The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Default Re: Ultimate One Universe RPG: IC Thread

~Opening the Scars~

"You know you don't have to do this, right?" I say to Kurt, who is currently huddled in the backseat of the car we...borrowed to track down this Cult of Apocalypse. I told him he didn't have to come with, but he's taken up the mission to find the girl with as much zeal as I have. I don't know if it's because he has nowhere else to go or because he's trying to repay me for getting him out of the government's hands, but he's with me.

"I vant to," he responds, determined. "What these people did to zhat girl...disgusting."

I'm happy for his help...but he may be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Everything in these wackjobs' file says they're dangerous. Possibly some of the most dangerous people I've ever gone up against. I couldn't figure out why, but not even the government would send troops against them.

Dust flies around the car as we head deeper into the deserts of New Mexico, the last place a government agent was tracked to before disappearing while attempting to find the cult's base of operations.

"So you know the plan?" I ask back to him.

"Yes, I follow in the darkness vhile you are led to zhe camp by zhem," he responds. "But vhy do you think zhey vill allow you in?"

"Because they want me," I respond.

We continue along the dirt road in silence for the rest of the way, until we reach the location dictated by the data on the computer I stole. I step out of the car, leaving Kurt to give me a good head start before following.

The sun begins drifting down towards the mountains, painting the sky in a vivid mix of purples, oranges, and reds. It is a beautiful, and fleeting, view as the mountains swallow the light, draping this part of the world into darkness.

I've been walking for over an hour now, with no real rhyme or reason of where I'm going, and out of frustration I yell my brother's name, "VICTOR!"

There is no response, but I hear a slight crack behind me, and I turn to find my brother standing behind me, "So you came after all, runt."

"You're not easy to find," I respond, holding back my anger, and my fists, which is unfortunately necessary at times like this. I'm here to get in. The fighting will probably come later.

"Well, come on," he smiles. His smiles have always looked like a rabid dog that can't close its mouth. Like a wolf ready to feed. "We've been waiting for you."

A football field away, Kurt Wagner watches as in a blink, two men appear behind Logan, and almost instantly, the second disappears again. Another teleporter like himself. Although, this one doesn't leave behind a cloud of purple smoke.

But before he can begin tracking Logan and the wild man with him, the second one appears in front of Kurt, striking him across the face with a powerful punch.

He appears again behind Kurt, but this time the blue mutant is ready and teleports behind him, sweeping his legs out from under the foe with his tail. But a downward punch strikes sand as he also teleports, appearing a few yards away.

"You're good, kid. But you're no Wraith."

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote