The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #701
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I understand your points, and Im not happy with her role either...

but we cant have info about the origin of all the x-men.

And about why she is with the x-men, we dont need an explanation at all, she is there because she believes in Xaviers cause and she wants to be with them.

The only scene where I said "WHAT??" was on X3 after Charles death and Storm saying maybe they should close the school. What a slap on the face to the character and the fans. pretty bad from the writers department.
Okay but you must admit that not knowing about her view on things. Not seeing her be addressed as second in command in any of the previous films but then to be chosen as Cyclops' replacement. And I still think we should have at least been told that she was African because most people think she is american. Singer did originally plan to shoot scenes of the young storm and cyclops and how their powers triggered it would have featured storm in Africa, I would have loved to see that.

By the way, it was beast that said they should close the school. Storm didn't say anything in that scene until the last moment when she emphatically states that the 'school stays open'. You're right about the bad writing though. the possibility of the school closing is something that should not have even been considered. I mean if they believe in Xavier's dream why would they even think about ending it with him. it goes against everything Storm said in her eulogy. X3 has so much flaws it makes me angry

Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #702
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

oh, it was Beast? in any case, still a mistake, lol. Beast shouldnt have said that either, agggh. He was an early student and has come back to the school and expect his mates to close the school? come on!

anyway, X3 talk should be avoid until Days of future release, lol.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #703
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
oh, it was Beast? in any case, still a mistake, lol. Beast shouldnt have said that either, agggh. He was an early student and has come back to the school and expect his mates to close the school? come on!

anyway, X3 talk should be avoid until Days of future release, lol.
I interpreted it that Beast said that to force Storm to step up to her new responsibility and take over the school. Beast smiles when she says the school will stay open, almost as though he did it to make her do that.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #704
Angamb
Banned User

mmm...should check it again.

But Xavier has just died.... I dont see any x-man making somekind of a joke, even with a great intention. dont know

Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #705
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
mmm...should check it again.

But Xavier has just died.... I dont see any x-man making somekind of a joke, even with a great intention. dont know
Not a joke, but a way to make Storm steps up to her new responsibility to run the school.

But, anyway, it was not done in the best way.

There were more annoying parts in the film, though. But I won't go into all that. Let's focus on the future. X3 was so 6 years ago!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #706
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I completely, totally and utterly agree. Even in X-men the last stand where she has the most screen time her character still has nothing much to do. Halle is basically in it because she was a big star at the time, and Storm would allow for cool special effect, action pieces. The character isn't developed and even if they recast (which I think they shouldn't) if they don't do more to respect the character than it won't be any better. it would make sense to keep Halle in the role as audiences are already familiar with her as Storm and to give her better character development.
Exactly. Film Storm has received very little character development and her character has never actually been a participant in the plot of the films: she's just a placeholder, there to deliver some exposition or special effects. Storm could almost be cut out of all the movies and there would be no real difference to the main plot of the films.

At this point it's time to accept that Halle's Storm will never get any development because there are established characters that could best be utilized in the small amount of time that's likely to be allotted to the future storyline. Anyway, I think the best way to do the character justice would be to introduce her in the First Class timeline.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #707
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
just relax..

the first point is too many people have been waiting a very long time for main villains in X-men Days of Future Past, here they are :

Apocalypse
Mister Sinister ( Apocalypse's Partnership )
Holocaust ( Apocalypse's Son )
Exodus ( New a member for Apocalypse's partner )
Archangel

- Halle Berry who played as Storm must be come back because she will be a leader X-men team, her power will have to look greater than she was before and she won't wear a leather black suit, she must wear like in comic book ! she's a sexy even she's the teacher!

- Famke Janssen who played as the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Must come back too with stronger than she's was in X3, she will have to be White Phoenix of the Crown with protagonist character and wearing a white one! she will have to destroy apocalypse!
White Phoenix of the Crown Versus Apocalypse ! Big Battle Force !

- Charlize Theron is great for an older Emma Frost !

- Rebecca Romijn as Mystique will be generation about her mutations, but in this time she doesn't join with brotherhood but making Apocalypse Rise ! and Join with Apocalypse and Mister Sinister to revenge Magneto, because in X3, he was left her! and a long her adventure she will have to fight with bringing guns like in comic book !

- Scarlet Witch is Angelina Jolie is best ! Kelly Hu who played as Lady Deathstrike in X2, she would be interested to come in past, bring in present and future with Age of Apocalypse and a New character from the Hellfire Club is Selene Gallio / the Black Queen must appear there, she won't be as villain but she joins with the X-men !

- Havok, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Cable, Banshee, Beast, Bishop, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Toad, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche must be there !
That's a big wish-list, especially for one film.

But I like the ideas - except for Angelina Jolie as Scarlet Witch. Not sure about that at all, even though Jolie's German/Slovak ancestry makes her suitable in that regard. She just seems too much of a celebrity for the role.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 11-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #708
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

If there's to be one character from the movieverse that would be appropriate for wearing black leather, I would think Storm would be it. Heck I would say 95%* of her costumes from the comics are black leather!

*completely made up

Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #709
psyonic
X-Man

Storm in her punk outfit would be pretty cool

Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #710
BMM
Side-Kick

Agreed, or something similar.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #711
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Storm in her punk outfit would be pretty cool
That's pretty much Kelsey Grammer's Beast's costume from X3 isn't it

I would actually like to see them give Storm her punk/mohawk hairstyle, especially if put against the backdrop of a run-down post-Apocalyptic America. They've shown that they are experimental when it comes to giving unique hairstyles to Halle's Storm's platinum blonde hair. Storm's AoA hair (though something more grounded) would be something I'd like to see them try too.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #712
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Agreed! I think Gambit could easily be added in the first X-Men movie. Instead of giving us Iceman as the love interest of Rogue, they should have gave us Gambit and it would have been more similar to the comics. I like the movie version of Iceman and I liked his small role on X1 but still Rogue/Gambit are still the original couple.
It's definitely not too late for Rogue and Gambit to find each other and fall in love. I'd also like Kitty and Colossus to start dating. Not sure who Iceman's love interest is.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #713
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It's definitely not too late for Rogue and Gambit to find each other and fall in love. I'd also like Kitty and Colossus to start dating. Not sure who Iceman's love interest is.

I would agree is Bryan Singer didn't find Gambit so redundant. ROMY not happening in Singerverse. Specifically not in these films because if there is a 3rd film it will focus on the core XMFC cast. DOFP will probably be the only film that offers some OT faves to come back even then it will be limited screentime. Maybe 2 from the OT cast will have expanded roles.

Singer & Fox have already said this is Magneto's film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That's a big wish-list, especially for one film.
LOL! I thought he same thing.

And Jolie as Wanda was so random.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #714
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
No, they haven't.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #715
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No, they haven't.
Yes, they have. He pulled it from a source called "Hizass"

Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #716
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

lol

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #717
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
That was X-Men First Class.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #718
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
just relax..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruton View Post
I would want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guests View Post
Charlize Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremmy View Post
FAMKE JANSSEN
Same person....multiple names....one post each....in same thread.....makes no sense. Choose a name and stick with it.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #719
Angamb
Banned User

oh, that's why I had the impression to read the same message in different threads.

glad you noticed.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #720
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

Bryan Singer on twitter. https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/stat...07302970105856

Quote:
Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come...
MORE TO COME

Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #721
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_ice View Post
MORE TO COME
That's the best part.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #722
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
I understand your points, and Im not happy with her role either...

but we cant have info about the origin of all the x-men.

And about why she is with the x-men, we dont need an explanation at all, she is there because she believes in Xaviers cause and she wants to be with them.
If they can build upon what we had of Storm in X3, I think she'll be a fine addition to DOFP.

I really loved her portrayal in X3 and how she was very much the voice of reason when it came to the cure, Jean, and the closing of the school.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #723
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

I would love to see Charlize as Emma Frost - I think a more mature woman with a stronger screen presence (like Charlize) would work better. If the part was recast (unlikely) I think Yvonne Strahovski, who I recently discovered on Dexter, would be perfect.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #724
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Time Travel guys.

They can take Iceman, Colossus and Wolverine post-X3, Xavier, Jean and Magneto from the end of X1 and Young Storm, Cyclops and Angel from pre-X days (recasts) and bring Young Xavier, Young Magneto, Young Mystique and Young Beast from the XMFC days. You juggle all that while fighting Sentinels (Bastion?) and Tme Travel (Cable?) And you've got yourself a heckuva time.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #725
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Imagine everyone returns in some way, shape or form?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread