The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #726
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Charlize is only 3 years older than January

Funny thing is I thought January was wayyyy older than 32. I actually thought she was older than Charlize.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #727
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Charlize as Emma is never gonna happen, thankfully.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #728
def28
Side-Kick

Charlize would own the hell out of that role with zero effort.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #729
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Just get the chick that was originally supposed to play her in FC

Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #730
def28
Side-Kick

They should keep with Jones just for continuity, but Alice Eve would have been ****ing awesome. Doesnt really matter to me as long as they add a bit more depth to her and keep the look if the character returns.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #731
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Honestly, doesn't matter to me either if they can make her ACT and not just recite lines like it's her first read through the script.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #732
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
If they can build upon what we had of Storm in X3, I think she'll be a fine addition to DOFP.

I really loved her portrayal in X3 and how she was very much the voice of reason when it came to the cure, Jean, and the closing of the school.
Storm was really forced in X3. X2 Storm is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
They should keep with Jones just for continuity.
Yes they should. But incase January Jones doesn't want to comeback. Charlize Theron would be a good replacement.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #733
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I always imagined Angelina Jolie as Psylocke!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #734
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
They should keep with Jones just for continuity, but Alice Eve would have been ****ing awesome. Doesnt really matter to me as long as they add a bit more depth to her and keep the look if the character returns.
I agree. Alice Eve would have been amazing. Didn't she say no?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #735
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I agree. Alice Eve would have been amazing. Didn't she say no?
I think so, not too sure tbh. Weird she wouldnt do FC but she did MIB3. Emma had about the same screen time if not more then her character.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #736
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Storm was really forced in X3. X2 Storm is the best.
True, but everything was a little forced in X3; that's just a bad script that needed some serious fine tuning. There was a good movie there somewhere, it just never achieved it.

I'm glad someone agrees about X2 Storm, though, I thought she was awesome. I never understood why Halle was so upset. She carried 2 major effects sequences (x-jet chase and shutting down dark cerebro) and had some great character moments with Nightcrawler.

If they could have had more of that in X3, Storm would have been perfect. I'd love to see her in DOTFP, but with her shaky relationship with Singer and now all her baby daddy issues going on in her personal life, I just don't see that happening.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #737
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
True, but everything was a little forced in X3; that's just a bad script that needed some serious fine tuning. There was a good movie there somewhere, it just never achieved it.

I'm glad someone agrees about X2 Storm, though, I thought she was awesome. I never understood why Halle was so upset. She carried 2 major effects sequences (x-jet chase and shutting down dark cerebro) and had some great character moments with Nightcrawler.

If they could have had more of that in X3, Storm would have been perfect. I'd love to see her in DOTFP, but with her shaky relationship with Singer and now all her baby daddy issues going on in her personal life, I just don't see that happening.
I don't think she was 'upset', but she was aware of the fans saying (sometimes directly to her face at premieres etc) that they felt Storm didn't have much dimension.

Most of the others were much more embedded in the mythology of the movies. Xavier founding the school, once knowing Magneto as a friend; Cyclops as the leader and lover of Jean (although he was made to be a bit boy-ish); Jean as the doctor/scientist. They tried to make Storm a teacher in X1, but it didn't offer much character insight, and the X2 stuff was fine, but we still didn't get much of a handle on why she was there.

Xavier, Jean and Scott seemed like family. But it was like Storm just happened to be at the mansion!

It remains to be seen if Halle comes back. Personal issues or not, she is one of the faces of this franchise and perhaps she can inject that personal emotion into her character.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #738
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Storm's best scene IMO was her talk with Nightcrawler on the X-Jet in X2.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #739
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I always imagined Angelina Jolie as Psylocke!
Last time I checked Angelina is not Asian. But if you were going for British Psylocke...Angelina with Brit accent in Tomb Raider? *shudders*

Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #740
magneto23
Side-Kick

Never understood why people are so gung ho to replace Jones. She wasn't that bad. Personally, I can't stand casting changes. Like others have pointed out its the continuity. This series of films need more continuity and less change.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #741
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Last time I checked Angelina is not Asian. But if you were going for British Psylocke...Angelina with Brit accent in Tomb Raider? *shudders*
Actually, I think Mei Melancon from X3 was perfectly okay as Psylocke - she had the hair, the crimson face mark, the acting seemed fine for what was a very limited role. Whether we see that actress in that role again is another matter. They're likely to get a British Psylocke in future to distance themselves from the X3 version!

I also thought Dania Ramirez was fine as Callisto - they just need to stick an eyepatch on her next time. The only X3 casting I didn't really like was Vinnie's Juggernaut.

And Angelina would probably be okay as Scarlet Witch, though a bit too celebrity and not an ideal choice. If Fox doesn't include her, then Marvel Studios will, so fastest casting wins!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #742
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I didn't get the point at all in including Psylocke, as a Brotherhood no less, in X3? She didn't even get to use her more signature power display, TK katana blade. The power they did show wasn't even done well: her materializing thru shadows, when there was none to be seen.

I did a quick google search, and I found this interview with Mei (actress that played Psylocke). You can just tell the interviewer is a fellow geek, even mentioning that time the X3 writers *ahem* bended the truth pre-release of X3. Also, I didn't know she originally auditioned for Callisto...

Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #743
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I didn't get the point at all in including Psylocke, as a Brotherhood no less, in X3? She didn't even get to use her more signature power display, TK katana blade. The power they did show wasn't even done well: her materializing thru shadows, when there was none to be seen.
She was originally going to have a larger role, including a scene where she fired her psi-blades, but it was cut down.

And I don't think it was materialising out of shadows, but her power to appear invisible by altering perceptions.

Quote:
I did a quick google search, and I found this interview with Mei (actress that played Psylocke). You can just tell the interviewer is a fellow geek, even mentioning that time the X3 writers *ahem* bended the truth pre-release of X3. Also, I didn't know she originally auditioned for Callisto..
Fantastic interview (and I should know because I did it lol).

Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #744
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Fantastic interview (and I should know because I did it lol).
Oh LOL I knew you had a site of your own, just didn't know it was that one. Fantastic interview indeed!

I was actually gonna say the interviewer might be someone that peruses the boards!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #745
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Oh LOL I knew you had a site of your own, just didn't know it was that one. Fantastic interview indeed!

I was actually gonna say the interviewer might be someone that peruses the boards!
The clue is in my signature! lol

Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #746
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wouldn't mind someone like Berenice Marlohe as Psylocke. That woman needs to be in a comic book movie!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #747
Angamb
Banned User

Cyclops fans:

James Marsden is on the list for a character on Guardians of the Galaxy by Marvel.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/marv...akingnewsalert

Lets see what happens and if Bryan and Fox will confirm him back or not.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #748
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Marsden might not want to come back if it's going to be a thankless role like in X3. If he's offered the leading role in Guardians, that's a bigger deal than the supposed leader of the X-Men who never really fills that role and is just a peripheral character.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #749
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well If fox wants to keep the Last Stand In cannon CYclops won't be in future part.If you
want Cyclops In days of future Past(I don't think Bryan will go further than a few years Later In the past part) you should hope The Last Stand Is ignored.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #750
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Cyclops fans:

James Marsden is on the list for a character on Guardians of the Galaxy by Marvel.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/marv...akingnewsalert

Lets see what happens and if Bryan and Fox will confirm him back or not.
Interesting...