Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #926
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Maybe you should read DoFP and have all your questions answered.

I'm sure Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence will still get some damn good screentime. I'm excited as all hell right now.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #927
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Ask yourself what makes more business sense.A simple sequel to first Class,or event film with casts of both first Class and earlier X-men films.Both X2 and last stand did over 200 Million domesicly.Just Imagne what Last Stand could have done If people actully liked It.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #928
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
Has it been confirmed that Vaughn is staying on as producer or has he left the project altogether?
Vaughn is still a producer.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #929
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Maybe you should read DoFP and have all your questions answered.
I have read it.
But in the comics, Professor X is dead and Magneto is barely in it. Sir Ian and Sir Patrick are too big in name to be just cameos, they're going to have active roles and I imagine Hugh Jackman will as well (which is a huge no no no no no, FC felt fresh because he was only in it for 30 seconds). As popular as the FC trio are right now, they are going to be completely overshadowed by the oldCast trio (not to mention who the hell else will be signed on from the old cast) and Singer's giant favoritism towards Wolverine and Sir Ian. I'd really, really like to know if all three were in Vaughn's intentions for the film or if it's just Singer trying to bring back as many of his good friends as he can and make up for skipping out on X3 by making X3.5.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #930
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I agree, STOP BRYAN STOP.
Although for me it just feels like every piece of news that comes out gets worse and worse...

Why couldn't they just make a bloody XMFC sequel, rather than X4?????? I'm so furious right now it's not even funny. I don't know how people can be excited about this, did we even see the same movie? I'm really not sure how a movie starring Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart can still keep the focus on the First Class crew. What a failure this movie is turning out to be.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #931
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

I'm sure Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence will still get some damn good screentime. I'm excited as all hell right now.
That's the kind of comment that worries me. "They'll STILL get screentime". They shouldn't have to "still" get anything. The movie should be 90% about them and 10% about their future selves. At this point I think we'll be lucky if they get HALF the screentime and it's pretty much a pipe dream that they'll get any character development at all. Mystique more than anyone needs it but I have a feeling they'll just shoehorn her into the ultra-cold Charles-who? villain henchman role. Nevermind Xavier coming to terms with the loss of his legs, sister, and best friend. Nevermind Magneto learning to be a leader. They're going to sacrifice what made XMFC so good (character development) for the sake of action scenes and robots in an attempt to rival Avenger's box office score ("LOLOLOLOL all it took was an ensemble team blowing stuff up, we can do that too!!").

Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #932
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
I have read it.
But in the comics, Professor X is dead and Magneto is barely in it. Sir Ian and Sir Patrick are too big in name to be just cameos, they're going to have active roles and I imagine Hugh Jackman will as well (which is a huge no no no no no, FC felt fresh because he was only in it for 30 seconds). As popular as the FC trio are right now, they are going to be completely overshadowed by the oldCast trio (not to mention who the hell else will be signed on from the old cast) and Singer's giant favoritism towards Wolverine and Sir Ian. I'd really, really like to know if all three were in Vaughn's intentions for the film or if it's just Singer trying to bring back as many of his good friends as he can and make up for skipping out on X3 by making X3.5.
Big name or not, Patrick Stewart did a cameo for Wolverine. If the movie is 2.5 hrs a 20 minute future prologue featuring the OT cast and setting up the story would be more than enough screen time.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #933
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd really, really like to know if all three were in Vaughn's intentions for the film or if it's just Singer trying to bring back as many of his good friends as he can and make up for skipping out on X3 by making X3.5.
I really could not care less what Vaughn intended for this film.

Besides since 2 of the three future actors that have been announced (Jackman's Wolverine and McKellen's Magneto) were in the DOFP comics this film is based on I don't get what you're complaining about.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #934
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
That's the kind of comment that worries me. "They'll STILL get screentime". They shouldn't have to "still" get anything. The movie should be 90% about them and 10% about their future selves. At this point I think we'll be lucky if they get HALF the screentime and it's pretty much a pipe dream that they'll get any character development at all. Mystique more than anyone needs it but I have a feeling they'll just shoehorn her into the ultra-cold Charles-who? villain henchman role. Nevermind Xavier coming to terms with the loss of his legs, sister, and best friend. Nevermind Magneto learning to be a leader. They're going to sacrifice what made XMFC so good (character development) for the sake of action scenes and robots in an attempt to rival Avenger's box office score ("LOLOLOLOL all it took was an ensemble team blowing stuff up, we can do that too!!").
You're jumping the gun. Let's see how many old cast members are returning to see if the movie might be bloated or not. Truth be told, I would rather have a true First Class sequel but I can't help getting excited over this in the end.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #935
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Ignoring who time traveler will be It's very possable the first 20-25 minutes are set In
future.I could even see the first 30 minutes In future and the remaining 1 hour and 30
minutes In past.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #936
def28
Side-Kick

This is gonna be awesome.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #937
JP
Smelly

Quote:

Apparently you haven't. The future is a mess and the PRESENT DAY X-Men have to fix it, and the PRESENT DAY BROTHERHOOD are the cause.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #938
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Well Mr. Singer/FOX have trumped even my own sly industry expectations (thought they'd attempt to hold off on leaking/announcing Jackman for a long while).

I expect the next piece of press to be either a Famke/Marsden announcement...or speculation/confirmation about this project being split into two films.

[Am I kidding? We'll see...]

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #939
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I really could not care less what Vaughn intended for this film.

Besides since 2 of the three future actors that have been announced (Jackman's Wolverine and McKellen's Magneto) were in the DOFP comics this film is based on I don't get what you're complaining about.
My issue is that despite pulling from the comic, this should be first and foremost a First Class sequel. That means they're not going to be able to follow the comic verbatim. Nor should they.

Announcing these actors so early has me worried that they're going to have massive, massive roles in this FIRST CLASS sequel when really they should be no more than short cameos. Magneto's role in the comic was really small, and while Wolverine did have an important role, giving him the same amount of time as he got in the comic would mean having to spend almost half the movie in the future, which they really should not be aiming for.

If they make him the traveler he's going to completely dominate the whole damn film. Just like he did in X1-3. Haven't we had enough of him?

Quote:
I expect the next piece of press to be either a Famke/Marsden announcement...or speculation/confirmation about this project being split into two films.
I really bloody hope not. One film is more than enough for this clusterfrig.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #940
Figs
Banned User

Really the only thing that will bring me down is if they were to announce that Berry is returning. Other than that, I'm pumped.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #941
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'm all for getting X-Men 4 here or basically a movie we should've gotten with X-Men 3.

Now let's get James Marsden back and retcon that crap from X-Men 3.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #942
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they make him the traveler he's going to completely dominate the whole damn film. Just like he did in X1-3. Haven't we had enough of him?
Apparently FOX hasn't...and they think audiences haven't, either...

Jackman's pop-up in First Class got the most vocal reaction from most audiences...not a small thing.

They clearly still love the guy in the role.

FOX/Singer would be mistaken not to include him in even a small capacity.

I understand your concern for seeing other mutants, but the General Audience is FOX's primary concern, here...and they still love Hugh.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #943
magneto23
Side-Kick

Initially I was worried about this particular story and the potential for an "X4" takeover. But I'm not anymore. I don't see Singer squandering the young talent/rising stars. The old faces will get theirs but big picture wise, I see the FC characters/actors walking away with the bulk of this film.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #944
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

X-Men: First Class was the lowest grossing X-Men movie ever domestically.

Wolverine = money.

You should be happy. Box office numbers will go up with Wolverine's presence alone. Get over it.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #945
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

Wolverine = money.

You should be happy. Box office numbers will go up with Wolverine's presence alone. Get over it.
Exactamundo, bub.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #946
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
My issue is that despite pulling from the comic, this should be first and foremost a First Class sequel. That means they're not going to be able to follow the comic verbatim. Nor should they.

Announcing these actors so early has me worried that they're going to have massive, massive roles in this FIRST CLASS sequel when really they should be no more than short cameos. Magneto's role in the comic was really small, and while Wolverine did have an important role, giving him the same amount of time as he got in the comic would mean having to spend almost half the movie in the future, which they really should not be aiming for.
No one should be expecting this movie to follow the comic verbatim. If the filmmakers were, we would have a half an hour to an hour long film, what with the DOFP series spanning only two comic book issues. I fully expect the the rest of the running time will be the development of the FC characters.

Quote:
I really bloody hope not. One film is more than enough for this clusterfrig.
This news certainly has brought out the best in some people LOL

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #947
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

When are people going to understand Wolverine is the main draw of this franchise? With Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine in a major role in an X-Men movie, the disappointing domestic number First Class did will probably now shoot up to $225 million or more.

So now we have three original cast members back, the actors who defined these characters in the last decade and you have your top box office draw for the franchise. That's GOOD for this movie.

Fans were disappointed with X-Men 3. That and the Wolverine movie didn't help matters. What's wrong with you know having Singer right the path and maybe repair the damage of X-Men 3? This is what we wanted I think.

- CM Punk
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #948
JP
Smelly

You can't make everyone happy, I suppose.

I for one am ecstatic.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #949
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Wolverine = money.

Bingo.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #950
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
When are people going to understand Wolverine is the main draw of this franchise? With Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine in a major role in an X-Men movie, the disappointing domestic number First Class did will probably now shoot up to $225 million or more.

So now we have three original cast members back, the actors who defined these characters in the last decade and you have your top box office draw for the franchise. That's GOOD for this movie.

Fans were disappointed with X-Men 3. That and the Wolverine movie didn't help matters. What's wrong with you know having Singer right the path and maybe repair the damage of X-Men 3? This is what we wanted I think.
This is what YOU wanted. Clearly you have serious love for Wolverine. The actor is magnificent for sure, but FIVE of the seven X-Men movies so far are about Wolverine. I doubt that DOFP won't be a sixth. Wolverine used to be my favorite character but I'm sick of him now and judging from what I've read pretty much everywhere beyond the SHH boards people are pretty evenly divided on his return. That is NOT good for the box office.

Closed Thread