The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #501
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
For me, Chris Judge was closest to Trogg and Barsard was either Zombie or Bird. In my head, of course.
Mine too, lol. I know "Barsad" is a reference to Tale of Two Cities, but I couldn't help but think that him as "Bird", ha!

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #502
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Mine too, lol. I know "Barsad" is a reference to Tale of Two Cities, but I couldn't help but think that him as "Bird", ha!
lol, same man!

Perhaps the older guy Bane talks to at the stock exchange will be Zombie?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #503
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
lol, same man!

Perhaps the older guy Bane talks to at the stock exchange will be Zombie?
Heh, I buy it

Also...for me Barsad was like The Chechen of this film. Just that cool secondary bad guy who's fun to watch every time he's on screen. Josh Stewart did a great job with the little he was given.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #504
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Heh, I buy it

Also...for me Barsad was like The Chechen of this film. Just that cool secondary bad guy who's fun to watch every time he's on screen. Josh Stewart did a great job with the little he was given.
Most definitely.

I love that look of fear and respect when Bane kills the one goon in the sewer. It's very quick, but also very nuanced.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #505
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Indeed. Just as powerful as the interrogation but as different as Bane and Joker are.
Precisely. Showing how powerless Batman is in two totally different ways but with the same visceral impact. The interrogation was my favorite initially but upon further viewings, I have a feeling they'll be equals to me for this very reason.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #506
Victarion
Cut

My headcannon: Barsad = Deadshot; Bald Guy at the Computer = Zombie.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #507
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't call a rising platform and a new wardrobe radical new improvements lol.
Construction-wise, creating two rising platforms as well as a rising walkway(or it could be a couple of those as well, not sure), that could probably take a while to do.

I think the new Batcave was definitely an improvement rather than a wooden closet to keep the Batsuit in and really no computers or any place to put a vehicle rather than on the ground, and it keeps a realistic vibe that Nolan's trilogy as always pushed. It may still be simple, but it's an improvement nonetheless.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #508
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The Batcave was a huge let down for me. I was waiting to see what Nolan would come up with since the first movie alluded to it. I loved the Tumbler and of course the Batpod, so I had really high hopes. Hard to describe what I was looking for, but definately something more then a rising platform with a couple of computers on it. I also liked the cage for the suit in tdk and the armoire in Begins much better then the plexiglass case.
Yup same with moi. Wayne Manor didn't need to be burned to the ground so the Batcave could have a platform that comes outta the water and a new glass case for the Bat costume hahaha.

Some "improvements" they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNinja87 View Post
I am late to the party but, here is my two cents, I am a fan of the entire Nolan Bat Trilogy but I am not one of those fanboys who think these movies are the be all end all of superhero movies ( people that think every super hero movie needs to dark, gritty and serious to be considered good). But the Dark Knight Rises is my least favorite Nolan bat film and I do think the movie kinda prevents the Nolan bat movies to be considered perfect.

The dark knight rises was the first Bat movie where I actually checked my watch a few times during my first viewing. I was expecting this to be epic, and action packed since it was the finale for Nolan's bat films and with both viewings I saw in theaters I was just underwhelmed ( though I like the movie a bit more the second time). Rises just had plot holes, and not enough action or batman and unintentionally funny moments. Tom Hardy was great as Bane and all but he still didn't hold a candle to Joker and the final fight between him and Bats is laughable really. But even with all that I liked the movie ( and will buy it next week) but its not as amazing as Dark Knight or Begins in my opinion and the movie I will re watch the least as time passes.
A hearty welcome aboard. Cool first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I am buying it mostly to have the complete the Nolan Bat trilogy and I am a Bat fan on general .
I reckon I'll be in the same boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Agreed, I even made a thread about this. Blake takes away valuable screentime from characters like Bane and Catwoman who could have used more development. And that's not even speaking of Tate/Talia
Yup Blake is like a lead weight on movie.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #509
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yup same with moi. Wayne Manor didn't need to be burned to the ground so the Batcave could have a platform that comes outta the water and a new glass case for the Bat costume hahaha.

Some "improvements" they were.
That goes without saying Wayne Manor didn't need to be burnt down to the ground for any kind of improvements done to the Batcave, EXCEPT for the elevator to go down there. And that was improved as it became an actual elevator.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #510
Fudgie
Banned User

Be still my heart, a brand new elevator down to the cave. That was so worth a 4 year wait to see the new improved Cave.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #511
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Be still my heart, a brand new elevator down to the cave. That was so worth a 4 year wait to see the new improved Cave.

I'm not saying it was a worthwhile idea for the Batcave either.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #512
Fudgie
Banned User

Oh goody. Because it was like the most underwhelming addition after the glass case for the costume.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #513
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But the idea alone of Wayne Manor needing to be burnt to the ground to improve the Batcave didn't need to be, but that's what they chose to go in that route I guess.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #514
Ryan
Side-Kick

I don't think being realistic entails that stuff has to be boring. The tumbler and bat pod are fairly realistic both are far from boring. The cave however really lacked any creativity. Like the car, or the belt, the cave is such an iconic part of the mythos and i was completely underwhelmed. I've seen better bat cave themed home theaters on the net.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #515
TheGuy
Side-Kick

I dig the minimalist design of the cave. Nothing fancy. In case anyone accidentally stumbled upon the cave, no one would suspect it is the hideout of Batman. Besides, most of his stuff are in Applied Sciences.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #516
Ryan
Side-Kick

minimalist is putting it mildly

Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #517
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
In case anyone accidentally stumbled upon the cave, no one would suspect it is the hideout of Batman
Aside from the apparently automatic rising platforms...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #518
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think being realistic entails that stuff has to be boring. The tumbler and bat pod are fairly realistic both are far from boring. The cave however really lacked any creativity. Like the car, or the belt, the cave is such an iconic part of the mythos and i was completely underwhelmed. I've seen better bat cave themed home theaters on the net.
Although, imo, I didn't feel like it was boring. It did look boring in Batman Begins, but it had to with being the origin film, so the cave didn't have to look legit, but we had some new raising platforms as well as the computer Bruce used in The Dark Knight. Which is all what we needed, imo. The bunker in TDK looked fine for an area for Bruce to use as his lair and just substitute the bunker with the Batcave and I think the raising platforms to keep his suit and The Bat as well to keep a computer is quite enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
We saw it raise up automatically before in the film though with Bruce in the Batcave before Batman returned.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #519
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Lol. Good point. I think the thing to remember is they could do as much or as little as they want in these movies because afterall, its fantasy. I mean, he drove a car the size of a tank but was able to escape all of Gotham's police in the first movie. I thought I even read somewhere that people were talking about how the 'dent act' couldn't be passed into effect that fast after batman's retirement. Did I read that right? I know Nolan was trying to bring realism to this genre but I don't think we can get too carried away with imposing the rules of the 'real' world in these films. Nolan chose to have the cave basically empty, aside from the platforms. Why, I have no idea and it was pretty disappointing for me. But, he also could have had it decked out and probably justified it as well as a flying "bat" that gets around town without being noticed.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #520
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But as you said, Nolan can do as much or as little. He chose to do as little as he can with the Batcave, which is fine by me, imo. Plus, why would he have a real decked out Batvace if Bruce was going to retire sometime during the last eight years?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #521
Ryan
Side-Kick

Why would Fox have a "bat" ready.....just in case
There are as many arguments for and against all of this stuff and again its all a matter of opinion. I simply hated the plain cave and waited years to see something amazing and got the Begins cave, with a platform, and a couple computers...

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #522
Ryan
Side-Kick

Getting back to the title of the thread. I still think this film was not the one intended. I have no proof, so I won't debate it. Maybe call it wishful thinking if anything.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #523
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Why would Fox have a "bat" ready.....just in case
There are as many arguments for and against all of this stuff and again its all a matter of opinion. I simply hated the plain cave and waited years to see something amazing and got the Begins cave, with a platform, and a couple computers...
Fox always had The Bat as it was used for other purposes before he showed it to Bruce, lol.

Quote:
Getting back to the title of the thread. I still think this film was not the one intended. I have no proof, so I won't debate it. Maybe call it wishful thinking if anything.
Wishful thinking for sure

TDKR, to me, definitely feels like a film that was meant to be made. Nolan's not some director that would return just for money; he would've only retuned if he found an idea for a third film as he's mentioned before and he found that story. I mean, this has been the best 3rd installment of any CBM before and it seems like people are dogging on it as if it's like Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3, when it's simply not. It has its flaws, but so did The Dark Knight. And I'm not afraid to admit that, but Nolan's entire trilogy is breathtaking that I can look past those mistakes, but that's just me.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #524
Ryan
Side-Kick

Fox showed him the bat for old times sake...in other words, in case he wanted to get back into being batman obviously. Why even install the computers or the rising platforms? There is no actual timeline or reasoning for this stuff other then that Nolan wanted it that way. I could give as many reason why the cave could have been decked out as much as you can give reasons why it wasn't. The simple answer again is Nolan didn't do it, so it wasn't done. My simple answer is I hated it and found it completely unimaginative. I only compare TDKR to TDK and Begins and for me, it falls so far short, its not even funny. There were certain parts that reclaimed the magic, but overall, it fell rushed and more like a plan "B" film after Heath's death. Again, just my opinion and I have no more proof of that then anyone to contrary as its never been on the record by Nolan if Heath was to return. I'll gladly concede my feeling about that once I read it in print and I'd love to be wrong about it. TDKR is still better then Spidey 3 or whatever else, but I honestly could care less about those films as it was Nolan's films that really got me back into being a fan of Batman again. Guess I can't be too hard on Nolan. He gave me 2 amazing films. The third? Well, no one is perfect so I can cut him slack due to the respect he got from me for the first 2.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #525
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Old time's sake, sure, but The Bat was used for other purposes(and wasn't really called The Bat, but the name was never mentioned if I remember), and as for the Batcave with the platforms and computer...it seems, at least to me, Bruce didn't retire right after the events of The Dark Knight, so I don't think the cave was set up while Wayne was done with the cape and cowl.

Closed Thread