The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #51
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

Next confirmations, to bring even more hype, needs to be Famke and Jackman imo!

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

This is really rad news. Can't wait to hear the next nugget of info.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #53
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Ah ha! Awesome news!

Van Petrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
magneto23
Side-Kick

So I guess TLS will no longer be acknowledged? Fine by me if that's the case.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #55
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Awesomeness

Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #56
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

See, I don't see how The Last Stand can be apart of this continuity. First Class already established that Xavier is paralyzed when he and Magneto were in their mid-to-late 20's. Also, let's not forget that Moira McTaggert already exists in 1962. If Xavier was not paralyzed at the end of First Class, then I can see them trying to put all of it together and retconning Dr. McTaggert as someone else.

I can't see anyone bringing this up as blowing things out of proportion or being too analytically since Xavier being paralyzed and Xavier/Magneto meeting young Jean Grey were both pivotal scenes in their respective films.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #57
def28
Side-Kick

The Wolverine follows X3 continuity. I highly doubt its being taking away as never existing in the franchise. Since we are dealing with ALt timelines in DOFP all 3 original X flicks can be out the window or changed in some sense. It depends what they do, but X3 is still canon as far as X films are concerned from what Mangold and Jackman said.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
See, I don't see how The Last Stand can be apart of this continuity. First Class already established that Xavier is paralyzed when he and Magneto were in their mid-to-late 20's. Also, let's not forget that Moira McTaggert already exists in 1962. If Xavier was not paralyzed at the end of First Class, then I can see them trying to put all of it together and retconning Dr. McTaggert as someone else.

I can't see anyone bringing this up as blowing things out of proportion or being too analytically since Xavier being paralyzed and Xavier/Magneto meeting young Jean Grey were both pivotal scenes in their respective films.
We've all been bringing this up like forever so you are not alone in wondering how the films can fit together.

I think the problem has been that each film has been made without fully taking into consideration the other films that existed at the time, and without considering the franchise as a whole.The filmmakers just did what worked best for the individual story they were trying to tell.

Hopefully it becomes clear what is being acknowledged, ignored or accounted for.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'm guessing that Stewart will be able to feature, because someone from the future (maybe Cable?) will come back to the time of the original trilogy but before the events of the Last Stand. That would be the easiest way round it without having to explain how Stewart's Prof X is still alive. Not everyone is going to remember what happened in X3 with that aftercredits scene.

Then maybe there will be scenes that happen during that period, and some that happen during the First Class period. I doubt though that Stewart and Mckellan will be the ones to time travel to the 60s and meet McAvoy and Fassbender.

I don't see any problem with Rebecca Romijn returning though. She did a cameo in FC.

But how about Kelsey Grammer?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #60
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I wonder how much screen time they will have o.O

GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #61
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
If any X-Men film is going to be an 'event movie' it's going to be this one.
each day I feel even more that this movie will be really big for Fox.

Im not saying 1 billion, but I see big things for this sequel. The hype around this movie is increasing month after month, and when they announce Hugh and other original actors it will be even bigger. And next year images from the set, the teaser trailer...

Omg..... I feel like a kid with all of this

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #62
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The Wolverine follows X3 continuity. I highly doubt its being taking away as never existing in the franchise. Since we are dealing with ALt timelines in DOFP all 3 original X flicks can be out the window or changed in some sense. It depends what they do, but X3 is still canon as far as X films are concerned from what Mangold and Jackman said.
Exactly. and with said, I think The Wolverine may have a few answers as to where this timeline currently stands, at the very least, as far as Logan.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #63
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I just don't know how they are doing to do it. First Class contradicts The Last Stand in so many ways. Like I said on the first page, they're going to have fun trying to piece these films together. The only no-no within a franchise is not messing up continuity. We can forgive seeing anti-mutant McCoy on television in X2. We can forgive MacTaggert being in The Last Stand since her camero was pretty much shoe-horned in there. It's just everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We've all been bringing this up like forever so you are not alone in wondering how the films can fit together.

I think the problem has been that each film has been made without fully taking into consideration the other films that existed at the time, and without considering the franchise as a whole.The filmmakers just did what worked best for the individual story they were trying to tell.

Hopefully it becomes clear what is being acknowledged, ignored or accounted for.
You're right. Hopefully it does become clear soon. My inner fanboy comes out with situations like this.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #64
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just don't know how they are doing to do it. First Class contradicts The Last Stand in so many ways. Like I said on the first page, they're going to have fun trying to piece these films together. The only no-no within a franchise is not messing up continuity. We can forgive seeing anti-mutant McCoy on television in X2. We can forgive MacTaggert being in The Last Stand since her camero was pretty much shoe-horned in there. It's just everything else.
Yeah theres problems that cant be fixed. Personally I think FC will run off its own timeline by the end of this film. So directly it wont connect to X1,2 or 3. Theres alot they can do, I think the further they step from the original triliogy continuity the better the future for these films will be in terms of new filmmakers doing what they want. It will be interesting.

Last edited by def28; 11-27-2012 at 07:47 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #65
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Yeah, for the longevity of the franchise and for a possible second sequel, distance needs to be made. Oh yeah and my fault. Definitely meant cameo, not camero.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #66
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Delighted with this news, its all finally coming together, and as someone who has a severe dislike of X3, I wouldnt mind at all if it was erased through time-travel or alternate timelines.

I trust Singer to deliver either way.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #67
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

What do you mean by anti-mutant McCoy? Did you mean NON-mutant?

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #68
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybe they'll say that continuity has already been messed up because someone has already time travelled within the films without them being aware of it. So rather than seeing a future traveller going back and then potentially disrupting the timeline, maybe someone already has done that all this time but we just don't know it yet. Perhaps Cable or whoever will look at all the events of the films on a screen and wonder why nothing seems to match up.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #69
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
What do you mean by anti-mutant McCoy? Did you mean NON-mutant?
Well yeah, he was an non-mutant too. But in his cameo, he was anti-mutant. He was like "Maybe we should round them up by the truck load."

Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #70
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Well yeah, he was an non-mutant too. But in his cameo, he was anti-mutant. He was like "Maybe we should round them up by the truck load."
He was being sarcastic..

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #71
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
He was being sarcastic..
I don't think so. Do you know what sarcasm means?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #72
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Yea he was obviously being sarcastic. And he was talking to Sebastian Shaw.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #73
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

I am drooling in anticipation at seeing them on screen again as Magneto and Xavier. They had terrific chemistry.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #74
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
He was being sarcastic..
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Yea he was obviously being sarcastic. And he was talking to Sebastian Shaw.
Oh snap. I just rewatched that scene. For the longest time, I thought McCoy was anti-mutant in that scene. I had no idea he was being sarcastic, but it makes sense. My fault, guys.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #75
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Irregardlessly, you can be damn sure that the time travel stuff wont make a lick of logical sense. Sooo sick of this premise in tv/movies/comics (only "AI run amok" is more overused).

That said, I will be there opening week, barring terrible reviews. To me, X-2 is a master class in editing and its in my top 5 SH movies. With a good script, I have faith in Singer. Plus, Im actually curious to see if they can sort out all the continuity issues in one movie (this is the real reason they're doing time travel btw). Vee shall zee.

I really miss Rebecca Romijn as Mystique. Shes not a great actress or anything, but I think she was basically perfect in that role. Jen Lawrence is beautiful and talented, but she looked very odd in the makeup and just didnt bring much to the character. Miscast, but there can certainly improve on things and maybe I will change my mind. Characterization-wise, there is absolutely no continuity between the FC Mystique and the X123 version. Very different people, and not just the different actors appearances.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 11-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote