Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Still glad to this day on how:

1. We finally got a GREAT/AWESOME female lead in Nolan's franchise, one that was well written and well portrayed by the selected Actress (Anne)

2. The Nolans were able to break the trend of Batman ending up alone and miserable by allowing their version of Bruce to end up with a great female companion at the end of his run

3. That we didn't get a damsel in distress. Considering on how a lot of people had the notion that we would never see a sequence featuring Nolan's batman teaming up with another costumed individual to achieve something good, it was great to see how they went about with Batman and Selina working alongside together to take down Talia in that car chase.
Yep, all of that was great. And Batman and Catwoman teaming up was particularly awesome. I think it's the closest thing we've gotten so far to a superhero team up in the Nolan universe. I wish he had allowed that before with a proper Robin character, as we could've had similar scenes with Batman in one vehicle and Robin in another like we had with Batman in the Bat and Catwoman on the Batpod.

And the final scene of Bruce and Selina together was wonderful. Of all the women too. I'm sure the general audience usually perceive Catwoman as a villain, so it would've shaken their whole view to see Batman and Catwoman ending up together as a couple.