version into the future, or cast an older version. Not sure if Sigourney might be a bit too old now, but there's always Nicollette Sheridan or (as long as she can add a bit of humour and wit) Charlize Theron.

Quote:
Yes, Emma is the only one that I want to keep from Shaw's mutant army because I feel like as a character in the comics, she's more important and more relevant compare to Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide.

She was also the main henchman of Sebastian Shaw, like she was at the top of Shaw's mutant army. If Sebastian Shaw had somewhere to go but he couldn't, she sent Emma to represent him. At the end of First Class, Magneto recruited her to be his "partner in crime" like a replacement to Charles Xavier, like in DOFP I expect Emma to be Magneto's main henchman, the #1 person to do Magneto's dirty works. I feel like she has more to offer than the other three mutants. I feel like they could easily kill Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide and it wouldn't hurt the movie. But with Emma, if they killed her very early or if they didn't bring her back, I would feel like they didn't live up to her potential.
I think just quickly killing off three of the Brotherhood would seem a bit contrived, even though it's looking unlikely that we will see those three characters again (unless Singer keeps Azazel, who is at least handy as a method of transportation of the Brotherhood - otherwise how do they get around?).