The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #226
Charlus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 71
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Not yet. I imagine that it will be online, officially, that next Monday. I would love to be wrong though.
Thanks! Not being in the states, hope they release it during the weekend

Charlus is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #227
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Immortalfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the pale moonlight
Posts: 55,653
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Am I hearing this right, the next thing is a preview of a preview? Didn't we already have one of those this summer, with the laundry and butterflies? What the puck...

__________________
D A W G S
Immortalfire is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #228
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
Am I hearing this right, the next thing is a preview of a preview? Didn't we already have one of those this summer, with the laundry and butterflies? What the puck...
OMG i just laughed out loud, haha.

ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #229
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
You know, I wonder if the trailers will be attached to the Hobbit in IMAX depending on the running time. When I saw TDKR, the MOS teaser wasn't attached because it wouldn't fit on the reel. Now considering the Hobbit will no doubt be long, and the inclusion of a 9 min Star Trek prologue, there may not be time for the trailers.
Read this from a few people, not sure what you guys saw. I saw Rises in a true IMAX and there were 5 full trailers, and the MOS teaser.

Nvmyprixgt is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #230
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvmyprixgt View Post
Read this from a few people, not sure what you guys saw. I saw Rises in a true IMAX and there were 5 full trailers, and the MOS teaser.
Were the trailers in IMAX? They may have used an extra 35mm reel.

When I called to ask, the theater said that the IMAX reel only has 3hrs on it so they couldn't fit it on there -- despite there being an extra 15mins

Krumm is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #231
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Were the trailers in IMAX? They may have used an extra 35mm reel.

When I called to ask, the theater said that the IMAX reel only has 3hrs on it so they couldn't fit it on there -- despite there being an extra 15mins
I feel confident saying they were, but I'm not 100%.

Nvmyprixgt is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #232
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,649
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

When I saw Rises in true IMAX, there were no trailers at all. Just the film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is online now  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #233
Boosted
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 307
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Yeah I got no trailers for TDKR in IMAX. But I recall getting trailers for other IMAX films, I think it had to do with TDKR IMAX being screened on film, not digital. That was my guess though, probably not true.

Boosted is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #234
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Yeah I got no trailers for TDKR in IMAX. But I recall getting trailers for other IMAX films, I think it had to do with TDKR IMAX being screened on film, not digital. That was my guess though, probably not true.
Hmm I'm not sure. I saw it at an AMC. Not as "true" IMAX as a science center, but pretty legit. We had OZ, MOS, and others.

Planning on getting tickets for IMAX hobbit, will be furious if it doesn't have a trailer.

Nvmyprixgt is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #235
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,947
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvmyprixgt View Post
Hmm I'm not sure. I saw it at an AMC. Not as "true" IMAX as a science center, but pretty legit. We had OZ, MOS, and others.

Planning on getting tickets for IMAX hobbit, will be furious if it doesn't have a trailer.
If it was AMC, it's 90% likely that it wasn't a "true IMAX." The partnership of IMAX and AMC is what brought about the "LieMAX" thing in the first place. Which AMC was it?

The gigantic film platters for true IMAX screens were not large enough to hold the film print for TDKR plus trailers, because the actual 70mm film is so damn big.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 11-22-2012 at 03:56 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #236
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
If it was AMC, it's 90% likely that it wasn't a "true IMAX." The partnership of IMAX and AMC is what brought about the "LieMAX" thing in the first place. Which AMC was it?

The gigantic film platters for true IMAX screens were not large enough to hold the film print for TDKR plus trailers, because the actual 70mm film is so damn big.
It has the official IMAX logo, idk if that matters. It's Amc livonia 20. I know it's on the list of theatres capable of playing the hobbit to full potential.

Nvmyprixgt is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #237
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,947
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvmyprixgt View Post
It has the official IMAX logo, idk if that matters.
The digital IMAXes are still IMAX brand. When people talk about "true IMAX" they're talking about 70mm film projection, which is sadly becoming obsolete. AMC made a deal with IMAX a few years back to install digital IMAXes in a lot of their theaters, which don't project the actual 70mm film stock, and are almost universally smaller screens than the true IMAXes.

Here's some more info and screen size comparisons:
http://gizmodo.com/5250625/cineplexe...-or-conspiracy
http://www.lfexaminer.com/20081016.htm

Quote:
It's Amc livonia 20. I know it's on the list of theatres capable of playing the hobbit to full potential.
I just looked that theater up, and it is indeed of the digital, "LieMAX" variety. If it were real, it would say "15/70" under the "Screen Format" category.
http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/...html?uniq=1172

Here's a list of where the "real" ones are:
http://www.lfexaminer.com/DarkKnightRisesOn1570.htm

The Hobbit was shot on digital, not 70mm film like TDKR, so I would imagine that all those digital IMAXes would indeed be capable of showing it at it's "full potential." All of this is a long-winded explanation that yeah, you should get your trailers at that digital IMAX theater no problem.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 11-22-2012 at 09:05 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #238
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
The digital IMAXes are still IMAX brand. When people talk about "true IMAX" they're talking about 70mm film projection, which is sadly becoming obsolete. AMC made a deal with IMAX a few years back to install digital IMAXes in a lot of their theaters, which don't project the actual 70mm film stock, and are almost universally smaller screens than the true IMAXes.

Here's some more info and screen size comparisons:
http://gizmodo.com/5250625/cineplexe...-or-conspiracy
http://www.lfexaminer.com/20081016.htm

I just looked that theater up, and it is indeed of the digital, "LieMAX" variety. If it were real, it would say "15/70" under the "Screen Format" category.
http://www.bigmoviezone.com/txshows/...html?uniq=1172

Here's a list of where the "real" ones are:
http://www.lfexaminer.com/DarkKnightRisesOn1570.htm

The Hobbit was shot on digital, not 70mm film like TDKR, so I would imagine that all those digital IMAXes would indeed be capable of showing it at it's "full potential." All of this is a long-winded explanation that yeah, you should get your trailers at that digital IMAX theater no problem.
Yea once I thought about it, I realized the only "true" IMAX is at the Henry ford science center. I can't wait for the trailer!

Nvmyprixgt is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #239
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
The digital IMAXes are still IMAX brand. When people talk about "true IMAX" they're talking about 70mm film projection, which is sadly becoming obsolete. AMC made a deal with IMAX a few years back to install digital IMAXes in a lot of their theaters, which don't project the actual 70mm film stock, and are almost universally smaller screens than the true IMAXes.
I remember going to an AMC IMAX for the first time expecting it to be an actual IMAX, my only reaction was "Da hell is this?"

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #240
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,947
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I remember going to an AMC IMAX for the first time expecting it to be an actual IMAX, my only reaction was "Da hell is this?"
Haha, that exact same thing happened to me. I had just moved here from a place where I used to have to drive 1.5 hours to see IMAX movies, and I was so excited to have an IMAX at an AMC theater right next to my neighborhood. They had literally just opened the IMAX auditorium and were showing their first movie on it (Eagle Eye). I was so pumped, and then I walked in and was like, WTF. I mean, it wasn't even half the size of the IMAX I was used to.

True IMAX is my absolute favorite movie going experience, so I hated to to see the IMAX brand essentially sell out the way it did. I certainly understand it, but I don't have to like it, and I don't think it's right that the company acts as if the two formats are exactly the same (and of course charges the same for them).

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #241
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,722
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

So it sounds like the trailer has been seen by a "source" This is coming from CBM, so who knows. Here's the article anyways. GOOD GOD, I hope this is true, because it sounds absolutely amazing.

Our source from DC Entertainment just got back to us about the new Man of Steel trailer attached to The Hobbit.

While no specific details are mentioned other than Zod appearing, the source says that it's probably the best comic book movie trailer ever made.

The source sent over the following:

"The trailer has everything; you get a sense of the story, breathtaking action sequences that are just a snippet of the film. It has everything a fanboy would dream of in a first Superman trailer, but it has the appeal that would draw the wider audience in. I will say that clear and present images of Zod are seen in the trailer. You just need to watch it without knowing anything to be really blown away."

This same source also provided us information that Henry Cavill would be appearing in Man of Steel sequels as well as the Justice League movie months ago, which director Zack Snyder recently all but came out and said.

The source also provided us with a specific scene in the Man of Steel that was featured in the Comic-Con footage, specifically mentioning what took place with Lana Lang.

The source also provided us a key detail about the creation of the Yellow Rings in the Green Lantern movie before the movie's premiere. We are aware what Marc Guggenheim said about our Green Lantern 2 script information, and while we can't verify the information personally, our source said that Guggenheim is playing his cards close to his chest.


The article does go on to talk about other things not necessarily MOS related.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-blow-you-away

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #242
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So it sounds like the trailer has been seen by a "source" This is coming from CBM, so who knows. Here's the article anyways. GOOD GOD, I hope this is true, because it sounds absolutely amazing.

Our source from DC Entertainment just got back to us about the new Man of Steel trailer attached to The Hobbit.

While no specific details are mentioned other than Zod appearing, the source says that it's probably the best comic book movie trailer ever made.

The source sent over the following:

"The trailer has everything; you get a sense of the story, breathtaking action sequences that are just a snippet of the film. It has everything a fanboy would dream of in a first Superman trailer, but it has the appeal that would draw the wider audience in. I will say that clear and present images of Zod are seen in the trailer. You just need to watch it without knowing anything to be really blown away."

This same source also provided us information that Henry Cavill would be appearing in Man of Steel sequels as well as the Justice League movie months ago, which director Zack Snyder recently all but came out and said.

The source also provided us with a specific scene in the Man of Steel that was featured in the Comic-Con footage, specifically mentioning what took place with Lana Lang.

The source also provided us a key detail about the creation of the Yellow Rings in the Green Lantern movie before the movie's premiere. We are aware what Marc Guggenheim said about our Green Lantern 2 script information, and while we can't verify the information personally, our source said that Guggenheim is playing his cards close to his chest.


The article does go on to talk about other things not necessarily MOS related.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-blow-you-away
I hope it's true too but I'm pretty sure this trailer will kick ass with Snyder behind it.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #243
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,221
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
You realize there is nothing there, right? Just vague BS from well-documented BS spreaders.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #244
ElDuderino
Side-Kick
 
ElDuderino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
You realize there is nothing there, right? Just vague BS from well-documented BS spreaders.
1. There is "something" there. First, they're reporting that the official trailer will have a lot of action (something we don't know for sure, especially after having such a subdued teaser), and second, they're reporting that we get clear pictures of Zod.

2. They've laid out what appears to be pretty convincing evidence that their source is legitimate in the post.

However, I don't see anything in your post that brings anything to the table.

ElDuderino is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #245
dabilee01
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 336
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
1. There is "something" there. First, they're reporting that the official trailer will have a lot of action (something we don't know for sure, especially after having such a subdued teaser), and second, they're reporting that we get clear pictures of Zod.

2. They've laid out what appears to be pretty convincing evidence that their source is legitimate in the post.

However, I don't see anything in your post that brings anything to the table.
like staying out past midnight, sassing a moderator never leads to good things.

dabilee01 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #246
DieSmiling
WINNING
 
DieSmiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,294
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

I know the only NYC Imax that is a real Imax is the Lincoln Square one, which is where I saw TDKR. We had no trailers at all.

That CBM description is fairly worthless. "It has lots of action, it's really good, and you see Zod!"

It's like a "psychic" who throws obvious, intuitive stuff at the wall hoping it sticks so they can point out they were right. I mean, the only detail they have is that Zod appears? I can actually confirm that I've seen the trailer as well and Superman also appears.

Regardless, lets all hope they're right and that the trailer is awesome. This movie needs buzz.

__________________
When supervillains want to scare each other they tell Joker stories.
DieSmiling is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #247
Naite22
Side-Kick
 
Naite22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,760
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

I much rather would just like to see the trailer, without reading about it... I have way to many cases where I've read descriptions for trailers, and than when I actually see it, I get disappointed because it wasn't at all what I had visioned in my head. We've all experienced this, haven't we.

Naite22 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #248
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

I personally think that the Batman Begins script was better than what we saw in the movie...so yeah, i know what you mean.

UaalaDan is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #249
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 882
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
I much rather would just like to see the trailer, without reading about it... I have way to many cases where I've read descriptions for trailers, and than when I actually see it, I get disappointed because it wasn't at all what I had visioned in my head. We've all experienced this, haven't we.
Damn that...I wanna READ IT NOW! Spoil the hell out of ME!

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #250
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
You realize there is nothing there, right? Just vague BS from well-documented BS spreaders.
This.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.