The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #101
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
So where does that leave Knightcrawler?
You mean Nightcrawler, unless Batman is somehow involved (lol).

It probably leaves his link to Azazel in the fans' imaginations and never dealt with on screen. Which is a pity. But we don't know at this point. Too early to say anything definite.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #102
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I kinda wish Halle will not return for this one.

There is just too much personal drama surrounding her now. And I don't exactly know who to believe.

Kind of change my opinion of her. I used to really like her a lot.

I just saw the shocking injuries video of her Ex-fiancee, and I feel really bad and sorry for him.

If Storm is returning, I hope they replace Halle with other actresses.

Filmboy is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #103
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, it seems Matthew Vaughn may indeed be doing Star Wars (and thus likely to take Jason Flemyng with him, so goodbye to Azazel).

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/matthe...-for-star-wars
As noted by def28 in another thread, Flemyng almost all but confirms his involvement with Days of Future Past at the 35 second mark. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I kinda wish Halle will not return for this one.

There is just too much personal drama surrounding her now. And I don't exactly know who to believe.

Kind of change my opinion of her. I used to really like her a lot.

I just saw the shocking injuries video of her Ex-fiancee, and I feel really bad and sorry for him.

If Storm is returning, I hope they replace Halle with other actresses.
There is drama surrounding her now, but the movie won't be released for another 20 months.


Last edited by BMM; 11-28-2012 at 06:08 AM.
BMM is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #104
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
As noted by def28 in another thread, Flemyng almost all but confirms his involvement at the 35 second mark.
He does indeed. But if Vaughn definitely does the deal for Star Wars, it does cast some doubt over it.

Funny how that ghastly Young Prime was saying on here that Disney should try to take away Matthew Vaughn from the X-Men franchise in an attempt to damage it...


Quote:
There is drama surrounding her now, but the movie won't be released for another 20 months. We'll see.
Yep, nothing is certain at this point. If they want continuity and the familiar faces, it needs to be Halle. But if they get enough of the familiar faces anyway, she is less essential.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #105
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,840
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I kinda wish Halle will not return for this one.

There is just too much personal drama surrounding her now. And I don't exactly know who to believe.

Kind of change my opinion of her. I used to really like her a lot.

I just saw the shocking injuries video of her Ex-fiancee, and I feel really bad and sorry for him.

If Storm is returning, I hope they replace Halle with other actresses.
Do you also wish that Kelsey Grammer shouldn't be in this movie because he had drama with his ex-wife who appeared in the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills? IMO their personal lives shouldn't be a reason why they shouldn't appear in the movie.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #106
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
He does indeed. But if Vaughn definitely does the deal for Star Wars, it does cast some doubt over it.

Funny how that ghastly Young Prime was saying on here that Disney should try to take away Matthew Vaughn from the X-Men franchise in an attempt to damage it...
You mean the post claiming Mark Millar is a Disney plant? If free publicity for Days of Future Past and a renewed interest in the X-Men franchise was Disney's 4 billion dollar plan, then it was a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yep, nothing is certain at this point. If they want continuity and the familiar faces, it needs to be Halle. But if they get enough of the familiar faces anyway, she is less essential.
True.

BMM is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #107
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,760
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

for me the problem with Halle berry is that when ever i watch X3 i don't see storm i see someone who just made a fuss about wanting more screentime

GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #108
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,215
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
for me the problem with Halle berry is that when ever i watch X3 i don't see storm i see someone who just made a fuss about wanting more screentime
I see "yo mama" Jinx from Die Another Day in a white fright wig wanting more screentime.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #109
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,480
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Do you also wish that Kelsey Grammer shouldn't be in this movie because he had drama with his ex-wife who appeared in the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills? IMO their personal lives shouldn't be a reason why they shouldn't appear in the movie.
It's very unlikely Kelsey Grammer will be back.And It has nothing to do with
his personal life.Grammer Isn't a tabloid star like Halle Berry Is.He still has an
actual carrer.But here are logicil reasons

1:Grammer has said he hoped the Last Stand would be last X-Men film.He has
shown no intrest In returning
2:Bryan Singer may only want to use actors he cast In X-Men and X2 or who was cast In First Class
3:Grammer's beast physically looked different than Nicholas Holt's beast.I doudt Bryan wants to call attention to that
4:Bryan wants to ignore the Last Stand as much as Fox will allow him to.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #110
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I see "yo mama" Jinx from Die Another Day in a white fright wig wanting more screentime.
I don't think she ever said she wanted more screentime. She wanted her character to have more depth and meaning.

Whether that worked is up for debate, but she was quite right to want her character to be more than a cardboard cut-out used for occasional special effects. What was done in the film rests as much on the writing, directing and editing as much as on the casting and acting. I say editing because a scene where she mentions her origins was cut from the film.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #111
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's very unlikely Kelsey Grammer will be back.And It has nothing to do with
his personal life.Grammer Isn't a tabloid star like Halle Berry Is.He still has an
actual carrer.But here are logicil reasons

1:Grammer has said he hoped the Last Stand would be last X-Men film.He has
shown no intrest In returning
2:Bryan Singer may only want to use actors he cast In X-Men and X2 or who was cast In First Class
3:Grammer's beast physically looked different than Nicholas Holt's beast.I doudt Bryan wants to call attention to that
4:Bryan wants to ignore the Last Stand as much as Fox will allow him to.
I'd love Grammer to be back - and he was cast by Vaughn after all - but there are only so many returnees they can fit in the film, so he might well not be high on the list.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #112
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,148
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, it seems Matthew Vaughn may indeed be doing Star Wars (and thus likely to take Jason Flemyng with him, so goodbye to Azazel).

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/matthe...-for-star-wars
Even if Vaughn is directing the new Star Wars film which hasn't been confirmed yet that doesn't mean Jason Flemyng isn't coming back.

Flemyng signed a standard franchise multiple movie contract for X-Men which has presidence over any other movie so the Fox wouldn't allow Flemyng to be in Star Wars if he is require to be in X-Men plus I doubt Star Wars will be filmed next April which is when ths X-Movie start filming given that they are still in pre-production for Star Wars without production start date.

Also the size of Jason Flemyng he could do both movie depending on the size of his role in X-Men DOFP or Star Wars.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #113
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,167
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, it seems Matthew Vaughn may indeed be doing Star Wars (and thus likely to take Jason Flemyng with him, so goodbye to Azazel).

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/matthe...-for-star-wars
I don't see how you get from point A to point B with that one...

JP is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #114
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I don't see how you get from point A to point B with that one...
I teleported!

(Just a big leap/assumption on my part as Flemyng seems to be a mascot for Vaughn films and if Vaughn goes zooming off to get started on Star Wars prep, then it makes it a bit less likely that Flemyng will be in DoFP)

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #115
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Star Wars VII wont be shooted at the same time as DOFP, so no agenda problems with this one.

Angamb is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #116
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,167
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I teleported!

(Just a big leap/assumption on my part as Flemyng seems to be a mascot for Vaughn films and if Vaughn goes zooming off to get started on Star Wars prep, then it makes it a bit less likely that Flemyng will be in DoFP)
Well, we don't know if Vaughn is doing Star Wars... But what we do know is that Flemyng appears in all of Vaughn's films, that included the ones he produces. He even confirms he's appearing in DoFP in the interview you linked to...

JP is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #117
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,840
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

If Matthew Vaughn is indeed directing the new Star Wars trilogy, I might end up loving Star Wars. I've seen all the Star Wars films including the Clone Wars, none of them were great for me. But I loved Matthew Vaughn's films Stardust and X-Men: First Class, so I'm pretty sure he'd a good job if he directs Star Wars.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #118
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,415
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Empire Strikes Back over First Class, all day, every day

A New Hope, and Jedi too, for that matter

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #119
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,093
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I'm really surprised Disney went with Vaughn for the new Star Wars (if it is indeed true). They can do so much better IMO

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #120
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,555
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If Matthew Vaughn is indeed directing the new Star Wars trilogy, I might end up loving Star Wars. I've seen all the Star Wars films including the Clone Wars, none of them were great for me. But I loved Matthew Vaughn's films Stardust and X-Men: First Class, so I'm pretty sure he'd a good job if he directs Star Wars.
X-Men: First Class over the original Star Wars trilogy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2BGsqtY1o0
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #121
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,840
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
X-Men: First Class over the original Star Wars trilogy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2BGsqtY1o0
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yes and it shouldn't be a shocked to you since I'm a big X-Men fan and I couldn't care less about Star Wars.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #122
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,613
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

They're so different that its not worth comparing the two.

Octoberist is online now  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #123
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,613
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Though to be honest, ever since the prequels I became apathetic towards Star Wars and what it has become to me. I think the OT especially 'Empire Strikes Back' because is just a damn good movie. A classic.

But I hope the new film will rock.

Octoberist is online now  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #124
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,415
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I'm a much bigger X-fan than star wars guy

And that's why I can comfortably say, original SW trilogy over First Class anytime

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is online now  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #125
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,093
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I'm a much bigger X-fan than star wars guy

And that's why I can comfortably say, original SW trilogy over First Class anytime
Don't you mean the other way around?

For me though it's X2 >>> original SW trilogy
For all the cringe-worthy things I can find in FC, it's just slighty above XM:WO!

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.