The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Is Hugh Jackman ever going to be allowed to have a gut? The guy is going to have to stay in Wolvie shape forever!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #27
LostSon88
Side-Kick

So long as the FC cast doesn't take a backseat to the original trilogy actors, I'm good.

This is getting exciting.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
CB Fan
The Watcher

I just don't want this to turn into another Wolverine and Friends movie and that's exactly what Singer served with both of his x-flicks. I knew Logan was gonna be in it but now with Singer directing I'm officially worried.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #29
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Is Hugh Jackman ever going to be allowed to have a gut? The guy is going to have to stay in Wolvie shape forever!
I see no problem with that.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #30
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I just don't want this to turn into another Wolverine and Friends movie and that's exactly what Singer served with both of his x-flicks. I knew Logan was gonna be in it but now with Singer directing I'm officially worried.
Thank you. That's exactly my issue too.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #31
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'm all for X-Men 4 and another Wolverine and Friends .

In fact I want all of X-Men 3 retconned off the face of the earth.

Singer and co., GET TO WORK!

Call up Anna Paquin right now. Grovel and beg her to come back. Promise Rogue will be a badass this time and not a whiney love obsessed teen that takes a fake cure so she can make out with her boyfriend!

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm all for X-Men 4 and another Wolverine and Friends .

In fact I want all of X-Men 3 retconned off the face of the earth.

Singer and co., GET TO WORK!
This is a FIRST CLASS sequel.
Why don't people (including the DOFP crew apparently) get that?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #33
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Because X-Men 3 sucked. Because the old cast members are returning. Because we want to see a true X-Men 4.

So again, time to call Anna Paquin, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, and James Marsden. We need to repair the damage of the X-Men 3 trash stat.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #34
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because X-Men 3 sucked. Because the old cast members are returning. Because we want to see a true X-Men 4.

So again, time to call Anna Paquin, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, and James Marsden. We need to repair the damage of the X-Men 3 trash stat.
That's not going to happen though. They aren't going to ignore X3, even if this WAS X4. The audience is confused enough by the continuity errors. You can't make them forget an entire film.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
Figs
Banned User

Quote:

I would keep Paquin's ****** Rogue the hell away from this film. Her and Berry need to stay far away.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #36
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Why? Anna Paquin is a great actress and she was a good Rogue. The problem is they totally ****ed over her character arc in the third movie and gave her nothing to do.

Is it wrong I want to see Paquin have a more fulfilling arc this time around as Rogue and maybe fulfill all that promise she had in the first two movies? Have her actually show up to the final battle and not chicken out and take a fake racist cure?

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #37
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
That's not going to happen though. They aren't going to ignore X3, even if this WAS X4. The audience is confused enough by the continuity errors. You can't make them forget an entire film.
Have you read the script? How do you know for sure? How do you know that hasn't changed?

Just saying, getting all the major stars from the old movies back is a game changer here.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #38
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Why? Anna Paquin is a great actress and she was a good Rogue. The problem is they totally ****ed over her character arc in the third movie and gave her nothing to do.

Is it wrong I want to see Paquin have a more fulfilling arc this time around as Rogue and maybe fulfill all that promise she had in the first two movies? Have her actually show up to the final battle and not chicken out and take a fake racist cure?
I'll only be ok with it if they go against her personality in the previous films and make her the sassy and confident woman(not little girl) that she should be. I don't have anything against Paquin as an actress, I just didn't like how they screwed up Rogue's personality.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am all for saying X-men the Last Stand never happened.But,even If Bryan has to Include It In film contunity I expext Bryan to try to avoid any direct references to It.Bryan
directing can get Anna Paquin as Rogue.If Wolverine stays In future Rogue could fill the void of Kitty.Rebecca Romijn needs to be In future scenes at Ian Mckellen's side.

Rewatching X2 reminds me not only how great that was but what promise the future of X-Men films had and now they have chance to reclaim It.Bryan can top X2.He has budget and time he didn't have with first 2 films.

Even with being the second highest grossing X-Men film overseas First Class Is still the lowest grossing X-Men.Doing a event film with Days of future past Is smart business for
Fox.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #40
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

They were clearly building to that, but again, the writers and Brett Ratner totally screwed the pooch with fake racist cure. People need to get over Rogue's character. It worked for those movies. This was Rogue right after her mutation, a woman who has deadly skin can't just suddenly turn into sassy confident superhero overnight. Paquin is a great actress and definitely has the chops to play the Rogue we know and love.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #41
psyonic
X-Man

I think it was meant to be a sequel to FC, but since The Avengers, Fox has reconsidered it being only a sequel to FC but is now also making it a sequel to X3. FC didn't do as well as the previous X-Men movies so they want to bring back the OT cast and I'm sure they're well aware fans want to see them again. With the departure of Vaughan, plans have definitely been changed. Plus, The Wolverine is set after X3, so there is no doubt they want to move forward with the X-Men franchise. I can see them continuing the franchise with an official X4, X5 and concluding the FC timeline in DoFP, but who is say they're not going to have mutants brought to the future from the FC era.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #42
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
This is a FIRST CLASS sequel.
Why don't people (including the DOFP crew apparently) get that?
Not anymore...otherwise, why are all of these machinations happening?

You still may not understand that the studio ultimately dictates the process/production...they do surveys for this kind of stuff. The mixed box office returns of First Class definitely pushed them to reconsider where the franchise is going, and I'm sure they did some audience/consumer opinion polls on where viewers would like to see these characters/franchise go next.

And I'm sure that they've also already done some polls about combining these two casts...which no doubt, have turned out a greater positive result than anticipation for a simple First Class sequel.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #43
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Honestly I hate prequels, so I see this as a decent compromise.

Wait Wolverine 2 is a sequel to X-Men 3 story now? So weird. Figured it would've been Wolverine after his first crappy movie hiding out in Japan and leading up to the first X-Men movie.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #44
BMM
Side-Kick

I hope they take a quality over quantity approach when utilizing Wolverine. Is he a box office draw? Yes. Does his being onscreen make for a better scene regardless? Hell no. His 30 second cameo in Wolverine was better than his 2 hours in X-Men Origins. Use him wisely.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #45
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wait Wolverine 2 is a sequel to X-Men 3 story now? So weird. Figured it would've been Wolverine after his first crappy movie hiding out in Japan and leading up to the first X-Men movie.
It's not really a sequel to...anything. It's marketing speak to "set up" the movie for fans who weren't sure whether this was still a "prequel-period" film. Mangold only wanted to do the film if he wouldn't have to deal with timelines, inconsistencies, potentially conflicting characterizations, etc.

Setting The Wolverine in the present day, post-everything else, easily establishes that freedom.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #46
JP
Smelly

Quote:

According to Millar, The Wolverine acts in the same way for FOX the way the first Iron Man did for Marvel.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #47
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

It takes place after X3. Mangold confirmed that recently in an interview. I think they're just moving away from the spinoff movie altogether.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #48
JP
Smelly

Had to change the signature.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #49
Crosswind Ghost
Side-Kick

Wow i didn't even consider that, both Fassbender and Mcavoy can be brought into the current timeline permanently, taking the mantle from their older counterparts due to their deaths. This way both can be locked for x-men 4 and or future sequels along with the original trilogies cast.

Crosswind Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #50
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
According to Millar, The Wolverine acts in the same way for FOX the way the first Iron Man did for Marvel.
If that's the case then there would be obvious nods in this movie to set up or hint at DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

- CM Punk